• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Announcing Retirement+giving up rights to both the guide and this thread

UberMario

Smash Master
IMO for Lucario:

Stages to chose: FD, PS1, PS2, Battlefield, Rainbow Cruise, Yoshi's Island

Stages not to chose: Green Greens, Frigate Orpheon, Castle Siege

JUDGE

Smash Lord
ohhh didn't realized it lol sry man^^
ok lucario....i hate him......uhmm.....
don't let him be above you, but i still think platforms are good against him
you can upair to fastfall and take him underpressure
he is hard to kill horizontally with good DI so a stage with low cellings for he vertical kill

UberMario

Smash Master
ohhh didn't realized it lol sry man^^
ok lucario....i hate him......uhmm.....
don't let him be above you, but i still think platforms are good against him
you can upair to fastfall and take him underpressure
he is hard to kill horizontally with good DI so a stage with low cellings for he vertical kill
*cough* caped aura sphere *cough*

Matt07

Smash Master
I honestly I have no clue against Lucario. This match-up is so close, and even it's hard to pick stages since we practically both get the same benefits/weaknesses.

I'd most likely ban FD though just to force him on a smaller stage making it harder for him to camp/maneuver around.

JUDGE

Smash Lord
I honestly I have no clue against Lucario. This match-up is so close, and even it's hard to pick stages since we practically both get the same benefits/weaknesses.

I'd most likely ban FD though just to force him on a smaller stage making it harder for him to camp/maneuver around.
i dunno......lucario is more spacing than really CAMPING
he don't really camp so he can use little stages to his advantage as well.......omg i hate facing lucario lol^^

i think platforms are good cuz you have to stay close to quickly rackup damage.
marios attacks are much faster than lucarios so when you are in his range he can hardly counter you, except with grab and jab but because of the platforms this shouldn't be a big problem.
and as i said just one single upair to fastfall when you juggle him on the platforms
this minimalize to get punished

what do you guys think of it??

Matt07

Smash Master
Lucario's d-air pretty much outspeeds/outranges any aerials we try to throw at him. I mean, I'd be kinda iffy to take him on BF or FD because of his spacing/camping game...Maybe Smashville...

JUDGE

Smash Lord
yeah i know his dair makes me crazy^^ and he can spam it like crazy lol
but that's why i said one upair only and fastfall , otherwise you get daired

smashville is too big. too good for his spacing/camping game

JUDGE

Smash Lord
....BRINSTAR FTW!!!!!!
omg that's it^^ i mean...low vertical cellings, lava for rackup damage, platforms .....i think that's it^^

EDIT: OH AND I FORGOT RAINBOW CRUISE^^
this would be great too^^

NNID
LilG912
Gud stages to fight Lucario could be BF, I don't trust Lucario players on FD, SV, and YI. Lylat Cruise is gud, I think. Brinstar, you gonna dominate Lucario very hard. Frigate Orpheon screws up Lucario's recovery big time. Pick a stage that is small and that has platforms to break down his camping and spacing so u can put pressure dem and win the match.

Matt07

Smash Master
Ooh woops.

Ban: Final Destination. Wolf can camp you really bad there, I think I'd rather play on Yoshi's Island Brawl then Final Destination.

Counterpick, I dunno...depends who works better with platforms, I'd have to say either Smashville, or Rainbow Cruise. You give him too much to work with on bigger stages/more platforms in my opinion.

NNID
LilG912
ok Wolf, ugh I hate him due to his attacks

Neutrals: dont pick FD or SV, his ground game ***** Mario ground game. Pick BF, you'll do gud on him w/ platforms being your best friend. YI, it's up to you if you feel comfortable on it. I don't feel comfortable on it.

Counterpicks: Frigate Orpheon, maybe it can try to mess his recovery, his aerial game ain't better than Mario. Brinstar, Lylat Cruise, Pokemon Stadium 1 would be good as well in my opinion

UberMario

Smash Master
All stages that are flat are good against Wolf.

Maybe Green Greens and Yoshi's Island are bad choices, but I don't really see any "awful" stages against Wolf.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
All stages that are flat are good against Wolf.

Maybe Green Greens and Yoshi's Island are bad choices, but I don't really see any "awful" stages against Wolf.
You can still take Wolf to Japes or Frigate.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Not really, Wolf outcamps Mario quite markedly on flat stages.
I was gonna say the same thing. A stage with platforms is the way to go. Against all the space animals, I like to go to Lylat. It messes with both their camping and recovery. With all of them, I see them do well on larger stages. Stick to stages that aren't easy for someone to camp on.

My recommendations for what to CP and ban:

CP: Lylat, BF, Rainbow Cruise, Frigate Orpheon
Ban: FD, SV, Japes, Castle Siege

NNID
LilG912
When I use Mario on Wolf, I lose my confidence on winning vs him, I just need to break outta that habit and try to hard to win. Maybe, I need to play more much defensive on him. My mind feels like I rather fight Snake and Falco instead of wolf b/c I'm so used to fighting players w/ Snake, Falco, Pikachu, Kirby, sometimes Wario.

vato_break

Smash Master
bair spam is gay....Knowing when to go agressive/defensive is what this matchup is all about imo battlefield might help wolf more if he bair spams...personally lylat is good or yoshi's.

Mario_ 101

Smash Ace
Alright so... when my wii stopped reading brawl I've stopped caring about the game. I've never even gone to 1 irl tourney anyways so w/e... Anyone who wants to can take over this thread and the guide that I have neglected for so long lol. All my exp has been online >_> (JUST KEEP THE LEDGE SECTION I TOOK A LOT OF TIME OUT THINKING ABOUT THIS AND NOT ENOUGH MARIOS TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THEIR POTENTIAL ON THE LEDGE!!!!!!!!!!!!) Fire's vid on ledge stuffz should be out soon and everyone who plays Mario should pay attention to it... >_> I kind of hope that with the new vid it will be my legacy of sorts...

Anyways... I've decided to pursue something different instead of Brawl that can be more rewarding: Thrash metal, which is kinda like metallica type of music for those who don't know.. I'm going to try to be a metal guitarist which will be hard but yeah. I love the type of music. The intensity that comes from it is like no other.

Although... I've never really felt fully accepted by the community (hardly any metalheads are), and my wii won't read brawl so this is pretty much goodbye. I've also realised that playing brawl was a total waste of time and that I would gain nothing from it. I was just addicted to the game. Had I heard this from myself before my wii went out I would have beat myself up for it lawl :[3>
... But because of what has happened there isn't really much of a reason for me to be here anymore. I might go into the social chat on AiB once in a while or I might pop in here on SWF but it won't be very often...

vato_break

Smash Master
i'm a metal head >_> anyways you were one of my first wifi rival's when i was coming up and always thought you were alright,good luck with your pursuits of happiness and life...cya dood

-vato

Matt07

Smash Master
Mario_101 you were here since when I joined, sad to see you go from the forums :(. Good luck with life, I'll see you around on AIM sometime. Bye.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Fire's vid on ledge stuffz should be out soon and everyone who plays Mario should pay attention to it... >_> I kind of hope that with the new vid it will be my legacy of sorts...
I do think that you owe it to yourself to go to one offline tourney before you quit. Your too good for that. But good luck where ever you go. I'll make sure to make that vid great.

JUDGE

Smash Lord
Alright so... when my wii stopped reading brawl I've stopped caring about the game. I've never even gone to 1 irl tourney anyways so w/e... Anyone who wants to can take over this thread and the guide that I have neglected for so long lol. All my exp has been online >_> (JUST KEEP THE LEDGE SECTION I TOOK A LOT OF TIME OUT THINKING ABOUT THIS AND NOT ENOUGH MARIOS TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THEIR POTENTIAL ON THE LEDGE!!!!!!!!!!!!) Fire's vid on ledge stuffz should be out soon and everyone who plays Mario should pay attention to it... >_> I kind of hope that with the new vid it will be my legacy of sorts...

Anyways... I've decided to pursue something different instead of Brawl that can be more rewarding: Thrash metal, which is kinda like metallica type of music for those who don't know.. I'm going to try to be a metal guitarist which will be hard but yeah. I love the type of music. The intensity that comes from it is like no other.

Although... I've never really felt fully accepted by the community (hardly any metalheads are), and my wii won't read brawl so this is pretty much goodbye. I've also realised that playing brawl was a total waste of time and that I would gain nothing from it. I was just addicted to the game. Had I heard this from myself before my wii went out I would have beat myself up for it lawl :[3>
... But because of what has happened there isn't really much of a reason for me to be here anymore. I might go into the social chat on AiB once in a while or I might pop in here on SWF but it won't be very often...
oh ****.....this is hard to hear...never thought you felt not accepted but anyways.
i wish you good luck in the future man^^
hope your dream come true
we all won't forget what you did for the mario community^^
see ya around...hopefully^^

Mario_ 101

Smash Ace
I do think that you owe it to yourself to go to one offline tourney before you quit. Your too good for that.
Perhaps... but it'd be like a long time from now. There's also a slight chance that in the late future that i would compose a combo vid of my best moments... im not sure if it'll happen though because i somewhat lack the necessary equipment.

... and thnx to those who have been supportive... :[3>

Top Bottom