• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Announcing Retirement+giving up rights to both the guide and this thread

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Doesn't matter what stage we play on, the Luigi just sucked. o:
Lol.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
And you lost on Battlefield? Luigi must have a huge advantage there.

Dude, I would love to play you.
I don't do wi-fi as much any more, mainly because I play horribly there. But I always make exceptions for some people, you think you could help me out on BF? It's just not my stage.

As for Olimar, I always ban Pirate Ship. (I live in Florida, PS is a counterpick here.)
I avoid any low ceiling stages versus him like Brinstar. And FD is out of the question. I'd personally go Rainbow Cruise versus Olimar, or Japes. PS1, too.

Ismael

Smash Ace
I don't do wi-fi as much any more, mainly because I play horribly there. But I always make exceptions for some people, you think you could help me out on BF? It's just not my stage.
I'm not sure how I can "help" you, but I'll use Mario there. It's a good stage. I already added you.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
Wow some corrections need to be made on the OP. You guys do know that falco ***** Mario on Japes right? Mario is terrible on japes, why would you CP that stage against anybody?

Well anyone except Olimar. Olimar is worse on this stage.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Doesn't matter what stage we play on, the Luigi just sucked. o:
Lol.
Lol wifi me please. Better yet, MM me when Apex comes if I don't have ride/mom johns LOL. BF only? XD

If it's bf, it's all about who can keep the most pressure on who, usually if someone is on the platform, they'll be eating alot of dmg unless they GTFO.

As for olimar, don't take him to Norfair (if it's not banned or has edge grab rule or w/e). Tethers benefit him. Japes just utterly **** his recovery.

Mario_ 101

Smash Ace
Wow some corrections need to be made on the OP. You guys do know that falco ***** Mario on Japes right? Mario is terrible on japes, why would you CP that stage against anybody?

Well anyone except Olimar. Olimar is worse on this stage.
luigi too, but X[D>, i meant to put japes in as not to choose. lol. duno how it got in the wrong area. i'll change it nao.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Lol wifi me please. Better yet, MM me when Apex comes if I don't have ride/mom johns LOL. BF only? XD

If it's bf, it's all about who can keep the most pressure on who, usually if someone is on the platform, they'll be eating alot of dmg unless they GTFO.

As for olimar, don't take him to Norfair (if it's not banned or has edge grab rule or w/e). Tethers benefit him. Japes just utterly **** his recovery.
It'd be even harder for me to go to APEX than you, lol. :psycho: I'm in Florida. And really, the Luigi I played sucks. Didn't exactly say he's a bad character. And I can almost guarantee you'd win over wi-fi, lol.

This Luigi made good weegees look bad. All he did was jab and fsmash. When I was at 60%, he just did the first jab, and hoped for a shoryuken. Also, he's the absolute easiest player to gimp. He made bad decisions with the cyclone, most notably, recovering from below. Every time. I went Ness a few times and just daired him every game. It was embarassing to lose on a neutral, that's all I'm saying, lol. He even freaked out whenever I FLUDDed his green missile, since wrecks him.

And I'd go Norfair on Olimar out of personal preference, as opposed to any neutral or FL CP.
And yeah, BO. We all know Japes is Falco's best stage. You get CG'd in the water. That sums up Falco on Japes. Just anything but FD against Olimar.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
It'd be even harder for me to go to APEX than you, lol. :psycho: I'm in Florida. And really, the Luigi I played sucks. Didn't exactly say he's a bad character. And I can almost guarantee you'd win over wi-fi, lol.

This Luigi made good weegees look bad. All he did was jab and fsmash. When I was at 60%, he just did the first jab, and hoped for a shoryuken. Also, he's the absolute easiest player to gimp. He made bad decisions with the cyclone, most notably, recovering from below. Every time. I went Ness a few times and just daired him every game. It was embarassing to lose on a neutral, that's all I'm saying, lol. He even freaked out whenever I FLUDDed his green missile, since wrecks him.

And I'd go Norfair on Olimar out of personal preference, as opposed to any neutral or FL CP.
And yeah, BO. We all know Japes is Falco's best stage. You get CG'd in the water. That sums up Falco on Japes. Just anything but FD against Olimar.
Norfair probably wouldn't be so great either
all the platforms kinda help his tether.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero

Haha I know it's cool tho. Alot of the luigi's are like newbs/scrubs/nubs, it's hard to find a good one just to as a good Mario. Well actually, theres more good mario mains than luigi mainers. ;3.

Another thing on olimar, I find that you shouldn't go to a low ceiling stage because oli's love to hyphen upsmash espically with a purple pikimin.

Ismael

Smash Ace
Haha I know it's cool tho. Alot of the luigi's are like newbs/scrubs/nubs, it's hard to find a good one just to as a good Mario. Well actually, theres more good mario mains than luigi mainers. ;3.

Another thing on olimar, I find that you shouldn't go to a low ceiling stage because oli's love to hyphen upsmash espically with a purple pikimin.
QFT

Corneria is suicide against Olimar.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Any place without a low cieling, except for Norfair.

You don't really need counterpicks for Olimar. Just **** him up.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
If you're playing a good Olimar, yeah. Either outplay without counterpicks, or go somewhere that makes it harder for him.

Japes is probably the best. High ceiling, small room for grabs.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Except for the blue onces, which blue pikmin Bthrow is ridiculously good at killing with.

Mario_ 101

Smash Ace
Not to choose: Pirate ship, Brinstar, Final Destination, Corneria
To choose: Jungle japes, Rainbow Cruise, Pokemon Stadium 1, NORFAIR (for those of you who say norfair is bad vs olimar, trust me, its great vs him. sure its close to impossible to gimp him there, but mario has so many advantages over him anyways on that stage it doesn't really matter)...

@Kirin. O_o i duno. i mean that looks impressive and all but since when has a boozer player done that for an actual match?

Toon Link is next. BTW if any1 feels that something in the OP is incorrect or w/e, at any point in time you can bring it up and we'll c if it needs to be changed.

Mario_ 101

Smash Ace
smashville? eh... i dun think thats a gud stage to cp... reason is most TL's like to camp... so the game becomes a giant campfest rofl on a flat stage like that or FD, like i played vs a toon link in a tourney on FD... lasted over 7 min and was close where the match on BF was more one-sided... battlefield im thinking is gud vs toon link... lylat cruise too...

Ismael

Smash Ace
I don't really fight campy TLs. I just do well when I can cape everything on a single level. But yeah, platforms should help more over all. Toon Link's aireals are a pain, so I like to stay grounded rather than use platforms. Just intelligently cape when needed... imo.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I think banning Battlefield against Bowser would be a good idea, that or you're going to REALLY have to play on your toes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2vltpvHKgc

Gen and I just found this. Sorry it doesn't relate to the current discussion but I think it's pretty important.
Yeah, FD is better against Bowser anyway. I don't think Battlefield sucks against him regardless though. Just FD, you can camp and be gay a lot more. And stuff. And he doesn't have platforms to mix up his recovery so once he's offstage he's easy gimp bait.

Mario_ 101

Smash Ace
I did a bit of snooping around the TL boards recently, and took a look at their stage CP list: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=209912 So i basically combined the info from there and here and put it into this:
Stages to choose vs. Toon Link: Battlefield, Luigi’s Mansion, Lylat Cruise, and Rainbow Cruise.
Stages not to choose: Pirate ship, Jungle Japes, Yoshi’s Island Melee, and Final Destination.

I think I'll bring up other boards' threads on stage CP guides from now on for discussions, seeing as how they can spark up more discussion which would be better overall for the CP guide and its outcome.

This week is Zelda BTW.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
lulz. If we discuss zelda cping, lets refrain from getting biased zeldas in here. I hated last discussion with them.

sniperworm

Smash Ace
As far as what Zelda generally doesn't like...

1) Yoshi's Island
2) Stages that make her finicky recovery more difficult (difficult to sweetspot edges (Lylat Cruise, etc.) or fall through stages (Halberd - the transitioning part, etc.)).
3) Yoshi's Island...
4) Stages with lots of movement (Delfino Plaza and Rainbow Cruise)
5) Yoshi's Island, lol

Zelda generally likes...
1) Luigi's Mansion
2) Stages with abusable platforms (Battlefield - she can Usmash through lower platforms and platforms increase chances of landing her powerful aerials)
3) Stages with close blast zones since her powerful moves will kill even earlier (especially ones with low ceilings (since her dreaded Usmash will kill even better)
4) Stages where opponent's can't camp her to death

lulz. If we discuss zelda cping, lets refrain from getting biased zeldas in here. I hated last discussion with them.
lol, easy there...

Anyway, what does Mario look for in a stage? I'm not too familar with him so I'm not sure what he benefits from.

Matt07

Smash Master
Mario as well hates Yoshi's Island, (well I do, imo I think it's a horrid stage for Mario) Mario likes stages with platforms to make his good aerial game better. We love stages that move (Rainbow Cruise, Delfino) as it gives us more opportunites to gimp more often. We basically look for the same thing in stages excluding the moving stages.

Edit: Mario 101 beat me.

sniperworm

Smash Ace
Sounds like moving stages it is. Zelda's slow, cumbersome recovery already isn't fun to use, so forcing her to keep up with the stage by using UpB is always a plus for you guys (it could even result in some FLUDD kills if you can get ahead of her).

Delfino has the additional problem of a non-solid main platform (so it's dangerous for Zelda to attempt to sweetspot the edge as it's easy to screw up and just fall to your doom). That plus a recovery with long startup means that Zelda can be spiked through water fairly easily if she ever falls in.

It's too bad that you don't do well on Yoshi's Island, it really does tremendous damage to the entirety of Zelda's game. My default suggestion to other characters is to take Zelda to Yoshi's Island.

So I guess my suggestion would be to take Zelda to: Delfino Plaza, Rainbow Cruise, Yoshi's Island (if you can stand it)

Don't take Zelda to: Luigi's Mansion (if it's legal)

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
is Mansion even legal anywhere now D:?

i don't think delfinos bad for Zelda, she doesn't have as much platform abusal as she does on BF, but i think its an ok stage for her.

i do agree in taking her to RC or lol Yoshis though.

maybe Norfair?

KirinBlaze

Smash Lord
NNID
KirinBlaze
Norfair is more or less banned here on the EC, as is Luigi's Mansion in Singles. I'd take her to RC and maybe Yoshi's now since it's apparently bad for her, but I may have such an immense hatred for that stage that I might not in the end.

Not many people use Zelda here though. NEO plays a nasty Shiek and Snakeee has picked up Zelda. Didn't get a chance to watch him at APEX though. D:

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Delfino Plaza and Yoshi's Island also sound pretty good. Frigate maybe?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Frigate. I pwned Connor on Frigate LMAO.

But yeah, FD is good...IMO RC and Frigate hurt Marth more than they hurt you...

Matt07

Smash Master
Wow big bump judge. Be careful you don't bump threads that are a few weeks old, unless the thread creator bumps it.

I don't know if Mario_101 is still interested in this project but it could sure use some more discussion.

Top Bottom