• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any Length Song Title Tool 1.2 [Fixed Download]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
bobson, those spaces of zeros are inside other files stored inside info.pac.
Also, large portions of zeros don't take any space really once compressed.

Liquid Gen

Smash Ace
Whenever I try to run the applications, it shows up for like a split second, and then goes away. I'm pretty sure I'm missing something... =/

Liquid Gen

Smash Ace
I wouldn't happen to have to move the python26.dll, would I?

In fact, all I have done is copy the defaultsongs.db, renamed the copied file "songs.db" and chsnged the titles in them.

Should I also unzip the "library.rar" I have in the ALSTT folder?

Liquid Gen

Smash Ace
I'm running Windows Vista.

I'll try with the unmodified one.

EDIT: It seemed to have worked with the unmodified text, but I didn't see a result. Like, the .exe actually ran but I couldn't find the file it was supposed to create.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
It's still doing the same thing for me too. It worked on an unmodified copy of songs.db, so does that mean that it has to do with one of the edited song titles?

Dantarion

Smash Champion
What are you guys using the edit the file, notepad?
I think I realized the problem.
ALSTT currently works by assuming that files end in a newline, or "\n"
Most windows programs use "\r\n" for a newline.

However, that shouldn't break the program, it should just cause \r to be at the end of every entry...
Hm....
Can you guys take song.db, edit 1 character(Change the first letter to Z or something) resave it, and see if it works? If it doesn't, upload it someplace so I can examine it

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
What are you guys using the edit the file, notepad?
I think I realized the problem.
ALSTT currently works by assuming that files end in a newline, or "\n"
Most windows programs use "\r\n" for a newline.

However, that shouldn't break the program, it should just cause \r to be at the end of every entry...
Hm....
Can you guys take song.db, edit 1 character(Change the first letter to Z or something) resave it, and see if it works? If it doesn't, upload it someplace so I can examine it
I was using Notepad. I just opened it in Word to test it since you mentioned it and I realized that it showed all the songs on separate lines. Notepad showed them all scrunched together with no spaces (I knew it looked odd...). And I noticed that all of the songs that I edited are pressed together with the songs before/after them on one line. That must be why it wasn't working. I'll re-edit everything in Word and see if it works, which I'm guessing it will.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
I wouldn't use HXD to edit songs.db.
I used notepad++, and I recomend using that until I write an app to edit the file a more legit way.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I was using a hex editor to edit info.pac before this program came out, but my file got too big after compression and I couldn't load it with the SD loader anymore.

I can see now that Notepad sucks for this, but I didn't realize what it was doing wrong until I already figured out how to fix it. I edited songs.db in Word and the exe converted it with no problems.

FSLink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FSLink
I wouldn't use HXD to edit songs.db.
I used notepad++, and I recomend using that until I write an app to edit the file a more legit way.
Dittoing this suggestion. Using Notepad++ for quite a long time and never looked back, and the app works for me.
People using Vista: Obvious question, but try running as administrator/disabling UAC temporarily if you haven't already? I'm using Windows 7, and I haven't had an issue with the program closing on me...

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
I run the program and get the error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "ALSTT.py", line 42, in <module>
IndexError: list index is out of range

Any idea what that's doing?

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I finally put the file on my SD card, but it freezes the game at the beginning of a match when the song title is supposed to show up =/

Dantarion

Smash Champion
The v.1.1 .zip is corrupt. I cannot open the file.
Everyone else got the file from that link

I finally put the file on my SD card, but it freezes the game at the beginning of a match when the song title is supposed to show up =/
Hm...upload your song.db someplace, I have NEVER gotten a freeze on match start, maybe one of your song titles has something in it the game doesn't like?
I run the program and get the error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "ALSTT.py", line 42, in <module>
IndexError: list index is out of range

Any idea what that's doing?
Did you accidently remove a line in songs.db?
What did you use to edit the file?
Upload your songs.db please.

Lucina Clash

Smash Apprentice
Everyone else got the file from that link.
That is strange, because each time I save and load the zip, it says, "The Compressed (zipped) folder is invalid or corrupted."

I am running Windows XP at the moment. Does this make a difference?

Dantarion

Smash Champion
LOL I'm dumb, its actually a RAR archive, I'm gonna fix it
EDIT
1.2 Release. Fixed download, sorry for doubting you "Corrupt ZIP" people, you were actually right!

Dantarion

Smash Champion
If you are talking about the file that contains the my music stuffs, its
.../menu2/mu_menumain.pac
But the file isn't actually replaced by the File Replacement code as of right now.

DeadX

Smash Journeyman
If you are talking about the file that contains the my music stuffs, its
.../menu2/mu_menumain.pac
But the file isn't actually replaced by the File Replacement code as of right now.
ok thanks.
also, ALSTT is lying to me. it says there is no songs.db, but i just edited it. at first it was named song.db, but then i changed it and ran the .exe multiple times but it didn't work.

DeadX

Smash Journeyman
I honestly don't know what youre doing to break it.
Are you sure it has the right filename?
Not songs.db.txt but songs.db
ya, it's "songs.db"
all the stuff is in one folder. i edited songs.db, saved, but ALSTT just doesn't recognize songs.db. (last dot was a period)
EDIT: tool still not working, but i found something interesting: when i saved songs.db, it came up as songs,db. same thing with defaultsongs,db. so i used songs,db. ALSTT couldn't find it. i used songs.db. ALSTT STILL couldn't find it. just thought it was interesting.

DeadX

Smash Journeyman
ya. i had my file titled songs.db
silly me!
i titled it songs with no add on and it worked fine.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
No, youre wrong.

Code:
# Read in Custom Song Titles
with open('songs.db','rb') as sdb :
    songdb = sdb.readlines()
Your file has to be named songs.db, you probably had the file named 'songs.db.db'

grim mouser

Smash Journeyman
Can't find the Wi-Fi Waiting Room in this... Is it possible to change the song name?

Edit- Never mind... I was looking for "Wi-Fi Waiting Room." It's called "Online Practice Stage."

shadowofchaos725

Smash Apprentice
LOL... This just made my "Titles via codes" useless... XD

Well, I'll still work on it... Meh... XD

Eggman

Smash Apprentice
Hey, probably a really n00bish question, but here it goes...

Alright, so I changed song names in songs.db, used the executable, got the asltt_out file and renamed it to info, put it in the right directory (I checked like 5 or 6 times), and booted using Gecko. The game works and loads, but as soon as the "Now Loading" screen with the spinning Smash Ball goes away, the game hangs on a black screen. Any ideas?

Eggman

Smash Apprentice
Fixed it. I guess I extracted it wrong or something, because the executable wasn't producing an info.pac, so I assumed it was the alstt_out file. Just redownloaded it and it works great! Sorry for such a stupid problem...

But honestly, this thing is amazing! I've been doing custom songs since they started and I started messing with titles, but I was never satisfied with how the titles had to be shorter/equal in length. Thanks SO much for this awesome program!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom