• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any Length Song Title Tool 1.2 [Fixed Download]

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Windows line endings ****ed it up.
What did you use to edit the file?
I am gonna fix it so that files like this one work in 1.3, but try using notepad++ to edit the file.
Ah crap >_< I thought using Word would fix it since regular Notepad screwed it up too... Alright, I'll use Notepad++ for it.

Edit: It worked great. If only I had known about Notepad++ before this, I could have saved myself some trouble... But regardless, thanks for this helpful program, and also thanks for being nice about helping me with those stupid Windows problems.

moosehunter

Smash Ace
Is there anyway we can have it without it editing the text? I use ISO hacking and larger files work fine for me, so I would gladly appreciate something where the text isn't deleted personally.

Or if you could tell me how to manually do this, that'd also be amazing.
It's simply a matter of changing the 3 bytes that indicate a file's size in the archive

Dantarion

Smash Champion
NOPE.
illinialex24 doesn't know how to rebuild the end of the info.pac file where the song titles are stored.
Also, I caught some text that definetly needs to be in the info.pac for taking screenshots, aka, the ONLY place I have seen the replaced text.

Youre worrying about text that doesn't even appear onscreen. The text in info.pac is repeated in every info_*.pac,

moosehunter

Smash Ace
NOPE.
illinialex24 doesn't know how to rebuild the end of the info.pac file where the song titles are stored.
Also, I caught some text that definetly needs to be in the info.pac for taking screenshots, aka, the ONLY place I have seen the replaced text.

Youre worrying about text that doesn't even appear onscreen. The text in info.pac is repeated in every info_*.pac,
If you want to have longer song names without replacing other text you're going to have to rewrite the offset table and then expand the pac archive

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
I want to replace the Battlefield music on Battlefield (also called How to Play) but i cant find it in the notepad file

also can i have hyphens (-) in the custom titles?

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
I want to replace the Battlefield music on Battlefield (also called How to Play) but i cant find it in the notepad file

also can i have hyphens (-) in the custom titles?
I'd like to know this as well.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
You can have hyphens.

One way to check to see if you can have a specific character is to search defaultsongs.db and see if its in the game already.
If not, its kinda a trial and error thing.

And what do you mean the "Battlefield Music on Battlefield"

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Battlefield
Battlefield Ver. 2
Menu (Super Smash Bros. Melee)
Battlefield (Melee)
Multi-man Melee 1 (Melee)

If you think you're looking for a song but you can't find it, you're probably referencing one of those inaccurate lists with all the unofficial song names. When I was originally replacing my custom music on my SD card, it took me forever to figure out the file names (_##) for the Step: Subspace songs because so many people made up their own names for them.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Exactly.
I had to redo the song database that came with my custom music app because, after ripping the exact titles out of the game, they didn't match.

Elwood

Smash Journeyman
So, at the step where I have to click on the exe, it fails to start, claiming its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. It does this even when I use the default songs list as songs.db, so I don't think the problem is with the altered songs list. Any light you can shed on this?

Edit: Using Vista, if it matters.

Elwood

Smash Journeyman
Neither of those worked, but after doing some research on the problem, it seems like it might be a problem on my end anyway. I'll keep at it.

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
Ok my wii freezes at a black screen right after the "now loading....." part when I start up brawl. I may have some funky symbols but I didn't remember any of my songs having any. I'll go redo my songs.db...

Edit:

Ok this time I only changed one song name, and it was the same length as the previous song. I still get the black screen freeze.

Edit2:

To make sure I didn't just brick my wii, I deleted the info2 folder or whatever it was called under pf and reloaded brawl (through latest version of gecko everytime) and I have no problems, so I have no idea why this isn't working.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Exactly.
I had to redo the song database that came with my custom music app because, after ripping the exact titles out of the game, they didn't match.
yeah, i knew that a lot of them were inacurrate. sry!

and the How To Play music is playing in the option: How To Play. I put it in the Other Sound Effects thing.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Ok my wii freezes at a black screen right after the "now loading....." part when I start up brawl.

When that happens, its due to the info.pac being so messed up that the game fails to parse the entire file.
I have no clue what you did, but I am guessing you edited songs.db by hand with some program that messed up the line endings.

Either use my GUI app for adding songs to the SD to generate your song.db, or use a text editor that leaves in the correct line endings, like Notepad++, or wait for 1.3 of an app I haven't touched in a while :p

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
I first used your GUI app and that didn't work. Then I used notepad and I swapped out only 3 characters for 3 different characters just to test to see if it would work and I got the same result. Oh well I'll just wait.

Pikawil

Smash Cadet
OK, this is irking me. No matter how I do it, it always locks up after the initial loading screen. I did editing with Notepad++, didn't work. Exporting straight from BCSM-GUI, ditto.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
It looks good to me. Make sure you are using File Replacement Code 3.5.1, otherwise, any attempt to replace info.pac will freeze your game.

Pikawil

Smash Cadet
...I am arleady using that code.

Though I forgot to mention, I set Japanese non-Unicode settings on my compy so as to facilite playing doujin games and stuff. I wonder if that, by any chance, could inadvertly mess up attempts at making an info.pac file?

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
Define "didn't work".

ALSTT works. My BCSM-GUI works.
You did something wrong to make them not work.
Please forgive me for not being clear.

I'm sorry when I said didn't work I was referring to my previous problem when my wii froze immediately after the loading part. I'm just saying that when I used the songs.db generated from the BCSM-GUI (I'm using v3.5) for creating the info.pac caused my problem. The program works fine otherwise (I've hacked tons of songs already), I've tried it several times (trying to use the ALSTT) but I could just be dumb lol.

Thanks for the help.

Pikawil

Smash Cadet
...my suspicions were right after all. This ought to be fixed for next release, I don't wanna restart my PC twice just to generate a file.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Where does restarting your PC come into this?

Also, compare the song.db generated by the GUI compared to your hand edited one.
There has to be some kind of difference that is causing the problem.

Pikawil

Smash Cadet
Where does restarting your PC come into this?

Also, compare the song.db generated by the GUI compared to your hand edited one.
There has to be some kind of difference that is causing the problem.
Never mind, I fixed my case myself. And turns out it was a coincidence.

(In case you were wondering, the restarting bit came from having to change non-Unicode settings.)

RoyMaster4

Smash Apprentice
How exactly do you lengthen the title? I opened the file in notepad, and there are no breaks.
For my example, I want to replace 'Norfair' with 'Melty Molten Galaxy'. If I simply remove Norfair and type that in, I doubt it would recognize it correctly, and would put most of it into the next title (Which is the Theme of Samus).

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
"The application has failed to start because its side by side configuration is incorrect."

Any idea what this means?

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
How exactly do you lengthen the title? I opened the file in notepad, and there are no breaks.
For my example, I want to replace 'Norfair' with 'Melty Molten Galaxy'. If I simply remove Norfair and type that in, I doubt it would recognize it correctly, and would put most of it into the next title (Which is the Theme of Samus).
Notepad kills the .db files (so does MS Word). You need to use Notepad++, otherwise the line breaks won't display correctly.

RoyMaster4

Smash Apprentice
Notepad kills the .db files (so does MS Word). You need to use Notepad++, otherwise the line breaks won't display correctly.
Thanks! That worked!

Will there be a menu version of this soon? I know it doesn't work on the SD loader yet, but it would be nice for when it does...

Dantarion

Smash Champion
A GUI version of this will come soon.
Actually, more like, this will be integrated into my other app.

Also, RoyMaster, info.pac DOES work with the SD loader now, thats the reason I made this.

Also, I have been away because I was busy moving. In the meantime, I have turned my laptop into a win7 dev machine, so now I can test on win7 and xp.

Now, to begin on my secret project :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom