• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

= Apex 2012 Official Melee Videos Thread! =

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
If the uploaders can't tell who played what, can they just upload footage in bulk and let players figure out when their pools matches were? I don't think it'd be that difficult to figure out approximately when pools happen with striking and such

Legend4ryFlower

Smash Cadet
I personally think PP underestimated javi and got shook, a fair loss; he had like the sniffles or something, but nothing john worthy like genesis2, and believe me he wasnt playing "like crap" by any means. So lol at trahh: he placed out of top 5 once (genesis 2) since like pound4, and even then he still got 7th. I don't think he's inconsistent by anyone's standard other than Kevin's.

:phone:
pp just improved so much and now he isnt improving relative to the other top players

just watching his match vs javi.. he looked like he lost confidence. he wasnt playing vs a fox, he was playing vs a person that was beating him/ and that made him miss some kills and punishes.

momentum is everything in this game. i still think pp is going to become the worlds best player, he just needs to figure some things out about his own play, and figure out why he just seems to forget where he is in the middle of a match.

should have just played falco every set of the tourney imo

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
These sets were recorded on TV 9, the "main" setup besides the livestream:

Lovage vs DruggedFox
KoreanDJ vs StricNYN3
Wobbles vs Darc
Hungrybox vs Eggz
Leffen vs Teczero
KirbyKaze vs DaShizWiz
DaShizWiz vs Sol
Ice vs HBK
S2J vs WestBallz
Lovage vs Chillin
Javi vs KoreanDJ
Hax vs Jman
SFAT vs DaShizWiz
SFAT vs Hax
Armada vs Shroomed
Hax vs MacD
S2J/Lovage vs Hax/Jman
DJ/Alukard vs Hax/Jman
PP/LoZR vs Hax/Jman
Mango/G$ vs PP/LoZR
Plup/Hungrybox vs PP/LoZR
Mew2King/Armada vs Plup/Hungrybox

There were 5 other recording setups, each with singles bracket matches being sent to them constantly, so I'm pretty sure we got at least a third of the bracket recorded, like mentioned before.

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
If the uploaders can't tell who played what, can they just upload footage in bulk and let players figure out when their pools matches were? I don't think it'd be that difficult to figure out approximately when pools happen with striking and such
I will do this when i get a chance and post them in here so ppl can self-identify.

wow lol. losers round 3 was soooo greezy

Bladewise vs Silent Wolf - same region
Teczero vs Darc - same region?? idk lol
S2J vs WestBallz - same region
IB vs Unknown522 - same region
Jman vs Hax - same region/teams partners
Eggm vs DaShizWiz - teams partners. not that gay but yea

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
it's inevitable that will happen.

Lesson learned from Apex: Just don't lose

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
hmm, not inevitable but more like unpredictable. I don't think tio has a priority checker iiirc. the pools and brackets are impossible to foresee that ahead. but i agree with SWolf, that's kinda whack for a national.

btw, we should have had the last 3-4 rounds as BO5. javi vs dr pp was overhyped for a BO3.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
I will do this when i get a chance and post them in here so ppl can self-identify.
Yeah dude, huge video files are the worst. Good luck :\

I know Ripple and Eclipsing Binary at least have separate matches for each set, because we took care of their setups and split the recordings while they were busy. My vids are good, and Juggleguy obviously has it under control. So what did get recorded should mostly be alright...

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
btw, we should have had the last 3-4 rounds as BO5. javi vs dr pp was overhyped for a BO3.
It should've been bo5. PP had just played a bo5 in winners before this, and it shouldn't be possible to go back a step. Maybe it was a weird Apex-rule, but it still shouldn't happen.

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
It should've been bo5. PP had just played a bo5 in winners before this, and it shouldn't be possible to go back a step. Maybe it was a weird Apex-rule, but it still shouldn't happen.
QFT. PP going from Bo5 to Bo3 makes no sense. especially a spacies match that is*blink blink blink blink* then it's over

Chroma

Smash Apprentice
just watched winners finals... was I watching the same set that the people that claimed mango sucked did? He was doing absurd things, but Armada was absolutely brutal. Extremely close games as a whole, and Armada definitely deserved the W, but it didn't look anything like a complete beating.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Hey everyone,

If you recorded any Melee tournament sets, please follow these guidelines.

* Split videos by SETS, not by games, and delete any unnecessary footage between games if you can. If it's over 15 mins and your YouTube channel can't handle those long uploads, or if you only have uneditable camera footage, then that's understandable. Do what you can.

* Labeling might seem like a trivial detail, but Alex Strife wants media for Apex to be as professional as possible, including YouTube videos. Tournament videos without this EXACT labeling format won't be accepted for publication in the original post.

YouTube Title Format:
Apex 2012 - Player (Character) vs Player (Character) [Bracket Position]

Example:
Apex 2012 - KoreanDJ (Sheik) vs Shroomed (Doc) WB3

WB3 in this case refers to Winners Bracket 3rd Rd. LB7 would refer to Losers Bracket 7th Rd, etc.

YouTube Description Format:

Apex 2012
Day #: January #th
New Brunswick, NJ
[Bracket Position]
Results: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=316696
Videos: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=316467

Example:
Apex 2012
Day 3: January 8th
New Brunswick, NJ
Losers Bracket 7th Rd
Results: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=316696
Videos: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=316467

Then post clearly what the match is. Hopefully this makes thread editing/organization much easier for me. Thanks!

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
^^^ Dang, some of my camera vids definitely didn't fulfill those requirements :urg:

I don't really have the editting tools either =\ I'll just link you with what I got and let you decide if you want to publish them =p

Ocho(*8*)

Smash Ace
the ones getting uploaded to apextournament, the main youtube, arent even in that exact format. just sayin..

john!

Smash Hero
yeah those are some pretty strict requirements.

maybe people could upload them match by match and then put them in a youtube playlist. then you could simply link the playlist.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Juggleguy, I ran a 54 man tournament in my hotel room on Saturday. Would you mind adding that in to the first post here? We had players like shroomed, hbox, kirbykaze, lovage, silent wolf, darrel, irish mafia, kevinm, zoso, unknown, and hugs participate and be recorded.
Results have been posted, and some matches have begun to be uploaded.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=316734

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
hyped to see my recorded friendlies with armada

shoutouts to eclipsing binary that man deserves so much praise <333
I'm guessing it's because you don't choke so hard >.>

But anyways I found some matches. All of KDJ's winners bracket matches(albeit him vs Shroomed is a bit more shakycam than the other shakycam matches)

KDJ vs Linguini: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-zg6PgSheY

KDJ vs Stric9: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDBkPz-G6vw

KDJ vs Shroomed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOUquwv_VQM

Big Pookie

Smash Apprentice
In Winners 4th round the link for Duck/Teczero vs Eggz/Silent Wolf is wrong, it sends you to Duck/Teczero vs M2K/Armada

:phone:

S l o X

Smash Champion
somebody recorded games 2 and 3 of my set with Kage's falcon (my fox/falco) on day 3. pm me who you are / if you'll upload it.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Jaxel aka 8wayrun just got done making fun of the smash community for 45 minutes on his livestream in front of 1000 people.

He made fun of everything from our coaching, to smash game kiddiness. Why did he stream our biggest tournament ever? Why was he chosen over the competent Melee streamers that volunteered?? Because Alex Strife said so I guess.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I'll have to wait until the VOD comes out, but he is still streaming now. He might start up again.

Thino

Smash Master
Jaxel aka 8wayrun just got done making fun of the smash community for 45 minutes on his livestream in front of 1000 people.

He made fun of everything from our coaching, to smash game kiddiness. Why did he stream our biggest tournament ever? Why was he chosen over the competent Melee streamers that volunteered?? Because Alex Strife said so I guess.
thats interesting, I want to read that, even if at this point it doesnt really matter anymore

Jaxel

Behind the Curtain...
Premium

Umm no... You're full of ****, stop making crap up because you're butt hurt for not being picked to stream Apex. Your stream sucks, you're an idiot and you're a poor excuse for a human being for not mentioning Apex at all during your Apex Qualifier event because you were so salty. Apex was an excellent event on the Smash side, which is one of my major points about my rant. However, I do say that the Smash community is very insular, and thats why the Smash community will remain secluded from the FGC. This is not me "making fun"; this is me stating a fact. Stop being a "keyboard warrior" and commenting on how "poorly" an event was run, that you didn't even attend.

http://www.twitch.tv/8wayrun/b/305125182
My talk starts at 17:30 in the above video and I stand by everything I said. I would be more than happy to stream another Smash event... but I will never run one.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I just don't understand why friendlies (or casuals) are SUCH a bad thing. Is it a surprise that we need to stay warmed up throughout the tournament, and like playing other people that we don't meet in tournament? Surely other fighters understand the need to stay warmed up, as well as the desire to play against as many people as possible?

Top Bottom