• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2013 Smash 64 January 11-13th, 2013 Singles Bracket is now up

LLDL

Smash Hero
Reminder for anyone entering this tournament. There will be several controllers that hamburglar and I will be willing to lend out during the tournament.

Hamburglar has a box full of standard N64 controllers and also a couple of Hori Mini Pads.

Meanwhile, I will most likely have one (1) spare Gamecube to N64 adapter to be lent out during the tournament. (1st come first serve)

Lastly, I have an N64 Arcade Shark Fight Stick

Would probably be most useful for keyboard players who suck with the normal controller, if you can manage to get used to it in a few hours before the bracket actually starts.

You'll be asked to leave collateral with me or him (car keys, ID, Smart phone) in order to borrow a controller. That being said, hopefully everyone can find something that suits them! ^_^

LLDL

Smash Hero
Also, I'm bringing 5 tvs of my own and 2 N64's possibly just for 64. We get to use them for the whole tourney and will be switched to Melee day 2, since there will only be top 4 left

Doomolish

Smash Journeyman
Yo I thought mexico was showing up? Tell 'em to get their rears in gear

dexter or whoever
We'll send JaimeHR, lol.

I guess Dext3r it's not showing up, but Idk why.
Meanwhile, I will most likely have one (1) spare Gamecube to N64 adapter to be lent out during the tournament. (1st come first serve)

Where did you got this? :o
im pretty sure most of the non-fake 64 players will have controllers of their own, but good lookin out
True.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Make sure to remove the springs from your gamecube controller, otherwise the adapter will read incomplete button presses as taunt.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Make sure to remove the springs from your gamecube controller, otherwise the adapter will read incomplete button presses as taunt.
Oh

I have a gc controller, I''llc heck whether I can play it like that anyway. Would rather not mess with my GC controller that came out the day before the GC came out in the US.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
ok I need the following people to meet me on skype this week ( tomorrow or after Xmas)

ballin4life
Rumby
BattleCow
Han Solo

I need to talk to you all regarding Smash 64 commentary.

please PM me your skype names

asianaussie

Smash Hero
ballin + bcow would be cool

idk who rumby is and from what i know of han solo he would either constantly be asking why shines aren't being used or making episode 5 references

The Star King

Smash Hero
I have yet to hear excellent commentary from anyone

Please nobody get offended by this

Not saying you guys are bad

But I haven't heard that upper echelon of commentary for Smash 64 (except HAMMERHEART... I so funny)

Not saying I could do better

Maybe Battlecow will impress me

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I agree. Haven't really heard any great ssb64 commentary before.

Whoever it is has to be fairly serious/informative. Your audience is going to be 99% melee/brawl players who don't really understand competitive ssb64.

You can't just be sitting there cracking jokes and stuff.

Don't disappoint me, I'll be watching the stream.

I feel like Nintendude or Chain-ace would be good commentators since they play multiple smash games competitively. In other words, they know how commentary works for melee and can probably connect to the audience commentary wise.

EDIT: So I guess my vote goes to Nintendude and Chain-ace.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Well, it doesn't have to be serious. I'm the guy who never wants anything to be too serious, I guess. It can be funny and stuff so long as the informative part remains, in my opinion. Humor can be the icing but information should be the cake.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
it is not just about what you know it is about how you sound. Those are the only 4 that had commentary to me so I am willing to work with them. Nitnendude and Chain-ace will also be helping/have a say .

asianaussie

Smash Hero
im not entirely sure there are amazing commentators who are also quite good at 64

you would want one good commentator (who is also well-versed in smash) and then one person who can talk about 64 in general, just spreading the word about the game and providing insight into matches and decisions

i personally would be fine with anyone who knows the game well enough, but then again, i already know a tiny bit about this game so im clearly not the audience we should be appealing to

The Star King

Smash Hero
you would want one good commentator (who is also well-versed in smash) and then one person who can talk about 64 in general, just spreading the word about the game and providing insight into matches and decisions
I don't understand the distinction between the two you're making here.

I could see myself being a beast commentator... for myself, in the comfort of my mom's basement :yeahboi: maybe I should try self-commentating (while playing at the same time) some kaillera matches for fun lol

Battlecow

Play to Win
star king did you see my commentary vid

hard to imagine anyone being unimpressed by that

I'm pretty much god

JK

yo alex I might have to meet you on skype later this week, I'm on the road right now and hotel internet is kinda ****

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
star king did you see my commentary vid

hard to imagine anyone being unimpressed by that

I'm pretty much god

JK

yo alex I might have to meet you on skype later this week, I'm on the road right now and hotel internet is kinda ****
your commentary is quite god

I would personally say some mix of you, Nintendude, and Sensei

Battlecow

Play to Win
I understand competitive melee

I've been to tournaments and stuff

and I post in melee discussion way too much

and watch more melee videos than 99% of melee players

killa k

Smash Ace
So, after reading all those top 8 predictions I must say that if I make top 8, best believe I will be hype as ****. Also aiming for top 4.

-Shade

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I know you understand competitive melee battlecattle. You're not very involved with the actual playing part though lol.

I think the melee players would just feel more in touch with the commentary if they were hearing it from recognizable names within the melee community. Nintendude, Sensei, and Chain-ace are/were solid melee players which, no offense, gives them more credit with the competitive melee crowd.

That's just the way I see it. Not saying it's right or wrong.

Oh and Shade why would we support one of the steamchat ssb64 trolls for top 8? I know you were one of the least trolly but still... =E

killa k

Smash Ace
Oh and Shade why would we support one of the steamchat ssb64 trolls for top 8? I know you were one of the least trolly but still... =E
Eh, was barely a part of that, but I get it. Still aiming ;). As for commentary, I would say Sensei, and Nintendude. Haven't heard battlecow, but will check him out since I hear he's good.

Han Solo

Banned via Warnings
I'm going to withdraw from commentary. Battlecow was a lot better than me, and he knows things about characters that aren't Fox, Falcon, and Pikachu.

Also, it's going to be hard commentating top 4 when I'm going to be playing in those matches.

Yobolight

Smash Lord
Im telling you guys Ballin4life/Bcow and some Melee playing black dude = Perfect commentary.

Top Bottom