• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2014 - January 17-19, 2014 - Somerset, NJ

Yobolight

Smash Lord
Yobolight and I have a Money Match with the following conditions.

$100.
Apex 2014 rules (Hyrule banned).
I can't use Falcon.
3 out of 5.

So.....yeah I changed my mind. It will be a 20$ MM.

100$ is really too much for me to afford to lose and I was kind of being an idiot throwing that number out there.

I know changing the amount like this after we agreed doesn't make me look good, but w/e.

Make no mistake though I still intend to win.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
if yobo walks away with a c note i'm never talking to solo again

edit: yoboninja'd

statement stands regardless of monetary amount

The Star King

Smash Hero
I'll MM most people with my keyboard Puff vs Luigis

Since it's SO BAD even mediocre players should be able to beat me right?

clubbadubba

Smash Master
If the past is any indication the 64 tournament will likely begin on Friday and end on Saturday

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Someone in that thread talking about japan:

"Their region is meh. Only have kikoushi but he's a kirby"

Oh lord

mixa

Banned via Warnings

Oh lord
it's funny 'cause moyashi has a better record both all-around wise and vs-kikoushi wise

not counting apex 13 ofc

Melee Discussion who rarely if ever plays 64 but thinks he knows what he's talking about because he watched some video
it's worse than that, because they see Melee as the technological cosmopolian cool dude and 64 as the caveman, so pretty much everyone thinks if they know Melee they know 64.
I've seen ~respectable PM/Melee dudes just come here and say "this is how the game works!" when it's all wrong.

The Star King

Smash Hero

Oh lord
"MrArtless" seems like the typical noob from Melee Discussion who rarely if ever plays 64 but thinks he knows what he's talking about because he watched some videos

Yobolight

Smash Lord
I hate the argument from stage variety with a passion.

Also Japan is amazing.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
Some Apex TO said it best a few years ago:

"Apex isn't even a Smash tournament"

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
I mean don't get me wrong, I don't expect a game like this with lesser entrants than the other games to get exactly equal attention as the other games. But at least during last year's evo when the SSF2T tournament of legends was held, they did the top 8 on saturday night when everyone was paying attention and it was the hypest **** ever. Doing the top 8 for that at 10 in the morning would have been the most disrespect towards that game.

Sedda

Smash Champion
I mean don't get me wrong, I don't expect a game like this with lesser entrants than the other games to get exactly equal attention as the other games. But at least during last year's evo when the SSF2T tournament of legends was held, they did the top 8 on saturday night when everyone was paying attention and it was the hypest **** ever. Doing the top 8 for that at 10 in the morning would have been the most disrespect towards that game.
Well now that you're done fighting the Hyrule fight you should fight the saturday night fight

Top Bottom