• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arcana Heart 3: No Place Like Homing (Update on 1st page, post PSN tags)

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
Discuss Arcana Heart 3 here in this thread! Post your PSN tag here and I'll update top post so we have a Smash AH3 community online. Holla!

This game is now DLC on PSN, $30. I encourage those interested in 2D fighters in general to check it out. Its highly technical, and has alot of movement options. From my time with the import, I have found my smash skills in spacing, comboing, and movement techskill very helpful in initiating into this game.

Yes it might be considered a "traditional" 2D fighter, but like melee or to some extent brawl, it has many unique elements that street fighter players may find uncomfortable but make a great game none the less. Most notably unique is the "homing" button. In addition to double jump and air dash, this button allows you to "home" in on your opponent, flying towards them with the ability to attack or block at any time. This button also allows you to cancel move animations mid combo to reset and continue the combo or pressure. Finally the button allows you to escape blockstrings by backdashing out of guardstun.

game community forums can be found at: http://homingcancel.com/index.php
wiki complete with system explanations and combo notation can be found here: http://arcana.mizuumi.net/wiki/Main_Page
visual guide to characters and their moves can be found here: http://arcana.mizuumi.net/canon/Top/top.html

PSN Tags:
SolidusSpriggan (Midwest)
Yars_Revengerson (East)
RMG8S (Gates)

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Arcana Heart is my favorite fighting game so I'm definitely going to vote.

I just love how so many idiots look at the pictures (not vids) and then say that the game is trash because of its moe look.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
No, I mean a proper console release with a physical copy of the game.

It's advertised on Play Asia, but they don't have a release date, so they're not taking pre-orders yet.

Or so they say.

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
It is a proper console release, the disc release is Japan only, my friends have a copy. There is no physical release planned stateside to my knowledge, it will be DLC.

I doubt we will see Aksys and Atlus releasing as many discs now that downloads are available, localizing japanesey games is becoming increasingly risky.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Possibly, but I don't see why Play Asia would be advertising that they will be taking future pre-orders for DLC content. Either way, the game is coming out in North America.

And I know, I already have a Japanese copy of the game. :3c

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
Links? I never saw that on play asia and it says nothing of it on Aksys site. I'd buy the disc for sure.
I'm hoping to see alot of smashers in this scene.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
So this game comes out today?

I don't have the money now but I'll keep an eye on it. It doesn't look like it will be as disappointing as Capcom's fighters have been.

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
This game is now out on PSN, available for download for $30. Its about 2.5 gigs.

If it doesn't show up in the store new releases screen yet, you can search for Arcana Heart and it will show up. Get it!

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I've never been a huge on AH games, but I really want to give AH3 a shot.
I just need 30 dollars first. :ohwell:

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
Its faster than blazblue, but has alot of similar mechanics such as a rapid cancel type move, a burst, air dashes, double jumps, etc. Overall I'd say it feels somewhere between Blazblue and Melty Blood (that being very good). There is also a great diversity of characters, and no **** BANG TIER, because arcana's help even things out, so you can play whoever you want as long as you can get their timing down.

It also has a few game specific techniques surrounding the homing button, a button that causes you to fly at your opponent. You can cancel many moves with the homing button (at the cost of 1 special bar), you can cancel directionally to extend combos in different directions.

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
Enjoying the **** out of this game right now. Half our melee crew is playing and alot of people came out of the woodwork. I'm going to run AH3 side tourneys at Oklahoma smash monthlies.

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
If everyone actually posted their PSN tags we could get a smash AH online community going. I'll update the list at the top of the thread. I'm SolidusSpriggan

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
The netcode is done by Arc System Works so if you've had experience with BlazBlue online you should have an idea. I think its pretty good if you find regional players, and you can seek out low latency rooms, getting too far out of your region is never good, but on the East Coast you should find plenty.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☯ I really want to play this game since I'm played the first and second Arcana Heart, hopefully the 360 disk version come's to the US since the download limit for 360 games is 2 GB. ._.

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
surprising scene developing around this game. We got everyone in our melee scene playing except for that noob Zinth, our premier Marthe player who is super good at ****** people with swords. He should join in!

I thought it'd be like me and 3 friends. But its like 15 people, woah, I think people have been disappointed with alot of fighters as of late so this is a breath of fresh air.

Top Bottom