• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arcana Heart 3: No Place Like Homing (Update on 1st page, post PSN tags)

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
My friend who plays Yoriko told me there isn't a safe setup for the pentagram, so if that's true then...

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Hmm, I guess I'll stick with triangles then. I'll have to mess around with it some more.

But I just got my CS2, so AH3 is probably gonna take the backseat for a while.

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
What's this about drawing Pentagrams?
yoriko's gimmick is that she can power up by either drawing triangles (for a shorter power up) or pentagrams (for a longer power up) with the arcade stick.

as for time it's good, is usually see it for rush down characters though (like weiss or akane). i don't see to many zoning characters like petra or maori use time.

Shugotenshi

Smash Cadet
My friend who plays Yoriko told me there isn't a safe setup for the pentagram, so if that's true then...
If that's true, then all the players Yoriko fights in the Yoriko Video Thread on HC must suck to never punish it lolz I hate the pushback effect her powerup has

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
I heard that Europe is getting this game in disc form. I might just wait and import that version.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
If there is a safe setup for the pentagram I'd like to see it and test it out. Perhaps it depends on your opponent's character and/or arcana.

Unless you both were referring to the super version which gives you both a time freeze and a barrier to give you time to do the motion.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Well, I was referring to this one:

2A > 2B > 3B > 2C > 3C > 6C > EFC > 6C > Ancient Talisman

or

2A > 2B > 6A > 6B > 3B > 2C > 3C > 6C > Ancient Talisman.

I haven't really messed around with it much though, I've been playing CS2 lately.

Yamada

Smash Apprentice
May 31st is when everything should be up, so I'm guessing thats when PSN Store is going to open again.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
It could be up before then, but everything is supposed to be back in place on or before the 31st.

I tried Akane yesterday. Why is she so fun? ;-;

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
bought my PSN points for this the exact day PSN went down so I have to wait till it gets back up in order to buy this =[
but once I do, my PSN tag is disasterABDUL

who would you guys say is a good character to work on as far as starting out?
I've been really interested in Konoha and Saki, also played a bit of Weiss and might learn some things with her

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Pretty much any character imo. Pick whoever you like the most.

Though if you want to get used to the game mechanics and whatnot without piling on character-specific stuff, I would recommend Weiss, Heart, or Saki.

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
who would you guys say is a good character to work on as far as starting out? I've been really interested in Konoha and Saki, also played a bit of Weiss and might learn some things with her
as far as the characters you listed, saki and weiss are fairly easy to learn (saki more so than weiss). konoha is mostly about mixups and trickery to keep her opponent fooled. honestly though just pick a character that appeals to you and stick with her, ah3 is so balanced you can take any character to a high level.

on that note if anyone wants to play against my bad elsa or my even badder kira hit me up on psn. ZMangz505 is my psn tag.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
and her cape

everytime i see akane i go :3c

then go back to my biribiri

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
Pretty much any character imo. Pick whoever you like the most.

Though if you want to get used to the game mechanics and whatnot without piling on character-specific stuff, I would recommend Weiss, Heart, or Saki.
I thought the same thing, Heart and Saki seem to be the best characters to start with, sort of the Ryu and Ken of the series.

honestly though just pick a character that appeals to you and stick with her, ah3 is so balanced you can take any character to a high level.
I really like that about the game. even the arcana seem pretty balanced as well. My first approach towards picking a character was which one seemed the cutest or coolest >_>

I heard that PSN is giving away 2 free downloads once it gets back(which is supposedly tomorrow), but the downloads are apparently going to be specified by sony
is this true?

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Heart and Saki are definitely good starters. Likewise, Weiss, Elsa, and Akane. They're all straight-forward, and they're pretty balanced, in terms of offense and defense.

PSN is giving away two free downloads, but the choices are inFamous, LittleBigPlanet, Wipeout, Super Stardust, and Dead Nation.

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
wow, sony still trying to screw people over
the only two I would get are inFamous and LittleBigPlanet, inFamous 2 is out soon and LittleBigPlanet 2 is already out
now I regret not being a member of netflix before all of this

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Better than nothing, I guess. :p

Pretty cool articles about AH3 here: http://www.siliconera.com/2011/04/18/how-to-play-arcana-heart-3-part-1-choosing-a-character-arcana/ Basically, it gives you an overview on how to play the game, which characters and arcanas compliment each other, movement, and whatnot. It's a decent read, if anyone's interested.

edit: Actually, check out this link, it'll give you the full table of contents for all the articles: http://www.siliconera.com/2011/05/1...appendix-a2-choosing-your-main-arcana-part-3/

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Yeah, those articles are a good read, especially while waiting to be able to buy the game.

Just have to wait until tomorrow now.

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust
So. What is the official explanation for ac3 not coming to xbl?

Because I really am pissed because I know I am going to wind up with a ps3 JUST to play this game -_-

Any good websites for matches/videos/etc.

Top Bottom