• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arcana Heart 3: No Place Like Homing (Update on 1st page, post PSN tags)

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
PSN is back up.

Also Texas players and Oklahoma players are trying to get some cross state meetups for this game running alongside Melee stuff! I'll send you a PM if something ever gets pulled together.

Shugotenshi

Smash Cadet
PSN's been down so long, and I -still- can't buy Arcana Hearts. I don't even care that I can't play online, having the game would be kinda nice right about now.
You could alwayz download the you-know-what.

PSN is back up.
It's not nice to lie :(

Also Texas players and Oklahoma players are trying to get some cross state meetups for this game running alongside Melee stuff! I'll send you a PM if something ever gets pulled together.
That would be nice, looking forward to it.

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
Scenes for games like this take some active promotion. Hype the game to everyone you meet. Invite your gamer friends over to play it, host friendlies at your house or apartment. Play in a public place like a university student union. Host tournaments. I hosted a mini-tournament at smash monthlies yesterday, and honestly not too many people were interested in putting down money for a new game they hadn't played, so I made the tournament free, and got some big candy bars as prizes.

12 people entered in what would have otherwise been a 4 man tourney. After the tourney, 4 new people came over and played friendlies at my place till 4am. So just by having a little free tournament at a place where gamers were we added 4 new people to our scene! Just give it a try

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I just wanted to come back to SWF and post this now to say that I do have the game (I was lucky enough to download it before PSN went down) and I'll need people to play this online with since most of my friends don't play anime fighters. Won't be posting much on this thread anymore though, I'm done with SWF. I keep getting banned for stupid **** and I'm close to getting a second permanent infraction point, so I think that's a pretty good sign that it's time to leave.

PSN: RMG8S
Main: Maori (for now)

This game is a lot of fun. Maori is only the second character I've tried out (first one was Weiss) and her zoning patterns really click with me so far. I like how she can use her DP whip to punish mistakes and bait homing and how she can call Makoto to punch people or do an air drop on them. I've been using Flower/Blossoms/Kayatsuhime arcana because I've heard it's really good but I'm going to experiment with other defensive arcana too

Now just so that I'm not proven a liar about having a second permanent infraction point, here's a picture of my ball sack:

And now here's a picture of my nuts:

And now here's a picture of my scrotum:
Hah, you clicked show. You're gay.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
NO GATES NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoo

come on dude I already have my 2nd perm infraction lmao

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Those nuts look salty.

I've been messing around with Petra (Luck), but I want something a bit more gimmicky. Nazuna is pretty fun, so I might give her a try. She's so freaking huge though. :c

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Luck has good oki, which is what I use it for. Not for gimmicks.

But I want to play someone that has a more Shrodinger Fu factor, and I'm not sure. :3c

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Nazuna isn't really gimmicky.

I don't see how you can get more gimmicky than Dorothy. But on the other hand I don't think 'gimmicky' is a searchable term in this game because practically every character can be considered that in one way or another.

I suggest trying out Yoriko. And you can almost never go wrong with recommending Akane to anyone no matter what their character criteria is.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Yeah, but Nazuna can put **** all over the screen. I know what you mean though.

Dorothy is kinda fun. I haven't really tried Yoriko, I could give her another shot. I've tried Akane before, and as much as I like putting feet in people's faces, I don't think she's for me.

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
PSN: RMG8S
Main: Maori (for now)

This game is a lot of fun. Maori is only the second character I've tried out (first one was Weiss) and her zoning patterns really click with me so far.
If you don't like SWF then head to Homingcancel.com for arcana discussions. Pretty lax there.

I started with Weiss. I still consider myself a Weiss main, but I'm having much more luck with Akane and Leisolette. I find Weiss extremely difficult to get in with and requires much faster button presses than most characters. Once her swords are out I'm beastly, but with just about every other character in the gaming having greater zoning ability than Weiss its nearly impossible to get them out.

So right now I'm playing Leisolette, who is really hard to manage with the puppet, but I get some zoning abilities and am less super-bar intensive. With weiss I feel like I always need super bar.

Nazuna isn't really gimmicky.

I don't see how you can get more gimmicky than Dorothy. But on the other hand I don't think 'gimmicky' is a searchable term in this game because practically every character can be considered that in one way or another.
I think one reason that Smashers in my area like this game is because each character is "gimmicky." Similar to smash brothers, each character has a unique playstyle that really doesn't transfer over to other characters very well. This is stark contrast to marvel where every character kinda plays the same.

Dorothy is kinda fun. I haven't really tried Yoriko, I could give her another shot. I've tried Akane before, and as much as I like putting feet in people's faces, I don't think she's for me.
Yoriko, like Nazuna, is a zoning monster. Good to see more people in the thread. Hope the PSN comes back up and people don't forget about t his game.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
That's the idea. Lieselotte is just like LOL YOU CAN'T MAKE ME BLOCK.

I actually prefer midrange play, but the zoning in this game is ridiculous.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I planned on entering AH3 at Revelations which is in one month. With PSN down and me not DLing it yet, that kinda sucks. lol

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Just for SnG I can run down my history here. Started with Nazuna. Went over to Saki since I like charge characters. Saki is still my main now. I want to play Clarice the most but since I don't have a PS3 I don't have access to training mode and I find it impossibly hard to pick her up on the fly.

My favorite character is Kira, though. Not really a fan of her playstyle, though.

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
I despise fighting saki, her recoveries are super short, the kick super has 0 frames of lag, and she takes like 6 button presses to do the same amount of damage Weiss does in 12.

Zenia is a charge character with a little more style you should check her out so I'll hate fighting you less.

My favorite character is probably Eko though, followed by Liesolette. The fun loving lolis and gothic get me off.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Zenia is probably the hardest character in this game. Not even joking.

Scamp, thanks for recommending Yoriko. She's pretty fun. Although trying to draw that stupid pentagram is making me grrface.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Saki is almost the perfect character for me. Plenty of frame-advantage moves, high low mixups, good mixups and generally easy to play. Also I'm pretty sure the kick super leaves her at advantage. :)

Zenia isn't really my style. If I want to max out on style I'll go Clarice, but that won't happen until I get a practice mode at home, and that'll only happen if the game comes out on 360.

If you haven't already, check out the Norcal Install livestream for a really good Eko player who's name escapes me at the moment. He's got good rushdown mixed in with fun gimmicky defense revolving around the Disneyland super. Recently people have been adjusting to his style so it's not as effective but still fun to watch.

Lyth - You're welcome, but she's not the easiest to be consistent with so let's see if you stay with her.

As for most difficult character....well I haven't played everyone so I don't know. But if I had to guess I'd figure it may be Konoha, Lieselotte, or Angelia.

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
If you haven't already, check out the Norcal Install livestream for a really good Eko player who's name escapes me at the moment. He's got good rushdown mixed in with fun gimmicky defense revolving around the Disneyland super. Recently people have been adjusting to his style so it's not as effective but still fun to watch.
Thansk I'll check it out. I believe Liesolette is pretty hard, I use simple tactics until the puppet just happens to be lined up with my opponent right, I don't concentrate too much on setups, i just take them when they appear for relaunches and puppet combos.

this. i spent a long time in training mode trying to draw a pentagram, but to no success.
Oh god its so hard.

Top Bottom