• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Archive: Theory Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
Well, in minish cap, there was a sword called the picori blade which resembled the master sword. Maybe the skyward sword is like that.
Right. I posted that before it was confirmed in an interview that the SS becomes the MS.

:034:

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Right. I posted that before it was confirmed in an interview that the SS becomes the MS.

0_0 didn't see that yet. Anyways, I thought of this theory (which has nothing to do with SS). It happens before the events of alttp.

A long time ago, the zula created the trident of power. Ganondorf wanted this. So, in order to get it, he posseses the most powerful zuna, who was agnihim, and used him to get the trident. Then, for the convience, he kept agnihim possesed, and used him as a front. He kept the trident of power as his weapon of choice.

Stuff that supports this:
1. Agnihim seems to be a zuna, do to similar clothes and different-colored skins.

2. In four swords, the zuna mentioned ganondorf stealing the trident of power.

3. Ganon's weapon of choice in alttp is a trident, which could be the trident of power.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Just showing how much more similar OoT Hyrule is to ALttP Hyrule if you rotate it. Also strangely enough, the black arrow on the compass is pointed Northeast, and if you rotate to this angle, is pointed upwards. Maybe this is how it's supposed to be?

Of course the Lost Woods and Kakariko should be to the west (in the OoT map) and the area where the Lost Woods is now should be replaced with a canyon-like region. Perhaps that was the inspiration for Ikana Canyon. ALttP, LA, and MM all had similar canyon like regions to the east. It's kind of this recurring theme in Zelda.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
IMO the awakening of the Four Giants in Termina must have had some mysterious affect on Hyrule. It's strange, but the design of Hyrule in TP is more similar to Termina than Hyrule from other titles.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
I just recently had a thought - It seems when Ganondorf killed the Water Sage in the banishment cutscene in TP, it also killed Rutela. I've always wondered about Rutela's death, but I never thought about it that way. Theoretically, the other Sages are as follows:

Forest - Ilia
Fire - Darunia
Water - Rutela
Spirit - Telma
Shadow - Impaz
Light - Auru

The Sages probably take on their spirit forms because the individuals destined to become the Sages are still in their unawakened form. Once they are awakened (this is exactly the same as what happened in OoT) their true forms will take the place of the spirit form.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
I just recently had a thought - It seems when Ganondorf killed the Water Sage in the banishment cutscene in TP, it also killed Rutela. I've always wondered about Rutela's death, but I never thought about it that way. Theoretically, the other Sages are as follows:

Forest - Ilia
Fire - Darbus
Water - Rutela
Spirit - Telma
Shadow - Impaz
Light - Auru

The Sages probably take on their spirit forms because the individuals destined to become the Sages are still in their unawakened form. Once they are awakened (this is exactly the same as what happened in OoT) their true forms will take the place of the spirit form.
Fix'd

Was it ever confirmed that that is how Rutela died?

Spire

III
BRoomer
Zant killed Rutela when he invaded Zora's Domain and cast a nuclear winter on it. Rutela's ghost told this to Link upon meeting him.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Good point... Maybe Prince Ralis was destined to become the Water Sage.
Or the next King Zora.

Though I do like the connection between the Water Sage and Rutela's death. It's very... particular.

AngryMoblyn1881

Smash Journeyman
I just had a thought I would like to put out there. In SP the land the game takes place in is called, new hyrule. What do you think the chances of that land being holodrum or Labrynna is?

Also, in zelda wiki it says that you are in holodrum in minish cap aswell? is this true?

Spire

III
BRoomer
I just had a thought I would like to put out there. In SP the land the game takes place in is called, new hyrule. What do you think the chances of that land being holodrum or Labrynna is?

Also, in zelda wiki it says that you are in holodrum in minish cap aswell? is this true?
SP? Do you mean ST? I truly doubt that the land in ST (New Hyrule) has anything to do with Labrynna or Holodrum.

Please check your grammar because it really becomes difficult for people to take you seriously and/or they just get confused like I am right now.

AngryMoblyn1881

Smash Journeyman
SP? Do you mean ST? I truly doubt that the land in ST (New Hyrule) has anything to do with Labrynna or Holodrum.

Please check your grammar because it really becomes difficult for people to take you seriously and/or they just get confused like I am right now.
I under stand master:p

Tacel

Smash Lord
[collapse=Who is Navi?]
Who is Navi?

... and where did she really go?
By: Spire III

Let's start with the ending of Ocarina of Time. As pictured above - and as many of you know - Navi leaves Link to fly into the window perched in the backmost wall of the Temple of Time. But how can she fly into this window and seemingly disappear from Hyrule altogether? Surely Link could find her simply by walking outside and looking into the air. But he doesn't and he can't. Navi is gone. Link does end up looking for her though, but searches in the Lost Woods which leads to his encounter with Skull Kid, Majora's Mask, Tatl and Tael, and his venture into the parallel world of Termina. Following the conclusion of Majora's Mask, we have no idea what happened to Link. But Navi is another story.

Let's leap ahead a century or so. Link is reborn prior to save Hyrule once again during the events of Twilight Princess. Late in his adventure, he is led by Skull Kid to the ruins of the Temple of Time located deep in the Lost Woods/Sacred Grove. By striking the pedestal of time, one of the guardian statues outside of the entrance door to the temple disappears and he is able to step into the temple in the past. By striking the pedestal once again, a magical staircase arises and Link walks up it into the backmost window. Through this window, Link is able to enter the hidden expanse of the Temple of Time and in the backmost room, he finds the Dominion Rod.

History behind the Dominion Rod: "Back when the sky beings known as the Oocca still maintained contact with the Royal Family of Hyrule, the Oocca handed down a mysterious rod known as the Dominion Rod. This rod was only to be carried by one known as the messenger to the heavens, and it would be used by the messenger whenever the Royal Family needed to communicate with the Oocca. Along with the rod of the heavens, the sky beings left the Ancient Sky Book with the Sheikah, which was to be given specifically to the heavenly messenger."

Now this may be a long shot, but there are similarities between the Dominion Rod and Navi. Firstly, they are both winged and are blue. Secondly, they both have historical ties to Hyrule; those ties may be one in the same. The Dominion Rod is stored deeper in the Temple of Time than even the Master Sword. The temple and sword are a sacred lock and key created by an ancient species, perhaps predating or coexisting with the Oocca, if not the avian species themselves. They guardian statues in the temple may reflect the look of the people who created it, if they aren't based on creatures from the Oocca's mythology. Regardless, the Dominion Rod is secured deep within the temple of time in an almost timeless part of it.

There is a reason why Link (OoT) never ventured deeper into the Temple of Time - because there was no reason to. He had the Dominion Rod with him the whole time: Navi. The Dominion Rod took the form of a unique blue fairy to accompany a Hylian boy who would otherwise never receive a fairy because he was not Kokiri. It lines up perfectly - a godly tool assists the hero chosen by the gods to draw the sword of evil's bane to banish the rising threat to save Hyrule. A century or so later, the new Link finds Navi once again by traveling to the past and bringing her to the present so that she can fulfill her purpose and connect Hyrule with the Heavens once again.[/collapse]
With this in mind, I traveled to the Temple of Time in Twilight Princess, and I discovered something to back up this theory.

Ending of Ocarina of Time

(Watch at 9:12)

Hear that? After Navi goes through the window, you can hear a bell ringing.

There is a bell is in the first room of the temple in Twilight Princess.
Navi must have rang it when she entered the temple.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
^ but WHY did she ring it what reason does it serve?

What we know that the temple of time connects to the temple of light mabey the bell is a transporter of sorts?

Spire

III
BRoomer
^ but WHY did she ring it what reason does it serve?

What we know that the temple of time connects to the temple of light mabey the bell is a transporter of sorts?
Of course the bell is a transporter, it transports the giant statues.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Holy crap!

Spire your a genius!

I never even thought of that. When I was younger I always thought like where is that ringing coming from? But, I always figured it's just dramatic. That, does make a big change in my belief of Navi=DRod. More ties.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
@kingdom come I do not think navi=dominion rod but the rest of this makes sense, so let us say the bell is the gateway into the sacred realm what business does navi have going there?

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
No, I don't believe it either. I just meant that it makes me think a little harder about the fact that Navi COULD be the DRod. I first thought no way in hell until I saw the whole bell thing TAL just posted.

But, if Navi IS the DRod, then that means she was the sacred item made by the Ooca and she had to go back to her resting place until called upon again.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I didn't post the bell thing, TheAceLucario did. Pay attention and give proper credit.

Imagine this though: the Skyward Sword has a connected spirit, a fairy queen-looking figure, right? Well perhaps Navi and the Dominion Rod share the same connection.

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
I didn't post the bell thing, TheAceLucario did. Pay attention and give proper credit.

Imagine this though: the Skyward Sword has a connected spirit, a fairy queen-looking figure, right? Well perhaps Navi and the Dominion Rod share the same connection.
I would believe the Navi:DR::FQGirl:SS deal. But each time I hear the Navi = DR idea I'm still left scratching my head. I guess we'll have to wait and see how the girl interacts with the sword (ie, a lot; a little; is she fairly independent of the sword, or is she completely tied to it? Things like that) before we can really make the comparison.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
Maybe the triforce is split in the child time line because navi touched the triforce separating the pieces?

Spire

III
BRoomer
Maybe the triforce is split in the child time line because navi touched the triforce separating the pieces?
Hmm..
You said the Bell was a transporter. That's why I said your a genius.

And, what evidence is there that Navi touched the triforce?
Alright, I'll give you that one. Glad it's cleared up.

This is a really interesting idea, Navi touching the Triforce, though that could only be possible if the hidden recesses of the Temple of Time exist in the Sacred Realm, meaning that they may very well be the Temple of Light. Though the pyramid seen in ALttP's Dark World could also be the Temple of Light.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
I would like to think the back part of the temple is the temple of time, but what I think that there is the entrance to the temple of light is in the back area. (maybe the front bell is the gate way which is why it rang at the end of OoT?)

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
Spire has already compared OoT and Alttp but when I noticed how similar TMC and Alttp maps are so I made this image...

Some things I wish to point out...
1) I believe that Castor wilds was swallowed by the lost woods, as to explain it's vanishing in the Zelda series as well as the dramatic relocation when you compare TP and OoT.
2) The Water fall area over a very long time made the canyon area (that is what makes canyons in real live and there on opposite sides of the time line.)
3) I believe that the village of the hard to spell name (I know the name can't spell it and it is not in my spell check I will fix that later.) in Alttp is not the real village of the hard to spell name. Supported by how the village of the hard to spell name should be at the base of death mountain and have a graveyard. I have circled where the village of the hard to spell name is going to be (TMC)/Was (Alttp).
4) It is my impression that the minish woods has ether been cut down or grown over but in both senerio's There is no forest where it should be (must of been cut down before Alttp.)
5) You know the argument that ether the castle moved or Temple of Time? I think the casstle has to of moved at least twice in hyrule's (CT) history.

I know the comparison is not perfect but (in my mind) the lay out is similar, though there is no dessert in TMC so the Alttp map expands beyond what the TMC map did.

Anyway thanks to Spire for the Alttp and OoT map connection. It has inspired me to make this.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Awesome :O

I've never noticed the obvious connections when the maps are lined up that way. Also interestingly enough, in TP, the City in the Sky is located above Lake Hylia, and in TMC the Cloud Temple (or whatever it's called) is located above Lake Hylia.

Great job Dragoon Fighter, this has really made me think.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I've been a huge Zelda theology nerd ever since finding the secret room in ALTTP. I never new this thread, or forum for that matter was on here until today. =(

Anyway, I'm backing off of the idea that Navi has any connection to the Dominion Rod other then the fact that they resided in the same place.

I think Skyward Sword will feature the Dominion Rod much more heavily then many other items. Heck, it may even revolve around it.

And as for Navi? If my above statement is true, and Link is going to dwell in the same world as the Dominion Rod, perhaps we'll see Navi again. Perhaps the blue figure we see in the original concept art is in some way related to Navi.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Welcome Undrdog!

When the concept art was released at E3 2009, I was convinced that the game would be a sequel to Majora's Mask where Link naturally ages to his ripe adulthood and Navi, having absconded into the hidden depths of the Temple of Time, fulfills her duty and becomes one with the Master Sword. I figured this simply based on the fact that Link was swordless in the concept art, yet a figure representing both the Fairy Queen and the Master Sword stood in the wake. Looks like I was wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom