• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Archive: Theory Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ekul

Smash Journeyman
Can't really blame Navi for having it in for giant spiders, considering she was bffs with the Deku Tree, who was killed by the curse within him that included Gohma. Now I wonder if having Gohma return in the Temple of Time was supposed to make us think of the possible Navi/Deku Tree links. Hm...
What if Gohma's job was to finish off Navi so that all links to the Deku Tree were destroyed? A version of Gohma was used to destroy the Deku Tree, so maybe an entire part of the family decided to finish the job. I mean, why would there be descendants of Gohma in the Temple of Time for any other reason? If they wanted to frag Link they could have waited in any of the other temples nearby.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
What if Gohma's job was to finish off Navi so that all links to the Deku Tree were destroyed? A version of Gohma was used to destroy the Deku Tree, so maybe an entire part of the family decided to finish the job. I mean, why would there be descendants of Gohma in the Temple of Time for any other reason? If they wanted to frag Link they could have waited in any of the other temples nearby.
Honestly, the Gohma are probably just an evil race of arachnids that dwells within the Lost Woods that Ganondorf simply decided to take advantage of when cursing the Great Deku Tree. They are truly wicked, although not intelligent enough to seek out the fairy race or the Great Deku Tree. They are more similar to the majority of Zelda enemies, who attack anything that they see as an obstacle or disturbance.

7 years

Smash Rookie
I for one, would like to see the return of Gohma in Zelda Wii.

& I'm really enjoying these theories Darkurai :)

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Gohma is definitely one of those bosses who will return. It's been in quite a few of the Zelda games (I think the most out of any boss, only behind Ganondorf).

But in what form is the question.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I'd really like to see a totally new cast of bosses, a la what Majora's Mask did. No Gohma, no Dongondo, no dragon, no big-eye boss, none of that recurring crap that we've killed a million times. Just as Ganon needs to either a) sit this one out, or b) play an actual menacing role, the other bosses need to change.

Face it, Odolwa and Goht are two of the best bosses in the series -- we need more in their league. Deathsword felt reminiscent of Odolwa to me, and I loved that, though, he was far too easy due to having around 6-8 hearts at the time with each of his attacks only doing about half a heart. You faced Odolwa with about 3-4 hearts and his attacks could be devastating, especially with the help of his moths.

Looking back to the Oracle games, OoS could be seen as an equivalent to LoZ/OoT and OoA an equivalent to AoL/MM. The former followed the generic Zelda code when it came to world design and bosses, while the latter were designed as differing counterparts to their predecessors with unique worlds and mostly original bosses.

Seeing how The Master Sword may be a character itself (herself), then we might be able to infer that Zelda Wii (along with its completely new control scheme) may be an addition to the AoL/MM/OoA group while still retaining the classic Zelda feel. I've said it before and I'll say it again - I don't doubt Nintendo with this one and I'm very much excited to see what they do.

So long as they don't tease us with super-realism and then change to cel-shading behind our backs..

Alzi

Smash Master
I always though Navi went into that stone rock that Tetra gives you in Wind Waker.

I don't know why i've always felt this but it just reminded me of Navi and i was like omg they have used Navi as a comunicating device lol.

xD

Spire

III
BRoomer
New theory up about Hyrule Castle in WW. Check the OP.

I also did a complete rehash of my "Link's Terminan Counterpart = Kafei?" theory. It's really long, but I hope if you take the time to read it, that you'll enjoy doing so.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
New theory up about Hyrule Castle in WW. Check the OP.

I also did a complete rehash of my "Link's Terminan Counterpart = Kafei?" theory. It's really long, but I hope if you take the time to read it, that you'll enjoy doing so.
To further support this, it appears that Zora's River empties into the lake below Hyrule Castle, like it does in OoT and TP.

zaneebaslave

Smash Journeyman
I have a small theory... well, it's not "technically" a theory, but more of a kind of "ah HA!" moment that people might have never noticed before.

Perhaps you have played Majora's Mask and noticed that the Clock Tower shoots a beam of light across the horizon at night, like a Light House, and continually spins. Perhaps you also might notice that it makes about a full rotation upon every hour of the "day."

You may also notice that Termina Field is almost perfectly round. WoodFall, Snowhead, the Great Bay, and ikana Canyon are perfectly set straight from the doors of Clock Town. Probably somebody noticed this before, but isnt it odd that Termina basically looks like one big clock? I guess it's only fitting, seeing as they worship time. SnowHead, Woodfall, Great Bay, and Ikana Canyon all line up to the 12, 3, 6, and 9 places usually seen on a clock. The Clock Tower, being the center of Termina, plays as the hand of the clock, turning to each throughout the hour.

Again, just an interesting thing that probably doesnt have any evidence or real reason, besides just being really dang cool.

AngryMoblyn1881

Smash Journeyman
I have a small theory... well, it's not "technically" a theory, but more of a kind of "ah HA!" moment that people might have never noticed before.

Perhaps you have played Majora's Mask and noticed that the Clock Tower shoots a beam of light across the horizon at night, like a Light House, and continually spins. Perhaps you also might notice that it makes about a full rotation upon every hour of the "day."

You may also notice that Termina Field is almost perfectly round. WoodFall, Snowhead, the Great Bay, and ikana Canyon are perfectly set straight from the doors of Clock Town. Probably somebody noticed this before, but isnt it odd that Termina basically looks like one big clock? I guess it's only fitting, seeing as they worship time. SnowHead, Woodfall, Great Bay, and Ikana Canyon all line up to the 12, 3, 6, and 9 places usually seen on a clock. The Clock Tower, being the center of Termina, plays as the hand of the clock, turning to each throughout the hour.

Again, just an interesting thing that probably doesnt have any evidence or real reason, besides just being really dang cool.
That is awsome I have never noticed that before.They probably did that on perpouse kinda like an easter egg.

But doesnt the layout of terminia contredict the parallel worlds thing a bit? I mean shouldent hyrule be a circle to if terminia is?

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
New theory...kinda...

Well, y'all remember the poe guy from Ocarina of Time right? The guy who you would give those poe bottles to once you captured them. He is in the first house as soon as you enter Castle Town next to the bridge. Well we know he is there when your an adult...

As a child when you go into the same room and destroy all the pots for their rupees and such there is a guard there and when you talk to him he says something along the lines of... It's boring here. I wish some ghosts would appear. They are interesting... That's basically what he says. So does the guard become the poe collector?

I give credit of the idea to my little brother who pointed this out to me last night while playing Master Quest.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Does anyone else think that the Fierce Deity Mask is Termina's representation of the complete triforce?

I've been pondering over this for a while.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings

HOLY CRAP, you're right. THAT is why everything in Termina is based on four -- 12, 3, 6, and 9 on the clock!

Congratulations, you just answered one of life's most intriguing questions. :)

Tacel

Smash Lord
I always thought that the Great Bay Temple was very strange. I found the level of machanics used curious. The style almost made it seem futuristic.

Any thoughts?

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
No, but I think it's the reincarnation of the old Termina hero, who was once a 'hero'. The people later started disrespecting the gods and the gods took away the hero and sent the land in a downwards spiral. Later on, they sent link etc etc.

http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/File:Fierce_Deity_Link_3D.png Look at the right side of the chest, it's a piece of the triforce.
Actually, I thought about this.

On his left side, there's a moon, a moon that we also see in the Gerudo tribe... that would mean that the Fierce Deity is... Termina's Ganondorf... that would make Majora... Termina's Link......

Spire

III
BRoomer

On his left side, there's a moon, a moon that we also see in the Gerudo tribe... that would mean that the Fierce Deity is... Termina's Ganondorf... that would make Majora... Termina's Link......
I was posting a quick response, but this is developing into far more than just that. I'm going to work on a post detailing my findings and get back to you.

I'll just briefly say that the presence of the tri-blue orbed necklace and the blue and red markings on his face are reminiscent of Gerudo attire. It's also important to remember that the appearance of Fierce Deity Link is effected by us playing as Link. If a goron put the mask on, it would look like a hybrid between the goron and Fierce Deity, so we currently don't know the true appearance of Fierce Deity.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I was posting a quick response, but this is developing into far more than just that. I'm going to work on a post detailing my findings and get back to you.

I'll just briefly say that the presence of the tri-blue orbed necklace and the blue and red markings on his face are reminiscent of Gerudo attire. It's also important to remember that the appearance of Fierce Deity Link is effected by us playing as Link. If a goron put the mask on, it would look like a hybrid between the goron and Fierce Deity, so we currently don't know the true appearance of Fierce Deity.
My thoughts exactly.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord

That wouldn't make sense because Link=Ganondorf?

I mean if we were talking about the triforce then yes, Link does equal Ganondorf. But we are talking about the Fierce Diety.

Edit:

When Link dons the Deku Mask, Goron Mask and Zora Mask he transforms into the spirit of what is presumably the Deku Butler's Son, Darmani and Mikau, respectively. Due to this, it has come to be presumed that the spirit inhabiting the Fierce Deity’s Mask is that of a great god, possibly even a devil due to Fierce Deity's name translating from Japanese to the “Devil God”. When Link uses any particular transformation mask, he takes the shape of what the spirit inhabiting the mask looked like during its lifetime. Using this knowledge, it can be surmised that Fierce Deity was a tall warrior god, who wielded the Double Helix Sword that was capable of shooting Sword Beams. Also, it is possible that Fierce Deity somehow met his demise, and his spirit is all that remains.

http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/Fierce_Deity

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Link would use Termina's counterpart of Ganondorf's power.

I don't know, there are probably holes in the theory. Remember that the sword shoots bolts though? Remember who shoots the same bolts? Ganondorf in the OoT bossfight.

It could very easily be true that Majora is seen as the bad guy as he was working under the gods and the citizen thus made him out for the villain. Don't know how to explain the ancient tribe creating him though :/ But it takes on 3 forms, guess who also does this? Link, becoming Zora, Deku and Goron.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Link is also seen to take on the form of every mask he puts on. Maybe there wasn't a big transformation scene like there was for the aforementioned 3 (4 if you count the fierce deity) but nobody looked at him as if he was Link. He was either the mail man, a fairy, a zombie, a stone, a gibdo, the skeleton general (cant think of the name) and et cetera.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I think Majora's Mask's transformations can be read in two concrete ways:
- It is the antithesis to the Triforce. Just as the Triforce is made of three, MM has three forms.
- Like many enemies/bosses (usually final bosses) in the Zelda series, it simply takes on another form as a means of changing strategy. Look at Ganon, Veran, Onox, Vaati, Bellum, and Malladus. They all have multiple forms. Bosses taking on multiple forms is simply a way to change the strategy up to add difficulty and enjoyment for such moments.

Fierce Deity is like this strange, superpowered being, just as Ganondorf is in Hyrule. Both are represented by a single Triforce (Triforce of Power) and a crescent moon. Whoa.. imagine a game where Ganondorf finds the Fierce Deity mask and wears it. Basically the most epic form of Ganon ever.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Ugh, that wouldn't be cool. That would go against everything the series stands for!!!

Link= Baddie? Ganon=Hero? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Tacel

Smash Lord
Ugh, that wouldn't be cool. That would go against everything the series stands for!!!

Link= Baddie? Ganon=Hero? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
Well, maybe Termina was supposed to end.
Considdering the name, "Termina," resembles, "terminal," which means, "end," maybe Link wasn't meant to save it.
Then again, this post so far could be completely irrelevant.

Anyway, out of all of the masks, Fierce Diety resembles Link the most. In fact, it looks like every single Hero of Time.
Is the Fierce Diety mask the spirit of the Hero of Time? The white hair makes it seem old, so it's probably a spirit of something.
Does this make the Hero of Time just as evil as Ganon?

Spire

III
BRoomer
Well, maybe Termina was supposed to end.
Considdering the name, "Termina," resembles, "terminal," which means, "end," maybe Link wasn't meant to save it.
Then again, this post so far could be completely irrelevant.

Anyway, out of all of the masks, Fierce Diety resembles Link the most. In fact, it looks like every single Hero of Time.
Is the Fierce Diety mask the spirit of the Hero of Time? The white hair makes it seem old, so it's probably a spirit of something.
Does this make the Hero of Time just as evil as Ganon?
It all comes down to your point of view. In our world's history, opposing countries often dub one another as evil simply because they want to end eachother. Are they both evil then? Or do they simply just have differing views. Ganon seems like the type whose ideas simply conflict so much with Hyrule as a whole, so as the land that the Goddesses watch over, they and all of their hiearchical underlings (Light Spirits, Oocca, King of Hyrule, Hyrule Royal Family, Sages, Zelda, Link) will fight to protect Hyrule. Imagine if Ganon actually found the means to completely defeat Hyrule? He would establish his own kingdom under his terms and after a lapse of time, it would simply be a new land. Someone like Zelda or Link would then play the role that Ganondorf plays in the games that he's been present in.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
It all comes down to your point of view. In our world's history, opposing countries often dub one another as evil simply because they want to end eachother. Are they both evil then? Or do they simply just have differing views. Ganon seems like the type whose ideas simply conflict so much with Hyrule as a whole, so as the land that the Goddesses watch over, they and all of their hiearchical underlings (Light Spirits, Oocca, King of Hyrule, Hyrule Royal Family, Sages, Zelda, Link) will fight to protect Hyrule. Imagine if Ganon actually found the means to completely defeat Hyrule? He would establish his own kingdom under his terms and after a lapse of time, it would simply be a new land. Someone like Zelda or Link would then play the role that Ganondorf plays in the games that he's been present in.
That's basically what the adult part of OoT was right? Ganon controlled Hyrule there, it looked like a ****hole land and almost no one lived in it. And Link was going to save it.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
It could very easily be true that Majora is seen as the bad guy as he was working under the gods and the citizen thus made him out for the villain. Don't know how to explain the ancient tribe creating him though :/
Just quoting myself in the bolded part.

Spire, your opinion on the underlined?

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority

Tacel

Smash Lord
That's true. It does depend of the point of view.

I've been looking at the main drawing of Fierce Deity Link, and I've noticed two strange, yellow drawings on it.
It's on the armor.
On the left breastplate, there is a cresent. This is most likely the moon. That means that not only Majora has ties to the moon. Fierce Deity has some, too.
Also, on the right breastplate, there is a triangle. Since it's yellow and this is a Legend of Zelda game, this must bs a drawing of a Triforce piece. There might actually be a Triforce piece in the armor (which I highly doubt). What does Fierce Deity have to do with the Triforce? It's not even like it's a drawing of the whole Triforce, it's just one piece. The question is, which one? What's stranger, how many times is the Triforce shown at all in Majora's Mask (the game)? This might be the only time (atleast that I can think of).
I think that it's the Triforce piece of Courage, because of how much Fierce Deity resembles every Link. Yes, Deku Scrub, Goron, and Zora Link all resemble Link, but not as much as Fierce Deity Link does. Not only does Fierce Deity have the same cloths, he/she/it also has the body shape of all of the Links from each game.
Think about it this way, after every Link dies, his soul is put into this mask. All of that power must have the power to do extreme evil. Ganon wearing the mask would be like Link joining Ganon side.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
The problem here seems to be that there is no backstory on the monster. There could've been a thousand reasons for him to be sealed there. There could be a thousand reasons for it to be a monster (or taken on the form of one)

Yo AceLucario, thanks for repeating shizzle man.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Also @ the manga, it's highly doubtful that the fierce deity is actually that man. The fierce deity that link is uses a sword and is extremely powerful, the person in the manga only played the drums to make majora walk. He could've easily slain Majora if he really is the fierce deity. And why would he seal Majora first and then later on slay him? It makes no sense : (

also, to quote:
An ancient tribe was known to use Majora's Mask in its hexing rituals, but they sealed away the evil inside of the mask to prevent its misuse
It's in contradiction with the manga, so I don't really believe the manga. Also, the monster refers to humans instead of terminians (or whatever they're called)

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Actually the dude who plays the drums is the Fierce Deity. BUt the manga isn't canon anyways.

I still don't see it the resemblance to Ganon. We got evil, check. We got big and muscular, check. We got the Muslim crescent and Triforce check. We got the resemblance to Link, HOLD UP!!!!

If Link puts on the mask and the dude looks nothing like Ganondorf then I mean come on. Link transformed into what everybody else looked like and loked like them. Put's on the fierce gods mask and he looks the same as Adult Link (without the obvious stuff).

I know we like to discuss and debate over little stuff like this, but this may never appear in a Zelda game again and this was just thrown in there just to make Majora's Mask easier (I didn't know about this mask until after I beat the game). Or maybe like what they do with everything else in the series this will reappear and the be retconned.

Just my thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom