• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arguing with Casual Gamers

Virtual Kruncher

Smash Journeyman
Lol, this thread is a perfect example of the little kids on this forum that like arguing for the sake of arguing.

OT: I know 95% of the people in this thread have already said this, but: They're called Video Games. Definition of "Games"
Games said:
any form of play or way of playing; amusement; recreation; sport; frolic; play
I rest my case.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Did you just say animu fighters are not as competitive as SF?

'Cause that's pretty dumb.
He said that applied to stuff like the Naruto fighters. I doubt he was reffering to non-licensed fighters like Guilty Gear, BlazBlue, and Arcana Heart (since Melty Blood is based off of a visual novel).

Anyway, a lot of people forget about the semi-serious players. These are the type of players that don't really have much of an interest, but they want to get better at the game they play or want to get 100% in a game.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm competitive but with Rpg's I don't care about %100 just finishing the whole game. If it's a long game then I don't need to do extra things. If it's not long, like Paper Mario TTYD, then I WILL do the pit of 100 trials because I want that much more content.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
You don't have to be competitive (tournaments) to want to get better. Some people just enjoy the game and want to improve for friendly purposes. They also don't make excuses for their shortcomings. They'll get better to beat whoever beats them. That's how I was before I entered tournaments.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I wouldn't call me semi-serious, but I'm an over-acheiver. I even rank myself based on completion. You have casuals, competitives, completionists, and reviewers really.

Some play casually, some do mlg, some get 100%, some play to review games. I like doing the 4th (see: Blog), but I'm the third really. And a tad of the 2nd.

I like playing competitive to a level, but I'm more about trophies and etc. I'd say broken down 85% of me is that, with 8% review and 7% competitive.

No offense, but it's slightly annoying how gamers make it black and white. You're either casual or competitive (or the term semi-serious, that's meh too)

There's really many levels of gamers in my opinion, but whatever. This is coming from a guy who put 800 hours into Pokemon platinum, 287 in FFXII, and the guy who beats Chrono Trigger 26 times to get everything :p

(I do play things besides rpgs, it's just rpgs are the hardest to get a 100% on)

link2702

Smash Champion
love getting into arguements with the casuals....espicially about brawl...

all of em are liek "zomg brawl is loiek so awsome and balanced and stuf, liek its a great figher :) "

i come around, explain why brawl is a ****ty fighter/campfest and completly imbalanced, and why its a party game, and not a fighter, they go into raaaaaaaaaaaage mdoe...

and then i prove it to em in brawl....using every last "gay" and "cheap"tactic in the book with the high tiers:awesome:

ironicly enough, i actually turned a casual into a competitive like this....cept he wouldn't touch brawl anymore he went straight for melee ::awesome:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
True. It's just Foot ball and Drinking are things that are socially accepted in America. Along with Smoking Ciggerettes.

But I would respect that someone would be obsessed with Football while I am obsessed with Smash. They have as much right to be obsessed with Football as I do for smash. They just shouldn't talk ****.

JOE!

Smash Hero
You mean besides the fact that one is socially acceptable and considered the epitome of masculinity?
yeah, all it is is an issue of acceptance, had it been smash (or just VGs) that came before, and Football were just starting, the roles would be reversed

BSP

Smash Legend
The "it's a stupid video game" response gets extremely frustrating at times...

Top Bottom