• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arizona Power Ranking Decision 9

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
oh because out of those eight tourneys there has only been two when most of the PR members and potential PR members were there.

So we need valid results. That is the only reason, so don't give up hope on making it on the PR guys there is still hope!

Sorry Kyle i will be number one. NO MATTER WHAT!
Oh cool. Good then. Because I have barely any presence this season and I really wanna do some more work.

Finally got my free time back, after 3 months of 12 hour shifts. So i'm gonna be practicing again.

Govikings07

Smash Journeyman
Aaven you have to get past me! Sick pic though <3 i like pushing aaven into loving everything about his main :)

kurtis im sure stevo loves me more than you haha. Ill mm on that

:phone:

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
^ I agree with that, sounds good to me. I would rather just get the season over with in the next tournament.

Napos

Smash Ace
oh because out of those eight tourneys there has only been two when most of the PR members and potential PR members were there.

So we need valid results. That is the only reason, so don't give up hope on making it on the PR guys there is still hope!

do it K9!

I'm taking all the momentum I had from E4U this past weekend and will make sure I end up as #1 in AZ with :peach:

Prepare to die by crown.

<3
you...you...you....god.

Bazooka Joe

Smash Apprentice
I think I got that weekend off, so I should be able to bring a tv and wii. I finally hacked my Wii, but I can only have infinite replay or Project M (latest demo). Which one would you guys prefer? Also, first real tournament for me! So excite.

Saffy

Smash Ace
I would honestly think it would just be better to just host this tournament in Tucson and end the season then and there. Thoughts?
Welp. It's been a good run guys, but this was going to be my last tournament. I am officially done with smash as far the game. I don't enjoy the game at all anymore, and I don't want to practice. No matter how much I play I never improve either, I've just been getting worse over a course of 2 years. I really only like doubles as well.. but so hard to find a partner since everyone wants to win not have fun with it =.=. Also Paying $10-15 at a tournament is just not worth it for how far I get. Not trying to sound emo. That is not the only reason I am quitting, if you want to know what else you can go read my last blog on AIB as I don't want to start drama on here or anything.
I might try to make it to tournaments to hang out if I have the time, or play doubles since I really enjoy being around you guys. I am going to be pretty busy for the next few months as I am a host and also providing prizes for the 7th Official Tournament for FFR (www.flashflashrevolution.com) from June 30th - September. I will also be participating in the ongoing 2-3 month tournament so that will take priority of my time.

k9.

Smash Ace
Dam dam dam, i wish you luck my friend.

@Napos thank you bro. I will!

Saffy

Smash Ace
I still will try to make it to tournaments if I can and have the money to. I love you guys so much, and I am glad to be back here in Arizona. I just don't want to play the game anymore really. It's too stressful and frustrating for me. I have tried to get better but nothing works. I will play for fun on occasions, but under pressure not really and paying fee's/entry.. no. It's just the smash community as a whole bothers me a lot. I am sick and pretty much tired of being used and disrespected numerous times from some immature people (No one from Arizona please don't think that.). I hate the drama and I hate all the lies and slander that pass around the community. It's very childish. I hate how people pretend to be nice to me and my friend, but then say **** and disgusting things about me behind my back. I really do not want to deal with it anymore.
I will try if there is a tourney at UAT, but that is the last tournament I will enter. Probably will only enter doubles too if I can find someone who will team with me. If it's held in Tucson then I will not enter another tournament, but you might see me around hanging out ^^.

Jane

Smash Hero
akjsdlfjshdjfh i wrote a long *** post and ****ing smashboards 404d on me goddammit >:(

but heres the tl;dr version:

saffy, i totally understand why you dont want to enter tournies anymore and why the community pisses you off. finding out that some people stole your plushies really pissed me off just now, so i understand how you feel + all of that other stuff youre dealing with as far as rumors and drama involving you. but PLEASEE dont stop coming to tournies to hang out! we love you and i especially appreciate all of the awesome things you do for us out of pure kindness, so it would really suck if you just stopped being a part of this community. i am also quitting smash (except 64), but i dont plan on stopping going to tourneys because i love all you guys and i always have fun when i hang out with everyone. so in conclusion: <33333

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Saffy! NO :( Don't leave! I love you so freaking much. And I wanted to try out double peach sometime!! double bomb omb kill would be hype as ****!

And Jane! NO don't quit smash :( wtf i hate you

@ Napos : <333333333333333333333

Jane

Smash Hero
i'll still play and try to improve just like i always have, the only thing that will be different is i wont enter tournies is all.

Saffy

Smash Ace
Saffy! NO :( Don't leave! I love you so freaking much. And I wanted to try out double peach sometime!! double bomb omb kill would be hype as ****!
I love you the most ***** <3 You did very well at E4U I stayed up to watch your match vs Sk92 only and then went to bed.
I'll team with you if you want to, Just tell me a tournament and I'll show up. I would be honored to team with the sexiest man on earth <3.

I plan on going to see you guys at tournaments of course because I love you all, Like Arizona seriously has the best smash scene in my opinion. It's actually quite hard to completely quit this game because of the community. I will probably bring some gift bags for everyone at a August/September tournament. I will have lots of things left over from the FFR tournament. (Has like Pokemon, Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Street Fighter, One Piece, Anime related stuff in them). My 21st birthday is coming up in September as well so I plan to get together with all you if I can close to that time.

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
Well, I'm sorry to hear that you don't find competitive Smash particularly interesting anymore Saf, but that's perfectly fine with me as long as you continue to come out to have some fun and hang with everyone even if you don't enter the tournaments, you're still a friend regardless of Smash.

You better still have some fun random matches with me though, I've been into that stuff a lot lately. <3

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
@Herro. I can Most likely house you ill just have to check and make sure. BRING BUSHIDO BLADE!!!!!

I'm taking all the momentum I had from E4U this past weekend and will make sure I end up as #1 in AZ with :peach:

Prepare to die by crown.

<3

Ive been fighting for two whole years for this. I am getting number 1 and thats that ni'ggas.

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
I will be bringing a wii for P:M or Brawl, but no TV. I will have to leave relatively early, like around 9 or so.

Saffy

Smash Ace
Unsure if I'm going.. idk if I feel like it honestly. Stressful week. I'll know by Friday what I am doing for sure.
I don't even have a teammate either I don't think ... :[

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion

So we need valid results.
So tournaments where mediocre players placed well among other mediocre players don't matter for ****? You're favoring the PR over the community with that, results are results. If they're not enough to determine who goes on the PR, then count them to determine which newcomers to look out for in the future and to give credit where it's due. The recognition will compel them even more.

Not to mention how it shouldn't matter who entered if the whole who-beat-who type of analysis is still being used.

I understand the whole reason we have seasons in the first place is to form a PR, but you need to acknowledge all your tournaments if you don't want your PR to have nothing but the same people every time

i'll still play and try to improve just like i always have, the only thing that will be different is i wont enter tournies is all.
And it doesn't help that after the regional, we get reminded that we decided APRDs also have a $10 entry -__- no thank you

Yoshiken96

Smash Journeyman
I still don't understand why we decided to make the APRDs have a $10 dollar entry. I mean, I can understand the "surface logic" that APRDs are the most significant tournaments in a season and that you want people to be playing at their best, but the effort I put into an APRD tournament is the same as any other tournament, .

I really believe that APRDs should be $5 just like the rest. Does anyone seriously try harder at APRDs than the other tournaments in a season?

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
That is horrible logic for PR determination, DerpDaBerp. One of the most important qualities that help determine a tournament's importance is how stacked the event is (aka how many PR'd, former PR'd, or strong OoS players are in attendance). Placings and non-stacked tournament wins come second to what PR'd players you beat/lose to. For instance: I could win 15 man locals against scrubs every weekend for two months in my state, but those would mean jack **** if I couldn't beat any PR players within the season. Hollow wins are what they are, and hollow wins they shall be treated as until said players actually make a statement against the stronger players in bracket/money matches.

All imo of course, but PRs are usually determined that way to prevent inflation with ****ty wins.

k9.

Smash Ace
Eddie G! Long time no see man.

@Derp what Eddie said is exactly what me kira and RaveRemix talked about.

I will not go ness in a ten dollar tourney. haha

Govikings07

Smash Journeyman
Better not go Ness k9 Youre not worthy of being a Ness main Haha. We still have that mm Lucas vs Ness :p which you have yet to beat me

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
Placings and non-stacked tournament wins come second to what PR'd players you beat/lose to.
No ****
allow me to explain
wait I already did

If they're not enough to determine who goes on the PR, then count them to determine which newcomers to look out for in the future and to give credit where it's due. The recognition will compel them even more.

Not to mention how it shouldn't matter who entered if the whole who-beat-who type of analysis is still being used.
My point was not to make ****ty-player wins in a ****ty-player tournament impact the PR as much as wins from big names in a stacked tournament. My point was that ****ty-player wins in a ****ty-player tournament should at least be recognized to make some sort of order below the established PR, and more importantly, give non-ranked players even more of an incentive to get better.

It all depends on how much care the community has for non-ranked players.
If we all pretty much agree (and by all, I include all the non-ranked players) to let them sit in a non-ranked pool and wait for them to make an impact in a more stacked tourney, then so be it. But if any of them would like some sort of recognition as being the best of the worst, then why not give them some.

Govikings07

Smash Journeyman
Derp isnt that what the challengerS approaching or whatever its called for? We have it on all the pr images from what Ive seen since Ive been here.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
yes that's exactly it. If we still consider challengers approaching to be relevant, then we shouldn't totally disregard some results just because it was among a bunch of mediocre players

Govikings07

Smash Journeyman
Trust me when i talk to rave about the pr he never leaves out the challengers approaching! He still sees them as a big deal. With him Now being one of the panelists you wont need to worry about their recognition :) he has it covered. Hes mainly the 1 that keeps all the records of each tournaments big or small.

Grandpa rave!

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
Yeah no worries, Grandpa Rave takes every tourney into account. And if any fellow panelist tries to ignore one, that's a paddling.

Oh and FYI, we're probably gonna be doing 3 Challengers Approaching this time.

Saffy

Smash Ace
If I'm going I'm bringing a ton of video games, anime figures, and pokemon plush to sell. ~.~ Like a box-ful.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I really need to start checking the tournament thread more regularly, so I can actually get off work to come to these tourney's.
/facepalm.

Medz!

Smash Journeyman
Wats funny is I actually have this Saturday off lol. Ill see if I can make it if other priorities don't come first. If I do go k9 I'm coming for that ***

Saffy

Smash Ace
Jeff I am disappointed.

Also if I go I might bring Keita (That marth player I mentioned)... ^^ Please make him feel welcomed.

Top Bottom