• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
it wasn't

who could he be hmm
your quoting your self? *backs away slowly*

Hey, I'm a tourney*** Ike main, too (I mean that lovingly, scrubs suck). Any chance of me getting my vids in this thread? I'm not amazing, but I know what I'm doing. Um... I dunno, I'm known in PA/Jersey, I guess. Formerly Chocobo of the melee scene, and in Velocity's crew.

Beat (Ike) v rabbt (GnW)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=XhdK3AleO9E
http://youtube.com/watch?v=h-zEHbs_om0

Beat (Ike) v Yayo (Olimar)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=NVcRclkp1eg

Beat (Ike) v Newface (ICs) - first match is a neutralish custom stage...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=M5ggFHaw2Mg
http://youtube.com/watch?v=0GrTmBFZgus

Beat (Ike) v ChiboSempai (ROB)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=RmqGbpbtwd4

In my opinion, Ike only has an advantage against one of the characters in these videos: Game and Watch. It's not a dominant match-up, because if Ike plays sloppily and can't read the opponent, GnW will deliver non-stop ****. However, Ike has spacing and priority over the 2D little *******.

Icies are annoying because they can chain Ike to death, like they can most characters, and Ike has no projectiles to help separate the two.

Olimar can get away with spamming smash attacks if Ike lets him, as Olimar's smashes are faster than most of Ike's tilts. Watch out for Pikmin clinging to Ike, too.

Rob is a pain in the ***. He's a lot like Ike in weight, but hangs around even longer than Ike does (if the Rob spaces properly and avoids Ike's stronger moves). Lasers and Gyros are frustrating. Kill Rob EARLY.
well I'm going to add your videos for now since there aren't many new ones and remove some of the 3 month old ones if I didn't already I doubt i did

kool hopefully more people start uploading some so I can make the hall of fame samurai panda suggested.

I did a quick search today but all the vids are still a month old. versatile said he would upload some of him Vs sonic soon but I'm still waiting for them.
hey your stupid search harder.

btw kirk what happened to your videos Vs mk and snake

comboking

Smash Master
oh now I get it

my name was supposed to be for My Melee playing
My Roy Could Combo Liek A Mofo hence the name comboking

Kodachrome

Smash Journeyman
Beat...I just watched the entirety of 300: Brawl verision

Let's run off to california. <_<

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
no you can still do it with the R+A im not sure what your doing wrong you just have to press it as soon as you turn around and he'll do it. as for grabbing the ledge fast im not sure

comboking

Smash Master
hugging is the awnser i will find the thread that it is in later try the Tactical Disscusion place

Beat

Smash Ace
Beat...I just watched the entirety of 300: Brawl verision

Let's run off to california. <_<
o.o I'm a guy.

As for pivot-grabbing with R+A, if you think it out it'd be harder to do unless you can always hit both at the same time. If you hit R even the slightest bit before A, you'll go into shield for even a moment, which will prevent the turn animation.

My recommendation would be to practice with Z more. I shield grab with R+A, and cancel the run into grab with it, but that's all.

Kodachrome

Smash Journeyman
Beat, I know you're a guy. We may have actually brawled before. You must not pay much attention to political events in America regarding marriage. :p

ANYWAY. When it comes to the pivot grab, i use z. For the wavedash/sliding pivot grab, I use z and down on the cstick because no other directions allow for a full slide.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
^ you going back to posting useless stuff?

and o yah i forgot about hugging all you have to do is stand at the edge and tap your control stick slanted away from the stage and you'll grab the edge.

Kodachrome

Smash Journeyman
You can hug on the run, too. Run toward it and rotate the control stick a quarter turn back toward the stage, starting at the leftmost point.

Guilhe

Smash Ace
I'm having some trouble as well for edgeguarding with Dair when I'm holding the edge of the stage. How do you peform a ledge jump? If I press the control stick away from the ledge ad Dair, I die. If I press jump and Dair I peform it too high to land the hit. And whats that wavedash/sliding pivot grab? How do you do it?

Kirk

Smash Champion
I'm having some trouble as well for edgeguarding with Dair when I'm holding the edge of the stage. How do you peform a ledge jump? If I press the control stick away from the ledge ad Dair, I die. If I press jump and Dair I peform it too high to land the hit. And whats that wavedash/sliding pivot grab? How do you do it?
While hanging on the ledge, you move the control stick away(or down) to drop off, then immediately jump...then you do the Dair. If you don't jump, you'll just plummet to your doom...like you mentioned.

About the sliding pivot grab...I believe THIS is what you are talking about?

Kirk

Smash Champion
Ok so, I'm kinda tired of there being little to no discussion in here xD

I've got a topic that I find interesting...and hopefully some people can contribute.

Did you know that Ike's Dtilt has two different hit properties to it? One that sends them straight up/down I'm sure we all know about...this is when you hit with the tip or middle of Ike's sword.

The other hitbox is at the hilt of the sword (closest to Ike). When hitting someone here, they get sent at a 45ish degree angle away from you. But the interesting thing to note here is that this hit has MORE power and knockback than Ike's Ftilt.

For comparison purposes:
(Idle Mario/No DI/No Move Decay/Middle of FD and all that jazz...)

Ftilt -- KOs at 99%
Dtilt (top of screen KO/tip or middle hit) -- KOs at 129%

Dtilt (side boundary KO/hilt hit) -- KOs at 92%

Other notes -- Can KO Mario at the edge of FD at 59%, while Ftilt kills here at 68%.

Unfortunately the hitbox seems a bit small for this particular hit, but if used correctly I feel it can be of good use, since Dtilt is generally an unused move and with no move decay, this will be a stronger hit by far than the Ftilt would.

So what do you guys make of this? I want to hear what you guys think. It may not seem like much, but I want to see at least some discussion going. Maybe we can put this to good use.

TwentyTwo

Smash Ace
I knew it had 2 hits as i did the one your talking about the other day. In my opinion though if you think about it in many cases Ike is best when he's spaced in his his range outside of his opponents. The only practicality I could see behind this would be mind games which is not actually too bad a thing at all. I'm excited for anyone who could find another use for it though.

Kodachrome

Smash Journeyman
If you've got a chronic roller that sucks at spacing them, they'll wind up right behind you because they think they're safe from ike's "slow" moves. Anticipate, d-tilt, say "bye-bye." Unfortunately, this is no different than Ike's general playstyle. The only other ways to use it that I can see are punishing super-laggy moves, i.e. rest.

One VERY interesting property that I didn't know about until I did it last night is the ability people out of their tether recoveries while they're in the "pull-up" animation, before they grab the ledge. At least, It happened with my friend's lucas last night.

Guilhe

Smash Ace
If Ike Dtilt were faster, it would make a nice KO move (like Luigi's fire punch). What does Ike says when he lands a counter? It sounds like "cover me".

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
I think it's retarted that all of the Ike boards just complain about how bad he is, or nothing in general. Then you have a good, intelligent Ike player try to present the boards with intelligent discussion, and he only gets 3 replies.

If Ike boards want ANY chance of seeing Ike be higher on the tier list, they should take opportunities like Kirk presents and discuss, test, etc.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
^ I don't think all of the Ike boards just complain about how bad he is. I actually haven't seen a topic like that in quite a while. Besides most people who complain about how bad Ike is are the ones that have given up on him and switched to someone else.

anyways, lately I've been hitting people till they break out of my grab instead of trowing them and it seems to lead into a few things when people don't expect it the Dtilt SS might be one of them i haven't tried it yet but I've been able to land a Ftilt so maybe with someone that doesn't back off to much you might have a chance to approach and land a Dtilt

FrznSaber

Smash Journeyman
I find that an interesting property of Dtilt, but the matter of pulling the move off in succession and the opponent being that close to Ike. From my standpoint it's not an easy task to pull off since we know our opponents won't stand idly as we strike them out with a DTilt

FuRy Smash

Smash Cadet
that dtilt property sounds interesting but is it practical?

how often could u land a pointblank dtilt on someone?

though maybe it could be great for punishing someone who gets too close to Ike. like maybe dtilt out of shield or dtilt to stop an aggressor.

Gabz

Smash Apprentice
yo yo yo the new ike is i town ready for some action just tell me and we`ll fight .... also im new so hi.......... the post ma be a little old but ithoguht te last part of ike`s swrod was the one that most disane hits, ain`t it right?..... about the part tha was lose to ike i did`nt knew that but what are the possiblities thta you hit your opponent with that?

comboking

Smash Master
he does not have a sweetspot

just to get more knowledge read some more of the threads in these boards particularly The Ike boards

XACE-K

Smash Master
I think it's retarted that all of the Ike boards just complain about how bad he is, or nothing in general. Then you have a good, intelligent Ike player try to present the boards with intelligent discussion, and he only gets 3 replies.

If Ike boards want ANY chance of seeing Ike be higher on the tier list, they should take opportunities like Kirk presents and discuss, test, etc.
There's only like 5 people who try to help the Ike boards. Everybody else is just there to +1 their post count.

Betaz

Smash Ace
*cough* allrighty then time for a change of topic!

anyways exactly how usefull is Ike's pivotboost?
( http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=177084 )
I mean how far does it go, is it usefull for his tilts at all (I'm hoping for some boosted range in f-tilt) can he move with his d-smash like link can (probably not as far but still)
... I would test all this myself but atm I have my Wii shipped off to Ninty to get repaired:(

XACE-K

Smash Master
( http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=177084 )
I mean how far does it go, is it usefull for his tilts at all (I'm hoping for some boosted range in f-tilt) can he move with his d-smash like link can (probably not as far but still)
... I would test all this myself but atm I have my Wii shipped off to Ninty to get repaired:(
idk, I just learned about it right now. I'll test it later and get post my results in here.

Guilhe

Smash Ace
New dicovery

I found Dtilt especially useful after a canceled jab combo as it deals more damage than a full jab combo, will meteor opponents straight into the ground or cause huge knockback depending on where the blade hits (as evidenced by Kirk) and Dtilt hits as fast as the standard sword slash from the full jab combo (not being frame perfect here). If they suffer the meteor effect, they will bump against the ground and (while severely stunned) reach and altitude ideal for Ftilt or Utilt making this a powerful move for racking up damage. However there are ways to escape this combo, which will be explained later.

Possible combos using this technique:
Full jab combo (AAA), = 16%
A+Dtilt= 18%
AA+Dtilt= 23%
A+Dtilt+Ftilt= 33%
AA+Dtilt+Ftilt= 38% (The same as a Fsmash)
A+Dtilt+Utilt= 30%
AA+Dtilt+Utilt= 35%

Notes: The full jab combo is listed by means of comparison, opponents can escape from the combo by DI away during the jab combo (lighter characters can do this more easily) or by rolling away precisely when they hit the ground after being launched by the meteor smash. I recommend jab canceling as soon as posible because it will offer your opponent less chances to escape. The damage listed is susceptible to decay.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
yah I've actually gotten a jab cancel to Dtilt SS before. I didn't post it because I don't like replying to my thread over and over again like some other people.

As for the pivot boost I'm not sure I've never really tried it but I'm going to test it out later tonight and record what ever I find out.

edit: I suck lol if anyone who mannaged to do this wants to send me a replay I'll burn it and put it on youtube.

another edit: aha I was spinning to fast this is simple lol

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I messed around with pivot boosting a little while ago. I found that I could get a nice boost(not as nice as meta's but I don't think anyone was expecting that) on the ftilt and utilt by using it. I could boost the fsmash as well but that will not be very useful, dtilt can also be boosted but not as far as utilt and ftilt.

Also, I recorded me using the messing around with it, but sadly it was on a dvd camcorder that was lying around the house and I can't for the life of me find a way to get it onto my computer. :urg:

Edit2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8020K4j6AY0
I edited the first video, it is shorter now and has music. If you are reading through this topic now I suggest that you watch this video and not the other.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXWlj4pNsS8
That is the video of me messing around with the pivot boost. It does not have dtilt.
Sorry about it having no sound and it being an overall mess, I found a way to get it on my computer but I lost the sound and Windows movie maker does not want to import the file, so I could not edit it to be shorter, without the mess ups, and make it organized.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Nice job your vid covered a lot more than mine. Only thing I did was Ftilt and a bit of Utilt I think.

From what I saw utilt doesn't slide as far as Ftilt and it makes sense since Ike jumps up durring the attack.

The 1st thing that I thought of that could be useful would be for edgegaurding. You could crouch a bit away from the ledge to make them think your going for a Dtilt and then do a pivot boost Ftilt aimed down.

Also I'm not sure if dtilt really slides the 1st post on that thread says that crouching cancels the momentum.

Well anyways heres my vid http://youtube.com/watch?v=zMHd_eNJc4U goes from right to left and vice versa unlike rutgers:laugh:

XACE-K

Smash Master
I tried the pivotboosting and it's nothing like what you two are doing. I followed the thread's instructions (tap jump off and rotate 315 degrees in the direction you're facing) but I'm still doing it wrong. When I do it, I keep having Ike do a crouch followed by a foxtrot but you have something different. What am I doing wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom