• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer Thread~[Read Before Asking a Question]

clubbadubba

Smash Master
I don't remember saying to play dumb and not space any of your attacks. If the DK is dashing back trying to space you then you just aerial back more so it hits him, pretty simple.
Lol. In other words, hit him and don't get grabbed, solid advice.

efire, make sure you are canceling your aerials and immediately getting out of dodge if they don't land. I know when I started I wouldn't take full advantage of zcanceling because I would delay a bit after landing before doing anything. Also, if your opponent is at low percents, make sure you have a good followup ready in case you land a hit because the hitstun of the first aerial might allow him to grab you.

The Star King

Smash Hero
^Assuming you were sarcastic about the solid advice part, I don't think Boomfan's post could be helpful lol

Options, as I see it:
A. Space an aerial so that if he dashdances, even if you don't gain much, you at least don't get punished (don't use something with ****ty range, i.e. Pika's fair).
B. Overshoot an attack so that you hit him if he dashdances. If you're not used to this, it might be hard to resist the urge to attack where your opponent is now, rather than where he will be, so you gotta make yourself do it.
C. Use projectiles. Self-explanatory.
D. Use something with a hitbox that sticks out horizontally for a decent amount of time, like, um, Fox's Dtilt (Yes I know Fox has lasers noob). Not sure that's a good example. Whatever.
E. This is probably largely just an extension of option A, but you can make them slowly back themselves to the end of the stage. Stages don't last forever. They then have to attack or roll or jump over you or something, so that's where reading comes into play.

Banana Jack

Smash Cadet
can someone explain p2p to me? how does it work? does it just host on the host's computer rather than on a server? and lag is just a matter of how far apart the two are?

Sangoku

Smash Master
Boom: I didn't say play dumb, but if you're in the air and you attack, you're going to get dash dance grabbed, except if you do Star King's option B.
Concerning the latter, how would you prepare your aerial? Will you jump later to attack further back? Because if you just normally jump (as if you were attacking him directly) you don't have enough control (once in the air) to attack further back? I don't know if I am clear...
And if you just jump later, he can grab you before you jump.

Really the only option I've seen working (for me, but again that might be because I suck) is projectiles.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Saturday whenever, probably during Melee pools.

Ruleset is Backroom with a couple tweaks that don't matter to anyone but me.
No entry fee.
Robsta entry fee $5
Stalling with cargo hold gets you a slap from TO

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Robsta won't place well. Probably should have said I'm TO so you could just PM me, since ciaza etc are in a car on their way to Melbourne atm (James is flying in I think).

I'm TO and I slap hard.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Placing well was a poor choice of words. What I meant to say was that more entrants = Robsta placing lower.

We all know he'll be last either way, but my attendance could change his 7th to a 9th, for example.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Boom: I didn't say play dumb, but if you're in the air and you attack, you're going to get dash dance grabbed, except if you do Star King's option B..
Not necessarily. Depends on the aerial/the speed and grab range of your opponent.

Concerning the latter, how would you prepare your aerial? Will you jump later to attack further back? Because if you just normally jump (as if you were attacking him directly) you don't have enough control (once in the air) to attack further back? I don't know if I am clear...
And if you just jump later, he can grab you before you jump...
Eh, just make sure you are close enough so that you can move forward and hit his dashdance. As Boomfan said, this often takes full hops. You can also just use attacks like Yoshi's dash attack, or stuff like Ness's reverse DJC rush thing. Can be risky though.

Really the only option I've seen working (for me, but again that might be because I suck) is projectiles.
Does this mean you always lose to dashdancing if you're a character without a decent projectile?

The Star King

Smash Hero
What if I showed up to this?

I hate how much worse my post looks, simply because I realized curiosity doesn't have a "u".

EFF YOU LACK OF QUICK EDITS

Sangoku

Smash Master
Does this mean you always lose to dashdancing if you're a character without a decent projectile?
Against a grabby DK I almost always lose if I don't pick fox and laser/grab. (I once went from losing badly to 4 stocking by picking fox...)

I don't think I'd understand through words though. Maybe I'll see the light one day. Thanks for the answers anyway (even though I wasn't the one asking in the first place lol).

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Against a grabby DK I almost always lose if I don't pick fox and laser/grab. (I once went from losing badly to 4 stocking by picking fox...)

I don't think I'd understand through words though. Maybe I'll see the light one day. Thanks for the answers anyway (even though I wasn't the one asking in the first place lol).
I still think DK is pretty good against Fox, especially on Dreamland. DK gimps Fox really well and it's actually a bit difficult to combo him sometimes due to being heavy (you have to get him up in % a bit before combos become easy). Also I personally have had trouble edgeguarding DK with Fox, but that might just be because I suck.

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
Id go with Nado first

Ive noticed alot of them use it after 2nd jump, weird
Yeah, that's what I see, but intuition says you should use the most predictable and most punishable recovery tactic first, when you're far enough away to avoid punishment...

Although I suppose each order has its uses, and it's all about being unpredictable when recovering, so maybe mixing it up every now and then could be a good thing.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
DreDay asked me why i didn't use my Nado to help recover as soon as i was knocked off stage, providing i was far away...I never had an answer, so i started using Nado first.

Galaxy is / was down...haven't checked in about an hour.

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
lol nova^^.

2 questions.

1. what does gimped mean? i see people saying it alot.
2.why do people do that thing when the words are all black and you have to highlight it too see it?

Peek~

Smash Lord
lol nova^^.

2 questions.

1. what does gimped mean? i see people saying it alot.
2.why do people do that thing when the words are all black and you have to highlight it too see it?
1. Getting killed at a super low % (example would be Kirby drilling Falcon down around 20% or so)

2. Either for joking or because
there are actual spoilers in here
. Just dont overuse it :p

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
Thanks peeek! makes more sence now:)

edit: are there pitch black 64 remotes? because i'd love to know where to buy one.

Top Bottom