• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Qusestion. Get an Answer.

pulse131

Smash Ace
i cant go japes brinstar or cruise cuz its all banned here. really strict amount of stages but meh.

Micklem

Smash Apprentice
Is it humanly possible to buffer a dacus out of an IAP (or cancelled higher phantasm, as you're falling)?
Or is that ridiculous. It sounds ridiculous.
It'd be amazing for punishing.

Choice

Smash Champion
its possible, just difficult if you mean buffering it in the opposite direction.

clowsui

Smash Legend
i can buffer bdacuses out of iap, it's not awful just kinda weird that you'd decide to do it lol

buffering bdacus in the opposite direction for anything is extremely hard though and idk why :<

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Extremely hard ? More like impossible.
I don't think the game is smart enough to register a buffered turn around dash attack, so a turnaround bdacus...

Choice

Smash Champion
i'm not certain if its impossible or not.

you cant buffer it the same way though because the turn around dash attack becomes a turnaround dsmash.

Micklem

Smash Apprentice
I ws just thinking it'd be useful given the distance you could cover (for example when MK retreats his tornado to a 'safe' distance). Lasers are good and all but when he's on 180%ish you want something more substantial to break his camping..

Well, cheers, now I know it's possible. I can spend hours practising and find out if its of any use at all lol

^^ about the IAP>BDacus

Wow pivot bdacus would be friggin awesome. I was under the impression it was entirely impossible.. or would require a different button input than I'd expected

Micklem

Smash Apprentice
Good to know someone else thinks so lol although it may not be fast enough overall to do the trick

Micklem

Smash Apprentice
On an unrelated note

How exactly does falco dominate Zamus? Their boards have it down as 70-30 our favour, and we have it as 65-35. That implies ****, yes?
But nowhere in the zamus forums or, to the best of my knowledge, here, has it explained why this is such bad times for her. Is it cus the difficulty falcos have killing is negated by her weight, or cus of her lack of approach options, or because our campy lasers **** her harder than anyone else, or what?

It's not that I disagree with the MU, It's just that I don't really understand. With her gimping potential on falco, and her invincibility>spike making it very dangerous to do the same to her, and with (sorry to mention this on the falco forums btw I realise you may hate me for this =P) larry's recent defeat to nickriddle, there must be a solid reason that I'm missing as to why noone has started doubting this 70-30?

**edit: it's larry that has it down as 65-35, not the falco boards. But I'm gonna go ahead and assume that's the same thing lol since there's noone I know who I'd trust more abot this sort of thing (and our MU chart is out of date for zss)

Choice

Smash Champion
They're discussing the match up right now so once thats done you'll get to see why its zss's worst mu.

Arcadia

Smash Apprentice
I haven't lost on Halberd yet, and I've CP'ed it against all those characters, but I can understand the case with Snake.

What about CP'ing Halberd against Wario or TL? I've yet to try this.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
It's just taken ZSS mains longer to adapt to what beats lasers and phantasm. Once they start to, or find something that balances the matchup out(NickRiddle's gimp on DEHF) then it'll head towards a 55-45 for Falco. It might get to 50-50, but imo Falco has a slight advantage.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
1.) D-throw to BDACUS Up-smash. When are these true combos?
2.) Do grabs stale? Does that mess up certain chaingrabs and how?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
1) I dont think exact%s have been documented, but Ive seen it work any where from 80-130%.

2. Yes, and it actually extends chaingrabs by lowering the knockback of said throws.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
you can buffer jabs in the opposite way youre facing, san does it constantly. so why wouldnt you be able to buffer a dash attack

swordsaint

Smash Master
I think it has something to do with not being bale to buffer the turn around dash. It just buffers a turned around and therefore becomes a dsmash.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
I've being learning SHDL to buffered reverse BPG, could be useful against a mortar sliding snake ya never know.

Also, how does a running to shield canceled upsmash oos sound? This way you would not slide forward and if you hit their shield with the tip of usmash they would not be able to grab you.

pulse131

Smash Ace
l0ol i just tried that. had NO idea that up on the c stick while holding shield meant grab o.o

Also, how does a running to shield canceled upsmash oos sound? This way you would not slide forward and if you hit their shield with the tip of usmash they would not be able to grab you.
It's another classical mix-up.

It's too laggy to actually be of any use many times over. Once someone gets into the mindset that you are trying this, they will stop attempting to grab on reaction and try to dash attack you out of shield or something similar. Usmash is still too laggy to be safe as an approach. I'd rather run up to someone and shield in the hope they will attack your shield, then try to Usmash OoS.

Not saying you shouldn't try this, but just trying to point out the fact it is still pretty punishable. Usmash is destined to be that way.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
its a good mixup if you need a kill tho, make them whiff a punish and whip out an f smash real quick.
it can work but you can do that with just a regular, non canceled hyphen smash.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
just because its stupid and gimmicky doesnt mean it wouldnt work in real life tournament matches.

hell, the last dehf match I watched, had him hit with jab 1 to forward smash.

People need to stop writing things off just because its not frame-safe/a true combo/something that will work everytime.

swordsaint

Smash Master
I agree with kid

mixups are mixups because they work sometimes when unexpected

sometimes I get away with jab cancel > dair

supplys some good follow ups occasionally lol

pulse131

Smash Ace
heh. ive jab canceled into usmash thinking it was legit. then a falco tried it on me and i dodged it literally no problem. im like, huh, guess he did it wrong.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
People need to stop writing things off just because its not frame-safe/a true combo/something that will work everytime.
I agree with this in all aspects. People focus too much on frame-perfect crap and ignore real life results. Whether it's "combos", safe attacks, planking or whatever.

It's another classical mix-up.
I agree with this in all aspects. People focus too much on frame-perfect crap and ignore real life results. Whether it's "combos", safe attacks, planking or whatever.
I agree with kid

mixups are mixups because they work sometimes when unexpected

sometimes I get away with jab cancel > dair

supplys some good follow ups occasionally lol
just because its stupid and gimmicky doesnt mean it wouldnt work in real life tournament matches.

hell, the last dehf match I watched, had him hit with jab 1 to forward smash.

I hope this answers your question yume. We all think aggresively think it's a mix-up and ignore anyone that says otherwise :laugh:

Micklem

Smash Apprentice
So true. Frame-perfect only really matters when you're playing people who you played far too often (i.e. who know exactly what you're going to do after you get the first hit and exactly how best to go about preventing it). Weirdly, being plain unpredictable also works in this situation - it just requires more effort, and is therefore less popular.

I live in England, so I have the problem of practising with the same people, and have to make a conscious decision to try to mix up play even when I know full well there are better tactics to use against certain people.

swordsaint

Smash Master
i sometimes do. depends on who im playing though. I have a very simple way of overcoming them though, and it probably wont work for everyone but between stocks/before a game I do one of two things. Either realise im feeling it and just take a deep breath, it honestly relieves more than you'd think

and before a game if im feeling it i just think to myself "i want to win this, im going to do it". it's a way of building up the confidence in myself. :)

lol Mine is probably something no one does.

I just accept the fact mid match that even if I lose, I do not really care. I play to have fun, I play to improve. If I do that I typically forget any anxiety that comes with worrying about losing. Afterwards, I start playing better as I can think more clearly.

Omni

BRoomer
i have 2 questions

what do you fellow falco mains do to overcome nerves?

do you even get nervous?
knowledge. experience. overcoming nerves is universal amongst all characters.

just think about it in reverse. when are you at your most comfortable? when you're at home playing friendlies, or when you're playing someone you know is not better than you. so the only way to get over your nerves is to carry that same "im better than this person, i know it without a doubt" mentality over to your tournament games. if you dont believe in that theory then put in the work to leveling up your Falco until you think its at a level where it can overcome your opponent/scene/we.

nervousness is derived from fear and a lack of self confidence. you can only get over your fear and self-confidence by becoming better and knowing that you're better.

so keep training and practicing and dont doubt yourself or your training.

----

my question is: what colors are used by the best falcos? i think yellow is the only one available so im gonna claim it :bee:

Omni

BRoomer
to add on the above basically you want your training to speak for itself. a quality of a good player is that even when they are at their worse their game is still far beyond better than most. your goal is to reduce the range between your "really good game" and your "really bad game" which will give you that consistency you need to avoid unncessary upsets or losses

Double posting mods, bah xD Thanks for the input though. Consistency is always the key it seems, even in sports like tennis.

I prefer the Black feather and brown jacket. The color scheme to me looks a lot better than a bright yellow beak, blue feathers and some pale colored red or blue jacket. Falco in melee had brighter colored jackets, but he had one ugly mug.

Oh, and ozz's purple jacket falco tops all other jackets.

Omni

BRoomer
Black - SK92
Dehf - i forget, regular?
Red - idk
Purple? - Ozz

ok imma just take yellow then. compliments my rainbow MK

Top Bottom