• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Qusestion. Get an Answer.

Kasper!

Smash Lord
Grab- 6 frames
Jump reflector-5-7 frames(frame 1=jump cancel the shield, hits on frame 4-6, probably wont hit people)
Up smash-9 frames if perfectly buffered(frame 1=jump, frames 2-9 usmash)
Jab-8 frames=2 frames+shield drop(6 frames i believe)
Nair-10 frames if perfectly buffered
Dash attack=10 frames
Utilt=10 frames(dash attack is easier to buffer)
Bair-11 frames

These are only including attacks
hmmm kk thanks were would spotdodge, rolls and a single dash go in that list?

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
spotdodge is invulnerable on frame 2 and rolls are invulnerable on frame 4
i need to refix the list. it was right before i changed it(its right when you quote it)

Edit: editing smashboards while driving 70 mph. Like a true falco main.
Jump reflector is actually 11-13 frames.

Average reaction time is 12 frames.

Kasper!

Smash Lord
spotdodge is invulnerable on frame 2 and rolls are invulnerable on frame 4
i need to refix the list. it was right before i changed it(its right when you quote it)

Edit: editing smashboards while driving 70 mph. Like a true falco main.
Jump reflector is actually 11-13 frames.

Average reaction time is 12 frames.
LOOOOL safe fam!!!!!!

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Nair=4 frames
Bair=5 frames
Dair=6 frames
Grab= 6 frames
Jump reflector=5-7 frames(frame 1=jump cancel the shield, hits on frame 4-6, probably wont hit people)
Up smash=9 frames if perfectly buffered(frame 1=jump, frames 2-9 usmash)
Jab-8 frames=2 frames+shield drop(6 frames i believe)
Dash attack=10 frames
Utilt=10 frames(dash attack is easier to buffer)

These are only including attacks
You ignoring jump startup?
Jump reflector is 9-11 if you jump and 10-12 if you shielddrop

pulse131

Smash Ace
i dont know much about falcos frames and what not but having x set to special makes the fastest possible phantasm out of jump much much easier. (since i use y to jump)
for those who dont know, everyone or most typically use either just x or just y to jump, and never use the other one. so just set the one you dont use to special and see how much easier/better it is. same goes with L and R for charging smashes (specially bdacus). set the one you dont use to attack.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I actually use both X and Y to jump in different situations. I use the one on the side of the A button to do SH bairs and lasers, and the one on top of the A button to do Sh dairs and FH fairs.

AndGravy

Smash Apprentice
I once tried switching from X jumping to using Y. For a while I was doing both. I did pretty horrible till i gave up. Still, that was nothing compared to yesterday when I used a wiimote. Those things are truly just awful.

I think my set-up is the best in the world for falco. Tap jump off, no rumber, X to special, R to grab, Z to attack, rest default.

Why are the pit's doing it wrong? They have the same thread title as us, but they mispelt qusestion.

AndGravy

Smash Apprentice
Where can I find good quality videos of Falco play from Apex and MLG Raleigh?

Edit: Anything but Dehf vs Brood or SK92 vs Cable. I'm already watching/watched that.

Choice

Smash Champion
I think my set-up is the best in the world for falco. Tap jump off, no rumber, X to special, R to grab, Z to attack, rest default.

Why are the pit's doing it wrong? They have the same thread title as us, but they mispelt qusestion.
best controller set up is default =)

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Yes, second hit has set knockback that can lead up to a usmash/utilt probs havent tested it but looks like it could.

Qusestion: is there any reason to learn fox trot with falco and how would it help him?

BluB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Crazy_Arni
I think it's useful. You can directly fsmash out of a fox trot and if correctly spaced it's really hard to punish.
Also after down-throw at higher percents you can fox trot -> fsmash.

D

Deleted member

Why are there so many of you? You guys multiply with every tournament I attend.

Do Falco's asexually reproduce with every throw of their reflector?

Excellence

Smash Champion
Everyone knows how Snake can wavebounce using Grenades. My first question is how well does Falco's laser work for the same purpose? I tried it a few times in training mode and a twice in some friendlies (offline) with a friend of mine and it was okay. The change in direction was well wanted and because it's quicker than Phantasm and less laggy from in the air I thought it would be better. My only concern is that it barely does what Snake's wavebounce can. Useful or not really?

My other question is Falco's grab range compared to his jab range. Which one is longer or are they the same length?

Luxor

Smash Champion
Yes, you can wavebounce, B-reverse, whatever with lasers. It's just more useful for Snake with nades since he needs to escape juggles with it, while Falco doesn't really have that problem. Also IIRC Jab beats grab.

Also ∞ is new to me, how on earth do you type ∞? That's a question worth answering imo.

Also ∞ is new to me, how on earth do you type ∞? That's a question worth answering imo.
I have actually wavebounced with a laser like 2 times to avoid punishment in the air, then to phantasm back to the stage. I just found it on the net. The proper way is probably to use alt codes inputs on the numberpad.

Zephyros

Smash Apprentice
Okay, I've got a match up specific question. I play against a Pit on a regular basis. Lately he has taken the habit of edgeguarding with his bforward (spining orange wheel of death). I've been having some trouble recovering without taking damage, what is my best option? I can't bforward or b-up through it, lasers are reflected, and I can't roll past it. About the only thing I've thought of is using a shine while advancing, but that will probably result in just trading hits.

Excellence

Smash Champion
Okay, I've got a match up specific question. I play against a Pit on a regular basis. Lately he has taken the habit of edgeguarding with his bforward (spining orange wheel of death). I've been having some trouble recovering without taking damage, what is my best option? I can't bforward or b-up through it, lasers are reflected, and I can't roll past it. About the only thing I've thought of is using a shine while advancing, but that will probably result in just trading hits.
Have you tried ledge attack? 0_o I think that works, I've never played a compitent Pit but I would think it either stops the attack or hits through it. If not, you may want to try recovering higher, shine (as you said), or just taking a few hits because you can't play offstage with Falco.

If you're really balls to the wall, bounce of the stage BAir and phantasm back on.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
roll will get you behind him setting you up quite nicely for a fsmash/grab.

Or you can reflector it spacing it so you regrab the ledge, then recover right afterwards unless he does it again, if so the reflector again.

Alternatively you can just wait and drop and regrab the ledge a few times until he ends it then recover/attack

Or you can space phantasm so the hitbox of the spin doesnt hit you.

Basically think of it as a lesser version of tornado.

Kasper!

Smash Lord
roll will get you behind him setting you up quite nicely for a fsmash/grab.

Or you can reflector it spacing it so you regrab the ledge, then recover right afterwards unless he does it again, if so the reflector again.

Alternatively you can just wait and drop and regrab the ledge a few times until he ends it then recover/attack

Or you can space phantasm so the hitbox of the spin doesnt hit you.

Basically think of it as a lesser version of tornado.
loool wat is up with your sig?was someone raging and going super saiyan? LOL

Choice

Smash Champion
ledge jump over it or ledge attack through it.

i dunno if ledge attack works below 100% though. if he's covering the ledge roll option you might also be able to get up normally then roll behind him. also it should mean that ledge jump works for sure.

edit: also i think thats bloodcross in the sig.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
loool wat is up with your sig?was someone raging and going super saiyan? LOL
ledge jump over it or ledge attack through it.

i dunno if ledge attack works below 100% though. if he's covering the ledge roll option you might also be able to get up normally then roll behind him. also it should mean that ledge jump works for sure.

edit: also i think thats bloodcross in the sig.
LMAO trolling Bloodcross is a social etiquette in New England.

Excellence

Smash Champion
I'm a comptitive player so you don't have to tell me the basic things like using laser more and jab cancels but I'm still new to Falco. What do I need to do in order to be successful as Falco? I'm not too sure where to center my game.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=285659

It's more of just centering your game around a few things. There is a lot involved with a competitive mindset, for example, predictions, conditioning, how to punish certain things, when to punish, when to bait, when to attack, when to retreat, how to punish, how to follow up, etc.

PM me if you want to see my mixup chart to help get your mind started in the right direction(page 3 I left a post saying that everyone that wanted to take a look at it to PM me, check it out.)

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
Can't you like upload it on the interwebs and place it on the boards, please?

Photobucket or one of those things. (If its not that much of a hassle, pl0x.)

Top Bottom