• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Thread, READ BEFORE MAKING NEW THREADS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCav

Smash Lord
Oh and Jimbo just space right and cgs become less of a problome.
easier said then done my friend. if you played a skilled opponent who is trying to punish you with a grab and you make 1 mistake, thats all it takes unfortuantely

Ankyfdarkness

Smash Cadet
I said it becomes less of a problome not that it stops it compleatly. But you are right Cgs are a real pain in wolf's side. Haveing said that I dout groud game are air game is safe.Air game is better aginist DDD I think.

Palpi

Smash Hero
Wolf's fair can auto cancel into a lagless fair if done quick enough. I realized that the quickest way to do this is using the L or R trigger as jump, I sorta have gotten the hang of it but sometimes the feel of the spring in the R button throws me off. Would removing the springs make short hopping with R any easier?

JCav

Smash Lord
Wolf's fair can auto cancel into a lagless fair if done quick enough. I realized that the quickest way to do this is using the L or R trigger as jump, I sorta have gotten the hang of it but sometimes the feel of the spring in the R button throws me off. Would removing the springs make short hopping with R any easier?
i took out the spring in my controller and its really good

as for SHing, i would say itd help

Palpi

Smash Hero
Awesome thanks. Wolf is probably my worst char that I want to get good with and now I need to learn how to take the spring out. haha.

JCav

Smash Lord
Awesome thanks. Wolf is probably my worst char that I want to get good with and now I need to learn how to take the spring out. haha.
its not hard as long as you have a triwing screwdriver but if you dont, you can still do it with a small flathead but its a lot harder.

but if your thinking about picking up wolf, you should drop him

lol

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Anyway, my question is: What moves beat out Bair?
That's a vague question. I assume you mean "Face to face" and fully spaced? If that's the case: DDD ftilt, Snake ftilt/utilt, DK ftilt/fsmash/dsmash. Not much other than that. Maybe ROB ftilt and some of MKs moves.

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
It's basically asking who has an attack more disjointed than Wolf's Bair, if it's more disjointed then obviously it will hit Wolf before he can hit them.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Not if it has less range. Marths hitboxes are more disjointed than all of Wolfs aerials but he will beat them if fully spaced (except the shield Breaker)

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
More disjointed = more range X_X

And I honestly don't believe that a perfectly spaced Marth Fair not only not clashes, but LOSES to Wolf's Bair. I'm sorry for doubting any of you guys, but I have a hunch that that is not true, where did you get this piece of info, and show me a video of it happening? If you asked me to show you a vid where Wolf's Bair CLASHES with Metaknight's Fair (Which is has LESS range than Marth's Fair mind you), I could show you said video. However, I could be wrong, who knows ^_^

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Some bair combos are true combos. FF uair or a well-timed dair into utilt is a true combo too. The hit of nair with hitstun can start up true combos too, most useful for going into dsmash. None of these (besides the bair ones) are going to be too useful though.

JCav

Smash Lord
ok bair>f smash BUT when you hit them with the bair they have to be in the air. same goes for shine> d smash im pretty sure thats inescapable, even though arcpoint will disagree. and i would also have to say up air to up tilt (disagreeing with arcpoint again) but idk if airdodge is fast enough...

ive also noticed yesterday that if you forward air g&w at low % and he tries to key you, up tilt- its faster

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
same goes for shine> d smash im pretty sure thats inescapable, even though arcpoint will disagree. and i would also have to say up air to up tilt (disagreeing with arcpoint again) but idk if airdodge is fast enough...
So THAT'S why people can shield Dsmash after my shine.

And I'm pretty sure Uair Utilt is a combo.

stevp

Smash Rookie
r u sure about that ishieymoro?? on heavy players like dedede, DK, and even GW if you SH, shine, then dmash immediately it always works. I guess there could be one frame in there were they can shield but nobody has ever shielded it against me. This is of course when they have low damage so that the shine doesnt put them out of reach.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
r u sure about that ishieymoro?? on heavy players like dedede, DK, and even GW if you SH, shine, then dmash immediately it always works. I guess there could be one frame in there were they can shield but nobody has ever shielded it against me. This is of course when they have low damage so that the shine doesnt put them out of reach.
My guess is that if your opponent DI's away from your Shine that they can escape any "combo" out of Shine.

stevp

Smash Rookie
i also think that chain shining might be a true combo. im not sure if you know what that is but if you short hope shine then shine when you touch ground you get no lag, then repeat the process. at low enough damage, under 50%, you can get at least 2 of the shines in.

here is the link for the video, keep in mind its not as easy as it looks.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sa5BHevZ_0o

stevp

Smash Rookie
and yea ur probly right solid. although i play against GW a lot and if you short hop shine dmash it always works, even with DI, i dono about all other characters though, and if they are DIing out of dmash range you could always fsmash although that probly isnt a true combo.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I'm pretty sure that dsmash is guaranteed if you shine your opponent over the ledge

JCav

Smash Lord
I'm PRETTY sure it's not, however, who knows ^_^
ok heres what ill do

have mk SH

while hes in the air, shine

after the shine ill have mk do a forward air (or other faster option?)

and follow up with a d smash

finally, i will tell you what i saw, i could even make a video for you :)

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
i also think that chain shining might be a true combo. im not sure if you know what that is but if you short hope shine then shine when you touch ground you get no lag, then repeat the process. at low enough damage, under 50%, you can get at least 2 of the shines in.

here is the link for the video, keep in mind its not as easy as it looks.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sa5BHevZ_0o
This was in the video description: "This has been tested several times and is now outdated for advanced usage and shouldn't be used unless playing against an opponent with bad DI. Although, it has been deemed useful for learning to use wolf's shine properly, and a nice practice for new players to wolf" Yeah, this isn't a combo...

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
Is nair a good move?

i would like to think that the very first hit of nair is very good but the rest of the hitboxes are bad
so is it practical to SHFF nair to only get the first hit and you have no post lag?

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
yea shine to dsmash is inescapable
if you hit your oppenent in the air with shine
you both land on the ground except wolf will land first
and you dsmash
this is inescapable

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Nair is.... yeah. Not so great. The first hit can be very useful, it combos into dsmash if you nair right before landing and can be used offstage to gimp people with moderate success. The only time you'll use nair is if you're about to land, have nothing else to do, and are close enough to your opponent for it to hit. Sort of like a gtfo move, I guess. The other hits are near useless, but if you're lucky the few with hitstun can also combo if they hit right before you land, which isn't too reliable.

AssaultX

Smash Apprentice
ok heres what ill do

have mk SH

while hes in the air, shine

after the shine ill have mk do a forward air (or other faster option?)

and follow up with a d smash

finally, i will tell you what i saw, i could even make a video for you :)
MK's u-air comes in 2 frames, i think.

And yea, a vid would be helpful. Thanks

AssaultX

Smash Apprentice
I know for sure that air shines "combo" easier then ground shines, but a vid to confirm that it's inescapeable would really help.

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
LOL
air shine to dsmash does work.
I have been killed by it many times and i have tested it before
i got hit with an air shine and i held shield and i still got dsmashed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom