• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask Hax$ Melee Falcon Questions: falcon... he's ****ing bad

Hax

Smash Champion
jona gg's at mogwai's LOL

bigd idk dthrow chaingrab never fails; even if they DI away don't they have to hit the ground?

anyway against sheik i'd say when she's above you just spam uair. she has nothing that hits below so its ****

Hax

Smash Champion
z is whack.. just use A, A, pause, A and hold the 3rd A

Hax

Smash Champion
actually, either of the two jabs have to hit (only 1 jab).

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
i noticed you would either knee>grab if i didnt tech or uair me on the floor to scoop me up into a grab again

what do u think about when your tech chasing?
i know ur not guessing cuz u just cant be
are you just trying to cover 2 out of 3 possible techs?
its mad weird how good you were at tech chasing

Tomacawk

Smash Master
i noticed you would either knee>grab if i didnt tech or uair me on the floor to scoop me up into a grab again

what do u think about when your tech chasing?
i know ur not guessing cuz u just cant be
are you just trying to cover 2 out of 3 possible techs?
its mad weird how good you were at tech chasing
the more you play the faster you learn how people tech...and you learn what people are likely to do in certain situations...you're probably jut teching predictiably

Hax

Smash Champion
im probably one of the most creative techchasers when i'm on fire lol. yeah i love uair because they see i've empty shorthopped towards where they're landing and i haven't charged a dair and they're like what could he possibly hit me with? so i uair right when you tech and regrab.

side-b is the best move in the game for techchasing

EDIT: i don't guess at all. :) its 100% prediction and learning habits from over the years. the 2 ways to techchase are prediction and reaction (works with grabs; i do it sometimes). guessing will get you nowhere

Tomacawk

Smash Master
lol I predict but I call it guessing because I'm not a great falcon (YET!)
I can't go off reaction because if they tech straight up I never get it in time and they spotdodge around my grab or i get shined or jabbed or gay ****
and shorthop->late uair is really pimp
can't be shield grabbed like that and nobody expects it

PolMex23

Smash Champion
prediction is guessing hax
lol

Dont be a smart *** you knew what he meant, an yet i would argue that how he said "prediction" was correct id rather just say...

Its as if u see the game, or your opponent, with a "future ghost" like the ghosts that aid you during time trials in racing games.

Sometimes you just know where they are going, due to you putting them into a situation where their options are few to none or your just deep within your opponents mind...all stuff you all know...i just love saying it, makes me feel good

I ****ing love this game and Captain Falcon

DrewB008

Smash Lord
yeah i know what you mean, about just knowing where theyre gonna go, i've felt that feeling, but i've also felt it and been wrong

there are 2 ways to tech chase in this game, you can wait and react and know for sure where theyre going, or you can predict/guess and you dont know for sure. nothing changes the fact that you are acting without confirmation that youre correct

i played hax at revival of melee, and right off the bad he dthrew me and shffled a stomp as i teched in place. thats a complete guess no matter which way you slice it

then i threw the match away, but then got ***** second match anyway

hax is too good

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
im probably one of the most creative techchasers when i'm on fire lol. yeah i love uair because they see i've empty shorthopped towards where they're landing and i haven't charged a dair and they're like what could he possibly hit me with? so i uair right when you tech and regrab.

side-b is the best move in the game for techchasing

EDIT: i don't guess at all. :) its 100% prediction and learning habits from over the years. the 2 ways to techchase are prediction and reaction (works with grabs; i do it sometimes). guessing will get you nowhere
oooooo
i was thinking it might be from learning peoples habits.. you have been since 06 right?
but yea son too good at tech chasing
i wanna play u again soon

Hax

Smash Champion
yeah word summer 06

and there is a maaaajor difference between guessing and predicting. i'd argue there are 3 ways to techchase ;)

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
dam hax and your young too..i wish i woulda been playin since then
ive only been really in it since like summer 08

im gonna get so beast by the end of summer, im gonna be hax2 lmao

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
A prediction is sort of an...educated guess. But this is much better than just guessing. you can predict based on patterns and punish them alot harder.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
sry, predicting and guessing are the same. predicting is just guessing better, it's not a separate way of doing it.

ALTERNATE ENDING!
sry, guessing and predicting are the same. guessing is just predicting poorly, it's not a separate way of doing it.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I think a lot of times Hax and other great C Falcon mains KNOW where you are teching rather than predicting. I've been on some streaks like that before and it comes down to making the opponent go where you want them to go. Crazy *** mindgames are required.

DrewB008

Smash Lord
you guys dont understand

no matter how much thought you put into it, you either literally know (reacting), or you literally dont know (predicting/guessing)

just cause all signs point to a certain tech doesnt mean its already happened

Mokumo

Smash Ace
you guys dont understand

no matter how much thought you put into it, you either literally know (reacting), or you literally dont know (predicting/guessing)

just cause all signs point to a certain tech doesnt mean its already happened
this pretty much sums up the last two pages of this thread.

I was at a fighting game night at a videogame store last night and there were some good melee players there (kdj, anybody?). having read this thread beforehand, i tried to expand my tech chasing game. I think there's a little more to it than "predicting" and "reacting". Think about it, when the average smasher on the ground (in smash brothers, not in real life) and your opponent is running straight at you from the other side of the stage, the average smasher often decides to roll passed you. if you're standing right in front of somebody while they're on the ground, they will want to do their getup attack. For some people, not as much at higher levels because there are a ton of mindgames involved in everything, it's just common sense. Good players can abuse that common sense and essentially manipulate their opponent. Sometimes i just feel like i can do something that will force my opponent to roll/tech in a certain direction, and i think that belongs in its own category

falcon just has a ton of options for everything. i hope i made at least a little sense in this post

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
this pretty much sums up the last two pages of this thread.

I was at a fighting game night at a videogame store last night and there were some good melee players there (kdj, anybody?). having read this thread beforehand, i tried to expand my tech chasing game. I think there's a little more to it than "predicting" and "reacting". Think about it, when the average smasher on the ground (in smash brothers, not in real life) and your opponent is running straight at you from the other side of the stage, the average smasher often decides to roll passed you. if you're standing right in front of somebody while they're on the ground, they will want to do their getup attack. For some people, not as much at higher levels because there are a ton of mindgames involved in everything, it's just common sense. Good players can abuse that common sense and essentially manipulate their opponent. Sometimes i just feel like i can do something that will force my opponent to roll/tech in a certain direction, and i think that belongs in its own category

falcon just has a ton of options for everything. i hope i made at least a little sense in this post
Cool story, but I didn't know people actually went to the GU game night. Me and questor went and no one was there.
We have to play more, I need to improve my falcon.

Mokumo

Smash Ace
Cool story, but I didn't know people actually went to the GU game night. Me and questor went and no one was there.
We have to play more, I need to improve my falcon.
yha mon wee should play sometimee.

i dont know about what i said earlier... i think "mindgames" is a better way of saying it instead of manipulation. i dunno tho im just a noob

Top Bottom