• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

At Melee's End - Pro Impact CCSC Championship RESULTS - (Calgary, AB)

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I disagree.. Maybe it's only the match up but I think his falco is better than his fox =P... or just maybe I'm the Fox Slayer.. so I can't really say.. lol j/k =P

spindash

Smash Ace
I disagree.. Maybe it's only the match up but I think his falco is better than his fox =P... or just maybe I'm the Fox Slayer.. so I can't really say.. lol j/k =P
Way to skin him. XD

I kid, I kid. It could have gone either way. His Fox and Falco are both evenly godly in my eyes. Although I find Falco's style to be a lot more intriguing and harder to fight against with the SH-Blaster.

spindash

Smash Ace
Fox is, like, just as easy to gimp as Falco.

But mebbeh that's the Jiggs in me talking. :<
The poor space critters... XD

Oh! Almost forgot. The shoutouts. I'll be dishing those out in a little bit today.

I T I, on a quick side note, the Mewtwo ditto was funny as hell. XD

Patooty

Smash Ace
Fun tournament all.

Randall: Thanks for hosting. I know it's a pain in the an0rz sometimes when unexpected things happen. ie people kicking power cords out :( I'm glad the brackets and everything got saved when that happened, I was impressed :) Thanks for food/drinks at the venue and organizing all this with rides and housing, I know it's not easy.

Chad: Thanks for housing us and driving us around when we needed stuff. It's very greatly appreciated. I was sick as hella and i dunno if I woulda made it through that second day without something for my cough.

Kage: Too good :laugh: Best Ganon in Canada = no questions asked. I'd even say best Ganon evar! Good win. Finals was tight!! I'm glad you came to play, it was fun. I have johns :lick: but EC being too good is undeniable. Enjoy your victory ....for now, Ganonmain :laugh:

CRAL: That shi-! was yours, son. You used your super-saiyan2 too early :laugh: Good matches though. The **** was fun to watch. That last match was going either way, and it just happened to go the other way :( I'm very impressed with your ability to keep up (and stay on top of) BC without any practice with Americans. Yup, you ***** us, gg. Just too good at the game I guess. COME TO BC!!! Can't wait till your next tournament!
Also, don't team with manuel and you will take first place in teams :chuckle: But srsly, no joke.

Manuel: I'm kidding.

CRAL: NO JOKE!

Luis, Sid, Stu, Steve, Mike: Nice to see you all again. Mike, you still got the skillz to pay the billz lol. Good stuff. Luis is still too funny, Steve is Steve + spacing skills now, Sid's pika is a lot better than I saw last time (which i guess was a hella long time ago), and Stu's number of tipped f-smashes still surprises me. Thanks for coming down Edmonton, you guys are too fun. I'M COMING TO CRAL'S NEXT TOURNAMENT. SEE YOU ALL THAR!

Shwn: wtf?

BC: stop being dumb lol. jokes.

Ryan: loses to BC :(. Good work in crews though. You got manbelly that time ;) Good work in teams too. You just gotta clear your head sometimes. Whatever happened is over just play for the moment... or something.

John: Good effort, Kage was just too good in that match. CRAL also stepped it up too. I think that's when he was charging his power to go against Kage. Someone killed Manuel so he got angry and went SuperSaiyan2, you were just in the crossfire of that lol.

Manuela: Good stuff in SSB64 :) Oh yeah, you did good in melee too >.> No srsly though, you did do good. You outranked me :p GG.

Erica: GG in crews. NT in singles. You were this close |---|

Sho: I thought i was promised foodz? :mad:

Andrew(RL Prodigy): Too cool! Practice up hard and you'll be on top before the game's over :) Good Luck! I hope you enjoy playing the game.

Fogel: Thanks for comin' over. I don't think we got to play any matches :( Eric decided to beast it up in crews that match lol.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
So, you guys can look forward to seeing the trailer/sneek peek either tonight or early Sunday morning.

Just a heads up.

mach5

Smash Journeyman
ps levi. i think you just misunderstood the power rankings thats why you think that thing about what we talked about. i just wanted to move up thats all.

spindash

Smash Ace
Alright. Let's see what I can do for shoutouts here. ;O If I miss anyone I may have played, talked to, hung out with in particular, I'm sorry! I'll edit it later if needed to. Here we go! In no particular order...

=] - Thanks a lot for the money match. Your Mario's too good. I can't begin to imagine what the heck would have happened if you had whipped out Captain Falcon or something. You gave me a good experience, and hey! I got close once! Getting you down to one stock. Huzzah. I feel so accomplished. :p Good set, thanks again.

Alphicans - Luke, dude. Your Y.Link is phenominal. I think we had a Link vs. Y.Link match, didn't we? I don't remember, but if it wasn't through that in which I learned how incredibly you play the character, it was shown in the crew battle and many other games I watched. The n00b School Bus will rise again, and here's to hoping that the crew sticks together. Even if I kinda...just, y'know, popped right out of nowhere to come in. XD I'll take your advice. Link will remain my main, but I'm going to keep on improving on my Ganon as well. I can't just use one character ALL the time. Thanks for all the good times. Keep in touch, dude.

Fosh - Anthony, your Captain Falcon is pretty sweet; our match in the pool was awesome and you really showed me up. As well as your Cubing. :p Knowing me, I'd likely be stuck on that thing for hours on end. XD Granted that I haven't really touched one in a while or bothered to speed through those puzzles. I'd puzzle and I'd puzzle until my puzzler was sore. Grinchy puns aside, I had a lot of fun hanging out with you. Keep in touch, 'kay dude?

Frio - Ahhhh, Mark. There's but one thing that needs to be said. The Blind Walruses...10th place... How the hell did we get that with all the damage we did to ourselves in the doubles?! XD Your Pikachu is really good, and I learned how that really weird spike works too. I never really looked at Pikachu before. Our biggest obstacle was ourselves. :p I gotta learn to hold off on the spin when you're near. XD; It was almost worth it. almost. Thanks for teaming with me and giving me a chance to be apart of the tournament even more.

Janitor - Vic; your Ganon is almost as wicked as your Shoddy Gyarados. *bricked* XD! I had a lot of fun hanging out with you, and the calls of "SPIN-DAAASH!" really made me feel at home in the competitive scene. No lie. ^^ Our Link and Ganon match was wicked awesome, and I'm sure we'll get the chance for a ditto in the near future. Whether it be via Brawl or if we hit up Melee one more time, I'll leave for you to decide. I can speak for pretty much every single person here when I say that recording the event like you did will give us all some fond memories. One year I'll look back and remember the nostalgia of my first tournament. I appreciate taking part in doing some recording with you. My interview was kinda awkward after the "2 controllers?" bit. XD I almost wanted to say that I "Duel-Wield" in Smash. But I'll spare myself. :p You among many others gave me much confidence to do the best that I could At Melee's End. Thank you so much. Let's meet again and Smash sometime. And next time, I'll do more then be a rising rookie. *grins*

Beeble - YOSHI! YOSHIIII!!!!! Keep it alive, dude. Yoshi's my #1 favorite Nintendo character of all time. A shame I adapt better to Link in the world of Smash otherwise I'd be a Yoshi main like you. The advice you gave me on the ride back home was great and I'm taking good advantage of that. We had some good times and good smashing, and we will play again. That I'm certain. ^^ Take it easy, man.

R.L.Prodigy - ...dude... Words just...I can't even....uhm...wow... Ten years old and you're laying the smackdown on my candy @$$. Keep doing what you're doing, for your age and to keep up with the likes of the top pros in Canada? You only have room to grow, never taking steps back at the rate that you're going. The doubles match in the tournament was great and despite me and Mark liking to kill ourselves rather then kill you and 5950, we somehow pulled one out of the hat. XD; To be honest, I thought that you guys were gonna take it. Your Marth is amazing, and the potential is only rising for you. Take what you know competitively already in Melee and pass that potential over to Brawl in the near future. You'll be unstoppable. Good times, and thanks for the Doubles friendly, the Marth/Link duo's not too shabby!

I T I - "I think it's time for.........WHAT THE HELL?! HAHAHA!!!" Mewtwo vs. Mewtwo. That was the highlight of our matches together. Your Bowser is pretty good, but I hear that your Jigglypuff is just fantastic. I never got a chance to play your character. But the Link and Mewtwo dittos were really close. Seriously, when we were doing the Link ditto, it felt like I was fighting a mirror. Never a step ahead of one another, never a step behind. It was fast paced and epic; just the way that I like it. Thank you. We will play again.

Kithkin - Go buy yourself a soda with the $2 dollar refund. Fun money match. ^^ You were pretty awesome. I'm hoping we get to play again. Brawl, Melee, take your pick. I'll be waiting. :D

DJT88 - Thanks for the matches and the awkward beginning to our set. "We're playing an official match. Wait. Nope. Yes. No. YesNoYesNoYesNoYesNoYesNo. I LIKE CIRCLES!!!#$# HOW ABOUT YOU?!" God that was awkward. XD Your Fox was great and really showed me up. No johns, no complaints about low vs. high tier. Flat out. You beat me down good, fair and square. ^__^ You were really nice. Let's play again sometime, sound good?

SuPeRbOoM - Hope you enjoy Super Mario Galaxy. Even if I was good at SSB64, which I'm not. XD You'd still get the game anyway. We didn't play in Melee or in 64. But I have no doubt that you'd probably win in Melee, and slit my throat while sipping tea mixed in with steroids in 64. XD Good times, and I don't know when I'll get a chance to Smash with a lot of you again, but hopefully it's soon. We need to do some pwnage.

dreadheaddude - Dude. I tried using Zelda after the tournament, just to practice for the heck of it, right? I couldn't do it. Seriously... You've got a lot of patience to be able to main Zelda. Way to go. And I'm totally digging the dreadlocks, man. I enjoyed playing with you, and your Sheik is pretty good too. Let's Smash again sometime! Good games.

BackItch - Thanks for some of those awesome free-for-all matches with us. Your Peach is awesome. And for some reason I think you kind of look like Kevin Smith. Don't ask why if others disagree with me or if you do, you just do. 'Kay? XD Thanks for the good times smashing, and it was a shame we couldn't have a friendly 1 vs. 1; perhaps another time if you're still playing. Good times!

MagnuM - Thanks for the friendly. Your Bowser is totally killer. I need to learn to be more on my toes against you. @_@ You played really good at AME, just like everyone else did. I know there's not much to say since we didn't really talk too much. XD But thanks for the chance of letting me play with you.

5950 - Way to go, the double Sheik team in the doubles tournament almost did me and Mark in. @_@ You're pretty good for rising up, and for your age too. You rock just like R.L.Prodigy. Keep it up, okay? Our 64 match was nice too. ^^ Good game, buddy.

LemonLau - Sid? You play an AWESOME Pikachu. And for you to be kicking it with the likes of Kage and whatnot, from the matches that I saw you play? You're amazing. You and Frio both with your Pikas rock. And our match in the loser bracket of crews was great. PokéPower. Kick some more @$$ while you're at it! Thanks for the good times.

JAPMAN - I got a hug. You're the best evah. *tear* And we have the same shirt only mine doesn't exactly fit since my sister bought me a small... Real men wear Salmon Yoshi t-shirts! Way to go, your Bowser and Peach were really good. I don't remember if I got a chance to play you, and if I did, you likely ripped me a new one in the beginning just like a lot of others did. XD Good going. "I ♥ Video Games!"

PH - We had some pretty sweet matches in the losing bracket. And you were actually the first person that I tested Ganondorf with for the tourney scene. Your Doc is nice, and you were a pleasure to play against. Let's do it again sometime! ^^ Next time I'll use Link. Bring it!

Steve - Steve...you... Oh boy. Here I was, getting an opportunity to take you on in the crew battles, a rematch from Animethon. The doubles finals. This is the height of the battlefield for me! This is my opportunity to prove my worth! You. Will. Feel. The power of Spin-Dash.

Dunkadunk. Goddammit Stevo, that was SO funny. XD Thank for you the match. I never laughed so hard in my life I think. I don't think I ever felt so good to lose a match then I did then. XD Sorry, gang! But my hats off to this guy. Good game, and I'm hoping we'll play again. Hopefully the match can last long enough for me not to get dunked every 5 seconds. XD

ManLi - You absolutely OWNED me in 64. I don't think we got a chance to play in Melee, but you would have likely done the same thing. You were really nice to me, just like a lot of other people were. Let's play again, next time with me improved. In Melee. XD Or Brawl. In 64 I'll just die. :p Way to go in the tournament!

Joe - You were a nice guy, and it was nice playing against you in the pool. I used to main Luigi too. :p

Blunted_Object10 - Eric, when I first met you at Randall's, I knew I was already in for a world of trouble. XD; You're an amazing Falco player, one of the best in my personal opinion. And I think that no one else will disagree. ^^ I think it was because of you, along with Carl, Kage, Beeble, Randall, and...well, so many people. But you were a good reason to my improvement over the weekend to play my hardest against the best of the best. I don't know if you sandbagged against me or not, but if you didn't. Thank you. I think learning to fight when someone's giving it their all is what will overall cause someone to improve in the end. And I think that you did just that. You kicked my @$$ all over the place, and I learned from that. You're a nice guy to hang out with, and just cool over all, thanks for being among many to make my first tournament experience a memorable one.

Hitsugaya - You just HAD to have the name of one of the coolest captains of Soul Society. I might have to call you Hitsugaya-Taichou now. :p I love the Luigi controller. Hahah. XD And you're a phenominal player. I was rooting for you in the crew finals. ESPECIALLY since you had to take it all the way against...well, I forget the first person you faced but I know that the match with Eric was SO close. I enjoyed playing against you in the pool, and another loss for me just means another lesson learnt and I've only become better. Here's to hoping that we can play together again someday! Good games, man. ^_^ Way to go.

FalseFalco - Carl, I don't think you know how much it meant to me when we first played and you tested me out; telling me that I'm "one of the better newcomers to the competitive scene"...if there was ever a genuine confidence booster that gave me the drive to step it up, it was that. And I thank you sincerely for that, and also for offering the ride over. I give thanks to your Dad for giving us the lift. I appreciate it! You are, by far, one of the best Smashers I've ever seen. Probably my favorite actually. Your Falco and Fox are nothing short of amazing and your Marth and Captain Falcon are nothing to lower your guard with either. Because of you innitially, I went from being 4-stocked to impressing others with actually taking a stock or two off of pros. You haven't played the last of me, I promise you. And you can count on me showing up to CT4, or any other tourney if I happen to get the chance to play against you and the others again. I'm taking everything you and the others gave me and only excelling further. Soon enough, you won't even remember the Brandon that was a beginner leaning on someone else's shoulder. You'll see Spin-Dash for a true Smasher someday.

Okay! I'm done being cheesy and all 'epic' like. If I brought a tear to your eye then I'm either really good or I killed you with stupid. XD In short, thank you for everything. I'll be sure to be back in the competitive scene really soon. Until next time, Carl! Take it easy, and Merry Christmas.

Kage - "The history of light and shadow will be written in blood!" Ganondorf, the King of Evil. The Warrior. You pulled it off, and by gods am I impressed. Truth be told, you're the inspiration for me actually picking up the controller for the big bad Zelda villain in the first place. Your skill is absolutely amazing, and you taught me how to better myself as a Ganon user too. Congrats on winning first place in the Singles and for showing us how it's done! The Ganon ditto we had was pretty fun, and I felt good to have actually managed to get a stock off of you. XD I thank you for that. :p I'll try to improve more with Ganon, but Link will remain my main in the end.

Can't stop the warrior! Merry Christmas.

MICH - Thanks for everything that Pro Impact did for the tournament and whatnot. You were a pleasure to chill with and here's to hoping that we can do it again sometime. For real. Shout. Out!

Randall - And so, the man who made everything possible... By god. I'll get the thanks out of the way in a second. Your Luigi is amazing, and we had some pretty wicked awesome matches. Thanks for putting up with me and my over-politeness. :p Now for the good stuff. If it wasn't for you, none of this would have been possible. At Melee's End was a huge success, and for you to practically handle the entire situation alone? By god, I don't know how you'll do it. Whether you were on something that gave you god-esque powers or SOMETHING, but you did it. Thank you for playing a huge part in making my first official tournament run a memorable one. You did so much for the Smash community, and had to deal with a lot of things.

I'll remember what you told me. I'm taking that momentum from Melee, and not only improving on it, but I'll show you the potential that you see in me for Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Thank you for everything, and I hope that you have a Merry Christmas. And a Happy New Year.

-------------

And voila! That's the shout outs! Now, I can edit this if you want me to, if there happens to be some people that I missed. I'll come clean and say that I likely don't remember most of your names, but I try my hardest anyway. ^^ To those that I didn't get, I hope we can play again, regardless of who you are! We all made At Melee's End possible, we all gave the greatest Nintendo Gamecube game in existence a great last run for this year. Let's keep it going, whether we continue with the cube adventures, or take it to another grand scale with Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

I'll be waiting to take you all for another spin.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Wow. A cheesy line at the end and everything.

Thanks for the shoutout and thanks for filming matches for me too.

MagnuM

Smash Ace
"At Melee's End" was a fitting name for the final farewell to the greatest game of all time (in my opinion). If there was going to be one man that would carry the burden of hosting such a grand-scale epic tournament such as this, that man would be Randall! Randall I can't believe how much stress you were able to take on and still keep your head... and your health! I don't know what you were running on all weekend, I'm willing to bet it wasn't sleep, but whatever it was, you sure delivered! I know you were obsessed about everybody just having a good time and having fun, and I can honestly tell you that I definitely had a lot of fun at your tournament and really enjoyed competing in it.

I'm sorry to hear you are thinking of retiring, but if you were going to pick a time, why not retire at the top of all the glory? It's hard to believe with such a large city such as Calgary, you guys have such few serious Smash Brothers players and such a small community. Edmonton's has always been huge, and it just seems to be getting huger! Hopefully in Brawl, things will change for the better. Honestly we would love to have a very competitive Calgary smash scene that we could have bitter battles with, because it's no fair if there is no rival and it's just one-sided all the time.

Thank you very much for kindly housing my crew and I. Sleeping in the dungeon wasn't as bad as I thought actually, and thankfully there were no monsters or zombies that came out of your cave crawlspace that led to the foundation of your house. I'm glad your house was also really easy to find and all, and had good parking and all that. I see you have a Bowser plushie of your own in your room, very respectable! It's awesome you were able to rent a venue for 2 days and keep all the equipment there, because it would have sucked if we had to tear it all down, and put it all back up again the next day. Although, thanks a lot for making such clear instructions in the thread and making such detailed and epic posts, they were great. Your confidence and details and planning made me confident that you would pull off this great feat, despite all the weight on your shoulders alone. It's crazy that you pulled it off so well, and this being your first time as well! Thanks very much for your hospitality, hosting, and sacrifices Randall, you really made this happen and At Melee's End was a great success!

Alright, so Randall definitely gets the biggest shoutout, and now, here the individual shoutouts:

------

=] - Well played, great run in the losers bracket, and thank you very much for taking out my bitter rival kithkin! I thought we would face each other for the 27th time or something, because it always seems like it is fate, or destiny, that we meet in an elimination match in a tournment. It was great having that epic classic battle moneymatch with you between Mario & Bowser. This time, Bowser finally was victorious, and can now get what he's always wanted. The chance to downthrow Peach over, and over, and over again without Mario's interference...

5950 - I'm surprised how young you were and how well you were able to fair with us older kids! You seemed to not show any tournament jitters or anything and you have a ton of potential. I am afraid of this new generation!

Alphicans - I can't remember if I played you or not, but hearing the fact that you play a lower tiered character (Link), you automatically get my respect!

BackItch - Thanks for housing the rest of the out of towners and bringing the TVs! I was quite surprised watching your upset victory over CowEar in the pools, and you've really improved since last time. Your Peach is pretty tricky, and you've proven time and time again you can always come through in the clutch! It's like you crank on the afterburners after you're down to your last stock and you're over 100%, it's scary stuff! Our elimination match was tight, except you got pwned with that stupid DreamLand wind (which I hate), and it sucks it couldn't be a closer battle at the end.

Beeble - Playing Yoshi, another low tier character and cool character, you automatically get my respect! Make sure you carry over that dedication to Brawl, because I'm sure Yoshi will be a force to be reckoned with!

Blunted_Object10 - You know, I don't think I got to play you once! I can't believe it! I know you're a kickass Falco player, who probably would have kicked my *** anyway, so maybe it is good that I saved myself the embarrassment. Great 4th place finish!

CowEar - You still **** with that crazy Fox. I know you were getting quite down when you lost your first 3 pools matches against really tough opponents, but you still rebounded to win 3 straight for a split. Our pool was just plain stacked and full of rapesauce. Great 5th place finish!

FalseFalco - Cral you are a machine... an absolute machine. When you just turned up the heat in the finals, I thought you'd start FireFoxing back to the stage with blue flames! Your space animals were just so fast and tight and you pulled every move off with near perfect execution. It was just plain getting scary there for a while! I thought you'd pull the victory for sure, but unfortunately you got barrelOWNED one too many times, and plus that Kage is just a mean mean badass Ganon. Thanks for crewing with me, you kept the pwn-o-meter consistent all weekend.

Fogel - Thanks for coming all the way down from Ottawa to show us your crazy Sheik! You definitely know what works with Sheik, and you take every advantage of the character. You single-handedly took me right out of this tournament, in both winners and losers! You just totally embarrassed my Marth in the first match, and I could tell you've had plenty of Marth vs. Sheik practice. So, I decided to counterpick you with my Bowser trump card. It almost worked, and there were certainly quite a few moments where I thought I could pull the upset, but very tight play and your punishing of my mistakes gave you the victory. That is what is so hard about pulling an upset victory with Bowser against a high tier, you cannot afford to make ANY mistakes, and you have capitalize on EVERY mistake your opponent does to stand a chance! Although your chain-throwing of my Bowser from 0% - 80% pretty much every stock is perhaps the most cruel, heinous, and most deplorable things you could do to the poor creature, it's part of the game (although severely broken), and I expected no mercy from you. I thought maybe my Jigglypuff curveball could work in our second set, but it looks like you figured it out after the first match. I enjoyed my matches with you, and you're a pretty cool guy. Great 7th place finish!

Hitsugaya - You got BC on the podium with your 3rd place finish, great work!

I T I - It was fun having that Bowser ditto with you, keep playing Bowser!

Janitor - Thanks for filming everything and getting everything documented! Can't wait for your videos and stuff.

JAPMAN - That was an awesome Bowser ditto moneymatch we had, you really took me to my limit! I am impressed, keep playing the King of the Koopas!

Kage - Wow, you travelled the furthest out of anybody, and it was totally worth it. Your Ganon just simply blows my mind! I don't think you switched characters all weekend! How is it that you can be so good like that? I heard you don't even own the game or something and that you just play at friend's houses. That is so nuts dood! You're a really cool guy and the red eyes of doom were freaky, haha. Very respectable Ganon tourney win, badass characters for the win! Thanks for coming!

Lemonlau - *raspy voice* SIIIIIIIIIID! Crazy run you had, I'm just so glad I didn't have to face you since it always seems to happen in tournaments and you always knock me out! Your Pikachu is just way too weird and hard to figure out, but it's low-tier respect none the less. PIKAAAAA!

ManLi - You once again brought that crazy mofo Fox over. We didn't face in the brackets, but I loved our crews matches. I remember on one of your runs you took out 11 of our stock!

MICH - Thanks for letting us crash at your house and getting us all set up in the dungeon for sleeping. I think the only time I got to face you was in crews, and you had a Wavebird controller that wasn't really cooperating. Would have liked to have seen those tricky Ice Climbers own it up.

MikeMonkey - Looks like you can only stay top of the world... or Canada... or so long! So much pressure to always stay as the best! You still pulled an impressive performance, and that one 17 stock run you had in that one crew battle was just disgusting. Thanks for crewing with me and Cral.

Nitrocidal - Hey you did pretty good in this tournament, did you use Kirby with those Kirbycides the whole way? The only time I had seen those before was when t1mmy used them against me at 0C2, and I had never seen it before, nor knew how to get out of it. In fact, I still don't know how to get out of it, or if it's even possible! I guess I'll just have to stick to the middle of the stage I guess. Your Falco is pretty sharp too. Impressive 13th finish!

Patooty - I was surprised to see that you weren't using Samus, but Fox instead! If I would have faced you in brackets and you used Samus, it pretty much would be an automatic win for you, haha. You're so lucky to work for a gaming company!

Spin-Dash - Hey you did pretty good for your first tournament, I would have loved to play your Link!

Steve - Steve, I don't know how to do it. You pretty much only play Smash in tournaments, yet you still pull off these amazing maneuvers and mindgames and everything. Thanks for teaming with me in teams, I think we had some really tough brackets, but still did pretty well. I think you may have lost your controller as much as I did all weekend!

SuPeRbOoM - Watching you pwn in Smash 64 effortlessly, and using an low tier character to boot, was quite entertaining. I think I watched a match in which you 5-stocked your opponent in just a couple of minutes, tossing your opponent with DK's backthrow like it was yesterday's newspaper! And you still got some crazy Melee skills as well and you pulled a great 7th place finish. If Brawl is anything like Smash 64, or a hybrid between 64 and Melee... look out! You're going to be on everyone's watch list... or hit list!

------

I'm really glad I came, and I'm also glad that I knew that I was playing very close to my best, if not the best and most consistent Smash I've played. I knew there was going to be a ton of talent and skill at this tournament, and that we were all pretty close to the same technical level. The only thing which would make the difference was the mental game and mindgames, the focus, and the experience. Although the competition was fierce, everyone still remained friendly and good-spirited, which is really important and makes sure that a tournament can be the funnest it can be.

Thanks for the great fun, I'm really glad I came!

spindash

Smash Ace
MagnuM, I think we did have a match, actually! I requested a friendly with your Bowser against my Link one time. Don't know if you remember it. ^^ But you won that one, to my knowledge I think you were left with two or one stock. It was a good match and you were in my shout out list. *grins*

lemonlau36

Smash Journeyman
Levi - Ok, so I didn't even play you at all. But I don't even need to play you to know that you are bad. SO bad. Like, I'm sure everyone at the tournament was thinking "Look at that guy in the blue shirt, he's so bad!"

THE BADDEST DUDE

NP with the jacket lends. I saw only a few of your matches, and the skill is still there. Analogy; If a sequel to Shaq-Fu was made, you would be the final boss with absolutely broken AI. Completely undunkable. You'd steal many arcade gamer's quarters that's for sure. And then dunk them.

Alphicans - Wow, so much improvement. Here's an idea... how about we actually play each other sometime soon! You live so close, I don't see why we shouldn't. I think you'd be able to give me a hard time with your Y. Link now after all that training. I hope you were happy with your placements in the tourney; very impressive.

BackItch - Stitchface... Stitchface....... Bob-omb..... repeat ad infinitum. I love our matches. They're always genuinely fun.

Beeble - What can I say? The Yoshi was huge! If I think about how your Yoshi did at Cast 3, and compare it to AME, its like... what the flesh! I don't know how to describe it really. You just really know how to take things to the next level. Your devotion to your character is amazing... It's really neat to see how you overcome Yoshi's shortcomings, and make good use of his strengths whenever we play each other. I don't know how many times I yell "WOT" every time I try to recover and you're just sitting on the edge, even though I hit you. With Pikachu I can just spam upsmash all day; You, sir, have the mad tech skill, which is much more respectable. Interesting bracket... Good ****. And yes, *****es don't know about our teams.

Eric - I seriously expected you to take 1st in singles. Hands down. I had no doubts in my mind at all, and I still hold that opinion. Like... I couldn't even touch you in our matches. Mad respect. I look forward to playing you soon.

CowEar - BC Fox is so good! Good job taking me out. I thought Corneria would be a good counterpick, but you are just way too quick and on-the-ball. I got nothin... GG's.

Dasupalouie - Thanks for coming. I know it's hard to stomach two whole days of SSBM, but it really was great having you around. I just hope you took something from this experience. Btw, do you go to that Japanese place downtown frequently? Maybe I'll see you there more often.

DJT88 - So little time, so many games to play. We should just get all our matches that we've been meaning to have done and over with. Like... 3 straight days of smash. Fr srs.

dreadheaddude - I hope you find a character that you enjoy playing and that you're good with. I hear that you wanted to main Link, but couldn't because you just couldn't win against your friend's Sheik. There's gotta be some balance there, so if you don't like Sheik, try someone else out. You'll get a lot more out of the game that way.

FalseFalco - CRAL. We never seem to play each other anymore. I had to leave before finals unfortunately... I guess I'll watch the vids when they get posted. I hear there was some Fox and Falcon going on from your end, which I don't get to see a whole lot of. Hardcore congrats on 2nd; I find that a great accomplishment.

Fogel - Hahaha this whole time I thought you were an IC's player from Washington! Now that I can put a face to your name, I've got to say that it was a pleasure playing your Sheik from Ontario. Something I wanted to ask you is how you do that edge up+b stuff with Sheik. I thought that was one of the coolest things I saw at the tourney that was completely new to me.

Geed - You're ****ing awesome. It was nice chatting with you between games. Well... it was less chatting than it was glorifying the incredible act known as DUNK!!! I expect to see you travelling with the Globetrotters.

Hitsugaya - Daaaamn. Nice Marth. I hear a lot about your Peach, but I didn't get to see it at all oddly enough. MM @ CT4 ya?

Janitor - I didn't play you at all, but I think the howevermany hours we played when you were in Edmonton sufficed for the time being. You're just a fun person to be around, and I looked forward to seeing you at this tourney. Protip: do CAST 4

Kizu - *****es don't know about our not-last-place-in-teams. Thank you so much for taking time out of your week to drive us down for this tourney, and for tackling the **EXTREMELY RIDICULOUS** roads/drivers of Calgary in the Smart car. I really hope you had a good time.

Sho - Again, I'm sorry I didn't get the matches that we were supposed to have in. I'm making special note of all the people I promised matches and never got around to, so when we meet again we'll throw down.

K Lover - I approve of your dedication to smash. You're a familiar face at every tourney, and that is fantastic. Keep attending, and nice match.

Kage - Le Ganon meilleur dans la pays!(?) I have crazy respect for you, and nice job sweeping the tourney. You know this isn't the last time we'll be playing each other eh? I gotta win my money back :-)

LemonLau - Dancing Now

M - Master M! I didn't play you, and I didn't see you play. But I know your Samus is still premium.

MagnuM - Stu!!! What the hell is going on?! A tourney where we didn't meet up in losers! Must have been a glitch in the system. Anyways, I always have a blast whenever you're around. I especially like the quote that Randall put at the front of this thread... fairly epic words. I appreciate how you were sticking up for me in a sense though hahahaha.

Manuel - Thank you for being so supportive of me. You are very kind, and a great smasher to boot. Like, your lip gloss is poppin that's how good you are. I expected you to place well, and I'm glad to see that my expectations were met.

MICH - You know, secretly I've always been scared to play against you. We had that one match at CAST 2 and that was it. It all ties back to when I came down for my first taste of a Pro-Impact Bi-Weekly. I heard much of you and your skill, and I deliberately avoided matches with you that day cause I thought I'd get mangled. I did want to play against you this time around, but I couldn't find you :-(

MikeMonkey - The only one I know who's been (and still is) in Edmonton's competitive scene longer than me. Thanks for the upsmash cues in my sets vs Kage haha.

Neat - I had to hunt you down like... 4 times for your matches! You said there was something to settle between us, and I'm sorry we didn't get to. I'll make note of it next time.

Nitrocidal - No matter how many times I play you, I always fall for that god **** suicide thing! Always! Mad props

Patooty - More BC Fox. It's premium!

Preston - A friendly face I look forward to seeing at tournies. I'm glad to have at least got one match in before I had to leave, but it definitely wasn't enough. CAST 4/CT 4. It'll be epic.

Randall - I always believed you were the host with the most. I still believe you're the host with the most. Since day 1 of my involvement with the Calgary scene, you have been inspirational with your friendly personality and insane organizational skills. Sometimes I feel your work is truly underappreciated, and I guess this post doesn't rectify that very much. It's just that I can't find the right words to tell you how thankful I am for having you as the organizational force behind Calgary's smash scene.

R.L.Prodigy - Seriously?? That Marth is sick! I'm glad I didn't meet you in the bracket.

Spin-Dash - Honestly, I thought you were going to come to this tourney and get completely slaughtered judging by what you told me about your smash experience. All I knew is that you were new to the smash scene and this would be your first tourney, and I just didn't expect very much. I was VERY wrong. That is the most skill I have seen out of a newcomer to the scene ever! I really look forward to playing you more often; It's exciting!

Steve - I was hoping that you'd beat Ryan because I was very confident that I could beat you and advance. That was the only match of yours that I got to see. I was surprised to see Marth, as I can't recall you ever playing Marth. It was solid though.

SuPeRbOoM - You're one of the people at the tourney that I just can't seem to touch at all. Mad skill, mad skill. Congrats on winning SSB64.

Fogel

Smash Lord
Carl I still wanna know which character you think suits my style :(

Fogel - Hahaha this whole time I thought you were an IC's player from Washington! Now that I can put a face to your name, I've got to say that it was a pleasure playing your Sheik from Ontario. Something I wanted to ask you is how you do that edge up+b stuff with Sheik. I thought that was one of the coolest things I saw at the tourney that was completely new to me.
I think that IC guy was Delphiki? I probably spelled it wrong but it's something like that.

The Sheik Up-B stuff I was doing on the edge is normally just referred to as the Sheik edge stall. When Sheik is hanging from the ledge, drop off, then Up-B back towards the ledge. You want to space it so that the explosion part of the Up-B happens before you re-grab the ledge (you can still do it without the explosion, but it's not as useful). From there, rinse+repeat until you feel it's time to get up :)

It's possible to edge stall with a few other characters, such as Zelda, Fox, and Falco, but the advantage with Sheik's is that the explosion gives you some cover from people who are standing near the edge trying to edgeguard/edgehog you. There's a bit more to it than that, but I'm not going to reveal all of my secrets :)

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
I think you would be a good Marth player. Once you get over the fact that you'll be gayed, and you learn to cope. Mind you, you're probably used to being gayed as Sheik.

Aw guyz, thankz for shoutoutz.

WarranThad

Smash Ace
fogel i think you could have lots of success with peach, but i think your sheik has gotten really good and not just because you rizaped me last time.

i mean your peach rizaped me last time too but yeah.

R.L.Prodigy

Smash Cadet
* =] - Thanks for being my partner when face against M and DJT also against M and Pawl.

* 5950 - Steven, we are a good team but me and you still need to practice more by not killing each other.

* Alphicans - Luke I am your father, hope to face you again.

* Beeble - Your yoshi is to good

* Blunted_Object10 -Good job in crews

* Dingo - good game in 64

* DJT88- good game on team ( you and M vs Levi and I

* dreadheaddude - good game in pool.

* FalseFalco -OMG CARL 2nd place I got no clue you are that good!

* Fogel - you owned my brother (Janitor)

* Fosh - You are so awesome!!!

* Frio - You back down in 64

* Hitsugaya - Fun game in pool I can't believe I took away 2 stocks

* I T I - Jiggly puff to good

* Janitor - lol

* JAPMAN - Your name is to cool

* Kage - Your Ganon is to good I'm glad I didn't play you

* Kithkin - Brad combo Brad Brad

* LemonLau - I didn't play you but I hope we play again in Edmonton, Your round against Sean was funny

* M - Good game in team when me and Levi face you. Your samus is to good

* MagnuM - Your bowser is scary 3rd in the world wow.

* ManLi - You 4 stock me T_T

* Nitrocidal - lol you 4 stock sean and got a beat down when you vs SuperBoom

* Pawl - I can't believe I won a round against you, I want to play you again.

* PKT92 - Our marth ditto was fun it was an close match good game

* Spin-Dash - Good game in pool, how did you do?

* SuPeRbOoM - Rest Rest Rest you rest kill me all the time in 64 I'm glad you won(of course)

* Valdemar - Good game with doc.

Thank for every one who sign my controller :)

Fogel

Smash Lord
I dunno what character lol
:(

I think you would be a good Marth player. Once you get over the fact that you'll be gayed, and you learn to cope. Mind you, you're probably used to being gayed as Sheik.

Aw guyz, thankz for shoutoutz.
<3 ManLi, interesting you mention that. Chet told me awhile back that I should work on my spacing, and Locke)'s told me that playing as Marth improves spacing. I may try playing Marth more often for the next little while and see how it goes!

fogel i think you could have lots of success with peach, but i think your sheik has gotten really good and not just because you rizaped me last time.

i mean your peach rizaped me last time too but yeah.
Hm I think I just got a lot of lucky downsmashes that Peach match. Normally my Peach gets wrecked by fast characters, and most people main fast characters, so I don't use her much 1v1. I use her more in doubles because people aren't paying as much attention to me so they don't expect the dsmash :)

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
btw..it may look "emo", but 1 "QQ more" will earn you a Pro Impact punch in the face.

Know what's kind of a burn?

Nominations closed on December 16th....

:(

And I was nominated last year and ended up being too busy being the host with the most this time around to even submit myself for '07.

With all the cross-country travel, there's enough Canadians around these boards that I might've even had a shot--all after swearing vengeance in this ancient post.

Don't suppose anyone's got the energy to lobby for a nomination, huh? No?

Sigh.

Top Bottom