• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ATHF Presents: The Legend of SOVAman, NEW VENUE, Hagerstown, MD 3/20 Ft: Pools+Yugioh

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I am def coming to this because I live close to Hagerstown and I have actually been to this gun club with my dad before.

Tantalus you set up a good tourny at Katsucon and I def can't wait to see how this one is and I see some familiar names from my first tourny. So I will try to be there and bring my bro as my partner in the doubles tourny.

Hyped

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
It's always nice to see the Smash community continue to grow. :)

I was at a Street fighter Tourney the other day, one that was posted on Shoryuken Forums.. and the most they pulled was 15 people. (x_x) Smash > SF4. lol

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Bolt, you should really come to this event. I drive 2+ hours to your venue quite often, you can make the trip one time for me, right? Plus the venue fee is $5, and its discounted if you bring a full setup! You could just come and enter singles if you're worried about cash.

This venue is truly amazing. Get Mattix to come with Oh. and Lykeios and yourself.

K9/Forte/Oath/BMX need to get some rides together and come up here!

Also, HAT and Btree should come to this. Seagull you should see if you can give rides to some of Bmores who might need rides. Any other drivers in baltimore would be appreciated, we'll need lots of help getting everyone here.

Also for the advancement in pools, it will probably be top 2 advance and 8 pools total. Which means if we have 50 people, most people will not get out, but everyone will get 4 matches at a minimum. The numbers could changed based on number of entrants.

Remember, the TOP 6 PLAYERS IN SINGLES get paid out at this! And the top 3 teams, meaning there will be 12 payouts for positions!

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
@G-reg bring your psp. Also we might have time for TvC. Like Tant said we usually have 10-15 setups so the tournament should run pretty smoothly.

There is a group that goes to Shepherd that plays Yugioh and there is like 7 of them. I know a couple of ATHF play as well so we thought it might be a good idea.

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Tant only do pools if there is a CONFIRMED high amount. Its not something that should be done at just a normal MD/VA tourney. Although I suppose there's still an entire month for plans but this is just my opinion. Tbh I still intend to goto this but things like PS2 being a CP and pools for a small-sized MD/VA tourney (unless there ARE alot more than I expect, the MD/VA smash community is like less than half the size it was than a year ago when everyone was still going to tourneys) might turn some people off. Tbh pools is a challenge and it makes me want to play good so I can make it out I like the idea....But if its like a 20-30 man tourney like most MD/VA tourneys are I think it'll be unneccasary but I'd still enjoy it.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I disagree poyo.

The ideal behind this players that are new to the scene or just not as skilled will usually come to tournaments, lose 2 games, and that was their 10 bucks. Maybe they win 1 in losers, so 3 games at best.

At this tournament, there will be pools of 5-7 people most likely. Meaning that you will, at worst, play 4 other people before being eliminated. This way people get their money's worth.

I promise you won't be in P~S's pool this time.

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
I disagree poyo.

The ideal behind this players that are new to the scene or just not as skilled will usually come to tournaments, lose 2 games, and that was their 10 bucks. Maybe they win 1 in losers, so 3 games at best.

At this tournament, there will be pools of 5-7 people most likely. Meaning that you will, at worst, play 4 other people before being eliminated. This way people get their money's worth.

I promise you won't be in P~S's pool this time.
Okay, anyway I would vote on option #1. Single Elim is ********.

Tant, can you please give me an MK main in my pool then? I love Kirby vs MK but I NEVER get to play the match in tourney :(

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Seagull, NO-IDea, TKO, step it up and give HAT/btree a ride!

@JCaesar: You're welcome to bring 1 setup for brawl+ all day if you bring your tvs and such, no venue charge if you do so, friendlies only obviously, not an event

There will be at least one melee setup all day for friendlies at this as well, but this is a BRAWL tournament.

Bandit

Smash Lord
I am def coming to this because I live close to Hagerstown and I have actually been to this gun club with my dad before.

Tantalus you set up a good tourny at Katsucon and I def can't wait to see how this one is and I see some familiar names from my first tourny. So I will try to be there and bring my bro as my partner in the doubles tourny.

Hyped
Who is this guy? Don't you know who I am? I'm the Jugg... oh wait...

Btree have you been playing Dragon Age?

Can we do B+ on the side here?
Drum roll please...

Seagull, NO-IDea, TKO, step it up and give HAT/btree a ride!

@JCaesar: You're welcome to bring 1 setup for brawl+ all day if you bring your tvs and such, no venue charge if you do so, friendlies only obviously, not an event

There will be at least one melee setup all day for friendlies at this as well, but this is a BRAWL tournament.
And this pretty much confirms I will not be coming. Hour+ drive to do what we can do at the hot tub store.

Legion HQ + BWW > Gun Club

Good luck though, Tant. It's a tough venue to get people, but I know you'll run a tight ship.

Bertroll

Smash Cadet
lol @ yugioh
I will try and make it to this, gunna practice and see if my ROB is ready to win money yet 8-)

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
lol @ yugioh
I will try and make it to this, gunna practice and see if my ROB is ready to win money yet 8-)
This is a longs ways away from now. Team with me Bert if Noraa isn't coming.

Depending on the layout of pools, I will or will not do singles.

And I will gladly MM you Poyo, Kirby vs Mk if you want (I'm the Mk). For 3 bucks.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
me im just a brawler on the forums. And cool another Bandit :D.

Sorry I combined my nickname my friends gave me and my name to get Jbandit. ^^" very similar

Aposl

Smash Ace
Tantulus you are completely correct about pools, even though you discouraged us for doing it with low attendance at the pre pound warmup, lol!!! Imma try to make this cuz it sounds friggin awesome, also anyone wanna mm me in a duel, we are at a gun shop...

g-regulate

Smash Hero
so can we stay til midnight? i dont feel my venue fee is worth it unless i get a good 12 hours of brawl (slight sarcasm intended)

ill need a teammate!

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
well greg the venue actually closes down around 10 or so and you can show up as early as 10am, so 12 hours will be doable!

Edit: I discouraged pools at level up because of time and lack of setups, which will not be an issue at this venue, i guarantee 10 setups minimum

SOVAman

Smash Hero
I think imma bring a wii too

I don't remember if i told anyone to team with me at this so who wants to team?

Top Bottom