• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aura Malarkey in 3D .:. Lsgd

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
also when you do have the pressure going on don't be afraid to nair into his shield.

grab is like frame 10.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
I was playing my friend's DK yesterday using Lucario for the first time really. I 3 stocked him one game... I usually don't do that with Diddy until recently but still lol I just picked him up.

I can **** with this.

culexus・wau

DK VS lucario.

play patient, CAMP THE MOTHER****ER.

Get him offstage, Dair that UpB and Aurasphere his landing.

Once you got him in the air he's basically snake >_>

You have no reason to be afraid of a donkey kong in the air giving you his front.

Uptilt is rapesies.

sidestep any attempts to sideB your shield.

Donkey Punch is Grabbable or Force Palm Grabbable but its... risky, you still take the 25% but you take no knockback.

D knows whats up!

MBlaze

Smash Champion
at first he was like 2 stocking me because I was just observing and he's like counting score "Lol u mad, you always say you're not trying"

Next game *3 stock* "Oh..." "UH OH OH WHAT?" lol

Zucco

Smash Master
I footstooled Will offstage in a friendly and it kinda ****ed his stock up real fast lol.

I wish I had cable and Trela had Jash in losers. Not saying I would have won but at least I kind of understand how to fight DK. Toon link is impossible for me atm.

culexus・wau

Toon link is just a really annoying match-up if you don't have the lead.

if you do you can just sit on it and they can't really do much.

I don't know how to beat airdodge -> zair is the only reason I don't like it.

if they don't DI it fair to footstool offstage ***** DK LOL, if you mess up you can just easilly footstool or dair their UpB right after because the fair ussually robs them of their jump

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
All I've learned is to wait just a bit after he extends his hurtbox then hit him with an aura move.

and edgeguarding DK is hilarious.

and that you don't want to be behind DK's punch (has a wtf backwards hitbox)

I haven't had much problems with the MU, although ftilt seems a tad annoying merely because it goes through nearly all AS until high percents, and I guess bair is not too much of a problem.

edit: you have to PS zair, doing that will **** him. I have tons of TLs in my area, such an annoying MU. Luckily all his kill moves are easily avoidable.

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Grab them, tilt them. Do an immediate breverse from the ground and shoot an aura sphere from them.

Can I take you up on that Ksizzle. I think I'm gonna become a bounty hunter with Lucario, find these Lucario slayers in the world and challenge them.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
id bet any amount of money. i mean dk already wins and its the best one. and he practices with me too. the guy is a genius

me and lee are lucario slayers too.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Time to shamelessly parade Jbug:

edit: sometimes I get a jab or utilt if they didn't safely space zair, nair oos, but usually the point is to capitalize on pattern w/ zair, if they airdodge before, usually you're safe in the air in being able to outzone it.

It's usually hard to capitalize on it as lucario, if they're spacing it usually trying for a roll on the ground is good, or if you're in the air already, use DJ/dair to mix yourself away from it. It's a gtfo move, b/c Lucario generally wants to get inside TL and get some jab/grab action.

Steam

Smash Hero
pssh, she's overexaggerating >_> a lot. plus, it's her fault when she asks about stuff >.>

tao does not suuuuuuck. D:

my tao does :3

Is that Phil?

Also, if you are thrown into the air at an inopportune moment, Fair does a good job of walling up your front against bair.

DK's tilts are annoying because they go throw a lot of your crap amd have great range, but they're not disjoints iirc. They can go through the aura hitboxes of your attacks too, so it's too risky to try to trade physical hits. You can always grab it like Flame said, or PS it then punish accordingly.

TL is a weird MU, it can go either way. He has varied tools to throw you off, but BAS cancel all of them.

Zair isn't as big of a deal, or at least, not as much as with Samus.:p But it can go through weaker AS, and Bair strings are annoying in this MU too. Fair has pretty nice KB, and is a viable kill move. His Utilt has the same uses as yours. It's in that same group as GnW/Pika's/ROB's. Ftilt is also his GTFO moves. Basically, TL is a Lucario in respect to aerials and tilts. Keep an eye out for UpB, 'cause the last hit can kill. He can also spam arrows slightly better than you can BAS, and SHDA and Breverse tricksies are a pain. PS them or use BAS to stop them.

Steam

Smash Hero
I wouldn't say his tilts are waaaay quicker. just a bit faster. plus our aerials are faster overall I'd say.

though his aerial blindspots are pretty bad. and his dair sucks unlike ours.

I wouldn't say his tilts are waaaay quicker. just a bit faster. plus our aerials are faster overall I'd say.

though his aerial blindspots are pretty bad. and his dair sucks unlike ours.
Nair and Bair are faster then Lulu's. Dair has a landing hitbox and hits through platforms and can be used to recover. And no decent TL will Dair unless they know it's a guaranteed hit lol.

And doze bombs.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
i heard bb discussion. so i'm just here to complain about everything like the rachel main i am.

Top Bottom