• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aura Malarkey in 3D .:. Lsgd

Browny

Smash Hater
Cute pic, Xyless. Makes me wanna draw a lucario myself.

Edit: Almost forgot to mention, after doing some testing with Pierce and Bleachigo, rising + retreating Nair on shield is almost completely safe. I am going to work on getting some data on shieldstun for it later, but I just wanted to let you guys know before hand.
-____________________-

shield the nair, dash-SHaerial/usmash?

I use retreating rising nair A LOT (my latest vids will show that lol) and theres no way it is safe. I'ts a decent option oos because it limits its punishability to only a mere fair or dash-usmash of fast characters which is far better to take than a grab or smash than if you were to use any other attack oos lol, at least from what I've found.

ShippoFoxFire

Smash Lord
They get shieldpush browny.

problem is if you say "perfect shield" then obviously it's going to fail.

MK isn't even safe on perfect shield(PS first hit Dsmash, you have a free dsmash...LITTLE KNOWN PROVEN FACT)

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
Paging Mr. Rockettrainer or Trela or Espy.

if I for some reason do not get housing from bigfoot who would I get texan housing from?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Mmm, don't quote me on this, but I *think* there is a spot in the hotel room we're staying at. If I understand correctly, it'll be 15-16ish people split between two rooms and each person will have to pay about $8 or so for the whole weekend (I think). Yeah, awesomely low price. And it's supposedly only a block or so from the venue.

I'll find out more by this weekend and send you a PM. San Antonio arranged the rooms, so they should know more.

If all else fails, I'm sure Dallas peeps can find you a place.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Yeah it's surprising that smash lab got to this conclusion.

but didn't we also conclude that if one grabs or jumps oos, you can remove that lag as well?

iRJi

Smash Champion
-____________________-

shield the nair, dash-SHaerial/usmash?

I use retreating rising nair A LOT (my latest vids will show that lol) and theres no way it is safe. I'ts a decent option oos because it limits its punishability to only a mere fair or dash-usmash of fast characters which is far better to take than a grab or smash than if you were to use any other attack oos lol, at least from what I've found.
Are you full hoping or short hoping while retreating. Are you also getting the max speed while moving backwards when you are doing it?

Off of my testing, it came out to be safe as hell. Lets take for example Marth as the opposing. Marth can't SHfair it, nor is he able to dash up in time to get to you while you are going back. His first it dancing blade hits, but that's it. If you are full hoping your nair, that could be the reason why you are getting hit for it. You can also not be moving back at full momentum. It took me like 10 min, but I have it to a decent degree where I don't mess it up. I will have info and vids for it later, but yea. xD.

Like i said, against a lot of characters it's safe, but not all. Snake can get to you, Falco on phantasm can hit you (obviously) + a select few others as well as people with a dacus. Overall it is a safe option. I will get it up after the weekend, as I am leaving my computer now for VC. Won't be back until Sunday. However, I will be roaming around on mobile, so I can talk about this further. I could be wrong, like everyone else, but from what I have tested with people it's a great option for the reasons I have listed above. TTyl guys.

PS: I AM going to get to those videos. I am just very busy XD.

Top Bottom