• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aura Malarkey in 3D .:. Lsgd

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
Well, yes. In a sense, you can look at it like that. I want you to keep in mind though that he actually attempts to further something, rather then sit here in the general chat and make silly comments all day about random stuff. Idk, I value effort, in almost any form. The fact that he actually goes out and does stuff just says something about him as a person.
if this was a jab at me, I'm ACTUALLY TRYING TO BE MORE PRODUCTIVE ON THIS BOARD because I WANT DAT DISCUSSION LEADER ;O

I've just forgotten to make threads, Imma do that now, thanks for reminding me.

its not like I post stupid **** [defined as bad advice, I know some of the jokes I make are stupid/bad AND MOST OF THE POSTS IN THE LsGD I MAKE ARE STUPID **** LOL]

IN terms of the data and all the other ****. I personally feel you should let him do him. I have said it before, and I will say it again. "No knowledge is bad knowledge"
I agree, let me share a qoute

Read, Read, Read everything, Trash, Classics, Good and Bad. And see how they do it.
Just like a Carpenter who works as an apprentice and studies Master, Read! if you'll absorb it. If it is good, you will find out. If its not, throw it out the window.
What really bothers me, is that when he brings something up, and suggests something, no one actually just tries it before saying something about it. Normally, everyone just speculates on it, thinks about it, and then concludes a explanation or a conclusion from that thought.
I will agree that most people do this. Speculate and write it down, and review it and try it now recently, even if it sounds ****ing stupid, like not teching G&W's downsmash, I actually found NOT teching G&W's dsmash is a legit mix-up since they don't have anything that kills guaranteed on it... except like uptilt at 200% or something, which in then it doesn't become a valid option anyway. by adding NO TECH to our options we get 8 options instead of 3.

A chart
Options VS G&W's Dthrow
Neutral Tech
Forward Tech
Back Tech
No tech
-Get-Up Attack
-Wait
-Forward get-up roll
-Back Get-up Roll
-buffer get-up

this makes us less easy to read then say VS Snake which instead of giving you the option to tech ALWAYS put you in the down'd animation [**** snakes gay]

[Qoute]Since when did thinking about something without actual reference, proof, or testing become something reliable? Honestly, all im saying is test ****, then knock it, and when I say test it, I really mean do it yourself. (Not directed to you, but in general)
oh I didn't read this part before writing the part that I got sorta angry because you were calling me out for being a more "Social and lazy and doesn't do **** lucario"

lol

not erasing it though

u guys should look out for a new DL, because I am most likely going to pass it to someone more suitable for it because I really don't feel like progressing discussion on this board lol.
Also, sorry for the late response. I don't check the general chat that often anymore. I do browse the board all the time however. Yo
Can you reccomend me for discussion leader? I'm actually starting to put more work then I normally did into this game because I REALLY WANNA GET BETTER [and maybe get ranked. that would be cool. probably]

This is the main reason I had trouble with the insults being thrown at him.

While some of the things like the rolling behind snake stuff is something I've tried and doesn't work practically. Other things like air walking and such I've worked a bit more because using dair out of hitstun is useful. Same with the 10% number for tornado, I've actually used that to remember and figure out when FCAS, MCAS, and BAS beat it out. I even took it a step further to remember when it beats out other moves like turnips, Link's non bomb projectiles, etc.

Trying to help the Lucario's is a lot better than doing nothing. I still had to respect what the people with insults were saying, some don't want newer Lucario's to get the wrong idea when they see some of this information and think it works. Some people also don't like it when he says it again, even after everyone agreed it doesn't work.

While I agree to call it out if it doesn't work, the insults still aren't needed.
yeah yeah what I said to RJ can basically be applied to this too.

I actually haven't been thinking about the 10% rule though lol. I GUESS I'll keep in mind but I'm ussually guesstimating when I'm throwing a not full charged sphere anyway.

WTF IS MCAS supposed to mean? :S Mid-Charge AS? even then thats confusing b/c it could also mean throwing an AS from the charging stance.

Goddamn you guys are going mad hard defending MTI.

can I still troll/lightly flame him anyway though?

its fun.

-und snake's uptilt

I don't recall you saying exactly how many.

just that we have advantage.

double posting because I know, at worse, ryu will be cool and will just merge posts.

I hope, it'll be a **** move if he does that, but infracts me afterward though. :(

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
As long as people don't get obnoxious with the double posts it's fine once and a while, this is a social thread I'm not going to be as infraction happy as I would elsewhere.

Yeah it's Mid charged Aura Sphere, I made the term up. :p

I'm not saying everyone is lazy, more so no one is really putting in the effort like he is on data, charts, etc. which I have used to figure out some key things. He has some major theory craft with the rolling behind snake stuff, but I think it's better to say, it doesn't work over some of the other comments, imo of course.

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
I'm just saying that he should stop making stupid posts.

its like how everyone hates on people for using emoticons on imageboards.

because the majority opinion is "YOU'RE A EMOTICON****** STOP USING THEM" they stop because its conflict that they obviously must give in to if they want to keep posting there.

I'm trying to apply this logic to getting MTI to stop making his full ****** posts.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Edit: Oh and its the 8% rule, not 10% rule. 10% Aura Spheres beat Nado.

Base Damage: - 13 for strong hitboxes, 12 for weak hitboxes.
Base Knockback – 37 for strong hitboxes, 2D for soft hitboxes
Knockback gain – All 5F
Weight Knockback – All 0
Hitbox comes out at frame - 6
First IASA Frame – N/A
Direction – 95 for strong hitboxes, 84 for soft hitboxes
Total frames - 38
Miscellaneous – This has a lot of hitboxes.(6) No wonder it has a lot of range.
Hitbox duration – 8 for strong hitboxes, 6 for soft hitboxes
Landing Lag -
Tripping rate(If any) – 0%
Hitlag multiplier – x1
SDI potential – x1
Lucario's roll takes 27 frames.

Fastest move we can do is 6 frames (including turnaround UTilt, with the turnaround taking at least one frame).

Fastest thing Snake can do to respond is a spot dodge where his invincibility starts on frame 2.

Snake's FTilt takes 4 frames to start and that is really the fastest attack he can do when behind him, so...

If he spot dodges you have 6 frames to do Jab/Grab (but its not too hard to buffer something out of roll, right?). Why would someone spot dodge right next to Lucario, anyway?

If he attacks you have 9 frames for Jab and 10 for Grab (lol, super armor).

Bear in mind I never said to constantly roll behind Snake when you know he tries to UTilt.

Are you humored? :p

Edit2: I believe I have said this data before.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Lee Martin mains MK.

Shippo, so all day pizza is worth spending over $100 for one day (since you have to travel from NJ)?

DusK-The-Stray

Smash Ace
That was back when Me and her dated.

We split up, I think I got steam in the divorce

She took the fine china.

Hmm, well, Indigo-Jeans was his original parent, but
due to joyridin' with Espy, Indy disowned Steam.

So you'll be his parent now? You'd get Shinja too, y'know.

ShippoFoxFire

Smash Lord
But he also plays the best Lucario in the world? Lee does actually use Lucario in tournaments. Remember Apex where he played Rain from Japan and lost match one with MK then won the next two with Lucario?
I believe Pierce and I convinced him to go Lucario after the manslaughter that was game 1.

FFFF Doublepost, please merge the 2 :3

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
At this point, Lee Martin be a MK main with a pocket Lucario.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
So guys, I have a tournament tomorrow. My second one actually. Just like the first one, I'm going straight Lucario. Al.ly and H.oly are going to be there. Any advice for the tournament?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Pray you don't get them in bracket. :troll:

But no, just don't panic...play super gay...you have 8 minutes each match, use every single second.

iRJi

Smash Champion
if this was a jab at me, I'm ACTUALLY TRYING TO BE MORE PRODUCTIVE ON THIS BOARD because I WANT DAT DISCUSSION LEADER ;O

I've just forgotten to make threads, Imma do that now, thanks for reminding me.

its not like I post stupid **** [defined as bad advice, I know some of the jokes I make are stupid/bad AND MOST OF THE POSTS IN THE LsGD I MAKE ARE STUPID **** LOL]

I agree, let me share a qoute

oh I didn't read this part before writing the part that I got sorta angry because you were calling me out for being a more "Social and lazy and doesn't do **** lucario"

lol

not erasing it though

Can you reccomend me for discussion leader? I'm actually starting to put more work then I normally did into this game because I REALLY WANNA GET BETTER [and maybe get ranked. that would be cool. probably]

yeah yeah what I said to RJ can basically be applied to this too.

I actually haven't been thinking about the 10% rule though lol. I GUESS I'll keep in mind but I'm ussually guesstimating when I'm throwing a not full charged sphere anyway.

WTF IS MCAS supposed to mean? :S Mid-Charge AS? even then thats confusing b/c it could also mean throwing an AS from the charging stance.

Goddamn you guys are going mad hard defending MTI.

can I still troll/lightly flame him anyway though?

its fun.

-und snake's uptilt

I don't recall you saying exactly how many.

just that we have advantage.

double posting because I know, at worse, ryu will be cool and will just merge posts.

I hope, it'll be a **** move if he does that, but infracts me afterward though. :(
First, Read everything before a response. If you would have done so, you would have seen that it was not a jab at you. When you catch it, it is best to actually delete little comments like that, so it does not bring up arguments and misleading emotions about what has been said.

Now for the 2nd.

Idk who I will recommend for DL. Phil is a DL still if I remember correctly, so a replacement might not be needed. However, if there is a need for one, I would have to pick carefully. As of right now, while I feel your effort to improve, I feel the end result has not fully developed yet for me to recommend you. I am just being honest about it. I will continue to look around the board though, and see who deserves it. I am ont saying I won't recommend you, but what I am saying is I feel as of right now no one deserves it yet. Phil is already one, and Ryu would have been my first choice, but he is a mod (Btw congrats, I never said it to you yet)

It's not about keeping discussion going, it is about starting it AND making sure it stays productive. That goes for anyone who wants to position.

Anyway, I will be off for now. Just remember I am watching still.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
So guys, I have a tournament tomorrow. My second one actually. Just like the first one, I'm going straight Lucario. Al.ly and H.oly are going to be there. Any advice for the tournament?
For MK, remember almost none of his moves clank with AS. If you're having problems with grounded SL, do a feigning SH then AD or wait in shield. Don't try to grab dsmash, always jab it instead. Don't punish fsmash when it comes out, like ever. When you're getting tornado'd, the instant the opponent lets off of your shield, roll to save your shield, you're usually fast enough for him to not catch your cooldown if you know how to do this properly, but if the MK knows to just hammer on you you're kinda screwed. Recovery-wise, mix it up, and if you're having problems getting SL gimped, AD and pass over him at the same time. Use fsmash to outzone his ftilt/dtilt.

For snake, be smart in the air, learn to use uthrow on him, it's pretty amazing. I almost never bthrow snake as a habit because we can't abuse his recovery like other people can imo, although you can sometimes get a AS on him if you're fast enough ala what Junebug does. Watch your habits in the air and on the ground, utilt will kill you if you don't. If the snake does a full ftilt on your shield he's playing the MU wrong.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I've got some MU experience against Snake, played Raidos' Snake in tourney. I find Norfair to be a pretty good CP against him, we can camp him pretty harshly and it's pretty easy to avoid the nades. Dealing with C4 is pretty much a matter of ignoring the platform it's on.

As to MK, is it safe to say it's pretty much a matter of taking my time, camping, and never going offstage?

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Wow I never thought of using Norfair, that's actually a nifty idea.

Plus you have sharking for the plats which your vulnerability in recovery is nullified by the fact that there's ledges everywhere.

Too bad this stage isn't allowed in my region.

On MK, yes, pretty much camp and be patient is the key here.

Top Bottom