• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aura's Monthlies: on hiatus

Euclid

Smash Journeyman
I mean, I only played him twice so I don't really know for sure, but he feels like he has sick potential. Feels like he's gonna be a combo machine because of the trajectory of his moves in combination with his ****** speed. I don't know any of Sonic's advanced techniques in Brawl which might be necessary to play him to his fullest potential though -_- I'll nerd some Sonic later today and see if I can get something going though :')

But sidiously, I think his Nair is usable now and with a wavedash, spacing his moves is almost too easy. The only thing about him that sucks is his UpB which is okay since he might be broke if it was the same as Brawl.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
So yeah Lucas is now good in Project M and I enjoy playing him with his new changes.

Trent

Smash Champion
I've already seen that video, but if I can randomly say "You're too slow!" and keep going, it's already been decided that I'm playing Project M.

resTy

Smash Champion
Here's my impressions of all the characters thus far:

Fox- He's like an easier version of Melee's Fox. His Nair-Shine pressure is significantly easier. He feels kind of different because of the Brawl graphics and all that crap though. It takes getting used to and his moves feel different than in Melee but they produce similar results as before. He's a pretty good character still IMO.

Falco - Like Fox, his Dair-Shine pressure is significantly easier and it feels like his shine is a 1 frame now. He doesn't feel as broken as in Melee but he has the same feel as Melee Falco. His Dair feels like it doesn't have as big of a hitbox as in Melee. In Melee is was pretty much Falco plus 1-2 feet of air surrounding his body.

Jiggz - I don't think her Bair has as much priority as before but who knows. She's not as good as Melee's Jiggz though. WoP is so free in P:M.

Sheik - Is not as good as Melee's Sheik but still pretty decent. Her Dtilt is decent now and sets up for random stuff. Everything else is the same as Melee pretty much, but she's just not as good vs. these Brawl counterparts for some reason. It's hard to explain.

Marth - Feels exactly the same as Melee. I think this is the most successful character so far.

Falcon - It's easier to lose control of him in this version. The way his Knee hits is really awkward compared to Melee. The hit feels weak as hell when you actually connect it but it's actually really strong in the game. It feels really light on the hands. He's pretty similar to Melee though.

Ganon - He's weird. I didn't play him much but I don't like him. I'll test him out more next time.

Mario - He's like a worse version of Melee's Mario because things that always work in Melee don't work for him here. He is still somewhat able to combo heavy though. His Dsmash feels exactly like Melee's which I like. His Uair is worse than in Melee though. Short hop -> Uair doesn't hit from yonder anymore.

Link - I didn't play with him at all but he's better than Melee's Link. His moves have random trajectory and his Dair is significantly more powerful. It feels like you're getting hit with a Fox Usmash. When he gets hit, he's just as bad as getting away as he was in Melee though. He's combo food.

Zelda - Is also better than Melee's Zelda; not better than Cosmo's Zelda though. Her dash attack is OP and her fireballs are weird now. Fireball edgeguard seems really awesome since fireballs sit wherever you place them now and explode a few seconds later. Think Samus' bombs. Her Bair and Fair hit like Falcon's knee also where it feels light as a feather when you use the move but the other character get sent a distance for some reason. It's a weird feeling.

G&W - He's better because it's Brawl but he doesn't feel as good as Melee's G&W. He's a bad character.

Snake - Snake seems so sick. His Nair is pretty cool now since it's a 3 hit and it feels nice. His Fair is like DK's Fair in Melee. His Bair is awesome because you can Lcancel it now. Spacing Bair on shield is scary. Dair is pretty good also. First hit of Ftilt spikes. Jabs are still amazing but don't hit as hard, thankfully. C4 is broken because you can combo into it; not really broken but it is def a good guaranteed finisher now. I didn't use any Smash moves so I don't know about those. Overall, he seems pretty cool and he actually feels like a Melee character.

Sonic - Since he has a dash dance now, he's easier to control IMO. He's so fast that you can run in and out of people with Bairs and Nairs and stuff. He just feels like he can do a lot of safe things. He has a clunky wavedash but once you get the timing it's pretty nice. All his moves have nice setups for other moves, plus his speed will let you do things that are ******** sometimes lol. Fsmash is faster. Didn't use other Smash moves unfortunately but I'll test it out next time. UpB is bad. It reminds me of Brawl Link's UpB where you don't go hardly nowhere except Sonic still goes really high up. Didn't use any B moves since I don't know how. I only did bare basics and he felt good so I think he can be a good character if you use him to the fullest.

Lucas - No one used him enough. No info on this guy.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Remember when Shanus popped into the Omaha thread and Tyser just kept talking about how P:M was a bad game?...aha...

Poor guy.

The game is getting so much random publicity right now from gaming news sites. Gaming journalism is obviously the worst of its kind too lol.

ShermantheTank

Smash Journeyman
snip about Project M
So I was messing around this morning, working on tech skill stuff, and I'm 99% certain that Wavedashing in Project M is EASIER than Melee, at least with Sheik.

It seems as though the Project M air-dodge is longer than Melee's and, because of this, you can air dodge into the ground from further away. This means that, rather than having to air dodge immediately after leaving the ground, you can air dodge from a pretty considerable distance in the air and still have it cancel. You can actually get more distance by doing this, since you get the distance from the air dodge AND the wave dash (when it finally connects).

Of course, I might just be crazy. It's been a while since I've practiced Melee, so if one of the Melee kids could back me up on this, it'd be appreciated.

Edit: I also want to point out that there is no "light press" for shield in Project M. This means that, even a very slight press will activate the "full" shield, and that air dodge inputs and the like will actually register before you think they're going to register. This could somehow have an effect on my perceptions, too.

In any event, Project M looks like a ton of fun so far.

resTy

Smash Champion
Sounds like you're describing a triangle jump. In Melee, that's pretty much messing up a wavedash.
You can potentially go the same distance as a wavedash but the movement is overall slower.
If your character actually left the ground while attempting a wavedash, your timing was off.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Would like to point out the irony of people accusing someone of Tyranny one day and then the same accusers make a major decision without asking the communities input about it. The will of 1 (or 2) is not greater than those of the entire scene.

Though I do find it hilarious that the NPR gets closed over the stupidest bits of drama or people having fun. I got 3 text messages from people today while I was at work telling me about this so obviously someone cares.

resTy

Smash Champion
I agree. I'm just a boss whose usually correct is all :') And lol @ text messages. People be mad.

And for the record, it was implied that the thread was meaningless. Just look at the posts... Having it shut down shouldn't come to any surprise. It came down to two people, yes but the guy in charge didn't know how to do his job and the community refused to do anything productive with it; saying it's for fun and it doesn't matter. People asked for it without asking for it. That's truth.

ShermantheTank

Smash Journeyman
Sounds like you're describing a triangle jump. In Melee, that's pretty much messing up a wavedash.
You can potentially go the same distance as a wavedash but the movement is overall slower.
If your character actually left the ground while attempting a wavedash, your timing was off.
Well, I was seeing three things:

1) Correct wavedashes that were EASIER to perform than Melee. (Read: I pulled them off more often than I do in Melee)

2) A triangle jump, as you described it, but a wavedash performed after landing, sending Sheik twice as far. (Very few of these)

3) Triangle jumps as you described them.

So I think you might be able to triangle jump and still pull off a wavedash for tons of distance? Either way, thanks for the clarifiction, I figured at least part of that was me messing up.

Though I do find it hilarious that the NPR gets closed over the stupidest bits of drama or people having fun. I got 3 text messages from people today while I was at work telling me about this so obviously someone cares.
For the record, I only texted you because I thought it was funny as hell.

People asked for it without asking for it. That's truth.
I would've asked for it, but I knew that posting insulting messages would accomplished it sooner.

If Nebraska wants to get good at Brawl, I fully welcome them, and I will respect that. But I don't want to get good at Brawl, and from what I've seen the only person who takes it remotely serious anymore is Rob. I'm sorry Trent, but I've heard of you quitting like four times in the past six months, and that means I don't think you take it seriously. If you are taking it seriously again, feel free to prove me wrong.

So, I will support a PR when there is a reason to have a PR. I hope you guys accomplish it, and I hope you love every minute of it, but if all the PR is is is some stupid bit of trolling/elitism, then it doesn't deserve to exist.

With that said, Brawl is a decent game. It's not terribly horrible, and it's not incredibly good, it's just some meh game, like 90% of games out there. The main point is to have fun, and all I ever saw around the PR was a bunch of stupid drama. Stupid drama is not fun for me, unless it's incredibly sarcastic, but somehow I wasn't getting that vibe. I'm glad the PR is gone, it was entirely too distracting from what really mattered: having fun playing fun games with fun people.

Ok I'm done being serious. I'd be down for games sometime within the next week, Tuesday would probably work best for me. Get at me.

Edit: Grammar checked. This is why I shouldn't post after incredibly long days.

Trent

Smash Champion
lul, I've only said I quit once and was serious about it. The other times were a joke.

I'm going to Texas for WHOBO3, so.. hope that's serious enough for you. :laugh:

ShermantheTank

Smash Journeyman
I trying to get serious at the game it's just hard.
Get your license. No offense, but it's a pain in the *** to have to haul you around. And if you are actually serious about wanting to get good at this game, having your own transportation so you can show up to Smashfests should be a major priority.

lul, I've only said I quit once and was serious about it. The other times were a joke.

I'm going to Texas for WHOBO3, so.. hope that's serious enough for you. :laugh:
Cool man, I hope you enjoy every second of it.

resTy

Smash Champion
I've heard of you quitting like four times in the past six months, and that means I don't think you take it seriously. If you are taking it seriously again, feel free to prove me wrong.
I quit Melee at least 20 times now and people know I'm still a champ :')

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Dan you know, even though I am an elitist, I hate elitism, and that's what it has been, I tried to change it but everything has to be mock serious. More bits of Irony, I'm the only one who was taking brawl seriously, yet wanted a silly PR, people who don't care about brawl care more about the PR being professional. The world is pretty godamned interesting.

Also, in case you didn't hear, robbery is the new thing, so be sure and steal from everyone you know and especially those you don't know.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
generalizations=internet

You drove to Kansas during a "blizzard" so yeah, you belong on that list. Plus we took care of the NPR issue.

Edit: Also, GameGenie, I agree with dan a lot on the issue of your effort to attend stuff. You already have the hard part taken care of. A CAR. Getting your license is fooking easy dude so you're kinda outta luck on the excuses. If necessary I'd drive you to the DMV sometime so you can start the vehicular homicide spree I can imagine your driving would manifest into.

BPx

Smash Lord
Blank are you riding in our car too? Also, are we staying with Tyser or Dan? Would appreciate either one :D

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
I might, I dunno how much room you guys have and who else wants to go. I'd just be tagging along if I did, but considering Tyser and Uli won't be there I don't really know. ^^;

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
So long as he keeps on topic and doesn't turn it into a social, I don't see a problem. I honestly think if we are talking strictly about brawl that he's one of the best players our state has.

Edit: damnit, I had something to say before I saw these posts.

What games are we doing for this?

Brawl? Doubles? Melee? Doubles? P:M? Doubles? B-? Doubles? 64? MVC3? Low Tiers?

Trying to generate interest from Kansas atm.

I think since Dan is likely gonna be hosting Iowa we could move their if we need to finish anything up.

AuraStUrm

Smash Journeyman
If there's enough people interested in Brawl Doubles, we'll start with those, then move on to singles, and I was thinking we could set up Project M and MVC3 near the end of singles. Don't think we'll have tournaments for those, just friendlies.

THuGz

Smash Lord
So as a fundraiser for one of the activities I'm in, one of the people in my team decided it would be a good idea to throw a brawl tournament, and I was like lololol, and I'm pretty sure we can invite people from outside of the school, so I was wondering if I should take the opportunity to run a decent sized tourney with the promise of a bunch of casuals

Top Bottom