• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AWYP: Art With Your Power #5 -Winners will be announced 2034-

I was so mad that I thought I missed this.

Then I found out there was an extension, and now I'm excited again. I already have a couple of ideas in my head, I hope I have enough time for this.

Anjila

Smash Cadet
Dudes, thanks so much for the extension. This was actually done last Thursday night, but I had work on Friday and then a Brawl tournament afterwards! I didn't get home 'til too late that night.

Sweet Adversity

Description
So! I've recently made a goal for myself to drastically cut my sugar consumption in an attempt to live a healthier lifestyle. That, and diabetes runs in my family. But I have a massive sweet tooth, so it has been fairly difficult to resist the temptation! The giant candy dragon and his cupcake mountain home is the embodiment of this temptation, and while all odds seem against this knight and his trusty carrot sword, health foods shall prevail!

Mediums used: Paint Tool SAI, Photoshop 7, pencil and paper
Time spent: idk, maybe about 3 hours in total?
References used: None

WIP 1 - Sketched out the dragon's head while on break at work, scanned it at home, sketched the rest in Photoshop.
WIP 2 - Added the inks. The blurred portion was not actually blurred at this time :B Forgot to take a screenshot!
WIP 3 - Added (most of) the flat colors to the characters.
Then added shading, the background, additional details, etc.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Well, my sister is kind of obsessed with your picture xD It's kinda really hilarious.

But i feel myself getting cavities just looking at it!

Dimitris

Smash Ace
Do I have to include a description of how I made mine, like the others do? Cause I just drew...

Anjila: real cool!

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Do I have to include a description of how I made mine, like the others do? Cause I just drew...
Yeah, maybe just add really quick what type of pencils/markers you used, your process for drawing it, etc. Doesn't have to be lengthy.

Geist

Smash Master
i was going to enter last minute. then i saw geist's and anjila's entrys and said screw it
:[
Aw come on, it won't to do any harm to just enter. This is just for fun, and the judge critiques can help you improve your skills.
QQ

Do it for the unicorns

Anjila

Smash Cadet
i was going to enter last minute. then i saw geist's and anjila's entrys and said screw it

anjila's entry is like...
cream on the inside
cream on the outside
like an ice cream paint job [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GE2vB3KlBTg]

nice, and nice deviantart too
its like staring into a whimsical vortex of fruitloops
D'oh, the last thing I'd ever want to do is to discourage somebody :urg: Like Geist said, it's all in good fun. I'd like to see what you can whip up!

Also, that has gotta be one of the greatest descriptions of my art I've seen xD Thanks!

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Come on, dudes.

Deadline is Saturday. I will not extend it a second time.

I want to see some creativity!

Fried Ice Cream

Smash Ace
Not gonna make it before saturday, because I only just stumbled on this. I might submit something after the deadline =P

Could you explain a bit what you mean with nemesis? I sort of know what it means, but my vocab is lacking.

Geist

Smash Master
Nah you got this. It only took me more or less a single sitting period's worth of work to whip out mine.

Nemesis could be a personal battle, an arch enemy, a rival - generally some form of conflict, be it personal or metaphorical.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Just gotta take shots of my piece. I realize I don't have progress pics, but I do have the plate?

Does that not work?

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
As a judge, I wouldnt have a problem with it since I know your work, Meno
But idk about ze others

Fried Ice Cream

Smash Ace
=( I'm at a lack of skill of inspiration and lack of skill, which is pretty demotivating, especially compared to the others.

I really love the entries everyone has, Geist's entry is pretty breath-taking!

Neon Ness

Just gotta take shots of my piece. I realize I don't have progress pics, but I do have the plate?

Does that not work?
Yeah, just do what you can to show some evidence of progress.

It's probably not a huge deal in this case, like nothing that'd get you disqualified or anything but it's just preferred that people have gradual documentation of entries.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Alright, well here is my piece regardless.

"Persuasive Argument"

It's a linocut, aka linoleum cut, done entirely with a knife. It's the trickiest of the tools since you have to carve twice to get a single line. For this piece I tried to go out of my comfort zone, fitting to the prompt, and attempted a dirty sketchy style with figures. I can barely draw, let alone people, so carving this risque image out of a difficult medium seemed especially challenging.

The image is of a faun creature thing licking the side of the face of another dude. The plate image might make the image easier to make out.

Plate
Plate Detail 1
Plate Detail 2

Also, while writing this I just found two "progress prints", which is the guy before I added the horns. I no longer have a camera though, but if there's serious concern of legitimacy I can bring those up.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Nice choice of media, meno.

ALSO - reminding y'all the deadline is tonight.

:bee:

global-wolf

Smash Champion
I am the worst procrastinator on earth. xD

The Conqueror

Medium: Digital (paint tool SAI)

Description:
So, when I get bored I want to eat. And I tell myself not to eat but the food is so tempting and sweet and rich and I give in and eat it anyway. But the whole time I feel guilty and worry about getting fat. This girl conquered the desire to eat unhealthy foods, and is skinny just like all the girls in the media.

Process:
I first scribbled out a basic sketch, then put flat colors on top on the same layer. I then added shading. I added another layer and painted the girl on it. After that was done, I created a background on a new layer.

I forgot to take WIP shots x____x Here is an earlier WIP though:

And a screenshot of the workspace:

Good luck to all. :D

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Ffff now I have to actually do workkkkk xD
Good luck everyone :) Everyone here has soo much talent! Much love!

Welp, time to start judgin'.

Neon Ness

Yo.

I love all of these entries.

Judging's gonna be harrrrddd. :glare:

Neon Ness

Yeah, I think Yink took some time off to make sure she could focus on studying for finals.

Perhaps in the interest of time we should judge with just us 4? Not sure how long she plans on being away.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Sounds good to me. I'm sure we could get things done still.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Yink was wondering if she could have her stuff in on Monday

And mine might take a few days. Last week of classes and studying for finals atm

I'll take some time to work on judging, but it might be a few days.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Meno you know these things are never on time :p

-is excited that she gets to be part of the waiting game now <3-

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I tried to encourage some quick work.

I apologize for it taking so long. :|

Top Bottom