• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

B.A.M.F Remix - **POSTPONED**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Why wouldn't you just use the venue you get for this one at all the other BAMF:R's? Gamer's Gauntlet is further away than anything in WB for probably 90% of the people who will be attending this.
Well, right now I'm literally scrambling for a venue and my main priority is get one. BAMF: R2 isn't going to happen till late June or July so I have time to search by then. From what Dogma told me, The Gamer's Gauntlet was very enthusiastic about us hosting their. I wanna give them a shot because it looks legit as hell.

LOE1

Smash Lord
i should tell you, im going to guess alot of people wont come, probebly including me, if its at the GG. i would still try to make it closer.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
So basically:

If you host at Gamer's Gauntlet next weekend, no one is going to show because of the distance. On top of that they're hosting a giant Fagic the Gathering tournament (yeah **** you Kyle :denzel:) which will probbly take priority over a small Brawl tourney. And space would be reduced anyway. Sounds like a no go to me.

If you host any of other weekend, you would be creating competition between the other TO hosting and that would make you a ****. I wouldn't go to anyones event who did that.

So basically you have to find a new venue in the same area..in a week.

Ori, no offense but this is trademark of you. The only reason you even looked into GG is because of a friend. You had ample time to go venue hunting and now you're in this stupid situation. I know you tried emailing the church but have you physically gone up there or contacted someone who works there? Aside from that,knowing the tentativeness of each of your go to venues you should have prepared for this BEFORE you announced a date. People take work off for these events. You owe it to your attendees to have your **** straight or at least have a surefire backup. Its not fair to anyone.

I don't even wanna go to this because this is entirely reminiscent of how your tournaments are ran. You do barely any work and then someone else either picks up your slack or things are just run poorly. The blatant lack of planning and urgency on your end is likely a preview of what's in store for next weekend. Its dumb. You've been TOing longer than I have, I shouldn't have to tell you all this. I feel like if I go its just gonna be a repeat of BAMF 1 to 3 of last year. And if I feel like I have to get involved, id rather just not attend altogether.

Aside from that its Memorial Day weekend and Movement 2012 is that weekend. Seems like a lot less work. I might just do that.

Kalle, none of this is meant to be personal or anything. But seriously dude, get your **** together. I'm tired of mediocre events. I REALLY hope you find something. You may need to postpone. Just get it together. PEOPLE PAY ATTENTION TO THIS KIND OF STUFF AND IT CAN AFFECT YOUR CREDIBILITY.

If you need help in someway lemme know. I'll see what I can do. As a friend I don't want your event to fail. But you gotta step it up and put in the work.

Xatic

Smash Lord
From what I was hearing earlier. Him and Boxxy are trying to get the small church that Boxxy used to host his tournies in a few years back up in Waterford.

Again I know nothing of whats set in stone, so I guess we'll see.

Just an update to my understanding of the situation.

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
Wow at all the gg hate. Loe1 you do realize aa is further away from you than gg correct? Juggleguy, i already stated this earlier but are you seriously not considering driving an extra 20 mins? Lol

I talked to the owner on my own today he seems very interested and would be willing to help out. If ori aint going to use it as a venue then i will for future events. However if i do host i need people willing to drive oit there since everyone thinks it is too far. Any south east michigan player saying it is too far that is bs if you attend aa events.

:phone:

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
There's a point where driving to a local just isn't worth it. What if the tournament was at New Baltimore? Just another 20 mins, right? You could just keep saying this until you draw the line, and for a local without Moose Duck or Shady in attendance, I'm drawing the line at West Bloomfield.

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
There's a point where driving to a local just isn't worth it. What if the tournament was at New Baltimore? Just another 20 mins, right? You could just keep saying this until you draw the line, and for a local without Moose Duck or Shady in attendance, I'm drawing the line at West Bloomfield.

L ol.

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
what's everyone's average drive time to go to locals? JCav, JKBUK and I, come about an hour and a half to events. As Gifts has said, i can agree with what he said. I talked to him on wednesday and he would be excited to have tourneys their. their is pretty much going to be no problem at GG. There us literally everything any TO would want, and every player would want. there's always people who have to drive far to events.

@Gifts if you have tourneys @GG you can count JCav JKBUK and I to come for sure.

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
what's everyone's average drive time to go to locals? JCav, JKBUK and I, come about an hour and a half to events. As Gifts has said, i can agree with what he said. I talked to him on wednesday and he would be excited to have tourneys their. their is pretty much going to be no problem at GG. There us literally everything any TO would want, and every player would want. there's always people who have to drive far to events.

@Gifts if you have tourneys @GG you can count JCav JKBUK and I to come for sure.
It takes me about an hour to get to Tech's house and then from there tournaments range from 30 mins - 60 mins away. When I go to aa tournaments I usually have to drive 2+ hours after dropping people off and such.

I will definitely let you know in person when Tournaments will be since I see you on a weekly bases (or more) now haha.

JTsm

Smash Master
SO much Grime needs to be reported on here. So ****ing ridiculous. Shame on all of you.

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
This is on Memorial Day weekend, so if this is farther than WB, then I can't go.

Gifts, some people aren't willing to drive 40+ min to a tourney anymore. There are people like me who are getting tired to go 40+ min to AA and wants to go somewhere closer. And when they are finally going to get a tourney that is closer to them, the TO announces that it's going to be moved to a location that's just as far as AA? Like, wtf?! I would be pissed.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
SO much Grime needs to be reported on here. So ****ing ridiculous. Shame on all of you.
This on so many levels. I've pretty much decided this will be postponed even if Boxxy's church does pull through. (That venue is 20 minutes north of me so people would be dipping regardless right?) For now The true date will be July sometime. I'll have word on exact day later maybe. Till then, can a mod either lock this thread (Until I get the clear) or can a mod just start infracting people who bring up bull****.

Sparta Kick

Smash Ace
Wowww... people complaining about 40 minutes? Really? I go to Tech's house so I can carpool and get to AA in 40 minutes. smh.

Dre the Ace

Smash Ace
This on so many levels. I've pretty much decided this will be postponed even if Boxxy's church does pull through. (That venue is 20 minutes north of me so people would be dipping regardless right?) For now The true date will be July sometime. I'll have word on exact day later maybe. Till then, can a mod either lock this thread (Until I get the clear) or can a mod just start infracting people who bring up bull****.
How about we not set an exact date until you get a venue confirmed. That's how you got into this whole mess in the first place, am I right?

And besides, don't hate on people who are dipping out all of the sudden. You set a date for a tournament you didn't even have a venue confirmed yet. It's now a week before your set date and you still don't have one. I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but you don't have anyone else to blame but yourself.

zyth

Smash Lord
everyones *****in about an extra 20 mins....so much freeness.

It really isnt Oris fault that there isnt a venue. he had one set up, but **** happened and it fell apart, so he tried to get another venue that could host this same day, but there were complications no matter where he looked. not his fault. then he says he finds a venue but its around the same distance as goin from SEMI to AA and ppl start *****in. lol the grime that has been commited. shame on all of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom