• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Hey guys, is the Retro Amiibo 3-Pack Rare?

Because I found 6 at my local Game Stop on my first try.
View attachment 79762
Yes, I am bragging.
You just reminded me how hard it is to get those in America, it's easier to get them here. I had to look for so darn long to get my brother a Ike and a Marth amiibo for his birthday in the U.S.A., but now that I'm in Germany, I've seen like 5 of both at nearly every store that has amiibos. Which is super annoying because, if America had stock like that I wouldn't have to waste 5 hours of my time and shill over extra money for an import :glare:, really makes me wonder what's up with that, like, why would they give Germany so many amiibos but America is given not enough? I don't get it? :confused:

Last edited:

Furret24

Smash Master
You just reminded me how hard it is to get those in America, it's easier to get them here. I had to look for so darn long to get my brother a Ike and a Marth amiibo for his birthday in the U.S.A., but now that I'm in Germany, I've seen like 5 of both at nearly every store that has amiibos:glare:. Which is super annoying because, if America had stock like that I wouldn't have to waste 5 hours of my time and shill over extra money for an import, really makes me wonder what's up with that, like, why would they give Germany so many amiibos but America is given not enough? I don't get it? :confused:
Maybe Germany doesn't have as much demand for amiibos.

That's all I got. :/

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Don't worry I asked Doctor Mario, he's got the solution. He said to take some pills, I tried to tell him it wasn't a illness but then he told me some great advice, he said if you lob enough pills at any problem it will go away eventually regardless of what it is, so as long as you take a boatload of pills you should be fine. :4drmario:

Where is my Nintendo Deerect?
Nintendo's scheduled for quarter earnings next week and their probably going to reveal some mobile title next week, so hopefully we'll be getting one next week.

Day day.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492

View attachment 79762
Yes, I am bragging.

EDIT: Here's my entire amiibo collection.
View attachment 79763
Not particularly rare, no. At least not compared to some other certain amiibo... But congratulations on getting Game & Watch. I hope Roy comes out soon.

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
I don't get it.
Here's the story:
Our family was at a corn maze that had 14 checkpoints in it. After searching the whole maze, the only checkpoint we couldn't find was checkpoint 11, which turned out to technically not exist because the sign for it didn't exist (Or went missing). Since it didn't exist, our family started making jokes about things that don't exist being there (I.e.: Elvis Presley has been at Checkpoint 11 since 1977, The Nintendo Direct Is at Checkpoint 11, etc.).

Feel free to use the joke as well.
:4lucas:

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
There are some things I'm kinda glad to not be a fan of. Popular TV shows are one of them. I'n the kind of person who REALLY gets into something, but with some things, it would be a huge effort. This may have been a subtle factor in me choosing the Kirby series to be a fan of. Of course the downside of this is that I can't physically talk to anyone about, because I only know one guy who has played any Kirby games (and they have only played one of them.) Another guy knows a bit about the series, but hasn't played a single game in the series (and yet they know who Zero is, even though this boss is barely mentioned outside Dream Land 3).

:233::kirby:

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I feel like the only person without a real-life nickname. Over the internet, I'm D-Man. In real-life, I'm just (real name)
Don't worry, I don't have one, either. :p

Man, you guys don't know what a tall Adeleine looks like, that isn't tall at all :p.
View attachment 79707
This is what happens when I get too bored
I laughed so hard at this. Thanks for the laugh. :laugh:

Also, random question, but, how would you guys react if we got Bandana Dee, but, he was the only DLC character and we got noone else?
I would be disappointed. As you guys know, Bandana Waddle Dee is my second ballot pick, with the first being King K. Rool. With K. Rool having been facing being blotted out by the oft-rumoured Miyamoto-bias and lost to time entirely, with grass-roots fan-demand alone being what's bringing him back from the brink, I wouldn't be happy to see Bandana Dee alone, when Bandana Dee is in no such "danger".

It isn't, no - it's the first example of how long it takes to increase production lines (when they promised they would, this is the first run that it was going to affect), and they made more than enough to meet demand. Even small stores in the US were getting allocations of 32 to 64 units or so. (And yes, I know that I have no real reason to know that, but that's just how sharp on merchandise info I am! :laugh:)

EDIT: Here's my entire amiibo collection.
View attachment 79763
Congratulations on getting these, and especially on getting Mr. Game & Watch!

Now for my customary question when folks get new Amiibo: Any plans for AI names? ;)

You just reminded me how hard it is to get those in America, it's easier to get them here. I had to look for so darn long to get my brother a Ike and a Marth amiibo for his birthday in the U.S.A., but now that I'm in Germany, I've seen like 5 of both at nearly every store that has amiibos. Which is super annoying because, if America had stock like that I wouldn't have to waste 5 hours of my time and shill over extra money for an import :glare:, really makes me wonder what's up with that, like, why would they give Germany so many amiibos but America is given not enough? I don't get it? :confused:
Maybe Germany doesn't have as much demand for amiibos.

That's all I got. :/
It is a combination of two factors, and Furret24 Furret24 has hit on one of them.

The first factor is that, back in the old days, arcades in Germany were age-restricted - kids weren't allowed in them. Bear in mind that home versions of arcade games were the driving force behind home video game consoles for the longest time (maybe some of you guys here can still remember that, too?). The bans resulted in the home-console market never really taking off in Germany, because there was no demand to play the arcade games at home. Instead, the market for the home microcomputers took the lead, leading to Germany's games market being largely PC-gaming centred now.

The second factor is that Nintendo of Europe is based in Germany, and they've always been well-known for being... very generous with stock allocations for Germany, to an unnecessary degree considering the first factor. When Europe was used as the testing ground for what eventually became Club Nintendo, which as we all know was also made available to Japan and North America later on, NoE, during their bad old days, rightfully got a lot of flack for restricting most of the stock for reward items (most notably the reward-only The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Master Quest disc for the GameCube) to Germany, and making them available during hours convenient only for Germany. Whilst they're no longer notorious and chided for this, they do still do this with retail stock to a degree, which is what Zerp Zerp is witnessing first-hand.

Last edited:

D-Man9293

Smash Ace
On the talk of amiibo, my collection includes 1 Ike amiibo, and no others. I hope to get all Fire Emblem amiibos EVENTUALLY for Code Name STEAM, the Mii 3-Pack, the Retro 3-Pack, JUST FOR G&W JSYK, and a Yarn Yoshi.

EDIT: And a Bandana Dee.

Last edited:

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
Congratulations on getting these, and especially on getting Mr. Game & Watch!

Now for my customary question when folks get new Amiibo: Any plans for AI names? ;)
Hey... you never asked me that question when I got Mewtwo yesterday.
I think Kirby is my only amiibo with an original name (i.e not based off their name or referring to other characters), and even then, said name would benefit Jigglypuff way more. My list of amiibo, costume & name:

Kirby- Yellow - PowerPuff (originally wanted to call it Twinkle Popopo, character limit forced my hand.)
Dedede- Monochrome - Dededoo
Meta Knight - Galacta Knight - Galacta
Pikachu - Goggles - Pika!
Jigglypuff - Sleep Hat - Jiggs
Charizard - Orange - Charla
Lucario - Dark Purple (Skin 8) - Dusty (props to whoever gets that reference)
Greninja - Red - Nerf Bait*
Mewtwo - Orange - Real Clone*

* I was really struggling for names.

:233:

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Argh! You're right, I didn't. I have no idea how I missed that - I'm sorry! :c

I think Kirby is my only amiibo with an original name (i.e not based off their name or referring to other characters), and even then, said name would benefit Jigglypuff way more. My list of amiibo, costume & name:

Kirby- Yellow - PowerPuff (originally wanted to call it Twinkle Popopo, character limit forced my hand.)

I sadly don't get the Dusty reference so I'll be getting no props. :laugh: Why didn't you simply call your Kirby Popopo, though? That would've fit. :)

There are some odd references in my collection, too. Wafers (Pac-Man), Super Mary (Classic Colours Anniversary Mario), and Kirbster (Kirby), in particular, spring readily to mind.

Wafers comes from the excuse made for why the Pac-Dots in the Atari 2600 version of Pac-Man were lines instead of dots - they renamed them "Video Wafers".

Super Mary is a name that's been used to refer to Mario in bootleg video games for decades.

And Kirbster is the special one. Kirbster is a contraction of "Kirbmeister", which wouldn't fit due to the ten-character limit on Amibo names (it's one letter too long!). Kirbmeister was the nickname used for Kirby by what was then known as Nintendo Magazine System (this was the name of the UK's official Nintendo magazine from its launch until around, I believe, 1998 or so), and I saw it often during my following of Kirby Super Deluxe's progress via the games magazines of the day. When I got my Kirby Amiibo, I knew that the only name I could possibly give him was this, as it's so closely connected to why I still love the Kirby series today, almost two decades on. :)

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
My Mario's named Mario X, after the optional boss in Bowser's Inside Story, Luigi's named Thunder, for obvious reasons, Jigglypuff is Lord Puff, when I get Dr. Mario he's gonna be CVS, Rosalina'll be Dolphin, (Space Dolphin won't fit) and Roy will be T3H Ph1R3.

D

Deleted member

I didn't know Mewtwo was out yet! I'll think about getting him, but I've already spent a lot on imports (Gekkouga and Lucario). Even though I've seen a few Greninja amiibo in the last week, I'm ok with it since I like having something foreign and Gekkouga > Greninja. Although I did move and the new Best Buy/Target that are next to each other are stacked with :4marth::4littlemac::4drmario::4pacman: :4fox::4greninja::4shulk::4zss::4falcon:and:4darkpit:. Still haven't found the Meta Knight I want though... :(

Anyway my amiibo are:
:4lucario:: Default, Sir Aaron
:4greninja:: Default, TiME
:4pikachu:: Party Hat, Pimpachu
:4diddy:: Purple, Hoo-Hah
:4dk:: White, Eddie
:4mario:: Default, Marlio
:4kirby:: Default, Kirbeh
:4pacman:: Yellow, Abadango (almost called him Whackman)
:4luigi:: Pink, Snarf
and Yarn :4yoshi:: Red, aMSa

Also Shadow Keebey Shadow Keebey might like this song, judging by your location and avatar ;)

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
Argh! You're right, I didn't. I have no idea how I missed that - I'm sorry! :c

I sadly don't get the Dusty reference so I'll be getting no props. :laugh: Why didn't you simply call your Kirby Popopo, though? That would've fit. :)

There are some odd references in my collection, too. Wafers (Pac-Man), Super Mary (Classic Colours Anniversary Mario), and Kirbster (Kirby), in particular, spring readily to mind.

Wafers comes from the excuse made for why the Pac-Dots in the Atari 2600 version of Pac-Man were lines instead of dots - they renamed them "Video Wafers".

Super Mary is a name that's been used to refer to Mario in bootleg video games for decades.

And Kirbster is the special one. Kirbster is a contraction of "Kirbmeister", which wouldn't fit due to the ten-character limit on Amibo names (it's one letter too long!). Kirbmeister was the nickname used for Kirby by what was then known as Nintendo Magazine System (this was the name of the UK's official Nintendo magazine from its launch until around, I believe, 1998 or so), and I saw it often during my following of Kirby Super Deluxe's progress via the games magazines of the day. When I got my Kirby Amiibo, I knew that the only name I could possibly give him was this, as it's so closely connected to why I still love the Kirby series today, almost two decades on. :)
The reference is to do with a Pokemon game on the Wii, and the name is kind of obscure. When I was naming Kirby originally, I miscounted TwinklePopo (no space) as being 10 letters. I had to think fast and so, PowerPuff was created. Ironically, calling him solely Popopo didn't occur to me at the time. If I could think of better names for Mewtwo and Greninja I would take them (wouldn't it be funny to use Greninja's Pink costume and call it Mewtwo?).

Fun fact: I actually have a tenth amiibo that I almost never talk about, mainly because I forgot that I preordered it when I did. I thought "Hey, this will be out of stock soon, wouldn't it be funny to get it just for the rarity?" I then promptly forgot until I got home from school one day and saw the package on my couch (it actually arrived 4 days early. How strange) . I thought "Well, probably gonna use this secretly".

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I didn't know Mewtwo was out yet! I'll think about getting him, but I've already spent a lot on imports (Gekkouga and Lucario). Even though I've seen a few Greninja amiibo in the last week, I'm ok with it since I like having something foreign and Gekkouga > Greninja. Although I did move and the new Best Buy/Target that are next to each other are stacked with :4marth::4littlemac::4drmario::4pacman: :4fox::4greninja::4shulk::4zss::4falcon:and:4darkpit:. Still haven't found the Meta Knight I want though... :(

Anyway my amiibo are:

Also Shadow Keebey Shadow Keebey might like this song, judging by your location and avatar ;)
I would name Diddy Hoo-Ha if I gave enough of a **** about him to buy an Amiibo of him. If I get a Lucario, which I might, I'm probably going to name him AURA!!!. Because he likes Aura.

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero

Anyway my amiibo are:

I think me clicking that link just spoiled Super Mystery Dungeon for me. I REALLY hope not. If I did, I may cry. I am desperately trying to avoid spoilers for that game and if I just got the game ruined for myself by seeing the suggested videos... I will hate myself for a very long time (don't worry, it's my fault for clicking the link). If curiosity ruined the story, the final boss and everything... just... :crying::grrr:.
:251:

Anyway, aside from the fact that they are based off the same song, that sounds very alike to this, even the instruments. I accidentally foreshadowed it by only hearing this one last week:

Last edited:

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
My amiibo collection is in my sig. Quite a lot for a high schooler. I was going to get the ones I like but now Nintendo has sucked me in to wanting all the Smash line, especially since half of my mains are rare. ;_;

Also, I can't find the Splatoon amiibos anywhere. Help.

Last edited:

Furret24

Smash Master
Just finished naming them all.

Mr. Game and Watch: Green, "Kindabored"
I named him after @JustKindaBoredUKno, a Game and Watch main that I see on the Game and Watch boards sometimes.

I don't really know why I chose him over other people there. Maybe I just liked his profile pic. :/

Duck Hunt (Duo): Yellow and Green, "Crackers"
It sounded fitting, I guess. :\

ROB: Green, "Sentret"
I was going to name him Sentry since I gave him the ROB Sentry alt, but Sentret sounded more unique. (Are you starting to notice a pattern in my taste of alts?)

Aren't these such amazing names?

On a somewhat related note, I find your posts very enjoyable to read. I also never knew how much I wanted Kirby merchandise before you started talking about it. :)

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Just finished naming them all.

Mr. Game and Watch: Kindabored
I named him after @JustKindaBoredUKno, a Game and Watch main that I see on the Game and Watch boards sometimes.

I don't really know why I chose him over other people there. Maybe I just happened to like his profile pic. :/

Duck Hunt (Duo): Crackers

ROB: Sentret
I was going to name him Sentry since I gave him the ROB Sentry alt, but Sentret sounded more unique.

Aren't these such amazing names?
Honestly, yes. I like hearing about Amiibo names partly because I find the learning-AIs fascinating in how they become unique individuals in their own right, and the names are a part of that, too.

I actually plan mine ahead of time, when considering purchases. :laugh:

On a somewhat related note, I find your posts very enjoyable to read. I also never knew how much I wanted Kirby merchandise before you started talking about it. :)
Oh, wow, thanks very much. :) I try to stay as on-topic as I can, and it really helps that they're producing a lot of Kirby merchandise lately, too.

I'm still waiting for a second wave for the Kirby All Star Collection plush set, though. I'm more hopeful about that right now because of the upcoming Kirby's Dream Land Candy Store event introducing some new merchandise (like the clips and the magnets) that follows what's been done with the Super Mario Bros. line-up lately. After all, the Super Mario All Star Collection plushes got a second wave, so if they keep this up, we'll see new Kirby plushes in no time, and hopefully this will include Bandana Waddle Dee. I mean, the first set included Chef Kawasaki (why?!), of all charcters, alongside Kirby, Dedede, Meta Knight, Waddle Dee, and Waddle Doo. The second plush wave's got to have Bandana Dee in it, right? :laugh:

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
Duck Hunt (Duo): Yellow and Green, "Crackers"
Everytime I hear a dog being called Crackers, I instantly think of Henry and Mudge.

Also, I just found out what Bandana Dee's origins are. Look inside the spoiler below to check out my discovery.

Exciting, I know.
:4lucas:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Guys, I just saw this mentioned over in the K. Rool thread, and it affects us too: The character discussion boards will be shut next week, which will affect threads for characters not in the game.

Please, if you haven't done so already, ask Chandeelure Chandeelure for an invite to the Dream Land Social Group, so we can keep things rolling after the closure.

EDIT: :4greninja:'d. Twice. Today, I am a slow :4dedede:.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
It doesn't matter, we already have a group.
Guys, I just saw this mentioned over in the K. Rool thread, and it affects us too: The character discussion boards will be shut next week, which will affect threads for characters not in the game.

Please, if you haven't done so already, ask Chandeelure Chandeelure for an invite to the Dream Land Social Group, so we can keep things rolling after the closure.

EDIT: :4greninja:'d. Twice. Today, I am a slow :4dedede:.
o-o Really? OH, GEEZ! Um, Chandeelure Chandeelure Porfa? invitacion?

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Well it does, for tons of others. TO THE ISAAC THREAD TO INFORM!
The Daisy social group just got set up today, thankfully, so that's another one of my regular threads covered. Is there a group for the retro picks like Mr. Stevenson and Goku from Yuyuki, or are you going to set one up?

Yes. Yes you did. :p

Here is the link:

http://smashboards.com/social-forums/dream-land-social-group.1746/

I will send invitations, but yeah, remember, we still have a week XD
It's still best to be prepared, Chandy. ;)

And on that note, I'll establish a proper spot for merchandise news once we all migrate over.

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
So I heard that they're closing the character discussion boards in a week.

I just wanted to stop by sometime before then to give a final support call for Bandana Dee in Smash. If for any reason his campaign for Smash 4 Dee L C is unsuccessful, here's to better luck in Super Smash Bros 5.

Also, considering that I have decided to ask Santa Claus for Kirby's Return to Dreamland for Christmas, I may finally end my days of being inexperienced with Kirby sometime soon.

Peace out, guys!
-Flyer

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
So I heard that they're closing the character discussion boards in a week.
Yeah. I get the feeling that most were hoping that would only come up after the ballot results were known. I know I was. :laugh:

I just wanted to stop by sometime before then to give a final support call for Bandana Dee in Smash. If for any reason his campaign for Smash 4 Dee L C is unsuccessful, here's to better luck in Super Smash Bros 5.
Hey, thanks. :) Hopefully we won't have to wait that long, and everything works out for the best with the DLC here, though!

Also, considering that I have decided to ask Santa Claus for Kirby's Return to Dreamland for Christmas, I may finally end my days of being inexperienced with Kirby sometime soon.
Awesome choice - I hope you enjoy it! :grin:

But my life is a lie now...
I'm still the same Dedede fan I was to begin with. :p Nothing's changed. :laugh:

Top Bottom