• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters
I don't know, it would be weird, I mean, Ridley has a thread there and a group, but most people visit the group.
It's just unnecessary, but if you want to have a thread in oni's group, it's fine.

http://strawpoll.me/5829514

I will check the results tonight.
To be fair the mansion had existed for about a year before I made that thread. I only made it so I had mod powers over it. I suppose the dreamland social has existed for a while too but that one wasn't active for all that time like the Ridley one.

I dont mind what you pick so I wont vote. I would prefer if you came to mine because then there is a lot more activity but do what you would like. For the record you dont have to be on topic. Make it the General Kirby thread for all I care as long as you follow general Smashboards rules and a few personal rules I will be making eventually and I wont care what you do.

Most importantly is visiblity which means more potential fans.

Last edited:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Oh man. Almost 800 pages and bows it's ending, sorta. I'll miss this thread, even if the other one is gonna be a continuation of this one, so this one doesn't technically end, but... I lost my point somewhere. Uh... Bandana Dee for Smash

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
So question: What kind of threads can be opened in the Kirby Social group?
Whatever you want, that group is a social, but with Kirby fans.
You can make a thread about your favorite food, a TV show, drawings, pets, exercise, etc.

EDIT:
Do you guys like that idea?
The social group will be a social with BD supporters and the BD thread in oni's group will be just a thread about BD in Smash?

Last edited:

Bandana Dee3

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0379-7875-6874
Whatever you want, that group is a social, but with Kirby fans.
You can make a thread about your favorite food, a TV show, drawings, pets, exercise, etc.

EDIT:
Do you guys like that idea?
The social group will be a social with BD supporters and the BD thread in oni's group will be just a thread about BD in Smash?
who 's oni?
EDIT; THANKS FOR THE INVITE!

Last edited:

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
Well, just one thing to say to this thread (please make sure this image is used in the final post before this thread is locked):

What are the odds that my 500th post would be a goodbye to the reason I came here? I have only been here three months.

:251:

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
Guys... we still have a week...
Yeah, but we have been meandering about for the past 65+ pages, veering off topic many times, and at this point, what can this thread do that the social can't?. As the date approaches, more and more people will be saying goodbye to this thread. I just really hope the final post of the thread has the image I posted. It'd be very fitting.

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
Wow. I'm gonna miss this thread. :urg: Hopefully I'll be able to see some of you all in the dreamland social thread, hm? ;)

Wasoodle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Wasoodle
It's a shame this thread will no longer be available, but at least we can still keep in touch. :D This information drought is killin me!

(I love getting random likes from @Chalo5000 from posts I made like 2 years ago)

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I made us a little countdown till it ends, if anyone wanted to know exactly how long it is until then. Not sure if it's accurate but they did say EST so I'm guessing it is :p. It's not really that soon, so we should just enjoy our remaining time here for now.

Random question, but, how would you guys feel if Bandana Dee got in, but was hideously broken, like, beyond :metaknight:level broken? I'd be happy he's in but I doubt I'd be happy about him being the next gen Brawl MK, but I'm sure some of you would enjoy that :p.

Now I'm going to go whiff a rest.

Last edited:

Mrdiscount

Smash Rookie
I made us a little countdown till it ends, if anyone wanted to know exactly how long it is until then. Not sure if it's accurate but they did say EST so I'm guessing it is :p. It's not really that soon, so we should just enjoy our remaining time here for now.

Random question, but, how would you guys feel if Bandana Dee got in, but was hideously broken, like, beyond :metaknight:level broken? I'd be happy he's in but I doubt I'd be happy about him being the next gen Brawl MK, but I'm sure some of you would enjoy that :p.

I would play him anyways so that would be a cherry on the top of the cake.

D

Deleted member

Even though we have a week left, it doesn't mean much.

Really ¿what are we supposed to do during our last few days? We can't do anything but migrate to social threads/boards, while others leave the forums in general, period

This last week will be nothing but feels and migrating to different places altogether.

Some people are acting as if some super duper important smash news could appear tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492

I don't think it's physically possible to make a character more broken than Meta Knight (****ing frame 3 up air). If he somehow did end up that bad though, I'd use him against Sheik, Sonic, Yoshi, Zero Suit, and other cancerous characters.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

I say that as long as the nice old memories we got from this place are still here, everything will be fine, and I know it is hard to get used to the new places since those are new and with just a few posts, but, as time goes by, more good moments are gotta be created there, even related to the old ones (Again, Volatile Hotdog FTW), it is going to be fun, really. At least I know and I'm glad I will not go through some stuff I experienced before in the old "Ridley" social group that left me bitter a little before.

Furret24

Smash Master
I don't think it's physically possible to make a character more broken than Meta Knight (****ing frame 3 up air). If he somehow did end up that bad though, I'd use him against Sheik, Sonic, Yoshi, Zero Suit, and other cancerous characters.
Oh it's possible.

Give him more range than most swordfighters, the frame data of Sheik, on top of having powerful moves that can be set up into, and boom. You've got someone better than Brawl Meta Knight.

I would love for him to be hideously broken. I wouldn't cry on the inside every time I faced against a Sanic, Rosaluma, Fox, or Shark. Those characters are cancer to Game and Watch.
:gawmelee:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Oh it's possible.

Give him more range than most swordfighters, the frame data of Sheik, on top of having powerful moves that can be set up into, and boom. You've got someone better than Brawl Meta Knight.

I would love for him to be hideously broken. I wouldn't cry on the inside every time I faced against a Sanic, Rosaluma, Fox, or Shark. Those characters are cancer to Game and Watch.
You pretty much just summed up Meta Knight. Amazing frame data with strength to match, amazing recovery, amazing combos, the only thing close to a weakness he has is his weight. Frame 7 forward air that semi-spiked, frame 4 down air that semi-spiked, aforementioned frame 3 up air that comboed into itself, and of course frame 3 neutral air and frame 7 back air, both of which killed.

Last edited:

Furret24

Smash Master
You pretty much just summed up Meta Knight. Amazing frame data with strength to match, amazing recovery, amazing combos, the only thing close to a weakness he has is his weight. Frame 7 forward air that semi-spiked, frame, frame 4, down air that nearly semi-spiked, aforementioned frame 3 up air that comboed into itself, and of course frame 3 neutral air and frame 7 back air, both of which killed.
Okay...

Give him everything Brawl MK, but then give him the damage output of Ryu, double the range, the kill power of Dedede, and chaingrab ability of the Ice Climbers. Oh, and make every aerial autocancel in a shorthop and a fullhop.

Is he better now?

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Okay...

Give him everything Brawl MK, but then give him the damage output of Ryu, double the range, the kill power of Dedede, and chaingrab ability of the Ice Climbers. Oh, and make every aerial autocancel in a shorthop and a fullhop.

Is he better now?
Make it the kill power of Lucario and you're golden.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Fixed, 'cause Roy's our boy.
While recent scientific investigations have produced evidence to support the claim that Roy is indeed our boy, Roy's forward smash KOs at 47% fully charged, while Lucario's KOs at 7% fully charged at Max Aura. No, I didn't make that up. Keep in mind, this was in Training mode, so if Lucario was in a brawl and was a stock down, he could theoretically one-shot an opponent. He could probably one-shot Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Rosalina, and Game & Watch.

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
While recent scientific investigations have produced evidence to support the claim that Roy is indeed our boy, Roy's forward smash KOs at 47% fully charged, while Lucario's KOs at 7% fully charged at Max Aura. No, I didn't make that up. Keep in mind, this was in Training mode, so if Lucario was in a brawl and was a stock down, he could theoretically one-shot an opponent. He could probably one-shot Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Rosalina, and Game & Watch.
I'd prefer Roy power (So it can be called "Balanced") with full aura at 50%.

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
We're talking about a character more broken than Meta Knight, "balance" is an unknown here. Besides, a Lucario at 50% can't do jack ****.
I believe you misunderstood my post.

Read it again and you'll find that:
1. The "Balanced" thing was referencing the people think Rosalina and/or Shiek is balanced (They aren't).
2. I'm saying Bandana Dee should have aura along with rage, with him recieving max aura at 50%.

Of course, I may just be misunderstanding you, in which case we both ignore this post.
:4lucas:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I've noticed them, but I dededecided not to say anything so as not to spoil the surprise.
You win super points for "Dededecided", there. :laugh:

View attachment 79873
Tortilla Noggin Tortilla Noggin xD I had to put Dedede in a sweater.
Adorable!! :grin: Absolutely adorable!

Dedede looks very odd without his trademark hat. :laugh:

:231:
Well, he is a Little Blue Penguin, so he naturally lacks any facial markings, head markings, or crests. There's a reason he never takes his crown off - he'd look incredibly plain without it. :laugh:

AndreaAC

You win super points for "Dededecided", there. :laugh:

Adorable!! :grin: Absolutely adorable!

Well, he is a Little Blue Penguin, so he naturally lacks any facial markings, head markings, or crests. There's a reason he never takes his crown off - he'd look incredibly plain without it. :laugh:
xD Haha! Glad you think so! But poor D3, he is definitely NOT amused!

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
xD Haha! Glad you think so! But poor D3, he is definitely NOT amused!
He should be glad of it - he really isn't built for the cold*. :p

*Notice that not only does he wear that cream-coloured outfit to compensate for his lack of countershading, but as shown in Smash he also wears an additional shirt under that (look at where the front crosses over - there are definitely two), as well as his haramaki (belly-warmer - used to raise one's core body temperature, and generally be good for your circulation), and his robe. :laugh:

AndreaAC

He should be glad of it - he really isn't built for the cold*. :p

*Notice that not only does he wear that cream-coloured outfit to compensate for his lack of countershading, but as shown in Smash he also wears an additional shirt under that (look at where the front crosses over - there are definitely two), as well as his haramaki (belly-warmer - used to raise one's core body temperature, and generally be good for your circulation), and his robe. :laugh:
xD Geez, he has TONS OF LAYERS OF CLOTHING! That's perfect for cold, but I think that in an utterly hot environment, he must feel like if he was inside a sauna!

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I believe you misunderstood my post.

Read it again and you'll find that:
1. The "Balanced" thing was referencing the people think Rosalina and/or Shiek is balanced (They aren't).
2. I'm saying Bandana Dee should have aura along with rage, with him recieving max aura at 50%.

Of course, I may just be misunderstanding you, in which case we both ignore this post.
:4lucas:
What the hell are you even talking about?

Furret24

Smash Master
What the hell are you even talking about?
I believe he meant that he was being sarcastic about the "balance" thing, and that Bandana Dee would have aura, but it would have Lucario's 192% aura at 50%.

I think. :/

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I believe he meant that he was being sarcastic about the "balance" thing, and that Bandana Dee would have aura, but it would have Lucario's 192% aura at 50%.

I think. :/
He mentioned something about having Roy's power instead, which would defeat the purpose of killing at 7%, otherwise known as Aura.

Top Bottom