• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Battle for WNY 5! (Melee + Brawl) Jan 31st + Feb 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
****. I may be out of my league. And it seems you're italian. AND YOU HAVE A BLUE NAME!

AND YOUR POST COUNT IS OVER 5,000!!!

Yeah, screw that **** LOL

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Yeah I can house you but I just didn't want to say anything yet cuz I know a lot of my friends from OOS might be coming but **** it lol I'll just house everyone. I have 3 TV's too so it would be awesome. and i have 2 beds and a futon i could put in my room. lots of floor space too. and a laptop if anyone wants to use it to record ( i dont have the program though so bring it if u have it)

But yeah, I'm down for getting L33t3r.

Bailey

Smash Hero
Awesome. Well as I said me and Lean would probably leave thursday night around 7 and prolly arrive around 12 am. If you could house us until sunday or monday morning that'd be amazing. We aren't slobs we clean places we don't live lol

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
LOL@PCP!

Whoever wants 2 lose money in melee is free to take my size 22 ganon boots to the dome repeatedly.

And as much as I hate agreeing with inui, if we are gonna be having people that arent part of our little group showing up to this, I suggest the stage list be amended, just based on the fact that there should be rediculous amounts of people showing up to this, and we cant have people timing out every single match.

sorry for the run on sentance but w/e. ill just live with the final call.

beefbutcher88

Smash Ace
Kid, I'll MM your Ganon with any of the following: Mario, Falcon, Marth, YL, DK. And I'll friendly you with anyone. In fact anyone from Rochester who feels like playing some Melee in the next 2 days, I'm gonna be at my house doing nothing until Monday morning when I finally go home. Feel free to come over fer to practice. I'm a bit rusty.

PS: Hi Yannick!!!

PPS: Seriously though, Amir's herpes is bad. Like, real bad. I was checking my mail on campus today and I saw it through his dorm room window like 600 yards away. And he was still in bed. Get that **** checked out, for the love of god, man.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
sorry for the run on sentance but w/e. ill just live with the final call.
You obviously didn't even look at the stage list. Unless you think Norfair is some terrible stage that everyone is going to time out on. In which case why don't you complain to the Clash of the Titans 4 and Only in Niagara tournaments for running it too.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i thought I did but i was so excited, I may have overlooked somethings.

thats my bust yo.

but you know as well as anyone that I have my own reasons for hating norfair

EDIT
upon further inspection, stage list is fine.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
You obviously didn't even look at the stage list. Unless you think Norfair is some terrible stage that everyone is going to time out on. In which case why don't you complain to the Clash of the Titans 4 and Only in Niagara tournaments for running it too.
I will gladly run the clock on everyone on Norfair because Meta Knight's ledge camping can't be stopped there. You didn't ban Planking. Good luck beating me. I'll make sure to bring teh_spamerer and get Plank to come so we have free top 3 and win all of the money by going to Norfair.

Delfino Plaza clearly isn't a neutral. What are you thinking with this? Can you possibly justify it?

Pictochat has random, uncontrollable, unpredictable events that can decide the outcome of matches. You can be one hundred trillion times better than Azen and Mew2King combined and still get killed by a random event because there's nothing you can do about them and there is no pattern.

The stage list is not fine, and I don't like attending tournaments where bad stage rules can cause me to lose instead of me just getting outplayed.

cam`

Smash Apprentice
who actually cares about brawl

beefbutcher88: i think i fit your description as a hot willing female. pm me.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
@Inui
According to you the random stages events are causing you to WIN not lose, why do you have a problem with that.

if he hadnt banned the infinites i wouldnt argue with it.

also pictochat VERY VERY VERY rarely decides matches, or even stocks. trust me I personally use it as a CP, and the stage helps with combos, but it doesnt give away stocks or matches.

@beefbutcher

ITS A TRAP!!

Inui

Banned via Warnings
@Inui
According to you the random stages events are causing you to WIN not lose, why do you have a problem with that.

if he hadnt banned the infinites i wouldnt argue with it.

also pictochat VERY VERY VERY rarely decides matches, or even stocks. trust me I personally use it as a CP, and the stage helps with combos, but it doesnt give away stocks or matches.
Uh... Pictochat has decided the outcome of matches over the actual players many times over here, proving it can happen, which is why we ban it. You can't avoid spikes just appearing where you already are, stuff stopping you from recovering, etc.

I have come to the conclusion that anyone in favour of that horrendous, luck-based stage has at least one or more of these characteristics:
-Horrendous player beyond what words can describe, thus WANTS lots of luck introduced into a match in order to give them a shot at winning.
-Hasn't experienced the stage deciding the outcome of a tournament match instead of the players.
-Idiot.

Keitaro used to pick it against better players hoping for nonsense to happen. I did the same exact thing to teh_spamerer and dmbrandon when I couldn't beat them hoping for luck to make me win.

What a stupid stage.

P.S. If I come to this I am running the clock on all of you at Norfair and since it's extremely likely I'll last in the tournament for a very long time, you're going to be stuck there for a really long time because I'm making this tournament take like 15 hours.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
regardless of what I or anybody else wants to happen, Im guessing that we want to avoid this unnesscicary stalling.

Inui, thats stupid to do something like that just to prove a point, ESPECIALLY since you are so confident in your ability to beat everyone in this area to begin with.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
When the other 20 or so tournaments on this page suddenly decide to ban Norfair, we will too. But as of right now, you're the only one with a problem Inui. This isn't the thread to debate it either, as it isn't getting changed. Go debate some SBR members in the tournament stages sub-forum instead.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Uh... Pictochat has decided the outcome of matches over the actual players many times over here, proving it can happen, which is why we ban it. You can't avoid spikes just appearing where you already are, stuff stopping you from recovering, etc.

I have come to the conclusion that anyone in favour of that horrendous, luck-based stage has at least one or more of these characteristics:
-Horrendous player beyond what words can describe, thus WANTS lots of luck introduced into a match in order to give them a shot at winning.
-Hasn't experienced the stage deciding the outcome of a tournament match instead of the players.
-Idiot.

Keitaro used to pick it against better players hoping for nonsense to happen. I did the same exact thing to teh_spamerer and dmbrandon when I couldn't beat them hoping for luck to make me win.

What a stupid stage.

P.S. If I come to this I am running the clock on all of you at Norfair and since it's extremely likely I'll last in the tournament for a very long time, you're going to be stuck there for a really long time because I'm making this tournament take like 15 hours.
Good luck beating Neil on this stage. I don't give a **** who you are or what character you're playing. God himself could come to Rochester and choose Chuck Norris, and I'd LMAO watching him trying to catch Pikachu on Norfair.

Also, if Spam goes OOS for this I CALL TEAMING WITH HIM!

beefbutcher88

Smash Ace
Kid, are you down for the MMs I mentioned earlier? And I know it's a trap, Cam goes to school with me and he's my teams partner.

And in case anyone was wondering, I've met Inui before one time a couple years ago and he's actually this much of a douche in person too.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Kid, are you down for the MMs I mentioned earlier? And I know it's a trap, Cam goes to school with me and he's my teams partner.

And in case anyone was wondering, I've met Inui before one time a couple years ago and he's actually this much of a douche in person too.
Actually, I know him pretty well and he's one of my good friends. He's not a douche at all. He's not even a douche online anymore. He's not being mean at all, he's just stating his opinion.

Inui's awesome.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
in melee ill do friendlies with anyone, but i only MM in ganon dittos

and from what i hear about inui, hes a chill dude IRL, and im gonna be upset cus most likely, im gonna like him a lot and after the tourney i already know my shout out for him is gonna be something like this.

Inui: You are awesome! great matches, just stop inflating your e-***** and being a **** on the boards.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
alright kid i'll ganon ditto you. i hear thats what you do alot tho and the fact i never play ganon ever period let alone ditto gives you an edge, so $5!!!! (i'll still win i lol'd all over ur face last time we played friendlies)

and cam $20 falcon ditto?

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
alright kid i'll ganon ditto you. i hear thats what you do alot tho and the fact i never play ganon ever period let alone ditto gives you an edge, so $5!!!! (i'll still win i lol'd all over ur face last time we played friendlies)

and cam $20 falcon ditto?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom