• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Battle for WNY 5! (Melee + Brawl) Jan 31st + Feb 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Let's team and split with Inui and Atomsk = ]
:yoshi: LOL @ splitting

I will cease all BWNY events if there is ever a split at any of my tournaments.

B*tches can do what they want with their money after the tournament, LOL. My sh*ts are splits-free.
yeaaaaaaa...
I'm paranoid, so I don't feel like giving out my address on Smashboards. IM me at FunkMasterYag for info. And I'm only talking trash about Brawl precisely because I don't play it, and didn't feel like dedicating as large a portion of my life to learning it as I did to Melee.
can you PM me?

yeah this tournament is gonna be mad fun

everyone be at arena on friday night too
this friday night? im down...
Yo guys don't take my arrogance/confidence too seriously. :p
its good to know you dont believe ALL of the craziness you spew...
pictochat was not agreed to be banned by the majority.
Its a perfectly acceptable stage.
just one guy that posted so much it seemed like the majority.

Jungle Japes: nothing really wrong with it except that its stupid good for falco and i think oli, but other than that, no real reason to ban it.

Yoshi's Island (Pipes): Everyone dies 30% earlier, no big deal

Green Greens: everyone dies 15% earlier vertically, blocks and holes make you play smarter.
legalise plox
jsut because nobody commented on it, and I really do think that they should be legal

MalcolmM

Smash Lord
pictochat is completely random and has 0-deathed me b4 when i was toonlink...and it didnt even do any damage. i threw a boomerang while off the stage...did my up-b and the line came up...which means u cant grab the ledge and i died. stages like that are absolutely ridiculous. not to mention i played atomsk in tournament...did my up-b as sonic was falling down...and the line showed up (AGAIN what are the chances?) and put me up near the top of the stage. which then got my up air'd by lucario while he as @ 130%+. i died and i was around 70 when i died. the stage is lucky and stupid. u only take people there if u truly believe they are better than u and ur praying for the stage to hand u the win rather than you earning it. also the spikes kill @ a little over 110% for most characters....and are once again COMPLETELY random. the other things that show up arent too disruptive and i think some of them actually promote smarter playing, but without anyway to stop the completely stupid ones from showing up and ruining anything competitive about the match i think it should stay banned.

(irony cause it says u cosign to my comment...but we disagree here)

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
pictochat is completely random and has 0-deathed me b4 when i was toonlink...and it didnt even do any damage. i threw a boomerang while off the stage...did my up-b and the line came up...which means u cant grab the ledge and i died. stages like that are absolutely ridiculous. not to mention i played atomsk in tournament...did my up-b as sonic was falling down...and the line showed up (AGAIN what are the chances?) and put me up near the top of the stage. which then got my up air'd by lucario while he as @ 130%+. i died and i was around 70 when i died. the stage is lucky and stupid. u only take people there if u truly believe they are better than u and ur praying for the stage to hand u the win rather than you earning it. also the spikes kill @ a little over 110% for most characters....and are once again COMPLETELY random. the other things that show up arent too disruptive and i think some of them actually promote smarter playing, but without anyway to stop the completely stupid ones from showing up and ruining anything competitive about the match i think it should stay banned.

(irony cause it says u cosign to my comment...but we disagree here)
I am not trying to make this into an argument or debate or anything. you have your points out there, and im just going to make mine.
1st off, line that doesnt let you grab the edge? which line is that? im not sure what you mean.
And while i will admit that at least the first example of yours was really bad luck, i think that 98% of the stage isnt based on luck, as much as it is adapting to the terrain.
Personally I would most likely never go there, seeing as I believe its sonic's absolute worst stage, but if I did go there it would be because i would want a big stage so that I can survive longer than the other guy, on a stage that would be somewhat hard to camp on, barring planking of course. its also good for characters with good manuverability since there a crapton of space to move around in. So, I for one wouldnt pick just in the hopes that luck would give me the W.

Yes the spikes are random, but unless you cant tech, you shouldnt be dying to them under 200. It just sets up for more combo potential.

But all in all, i think we can agree to disagree on this and let the TOs make the final call

however, I did notice that you didnt say anything about the other 2-3 stages i reccomended, does that mean you are cool with those?

MalcolmM

Smash Lord
nah im jus waiting on inui to come thru and write out paragraphs about it rather than me typing it out. i just detest pictochat that much....(and i was talking about the spikes that kill upwards...not the ones on the sides)

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
@Bailey: it's been a while since I've said I was going to one of your tournaments so i haven't seen you post around... you play brawl now =(

@Knee of Justice: mm $20 fox ditto?

Sharky

Smash Master
I am not trying to make this into an argument or debate or anything. you have your points out there, and im just going to make mine.
1st off, line that doesnt let you grab the edge? which line is that? im not sure what you mean.
The really long diagonal line that goes from top right to bottom left. There's no ledge to grab on the left side there.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
@Bailey: it's been a while since I've said I was going to one of your tournaments so i haven't seen you post around... you play brawl now =(

@JesiahTEG: mm $20 fox ditto?
Sure. Also, I think I'm teaming with Spam in both events Bailey, sorry. Still not 100% sure though, we haven't confirmed it 1000000%, so yeah that's that.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
maybe jesse i've gotten pretty **** good myself. it's not like last time were blowouts either (considering i was on pcp and suicided every stock doing ledge trix with fox n falco, shine firefox stall ftw plx ^.^)

i might do lots of falcon or falco too. how about a $20 falcon ditto mm ;)

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
The really long diagonal line that goes from top right to bottom left. There's no ledge to grab on the left side there.
ohhh, ok, well the odds of that happening again are really slim.
yo my brother and I will need housing, any takers?

but I will not be giving out free secks.................
i think I got you son. PM me and we can talk about it in detail

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
maybe jesse i've gotten pretty **** good myself. it's not like last time were blowouts either (considering i was on pcp and suicided every stock doing ledge trix with fox n falco, shine firefox stall ftw plx ^.^)

i might do lots of falcon or falco too. how about a $20 falcon ditto mm ;)
Our Marth vs Falcon on FD was 1 or 2 stock I think, pretty close. I liked playing you, you were hard and really fun.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Plank is coming?

My true love, step out with me for a moment, so we can grab some McDonalds and foster!

Nah nah I'm just kidding. This is ****ing hype!

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
people shouldnt get so cocky just because big names are showing up.

Rochester smash is very good, and nobody should be walking up in here expecting an easy win.

dont get beat by a no-name... cause its very possible round here.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
you are horrible...

are you playing singles, cause it would be epic if you took out on of the "big names" in question here.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
people shouldnt get so cocky just because big names are showing up.

Rochester smash is very good, and nobody should be walking up in here expecting an easy win.

dont get beat by a no-name... cause its very possible round here.
Sorry, I always assumed I would come up and wipe out and melee and when I came up it was much harder than I thought

oh wait no it wasnt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom