• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Battle for WNY 5! (Melee + Brawl) Jan 31st + Feb 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Oh, Amir forgot to put it in the first post.

Meta Knight and Snake are banned.

See, this is why I wanted to make the thread; how could he forget something so important? =_=

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: You're halfway right.

Yoshi is banned from low tier tournaments if we're doing those.

Link, Luigi, and Zelda are banned from Melee low tier if we're doing those, as well.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i remember a few months ago you were dead serious about banning mk and snake for this...

justin, your sig makes me cry...

and link and luigi arent even low tier in melee if my memory serves me right.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: He should change it to, "Would you like a side of Shuttle Loop with that?"

Shiri

Smash Chump
OK Mr. airport stalker :laugh:. Do you know how scary it is to be ordering from Subway and hear a voice behind you say that?! :chuckle:
:yoshi: Hey now, you KNOW airport stalking has been a pastime of mine.

My alias back in the day used to be Terminal B.

B stood for B*TCHES.

Anyway, just to post something of importance since Amir will get mad if I just spam, I want everyone to know that I had no part in him taking off Pictochat from the stage list and I'm still pretty upset about it. :D

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Anyway, just to post something of importance since Amir will get mad if I just spam, I want everyone to know that I had no part in him taking off Pictochat from the stage list and I'm still pretty upset about it. :D
I never said the ruleset was closed for discussion. If you feel that Pictochat should be a counterpick or anything else should be changed, now is the time to state your arguments and why. The stage list is already one I do not personally agree with, but I don't mind taking off more stages if it will satisfy the majority of players. Which is why I used the most common stage list for major events.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
not in rochester
this
Holy ****ing **** why not make everybody a moderator lmao.
and tons of this.

hmmm, whats a good counterpick stage...

is brinstar on there?
put it on

pictochat was not agreed to be banned by the majority.
Its a perfectly acceptable stage.
just one guy that posted so much it seemed like the majority.

Is castle siege on there?
put it on
im going to look at the stage list after I post this and come back to it.

I want you guys to put neil and Inui in the first match, and than they can agree to play on norfair, if that happens, im ok with it being banned.

EDIT: Jungle Japes: nothing really wrong with it except that its stupid good for falco and i think oli, but other than that, no real reason to ban it.

Yoshi's Island (Pipes): Everyone dies 30% earlier, no big deal

Green Greens: everyone dies 15% earlier vertically, blocks and holes make you play smarter.
legalise plox

beefbutcher88

Smash Ace
Anyone that's gonna be in Rochester on January 13, come over to my place for a Mad Melee Marathon. Unfortunately, Brawl happens to be a broken and crappy game, so all Melee enthusiasts come on over for intensive training. And probably some intensive drinking. Jesse, it's been a while. I wanna play you and see if your Marth is still as scrub as it used to be. $10,000 MM against my Kirby.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
@ beef.
im down, where you live at?

and normally i wouldnt bother with this discussion but i do feel the need to say one thing.
regardless of which game people like more or which one is better, please dont act like Melee ISNT broken, because its so easy to see that it is, regardless of how good/skillful/fun it is.

thats all. i dont want this to be a big thing...

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Awww, come on, Andy.

Am I gonna have to go over to where you live and smoke you in a game I don't play anymore? Don't do it to yourself, man! ^_~ I am all over that Melee Marathon, by the way.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
This tournament is going to be REALLY fun guys, I just needed to say that. Again, anyone that needs housing PM me. I've been practicing Melee way more than Brawl, but I'll start practicing both soon.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Anyone that's gonna be in Rochester on January 13, come over to my place for a Mad Melee Marathon. Unfortunately, Brawl happens to be a broken and crappy game, so all Melee enthusiasts come on over for intensive training. And probably some intensive drinking. Jesse, it's been a while. I wanna play you and see if your Marth is still as scrub as it used to be. $10,000 MM against my Kirby.
I play both games pretty well, both games are good. Both games are broken. Melee is a hard game at a high level, and Brawl is a hard game at a high level. Just because you have to push more buttons in Melee doesn't make it harder at a high level. If you played Brawl competitively you'd understand.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Well actually, Melee is harder than Brawl, but to downplay Brawl because of it is stupid. Brawl is still hard. I'm just gonna chill with my family and my girl today dude, and play Final Fantasy VII all day, like I always do on Christmas.

beefbutcher88

Smash Ace
I'm paranoid, so I don't feel like giving out my address on Smashboards. IM me at FunkMasterYag for info. And I'm only talking trash about Brawl precisely because I don't play it, and didn't feel like dedicating as large a portion of my life to learning it as I did to Melee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom