• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Battle to End Hunger 2

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Getting off on Labor Day weekend is like going to be tedious for me. We'll see how it goes.

SSBBrawler

Smash Rookie
NNID
SSBBrawler
Anyone around Manhattan that could give me a ride? Otherwise I won't be able to go.

Never mind, I have something going on that day.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
This is going to be fuuuuuuuun. Springfield should be bringing 4-5 people. If we can somehow get another driver we could probably send more. Oh, and I'll be here this time! :)

Also I'm going to be promoting this event at MIST. I'll put up a sign or something for it at the church during the smashfest on Friday and then bring it to the tourney venue.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Awesome man

I appreciate the support :)

I've been talking some of the new KC guys to come down to Springfield with me for the 27th so maybe it'll be a player trade

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Is there still plans for a 64 tournament? I can confirm that I can bring 2 set ups with about 2 nice controllers, maybe more by the time of the tournament. I'm also up to any mirror money matches (besides Kirby dittos) in 64 :)

DeLux

I'm going to double check my reservation at the venue tomorrow because apparently they didn't get a piece of paperwork that I thought I sent in like two months ago

And I also am going to coordinate a massive N64 ad campaign at KU. I want N64 to be big tbh
However, it'll probably be $5 entry, because I'm trying to appeal to the casual player for that event more so than the pure competitive

DeLux

Few more questions:
Will we use the 64 backroom ruleset?
Yes

Will there be teams?
What's the payout?
Depends on the turn out and number of setups. I'm hoping it's yes to doubles and pay out to top 5 at least, but it'll sorta be determined by number of people and mainly setups.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
looks like there will be no melee hype. probably not going then.
Yeah the melee hype is pretty low at this. Evident when you posted and none of the brawl players cared lol. The host is a Brawl play so maybe that's why?

I dunno. I'm still going with a carload of Springfield players so it'll be fun at least to play with the KC peeps that I haven't seen in a while.

DeLux

We had 25 melee at the last tournament iirc
I would like for us to hit 35-50 in Brawl, Melee, and N64 respectively, but that might be wishful thinking on my part

Help me hype for melee, since I really do not know how :(

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Pay travel expenses for good player X or have a bonus pot. Just tossing out ideas.
That's what we did for MIST.

If a crew takes the expenses of an OoS tournament and instead of going to one, they put the money into their own personal tournament, you could get some nice results. For example, Springfield is planning on bringing (let's say 7?) and the expenses will be $55 each so 55 x 7 = $385 to be used on your own personal tournament to fly a player in, or just to add to the bonus pot. And that's the money we're using just for a 4 hour trip. If you were to cancel your attendance for a bigger tournament to host your own tournament, that brings in even more money, making a bigger tournament for yourself. Your crew will spend the same amount of money as they would if they traveled, but instead, YOU get to host it, and avoid those long car rides.

DeLux

That's what we did for MIST.

If a crew takes the expenses of an OoS tournament and instead of going to one, they put the money into their own personal tournament, you could get some nice results. For example, Springfield is planning on bringing (let's say 7?) and the expenses will be $55 each so 55 x 7 = $385 to be used on your own personal tournament to fly a player in, or just to add to the bonus pot. And that's the money we're using just for a 4 hour trip. If you were to cancel your attendance for a bigger tournament to host your own tournament, that brings in even more money, making a bigger tournament for yourself. Your crew will spend the same amount of money as they would if they traveled, but instead, YOU get to host it, and avoid those long car rides.
As much as I'd love to do all that stuff, the whole point of the tournament is to raise money for a charitable cause.

So let's say we did end up paying $385 to fly one person out to play. Unless that name brings in 77 more entrants, I'd possibly be taking away money from the charitable cause for the sake of hype.

So unless someone throws a substantial amount of money my way specifically to do that (which I'm not against if someone wants to step up), I personally can't do it. However, it would be more admirable imo to simply just donate the money

Zantetsu

Smash Master
It's too late for you to do such a thing anyway, isn't it? I wasn't saying that you guys should do it, I was just saying how you can accomplish what Quote said. I was really just ranting, lol.

DeLux

Venue is 100% confirmed :)

And I think I've worked out with my sponsor to get use of a bunch of TVs along with the 5 that I have at my apartment

It might be another "just bring a wii/gamecube/n64" sorta deal

Boomer3d

Smash Journeyman
me and matt could enter the melee tourney......which would cause us to:
lose 10 dollars,
crush our spirits,
and give 4 people free advances.......for a good cause!

GIMB

Smash Rookie
I will be there. I hope I do better than the last one.

Nicole

Smash Champion
i might come to this. i'll see if anyone else from stL wants to. this is my birthday weekend!

DeLux

If anyone is good at making Fliers that are cheap to print, let me know. I want to start my flier campaign before this weekend :)

SM3EsH

Smash Ace
looks like there will be no melee hype. probably not going then.
it's okay. your sauce is weak. you couldn't spawn babies in Africa if you tried. in fact, your sperm would choke on the idea of you thinking you could have evAr, had any kind of relevance to this tourney.
like i said though, it's okay. :)

DeLux

This is the same day as KU's first home game.

So the parties in Lawrence should be slightly crazy

Top Bottom