• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bayonetta Summons the Climax! Updated OT. - (Old Bayonetta Support Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
You should know that women get stigmatized far more than men for how they are portrayed. A man shirtless could probably get away with appearing in Brawl compared to something just as equal to a woman. You should also know you can make a point more politely rather than mocking someone.
My apologies. I'm just fed up with the excessive conservativeness people have around here with the female body. I know that woman get more flack than guys for revealing skin, but that doesn't mean I can't think it's ridiculous as to how people react to it. I'm not saying we should give Peach a thong or anything like that, but people just need to stop making such a big deal about it.

And Bayonetta's legs are yummy. She was designed with exaggerated proportions on purpose. The whole game is over the top and you can't take it 100% seriously.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Sakurai has publicly said that he does not intend to add many ("willy nilly") 3rd party characters in since they are difficult to include into the Smash universe. He did acknowledge how well Snake and Sonic was received though.

:phone:
I highly doubt that Sakurai will ever go as far as what the Wreck-It Ralph movie has to deal with. If anything, he'll probably keep the 3rd party amounts very small.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
My apologies. I'm just fed up with the excessive conservativeness people have around here with the female body. I know that woman get more flack than guys for revealing skin, but that doesn't mean I can't think it's ridiculous as to how people react to it. I'm not saying we should give Peach a thong or anything like that, but people just need to stop making such a big deal about it.

And Bayonetta's legs are yummy. She was designed with exaggerated proportions on purpose. The whole game is over the top and you can't take it 100% seriously.
Scrumptious.

[COLLAPSE= Very Scrumptious]
[/COLLAPSE]

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
But since Nintendo will have her now shes not really 3rd party is she?.And if she was to get in it would be more to mabe promoting her game mabe it would help advertise her in some ways.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Nintendo is just publishing the game. Sega and/or Platinum games has the copyright.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Nevermind.

Yeah she is considered 3rd party. However, games like Golden Sun are considered 2nd party. Game Freak is a 2nd party company, right? I was always unsure about it's designation.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If in the future sometime Nintendo were to hypothetically purchase Platinum, and assuming Platinum kept the Bayonetta IP rights instead of Sega, (which would make her a 2nd party instead of 3rd) then I could see her inclusion, though that's alot of ifs. It definitely wouldn't be for SSB4 (though granted, her inclusion isn't impossible -- just very unlikely).

I think even with her overt sexualization she still wouldn't be that out of place in Smash, considering both the fact that her attacks would be outrageous and highly unrealistic, like most other Smash characters, and the fact that we have ZSS, as was said already (and maybe Bayonetta is a bit more sexualized than her, but I really doubt that would keep her out if she was a popular/highly requested Nintendo co-owned IP).

@Venus
Yeah, Game Freak is a 2nd party. I'm not sure if it's due to Nintendo owning part of Game Freak or just having a publishing deal with them, but do I know that Game Freak only owns 1/3rd of the Pokemon IP (Nintendo owns another third and Creatures Inc. owns the third third. Considering Creatures is now a first-party though, it's more like Nintendo owning 2/3.) I'm sure it's not quite that simple, most 2nd party IPs aren't, but thinking about it any more just confuses me. :dizzy::laugh:

Tesh

Smash Hero
Didn't read the thread, but I'm sure someone has pointed out that the entire premise behind bayonetta is just too sexy for a Mario game. ZSS with her skin tight suit and boobies is okay, but bayonetta would be pretty much naked during her final smash.

Bayonetta rated M isn't the same as Metal Gear Solid rate M.

edit: its not even about the sexy figure, its not even close to ZSS. Check out a bayonetta combo video/montage. Her clothing is her hair and she uses her hair to fight. Which means during more powerful attacks she becomes much more naked...

So maybe her jab and tilts would be rated T, but anything else would be like.....yea not fitting with a kid friendly game.

Maybe they would make a kid friendlier bayonetta? who knows...

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
I just wanna say right now that if we used one of the new game characters from the Wii U launch titles i'd vote the Wonderful 101 main guy. i just wanna say this game looks badass

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Imagine if Bayonetta had the same taunts as she did in her game for smash? Kids would just go online and have sexy taunt parties.

"You want to touch me?"

Tesh

Smash Hero
I don't mean a kid friendlier version of the bayonetta games, I just meant if she were to be added to smash, she would need to be kid friendly ONLY in the smash game.

If Nintendo tries to "class it up" with Bayonetta they will kill it for sure.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
There is a possibility she gets in the game. With Nintendo fronting the money for the project, that little teaser that Sakurai was seen at their studio and I could see Iwata personally wanting some Fire Emblem esc exposure. This Bayonetta deal didn't just happen yesterday it's been in the works for months now. There is a real possibility.

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
There is a possibility she gets in the game. With Nintendo fronting the money for the project, that little teaser that Sakurai was seen at their studio and I could see Iwata personally wanting some Fire Emblem esc exposure. This Bayonetta deal didn't just happen yesterday it's been in the works for months now. There is a real possibility.

^ thats what im thinking to its been in th wroks for some time and i think thats why Sakurai was at the studio.

Masahiro Sakurai, creator of Kirby, Smash Bros. and Kid Icarus Uprising, decided to sneak into a particular game studio today in order to get a sneak peak at the studio's games ahead of E3.

While Sakurai did not identify the target of his sneaking work by name, he did share a picture:.
So what did Sakurai see at this studio? Sadly, we may never know, as he says he was caught within two seconds... possibly by Atsushi Inaba who Tweeted, "@Sora_Sakurai spotted!"

Sakurai feels that he might have made it in if he'd had a box in his inventory.
http://andriasang.com/con0zb/sakurai_platinum/

More or the same thing i just posted...Masahiro Sakurai, the creator behind Kirby, Smash Bros. and Kid Icarus Uprising was caught sneaking into Bayonetta development studio Platinum Games. Sakurai claims he was there purely to see what the studio was preparing to show off at E3. I wonder what his true motive was?. http://mynintendonews.com/2012/05/1...-sakurai-caught-sneaking-into-platinum-games/

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I had no idea what the hell Bayonetta was so I looked it up. I hate the art style of the game. I hate the design of the main character, and the few bits of gameplay footage I saw didn't look interesting

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
I had no idea what the hell Bayonetta was so I looked it up. I hate the art style of the game. I hate the design of the main character, and the few bits of gameplay footage I saw didn't look interesting
your opinion doesnt change the fact that it earned almost perfect if not perfect scores from every major gaming magazine and reviewer. and it sold 1.35 million units worldwide. so your in the minority.
I dont think she should be in ssb4 but im just saying

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
your opinion doesnt change the fact that it earned almost perfect if not perfect scores from every major gaming magazine and reviewer. and it sold 1.35 million units worldwide. so your in the minority.
I dont think she should be in ssb4 but im just saying
**** if I care. Did my opinion hurt your feelings enough that you had to throw statistics at me defensively?

D

Deleted member

Honestly, people are still jumping the gun here.
I mean, yes, Nintendo is publishing the title, but what does that matter? Nintendo has published many 3rd Party titles in various countries in the world. What makes Bayonetta so special?

Hideki Kamiya wants to see Bayonetta in Smash? This matters why, exactly, when other people want their characters in too? Like Suda51 with Travis Touchdown, or Yo****o with a Tales character? What puts Kamiya and Bayonetta over them?
Or even Akihiro Hino saying Professor Layton in Smash would be a "wonderful opportunity"?

Oh, but Sakurai was sneaking into Platinum Studios to see what was being shown off at E3 means Bayonetta has a bigger chance? There's also The Wonderful 101, which is ALSO by Platinum Studios, and is published by Nintendo; why isn't "Wonder Man" or whatever his name is being hyped as well?

I have nothing against the character, but seriously, why are people acting like she's a lock for the game? I don't want to see another "Geno" situation....

EDIT: Damn, forgot it censors the Tales developer's name here.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Wow this thread got derailed quickly. Thanks 3Bis.

I remember a lot of feminist gamers up in arms about this game. While I don't have a problem with it because it caters to the male demographic, it is overtly sexual and couldn't fit into Smash.

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace

Art style^.

Since some think she could and some dont think she could get in..How popular is she in japan?.

He may go by how popular she is over there.It seems as if the game is japan themed going by the music that ive heard in some of the game play videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom