• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bayonetta Summons the Climax! Updated OT. - (Old Bayonetta Support Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
Wow this thread got derailed quickly. Thanks 3Bis.

I remember a lot of feminist gamers up in arms about this game. While I don't have a problem with it because it caters to the male demographic, it is overtly sexual and couldn't fit into Smash.

:phone:
I havent done anything except maybe defend the idea. the other guy is the one being an ***. i dont think she should be in for multiple reasons but none of my reasons are about her games quality

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

Art style^.

Since some think she could and some dont think she could get in..How popular is she in japan?.

He may go by how popular she is over there.It seems as if the game is japan themed going by the music that ive heard in some of the game play videos.
From what I know, her games nor her are tremendously popular in Japan. However, she probably has her set of admirers in smaller circles.

@3Bis: You did escalate it. Plus your original post to PI was fairly ****-ish. He never said anything about the popularity or sales. He just stated his preferences. Plus I never heard about that kettle reference so I thought it was a racist remark too.

I personally never played the game, never plan to, and not too interested in it.

D

Deleted member

>Psycho states his opinion
>You call him out on his opinion
>Apparently HE'S the one being an ***

Nice logic there.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

I remember a lot of feminist gamers up in arms about this game. While I don't have a problem with it because it caters to the male demographic, it is overtly sexual and couldn't fit into Smash.

I don't mind a sexualized theme in things, in fact I loved Lollipop chainsaw. It's delightfully campy as well as having a sexualized theme.

I don't know if Bayonetta takes itself seriously or not, I just don't like what I saw.

I don't very well like sexualized themes in things that take themselves seriously

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
look i can see why people think im the bad guy here. all i am saying is that Psychos personal opinion of the game doesnt matter because regardless of his opinion its a successful series. he calls me a pretentious *** for doing that. and im saying that's the pot calling the kettle black. thats it. he says im a racist for that which doesnt make sense but.
Was my original response ****ish= sure
was his reaction to my response ****ish= sure
him calling me a racist= over escalating the situation

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
look i can see why people think im the bad guy here. all i am saying is that Psychos personal opinion of the game doesnt matter because regardless of his opinion its a successful series. he calls me a pretentious *** for doing that. and im saying that's the pot calling the kettle black. thats it. he says im a racist for that which doesnt make sense but.
It's an opinion. I didn't even say the game sucked, I said I didn't like what I saw

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
I dont think Bayonetta takes itself seriously tho ive never played it but watching the game videos i never took it that it was seriously sexualized.Im sure they would tone all the down tho if she got in.

D

Deleted member

You WERE being a pretentious *** for saying his opinion doesn't matter.
I'll repeat: saying his opinion doesn't matter.
One more time: his opinion doesn't matter.

He wasn't even arguing why Bayonetta was unlikely, or why she shouldn't get in; just that he played the game and didn't like it.
And then you essentially go "SCREW YOU WHO CARES WHAT YOU THINK IT WAS STATED TO BE A PERFECT GAME BY SUCH AND SUCH A REVIEW PLACE".

I mean really, you're at fault here.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
We don't care, stop censor dodging, and use the block button if your not going to take this squabble somewhere else.
Here's the thing, when someone comes into a thread with simply a different opinion the best thing to do is tell good things about the game that make up for their initial bad first impression. Not attack their OPINION.

I didn't say the game sucked. I didn't say the character shouldn't be in smash.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
If you feel you've been attacked, take it up with a mod. If you don't want to read his post then block him. If you have a score to settle with him or a point to prove take it up via pm. I understand your feelings and what not, but this is not the place. This goes for the other guy as well.

Also seriously guys. Stop censor dodging ***. :I

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
You WERE being a pretentious *** for saying his opinion doesn't matter.
I'll repeat: saying his opinion doesn't matter.
One more time: his opinion doesn't matter.

He wasn't even arguing why Bayonetta was unlikely, or why she shouldn't get in; just that he played the game and didn't like it.
And then you essentially go "SCREW YOU WHO CARES WHAT YOU THINK IT WAS STATED TO BE A PERFECT GAME BY SUCH AND SUCH A REVIEW PLACE".

I mean really, you're at fault here.
you seem more mad than he does. i admitted fault awhile ago. i just use facts to support all my potentials cause honestly my opinions would have a far different kind of roster than we've already got. and factually Bayonetta is a successful game and i listed why. done in a ****ish way admittedly but hey thats just how i talk sometimes

D

Deleted member

I just call what I see.

Still doesn't change the fact that you felt the need to be a **** towards someone who didn't like the game and shove how successful the game is down their throat.
And "thats how i talk sometimes"? There is no excuse.

Now back to the Bayonetta issue, no one has any counter to my statement?

jigglover

Smash Lord
you seem more mad than he does. i admitted fault awhile ago. i just use facts to support all my potentials cause honestly my opinions would have a far different kind of roster than we've already got. and factually Bayonetta is a successful game and i listed why. done in a ****ish way admittedly but hey thats just how i talk sometimes
You didn't EVER admit fault! No one denied that Bayonetta was an UNSUCCESSFUL game, he said that personally he didn't like it. I don't care what this web-site or this magazine says, it was HIS OPINION. (and mine)

3Bismyname

Smash Champion

I just call what I see.

Still doesn't change the fact that you felt the need to be a **** towards someone who didn't like the game and shove how successful the game is down their throat.
And "thats how i talk sometimes"? There is no excuse.

Now back to the Bayonetta issue, no one has any counter to my statement?
yeah, i dont think Bayonetta should get in because until her Wii U title she hasnt made an appearence on a Nintendo console. she's still third party and at this point a less deserved third party. none of it has anything to do with my like or dislike for her game

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
You didn't EVER admit fault! No one denied that Bayonetta was an UNSUCCESSFUL game, he said that personally he didn't like it. I don't care what this web-site or this magazine says, it was HIS OPINION. (and mine)
i said that my initial response was ****ish. thats admitting fault. there thats all i have on this subject

jigglover

Smash Lord
i said that my initial response was ****ish. thats admitting fault. there thats all i have on this subject
That's not admitting, fault because you then went on to say that his was as ****ish as well, as well as saying that you said a widely known saying (which I don't think anybody on this forum has ever heard before (including me)) and saying that his following comment was ****ish. Also, what are you saying when you say ****ish? Is it duckish? Hitish?

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
That's not admitting, fault because you then went on to say that his was as ****ish as well, as well as saying that you said a widely known saying (which I don't think anybody on this forum has ever heard before (including me)) and saying that his following comment was ****ish. Also, what are you saying when you say ****ish? Is it duckish? Hitish?
the site censors. D-I-C-K this has become far more than it should be so lets just squash it and call it a day. K bro

and really. you havent heard of the pot calling the kettle black. seriously. i worded it differently but thats the general saying

D

Deleted member

Will people quit this fighting before this thread gets closed?

In regards to Bayonetta being in Smash, I think her addition would be interesting. Now whenever or not I would want her in depends on if I get the second game and like what I see (yes, I am actually interested in getting Bayonetta 2).

However, Bayonetta will not be in Smash 4. Before the announcement, literally no one wanted her in Smash and I don't see her reaching Sonic or even Mega Man level in popularity at all. What also kills her chances is her being owned by Sega and I am betting on us only getting Sonic if we get any Sega characters, not to mention Sakurai trying to avoid adding third-party willy-nilly.

That being said, she could be the next Geno of Smash speculation. The rabid desire for more female could get lots of people on board with her and Bayonetta 2 is being published by Nintendo. Kamiya expressing interest will help fuel this bandwagon. Bayonetta has more than enough to be the next Geno of Smash speculation and it'll be hilarious to see her deconfirmed and the rage coming from her lack of appearance.
your opinion doesnt change the fact that it earned almost perfect if not perfect scores from every major gaming magazine and reviewer. and it sold 1.35 million units worldwide. so your in the minority.
I dont think she should be in ssb4 but im just saying
The sales were the reason why Microsoft and Sony rejected to put the second game on their systems. If it weren't for Nintendo, there would be no Bayonetta 2, let alone us considering the possibility of her being in.
Honestly, people are still jumping the gun here.
I mean, yes, Nintendo is publishing the title, but what does that matter? Nintendo has published many 3rd Party titles in various countries in the world. What makes Bayonetta so special?

Hideki Kamiya wants to see Bayonetta in Smash? This matters why, exactly, when other people want their characters in too? Like Suda51 with Travis Touchdown, or Yo****o with a Tales character? What puts Kamiya and Bayonetta over them?
Or even Akihiro Hino saying Professor Layton in Smash would be a "wonderful opportunity"?

Oh, but Sakurai was sneaking into Platinum Studios to see what was being shown off at E3 means Bayonetta has a bigger chance? There's also The Wonderful 101, which is ALSO by Platinum Studios, and is published by Nintendo; why isn't "Wonder Man" or whatever his name is being hyped as well?

I have nothing against the character, but seriously, why are people acting like she's a lock for the game? I don't want to see another "Geno" situation....

EDIT: Damn, forgot it censors the Tales developer's name here.
Because she has boobs! :troll:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Bayonetta would be pretty awesome...and if we can have ZSS in SSE (Hello *** and titshots in cutscenes) i don't think sexualizing is a very big problem, after all, she doesn't actually appear naked, and there's the point of Snake snapping necks...i don't think that's very child friendly but who the hell cares?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If you feel you've been attacked, take it up with a mod. If you don't want to read his post then block him. If you have a score to settle with him or a point to prove take it up via pm. I understand your feelings and what not, but this is not the place. This goes for the other guy as well.

Also seriously guys. Stop censor dodging ***. :I
What in the world does censor dodging mean?

I didn't dodge the sensor at all, I wrote the word exactly.

I thought sensor dodging was when you put a space or period in the word to make it so the sensor doesn't block it

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
extremely unlikely, the whole basis of bayonetta is ****ty beatemup witch. Smash is the epitome of kid friendly party fighters.

D

Deleted member

In an effort to save the thread, I'll repost my statement:
Honestly, people are still jumping the gun here.
I mean, yes, Nintendo is publishing the title, but what does that matter? Nintendo has published many 3rd Party titles in various countries in the world. What makes Bayonetta so special?

Hideki Kamiya wants to see Bayonetta in Smash? This matters why, exactly, when other people want their characters in too? Like Suda51 with Travis Touchdown, or Yo****o with a Tales character? What puts Kamiya and Bayonetta over them?
Or even Akihiro Hino saying Professor Layton in Smash would be a "wonderful opportunity"?

Oh, but Sakurai was sneaking into Platinum Studios to see what was being shown off at E3 means Bayonetta has a bigger chance? There's also The Wonderful 101, which is ALSO by Platinum Studios, and is published by Nintendo; why isn't "Wonder Man" or whatever his name is being hyped as well?

I have nothing against the character, but seriously, why are people acting like she's a lock for the game? I don't want to see another "Geno" situation....

EDIT: Damn, forgot it censors the Tales developer's name here.
EDIT: Ah, it seems that it's already been saved.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I legitimately liked the character Geno and never thought he was the end all be all likely character for smash

D

Deleted member

I think when it comes to third-party series, the main character is playable or bust. Since I doubt Bayonetta's chances, I say that she will get zero references in Smash.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
To those who have been cluttering this thread with senseless posts, I suggest that you all stop. This is supposed to be a thread for discussing Bayonetta, not for censor bypassing.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
What in the world does censor dodging mean?

I didn't dodge the sensor at all, I wrote the word exactly.

I thought sensor dodging was when you put a space or period in the word to make it so the sensor doesn't block it
Did I ever directly say your name? I said "guys." Think before you post. If it doesn't make sense, then it doesn't apply to you.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Worst case scenario, Bayonetta could be an Assist Trophy. Did anyone think of that (too lazy to read previous posts to check)?
She would be a great cheerleader.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

I remember reading an article or two about the game that actually found Bayonetta empowering. It was something along the lines of "She's sexy, she knows it, and she's gonna have some fun with it."

I don't know if Bayonetta takes itself seriously or not, I just don't like what I saw.
The game does not take it seriously at all. The game is extremely over the top. You want to know how over the top it can be?

Riding a motorcycle up into space on falling rocket parts.

However, Bayonetta will not be in Smash 4. Before the announcement, literally no one wanted her in Smash and I don't see her reaching Sonic or even Mega Man level in popularity at all. What also kills her chances is her being owned by Sega and I am betting on us only getting Sonic if we get any Sega characters, not to mention Sakurai trying to avoid adding third-party willy-nilly.
In a funny way, she'd be the next Snake. No on was asking for Snake, and look what happened.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I'd rather play with a Sarah Palin Mii over Bayonetta in SSB4. :troll:

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Sarah Palin makes Bayonetta look like a Disney princess.:troll:

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
While I have never played Bayonetta, and therefore have no attachment to the character, I just want to bring up something in regards to those who say she's too sexualized for Smash:

So, Bayonetta is an M-rated game. So what? Metal Gear Solid is M-rated, and Snake was toned down to fir his inclusion in Smash. Now, I understand that the two games are in different spectrums of M-rating, but really, Bayonetta, from what I've read, is so over-the-top and such that, on paper, the concept of her character would fit better in Smash than Snake (whether that'd hold true in the actual game is another matter entirely, and not what I'm attempting [and probably failing] to argue.).

So, Bayonetta uses her hair for attacks, which also happens to be what her suit is made out of. So? Judging by how much hair she has to both have a complete catsuit plus really long strands coming off both arms, who's to say that she'd ever even have to unravel any of her suit to fight in Smash? And for those question her "sexy image", ZSS is this and more in Brawl (especially as can be seen in the SSE, as others have pointed out), and she nobody bat an eye, but instead praised her inclusion. You see, while their circumstances were different (and therefore this may be a little weak), nobody looked at ZSS (from what I can remember) and said "she shouldn't be in the game, she's too sexualized for Smash.

For as crazy as Bayonetta is, she has moveset potential, and while she has a right to her "sexy image" (just as Snake, while toned down, as still entitled to the neck snapping that someone mentioned above), that doesn't mean that the Bayonetta you'd possibly find in Smash would come close to that of the original Bayonetta (much as is the case with Snake).
----
I cannot say that I am in any way right, or that the "facts" I used are entirely true, but I'm a little sick of reading people say that Bayonetta could never get in because she's "too sexualized", or that Ridley could never get in because he's too big, or that Waluigi could never get in because he's "too minor in the series", etc. When has this ever stopped Sakurai before? (ZSS, Bowser, Olimar, Kirby)

Keep in mind that this is Smash Bros., and just because character x is such-in-such in their game of origin does not mean that character x will be such-and-such in Smash.
----
I'm most-likely wrong in most of my opinion, but that doesn't mean that it isn't worth considering nonetheless.

D

Deleted member

Zero Suit Samus is just a woman in a skin-tight outfit.
Bayonetta is a woman that essentially strips to attack with her hair, and makes innuendo that puts Snake's comment on taking off some of his gear to catch Samus to shame.

VERY different tiers of "sexualization".

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Someone want cake <<<<<< to celebrate Bayonetta 2 for Wii U?

Also, this thing from Sakurai going to Platinum Games... my theory says that adding her to SSB4 will be a good idea to promove her game and even series, like Pit being in SSBB brought many new fans.
And I'm being very interested in her for Smash, and like KumaOso said, no one asked for Snake and he made his way to Brawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom