• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bayonetta Summons the Climax! Updated OT. - (Old Bayonetta Support Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I was only explaining why comparing ZSS to Bayonetta in terms of sexualization is not a logical comparison. Don't bite my head off.
My statement had nothing to do with "why she can't be in" and was made in direct response to inawordyes' remarks about ZSS, so no need to get defensive about it.
EDIT: The fact that you only pinpointed that part of my post kind of hints that you didn't gather the proper context.

jigglover

Smash Lord
No one thought of Bayonetta before AT ALL and after this thread is made it looks as if me and golden are the only people on this forum who don't support her fully or think she'd make an interesting inclusion... She is impossible right now, and the roster has already more than possibly already been decided, while she is impossible. She is far too sexualized for smash, I mean, she might not like wearing clothes she doesn't make with her own hair! Don't you see that if you're a fan of the game then her in smash will be far-from-what you're expecting. I find that having someone going around snapping necks with their hair probably isn't suitable for the 8 or 9 year-olds who play this, and the game would be ramped up to a 15/18 if she was included being toned down just a little bit. They'd have to put her in a skin-tight suit like ZSS, and on appearance it would pretty much be ZSS with extremely long hair, and you peoples wouldn't like it. The game would be abused by critics with her inclusion, saying it's like a street-fighter for younger kids - and better with brawl, and with SSB4 it would be This is a less-appropriate street-fighter for older people (street-fighter is a 15, this could be an 18) and though it is slightly better, the inclusion of Bayonetta alone has ranked up the age rating to a crowd which tend to play street-fighter more, and SSB less. What were you thinking Sakurai!?

D

Deleted member

I never stated I supported her, just think she'd make an interesting addition.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
^ Same here.

I've played Bayonetta and I'm aware of her moves in game and how sexualized she is. I can say that it wouldn't be hard at all to tone her down. But she doesn't need to be fully toned down to the point of her wearing a skin tight suit like zero suit, or attacking while showing no skin at all. There's more than one way to approach this problem.

And the only 3rd parties I fully support are either Ray Man or Pac Man. And that's if 3rd parties make a return.

:phone:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Heres how i feel about Bayoneta.

1. Don't care for her. I played her game and found it fun but i just don't care for the character.

2. The idea of her in the game is interesting but she has no chance at all.
i want the red hero from Wonderful 101

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
The red hero from The Wonderful 101 would actually be a good idea.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I'd rather someone from Wonderful 101 than Bayonetta. But that's just me.

The red hero from The Wonderful 101 would actually be a good idea.
I like the blue guy more, but I think the red hero is the "main hero" of the game, so if anyone from that game got in it'd be him, so I'd be okay with the red one.

Edit: We need nicknames for these people. I will call the red one "Ken."

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I like the blue guy more, but I think the red hero is the "main hero" of the game, so if anyone from that game got in it'd be him, so I'd be okay with the red one.

Edit: We need nicknames for these people. I will call the red one "Ken."
I will nickname the tubby green one Bob.

jigglover

Smash Lord
To be honest,I think hes hinting to us that she could be geting in.I may be wrong but i think thats what hes doing.
It's funny what your mind makes you think if you want something to happen. I'm not saying that you're wrong, but since I'm against her, I can't find any way that it does, but you support her and you can..?

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
We need nicknames for these people. I will call the red one "Ken."
When I first saw the red hero, I thought he looked like if Viewtiful Joe and Vash from Trigun had a baby.

Viewtiful Vash?:awesome:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
When I first saw the red hero, I thought he looked like if Viewtiful Joe and Vash from Trigun had a baby.

Viewtiful Vash?:awesome:
Nope. He is now Kenny, the blue one is Louisa, and the green one is Bob
Barker

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
...Kenny it is. *sniff*

Louisa sounds like a pretty cute name.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
If Sakurai can give her a unique moveset that's true to her origin and tone down most of the sexuality, she'd be one character I'd support. Bayonetta was the best non-Devil May Cry Kamiya game I played.

Which makes me wonder. Since Nintendo is publishing the sequel, does that mean all the Sega references in the last game would be replaced with Nintendo ones in the sequel? Imaging her collecting Rupees instead of the Sonic ring-esque halos. XD

Tesh

Smash Hero
I've never played metal gear solid, but I can tell you 100% that if you just watch 1 cutscene from bayonetta and then 1 from metal gear solid, you will see that toning each character down for a kid's game is much different. Snake barely has to change anything. All he has to do is not smoke, curse or draw blood (he even still gets to choke people). None of the violence in bayonetta is a problem.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
It's those sexy poses and natural censors. I played the game again last night and there are really only a handful of type of nudity issues. Most attacks don't require the use of her hair, aka showing skin, and that really only applies to specific Umbra attacks and her Climax attacks (I'M A HOT MOM!). You could have a full moveset for her and not have to run into the nudity issue, and you could open options more by censoring a few attacks in the transition. Though, let's say that they decide to include a Climax attack as a final smash. They could just use clever editing and make it into a cutscene attack without showing anything while also implying it to fans of the series.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Bumping this with something I just realized.

Let's say that Platinum wants Bayonetta in Smash, they could always buy the rights from Sega period. For a couple of years, Arcsys couldn't get the rights to Guilty Gear from Sega so they made BlazBlue instead, but they've acquired Guilty Gear once more and an update has come out in Japan last month since then.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Bumping this with something I just realized.

Let's say that Platinum wants Bayonetta in Smash, they could always buy the rights from Sega period. For a couple of years, Arcsys couldn't get the rights to Guilty Gear from Sega so they made BlazBlue instead, but they've acquired Guilty Gear once more and an update has come out in Japan last month since then.
That's a pretty good point. The question is if Platinum Games want to acquire the rights to Bayonetta. Let's just assume they eventually do: This would mean there'd be no reason why we couldn't have Bayonetta and Sonic in the same roster (assuming Sonic's coming back).

D

Deleted member

I'm not sure how expensive rights to Bayonetta are, so I'm not sure if they could afford it, but assuming they could and do get the license, I'd think it'd be more than just a Smash game.

That said, Kamiya has said he wants Bayonetta in Smash, so I wouldn't be surprised if he did try to get her into Smash regardless. However, it's Sakurai extremely high expectation of third-parties that's going to keep Bayonetta out.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
More like he said, "Ask Sakurai."

High expectations or not, Bayonetta may not have the star power of Megaman or Sonic, but she is filled to the brim with potential which makes her appealing from a gameplay point of view.

D

Deleted member

She has the moves, she has the style.
Just tone her down a bit on the swearing and stripping, and she wouldn't be that bad.
She can keep her character by throwing some weaker innuendo; it's not like Smash hasn't done so already. ("Mei Ling, Samus took her clothes off!" and "You know, I bet if I took off all this heavy gear, I could catch her...")

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Jigglover, you can say she fits in considering the entire roster is a cast of misfit characters.

jigglover

Smash Lord
Not really. The biggest mis-fit is the fire emblem series, and that still fits in pretty well. The problem I see with Bayonetta is looking at her, Marth and Pikachu side-by-side and asked who's the odd-one-out. You'll say Bayonetta.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Personally I've never heard about any of the existing characters or series not fitting in Smash except Snake (and Sonic, but not for aesthetic purposes). I've never heard any complaints about Fire Emblem fitting in, I think they fit in as well as any Nintendo series.

Sakurai has convinced me a character like Snake can work and fit in, and honestly I think a toned-down Bayonetta could be made to fit just as well. Her outfit and playstyle wouldn't be full of realism anyway, which is one of the major complaints against characters fitting in.

Plus, if I saw Bayonetta, Marth, and Pikachu side-by-side, I'd say the odd-one-out would be Pikachu. The former two are (for the most part) normal human-shaped characters, while Pikachu is a small cartoon electric rat who had to be enlarged to fit the roster.

jigglover

Smash Lord
...Bad examples...
Anyway, I didn't say that FE didn't fit in, I said that it fitted in the least, proving my point, since it does. I don't, and have never, though Snake wouldn't fit into smash at all, I mean, in snake eater there's a bliddy yoshi in the first level! Also the ! sign that appears above his head when seen is just like the pokemon trainers when they see you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom