• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bayonetta Summons the Climax! Updated OT. - (Old Bayonetta Support Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I'm sure its the former at least, if not both.

People are assholes on twitter and I don't know why he responds.

One of the tweets read "you are making games for a failed platform nobody wants", referring to bayonetta being exclusive to wii u i think.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm pretty sure he was being sardonic. He was satirizing smash fans

Tesh

Smash Hero
wonderful 101 leader is a better fit, i hope he is in. i dont think platinum games has any level of popularity to warrant a place in smash

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
I kinda doubt he would be allowed to say that if she was in, and the roster is probably long since finished. Adding her now would muck dev time up just like sonic did.

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
Brawler Characters like Beyonetta and Dante always have potential when it comes to movesets.

No big surprise there.

I don't mind a sexualized theme in things, in fact I loved Lollipop chainsaw. It's delightfully campy as well as having a sexualized theme.

I don't know if Bayonetta takes itself seriously or not, I just don't like what I saw.

I don't very well like sexualized themes in things that take themselves seriously
I want your avi for a playable character.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I'm conflicted on what I think of her chances. I could see her as a replacement for Snake if he didn't make it in.

I haven't played any of her games but from what I can tell she would be a really valuable addition to the roster.

I wouldn't be shocked to see her make it...but on the other hand we might be overestimating the significance of her game being exclusive to a Nintendo platform. I mean besides all the controversy she's not really an iconic character.

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775

Now that I have your attention, how would y'all feel if Bayonetta got into Smash.4? We've been told, numerous times, that the upcoming Bayonetta 2 will be staying WiiU only, as Nintendo is funding the project instead of Sega. The developers at Platinum Games have even said "You have a better chance at a Mario or Zelda game getting on PS3 before Bayonetta 2.", so it's safe to say a multi platform release is entirely out of the question.

I know Sakurai said there would be limited 3rd Party characters, but I can honestly see her being one of them. But with Bayonetta 2 being hyped as a WiiU exclusive, with the intention of coming out in 2014, same year as Smash.4, wouldn't it make sense, from a marketing angle, to include her?

Sakurai had said in an interview that getting 3rd party characters is difficult, due to needing a certain amount of rights over the character so Nintendo can have full control of said characters appearance in Smash. I'm pretty sure Sakurai already has some rights too her already, since Nintendo intends to fund the Bayonetta Franchise from now on should the second game do well on the WiiU. Hideki Kamiya of Platinum Games has even stated he would be more than happy to have her included, meaning hes probably more than willing to give Sakurai the necessary amount rights over Bayonetta for the sake of her inclusion in Smash.4.

It also would help add another female character to the roster. So far all we have is Samus, Zelda/Sheik, Peach, Nana of the ice climbers, and now Wii Fit Trainer(and Jigglypuff?). Adding Bayonetta to that list of Nintendo fem-fatal's would help boost popularity on Nintendo's side, due to Bayonettas large fan base, as well as pleasing girl gamers I'd like to think.

Both companies would benefit from having Bayonetta in Smash.4, or at least I think so. What about you guys, what do y'all think about the idea of Bayo being a 3rd party character in Smash.4?

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Honestly, i wouldn't mind her. One of my few problems is that she's owned by SEGA. She'd essentially replace Sonic unless Sakurai feels like working for two SEGA reps.

My other problem is that i don't think she'd fit the Smash style very well. I feel like her combat style benefits more from being in a 3D battlefield instead of a 2.5D one. Thats why she works so well in Anarchy Reigns.

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
not really?

Sega only has ownership of the first game, since they help payd for tis development. Sega's involvement with Bayo 2 is literraly nothing. Outside of possibly one Sega Rep sitting in Platinum Games development center, drinking coffee, and just watching everything happen.

Sega was willing to let the Bayonetta series die because they didnt think Bayo2 was worth investing in. So I refuse to associate Sega with Bayonetta 2, since they weren't willing to help the game be made.

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
Jeez, whats with this site in double posting. I press the "Post" button, and nothing happens. press it again, then suddenly a double post.

is this site always this glitchy?

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
x D

made a topic requesting the same thing, didn't know this one existed till it was pointed out

I do believe Bayonetta has a high chance. Sure Sega has ownership of the first game, but not the second. Sega is involved in Bayo2, but only as an observer. They are not helping the games development, or even funding it. So they technically have nothing to do with it, outside of possibly one Sega Rep sitting in Platinum Games development center, drinking coffee, and just watching everything happen.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Jeez, whats with this site in double posting. I press the "Post" button, and nothing happens. press it again, then suddenly a double post.

is this site always this glitchy?
Usually what it is is that when you press the "post reply" button, you have to wait for it to load that post. To prevent a double-post, but ensure the post you want isn't lost, copy all of what you want to post mid-loading (assuming it's taking a million years to load), and then refresh the page. 9 times out of 10, the post you wanted to display will have posted correctly, but in the uncommon chance where it doesn't, you can paste the copied post and try again. Did that make sense? Hope this helps.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think she could work in the sense that Solid Snake did. Not moveset wise but the way she stands out, gives her her own uniqueness.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
No I'm sorry wonderful red is more likly who sakurai came for if he was going to talk to platinum for a character besides sonic represents sega and sonic might be a returner due to request and the director of sega wishes for sonic to be involved of all future smash bros that's what he said any way

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Isn't one of the rules for 3rd parties: "must have appeared on a Nintendo System?"
And she hasn't.
She will.
But she hasn't.
Bayonetta 2 has no release date yet - just 2014. If it were for sure releasing before SSB4, I would say there would be more of a chance.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Bayonetta 2 should be out before Smash 4. But by then, Smash 4 should be nearly done at least.

Bayonetta isn't a "Sega rep". She is designed by platinum games, SEGA just published the first game. Nintendo is doing it this time. They saved the series actually. Platinum generally has no interest in doing anything twice (even though they specialize into making nothing but beat em up games) and Bayonetta 2 would not have been made without Nintendo. That investment has nothing to do with Sega.

If Platinum does get something into Smash, all I'd need is for Rareware to somehow reunite with Nintendo and I can die happy. Sonic vs Mario vs Bayonetta vs Banjo.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Isn't one of the rules for 3rd parties: "must have appeared on a Nintendo System?"
And she hasn't.
She will.
But she hasn't.
Bayonetta 2 has no release date yet - just 2014. If it were for sure releasing before SSB4, I would say there would be more of a chance.

The same could be said about Roy.

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
I think that Bayonetta 2 being released after smash would not alter her chances of getting in. Bayonetta 2 is supposed to be one of the major Wii U games those purpose is to help selling Wii Us, something that unfortunate console desperately needs. And therefore an inclusion in Smash would be a great way to advertise the game, so more people will be familiar with Bayonetta and look forward to her new game.

Also we also have that picture of Platinum Games' front desk. I don't think Sakurai would post this for nothing.

However, even if I want her so badly in the game (she is flat-out my most-wanted newcomer), I still know that she will face some problems, notably with the games ratings. Though I trust Sakurai and his team to make her fit in the Smash universe.

Anyways, I don't think we need to focus of Bayonetta 2's release date being anterior or ulterior to Sm4sh's as it will probably won't matter at all.

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
from what I understand, Bayonetta 2 is planned to come out before smash? I dunno, i could be remembering wrong, but if her game did indeed come out before smash did, i think that could work.

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
from what I understand, Bayonetta 2 is planned to come out before smash? I dunno, i could be remembering wrong, but if her game did indeed come out before smash did, i think that could work.
We have strictly no idea whever Bayonetta 2 hits the shelves before or after smash... The only thing we might have is that a user from the Bayonetta Wiki found some link seemingly hinting at Bayonetta 2 being released on May the 1st, though I don't think it was ever confirmed by either Nintendo or Platinum Games.

Though as I said before I'm sure the release dates don't matter. Especially if we do get the port of the first Bayonetta on Wii U before the second game. :awesome:

Tesh

Smash Hero
Nintendo doesn't often venture into M rated genres. Bayonetta is cool, but release dates and the Wii U struggle aside, she doesn't really belong in smash. Snake being allowed in isn't even close to the type of content Bayonetta is associated with.

This isn't PSASBR, Sakurai has a higher standard and Bayonetta doesn't have a long history Nintendo, isn't a major character on her own (Bayonetta was successful, but its not like that puts her in the same league as megaman, sonic or snake) and is most likely just too "sexy" for a T rated game.

We got Rosalina, a lady as tall as Bowser with legs that take up 3/4s of her body. Thats as close as you will get to Bayonetta in Smash.

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
GAMESTOP IS NOW LISTING BAYONETTA 2 FOR MAY

Popular US retailer GameStop have now listed Platinum Games long-awaited Bayonetta 2 with a May 1st release date. Neither Nintendo or Platinum have mentioned a firm release date, so this should simply be considered a placeholder. Hopefully we should hear more information about Bayonetta 2 in a forthcoming Nintendo Direct.

http://mynintendonews.com/2013/12/22/gamestop-is-now-listing-bayonetta-2-for-may/
I already saw that somewhere else but still it's some great news:bee:. Let's just pray it is true.

Please God let that be true please God let that be true please God etc etc ...

Tesh

Smash Hero
May 1st isn't that big of a deal imo. Its been in development for a while (wasnt it annoucned around the same time as Smash 4?).

It will be out after Mario Kart and Potentially smash at this rate.

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
May 1st isn't that big of a deal imo. Its been in development for a while (wasnt it annoucned around the same time as Smash 4?).

It will be out after Mario Kart and Potentially smash at this rate.

I agree it has been in development for a while now so that to me would sound about right,Yes i think it was announced about the same time smash 4 was.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I don't want to be a negative nancy, but Sakurai said that he's not just letting any third party character get into smash bros, and even though Nintendo is publishing Bayonetta 2, it's just one game. They've made deals with third parties many tumescent before to have their games exclusively on their platforms, and besides, having just one exclusive game on a Nintendo console doesn't match the tons of Mega Man and Sonic games on Nintendo systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom