• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bayonetta Summons the Climax! Updated OT. - (Old Bayonetta Support Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
I don't think Bayonetta would have a problem fitting in at all, seeing as how we have Snake in the game. The only problem is competition with more popular and deserving characters, and because of that, Bayonetta has virtually no chance at all.

jigglover

Smash Lord
Not to mention she is impossible at the time of the roster decision.
What if production for Bayonetta 2 is cancelled or Sony or microsoft pays platinum studios a load of cash to release it on their respective console exclusivly?

D

Deleted member

Jigglover, no.
The fact she has a game PLANNED means she's elligible.

And don't use crap "What if" scenarios, as I could easily say "What if Sakurai decided to screw the rules and add her anyway, no matter what happens?"
What ifs are never good to make arguments.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
What if production for Bayonetta 2 is cancelled or Sony or microsoft pays platinum studios a load of cash to release it on their respective console exclusivly?
Except Nintendo is publishing the game AND are the ones who resurrected the game.

Pichu4SSB4

You're not going Turbo?
Not really. The biggest mis-fit is the fire emblem series, and that still fits in pretty well. The problem I see with Bayonetta is looking at her, Marth and Pikachu side-by-side and asked who's the odd-one-out. You'll say Bayonetta.
Fire Emblem characters fits perfectly into Smash, they are more anime looking than realistic such as Snake. And if Bayonetta's design is in a different category compared to the Nintendo cast, is that a bad thing? I thought the same thing about Snake when he was first announced, but now after Brawl his toned down counterpart fits quite well. And so can Bayonetta, and other "realistic nonfitting" characters.

Yeah, no. Nintendo is the very reason Bayonetta 2 even saw the light of the day.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
She has the moves, she has the style.
Just tone her down a bit on the swearing and stripping, and she wouldn't be that bad.
She can keep her character by throwing some weaker innuendo; it's not like Smash hasn't done so already. ("Mei Ling, Samus took her clothes off!" and "You know, I bet if I took off all this heavy gear, I could catch her...")
and it's not unlike anything done in Kid Icarus Uprising, which has a lot of these kind of jokes.

[COLLAPSE="Uprising quotes"]Palutena: I'm sensing treasure somewhere to your left.
Pit: How do you know that?
Palutena: From the heavens, I can see through your laurel crown to divine your surroundings!
Pit: Really? That's amazing!
Palutena: And that's not all I can see, Pit. I can also see what's in your heart.
Pit: Oh... (nervous) Heh heh... That's really... something.
Palutena: So you'd better not be thinking about anything... NAUGHTY.
Pit: WHAT?! HOW DID YOU—
Palutena: Just kidding! Seriously, reading hearts through laurel crowns?
Pit: I know... I was... also kidding.
Palutena: (teasingly) Sure you were. [/COLLAPSE]

Bayonetta just needs to be toned down a little, just like Snake in Brawl, and she wouldn't fit bad. Bayonetta 2 being a Wii U exclusive and published by Nintendo definitely helps and could be a form of advertising in SSB4, even if by that time Bayonetta 2 wouldn't be as new, but could be enough to get more people interested. of course, another factor would be how well Bayonetta 2 will sell...

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
[COLLAPSE="Uprising quotes"]Palutena: I'm sensing treasure somewhere to your left.
Pit: How do you know that?
Palutena: From the heavens, I can see through your laurel crown to divine your surroundings!
Pit: Really? That's amazing!
Palutena: And that's not all I can see, Pit. I can also see what's in your heart.
Pit: Oh... (nervous) Heh heh... That's really... something.
Palutena: So you'd better not be thinking about anything... NAUGHTY.
Pit: WHAT?! HOW DID YOU—
Palutena: Just kidding! Seriously, reading hearts through laurel crowns?
Pit: I know... I was... also kidding.
Palutena: (teasingly) Sure you were. [/COLLAPSE]

Bayonetta just needs to be toned down a little, just like Snake in Brawl, and she wouldn't fit bad. Bayonetta 2 being a Wii U exclusive and published by Nintendo definitely helps and could be a form of advertising in SSB4, even if by that time Bayonetta 2 wouldn't be as new, but could be enough to get more people interested. of course, another factor would be how well Bayonetta 2 will sell...
Thus the main reason why that game was rated E+10 for Suggestive Themes, though Bayonetta was more extreme.

I like the way you think, Frostwraith. Having Bayonetta in Smash would be perfect advertisement for the upcoming sequel.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Thus the main reason why that game was rated E+10 for Suggestive Themes, though Bayonetta was more extreme.
Let's not forget the glorious sideboob.
[COLLAPSE="Sideboob"]
[/COLLAPSE]

Snakeyes

Smash Journeyman
Bayonetta would be a great pick. She's got a unique fighting style and would be a welcome female addition to the roster.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
As long as people don't mind 2 Sega reps I guess.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I would like her only to put an end to all that "NO GUNS NO SEXISM" bull****.
I wouldn't be surprised to see her coming as DLC, so the kids which buy Sm4sh won't be able to use her unless they have the permission of the parents. Even free day one DLC, that wouldn't surprise me that much.

D

Deleted member

I support her.

I think all the negative reasons about sexuality and the like are blown way out of proportion. It also seems most the naysayers haven't played the game yet. It's not THAT bad.

We'll find out this E3.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I support her.

I think all the negative reasons about sexuality and the like are blown way out of proportion. It also seems most the naysayers haven't played the game yet. It's not THAT bad.

We'll find out this E3.
I'll agree. Sexuality isn't an issue (ZSS *cough cough*).

I just don't think she'll ever take the place of Sonic.

Tesh

Smash Hero
ZSS sex appeal is not the same as Bayonetta sex appeal. ZSS just happens to have a form fitting costume, this is in no way vulgar or unfit for children to see. Just as Snake's form fitting costume is just as appropriate for a T rated game. Bayonetta performs special moves by twisting into erotic poses, firing guns and removing her clothes. Its like comparing Katy Perry to Jenna Jameson. Yes ZSS and Katy Perry have some sex appeal, but its not their entire premise, which is why its okay to have Katy on PBS and its okay for ZSS to be in a T rated game.

They could put Bayonetta in and adapt her for the game, but they would need to strip her (no pun intended) of most of what she is (a foul mouthed, gun wielding angel slaying, sexy ****ing celebrity).

Even with Nintendo partnering with Platinum for a few games, there are better options for a kids game. Sam Gideon from Vanquish or the lead hero from Wonderful 101 would be a much better fit for Smash despite not being as popular.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
ZSS sex appeal is not the same as Bayonetta sex appeal. ZSS just happens to have a form fitting costume, this is in no way vulgar or unfit for children to see. Just as Snake's form fitting costume is just as appropriate for a T rated game. Bayonetta performs special moves by twisting into erotic poses, firing guns and removing her clothes. Its like comparing Katy Perry to Jenna Jameson. Yes ZSS and Katy Perry have some sex appeal, but its not their entire premise, which is why its okay to have Katy on PBS and its okay for ZSS to be in a T rated game.

They could put Bayonetta in and adapt her for the game, but they would need to strip her (no pun intended) of most of what she is (a foul mouthed, gun wielding angel slaying, sexy ****ing celebrity).

Even with Nintendo partnering with Platinum for a few games, there are better options for a kids game. Sam Gideon from Vanquish or the lead hero from Wonderful 101 would be a much better fit for Smash despite not being as popular.
Couldnt agree more thats why i said she belongs in my bedroom.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
I would like her only to put an end to all that "NO GUNS NO SEXISM" bull****.
The sexual part can be dealt with so id agree thats not really an issue, but the guns are a big part of what id say is keeping her out and it cant really be thrown out as an non issue. It worked for snake since he had explosives and many other things to fall back on within his games, but bayonetta would not be so lucky. Like snake she would be stripped of her guns, meaning the pistols and ones on her heels as well would be gone. It wouldnt be that big of a deal since she would still represent the character well enough, but the guns are a huge part of her design, you never see her without them and i highly doubt sakurai would do a diservice to her character and design by removing them for one of her sword subweapons or something else. Snake was never defined by a certain set of weapons or single weapon and thus loosing his bullet based ones doesnt diminish his character and design at all, bayonetta doesnt have that luxury if sakurai intends to stick with his rules against realistic weapons/bullets.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Bayonetta is defined by her "wicked weave" attacks far more than her guns. No matter which weapon she uses (various guns, bladed ice skates, fiery claws, a snake whip etc.) Her clothing is used to attack enemies and more powerful attacks leave her more exposed.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
The sexual part can be dealt with so id agree thats not really an issue, but the guns are a big part of what id say is keeping her out and it cant really be thrown out as an non issue. It worked for snake since he had explosives and many other things to fall back on within his games, but bayonetta would not be so lucky. Like snake she would be stripped of her guns, meaning the pistols and ones on her heels as well would be gone. It wouldnt be that big of a deal since she would still represent the character well enough, but the guns are a huge part of her design, you never see her without them and i highly doubt sakurai would do a diservice to her character and design by removing them for one of her sword subweapons or something else. Snake was never defined by a certain set of weapons or single weapon and thus loosing his bullet based ones doesnt diminish his character and design at all, bayonetta doesnt have that luxury if sakurai intends to stick with his rules against realistic weapons/bullets.
Sakurai has to stop with his stupid rules, that's it.
Also Falcon has a gun in his holster which he doesn't use so that' not a problem.
And Sakurai could make guns and bullets more cartoonish and unrealistic like PSABR did.

Also, I think that in these days, bombs and stuff are MUCH MORE politically uncomfortable than guns, really.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
One thing. Can someone who's played Bayonetta 1 give her a rough moveset so we've got a better idea of how she'd potentially play. All I can think of is neutral b gunshots that can be done up to 4 times.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I'm a big fan of Bayonetta so I'll give it a try.

Up B should be turning into a crow. It would function like ROBs Up B except her only attack would be firing feathers at her opponent.
Down B is Witch Time , this will function like Double Team, but instead of automatically attacking, your opponent will recover slowly from his attack allowing you to get a free hit.
Side B is Durga and functions similar to Samus' missles. Tilt for Lighting Durga, Smash for Fire Durga. Lightning performs a quick strike with low knockback, fire is slow and powerful. Holding B after the hitbox is out will charge a 2nd hit.
Neutral B - Bayonetta randomly fires one of her guns (Scarborough Fair, SaiFung, Kilgore)

Z-Air - Kulshedra, Bayonetta's Snake Whip. This Zair does no damage, but can grapple enemies just as well as a ledge (but it will not autotarget enemies) allowing Bayonetta to pull herself closer to enemies. This would not be the smartest thing to use on shields as it would pull you closer someone ready to punish you.

Up and Side Smash have special functions like Ness. There is an initial hit before the charging phase and holding the button fires bullets a weak spray of bullets.
Down Smash- Oddete, Bayonetta spins around on ice skates. The sweetspot of this move will freeze enemies.

Final Smash - Another random one guys. Bayonetta summons 1 of her infernal demons, Queen Sheba being the most powerful.

Her grab would be a typical ranged quick grab, but once it connects, Hekatoncheir would appear from the ground and hold her opponent while she pummels by slapping opponents with her gun.

Her jabs, tilts and aerials should all be basic and wicked weave attacks. Madama Butterfly would have to be downsized for balance.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Sakurai has to stop with his stupid rules, that's it.
Also Falcon has a gun in his holster which he doesn't use so that' not a problem.
And Sakurai could make guns and bullets more cartoonish and unrealistic like PSABR did.

Also, I think that in these days, bombs and stuff are MUCH MORE politically uncomfortable than guns, really.
This, lol on how Nathan Drake uses real world guns in the PSASBR game. And yeah Snake uses explosives which are way more dangerous than guns. Though they could easily switch Bayonetta's projectiles for "magic" bullets by "dressing" them as "energy."

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
I'm a big fan of Bayonetta so I'll give it a try.

Up B should be turning into a crow. It would function like ROBs Up B except her only attack would be firing feathers at her opponent.
Down B is Witch Time , this will function like Double Team, but instead of automatically attacking, your opponent will recover slowly from his attack allowing you to get a free hit.
Side B is Durga and functions similar to Samus' missles. Tilt for Lighting Durga, Smash for Fire Durga. Lightning performs a quick strike with low knockback, fire is slow and powerful. Holding B after the hitbox is out will charge a 2nd hit.
Neutral B - Bayonetta randomly fires one of her guns (Scarborough Fair, SaiFung, Kilgore)

Z-Air - Kulshedra, Bayonetta's Snake Whip. This Zair does no damage, but can grapple enemies just as well as a ledge (but it will not autotarget enemies) allowing Bayonetta to pull herself closer to enemies. This would not be the smartest thing to use on shields as it would pull you closer someone ready to punish you.

Up and Side Smash have special functions like Ness. There is an initial hit before the charging phase and holding the button fires bullets a weak spray of bullets.
Down Smash- Oddete, Bayonetta spins around on ice skates. The sweetspot of this move will freeze enemies.

Final Smash - Another random one guys. Bayonetta summons 1 of her infernal demons, Queen Sheba being the most powerful.

Her grab would be a typical ranged quick grab, but once it connects, Hekatoncheir would appear from the ground and hold her opponent while she pummels by slapping opponents with her gun.

Her jabs, tilts and aerials should all be basic and wicked weave attacks. Madama Butterfly would have to be downsized for balance.
I have updated the OP with your move set.

Snakeyes

Smash Journeyman
This, lol on how Nathan Drake uses real world guns in the PSASBR game. And yeah Snake uses explosives which are way more dangerous than guns. Though they could easily switch Bayonetta's projectiles for "magic" bullets by "dressing" them as "energy."
Bayonetta's guns are far from what you'd consider realistic anyway

Tesh

Smash Hero
Guns aren't an issue in a T rated game. Hell you can put alot of violence in E game even today. Not sure about Asia, but Western culture frowns upon sex alot more than violence and will hide nudity from children alot longer than blood and explosions.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Guns aren't an issue in a T rated game. Hell you can put alot of violence in E game even today. Not sure about Asia, but Western culture frowns upon sex alot more than violence and will hide nudity from children alot longer than blood and explosions.
Historically speaking, the director of the Smash Bros. games have avoided depicting characters using knives or guns. Presumably, this isn't because they are inherently more violent than swords and arrows, but because kids can access a gun or a knife in their household more easily and Sakurai really doesn't want kids pretending to be Smash Bros and stabbing each other.

It's hard to say if Bayonetta's weapon issue is greater than her sexed-upness, but I'm inclined to say that she doesn't fit with Smash and would take way too much change to make her suitable.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Would Bayonetta represent the big partnership with Sega and Nintendo?
bayonetta 1 was published by sega but not created by SEGA

bayonetta represents a big partnership with Platinum Games and Nintendo (they are making at least 2 games exclusive for Wii U)
what represents a big partnership between SEGA and Nintendo is the 3 upcoming Sonic games exclusive to Wiii u and 3ds

D

Deleted member

Would Bayonetta represent the big partnership with Sega and Nintendo?
We don't know if the partnership has any relevance to Smash at all. Unless we hear proof that Sonic will return/there will be more Sega characters because of the partnership, the partnership should not be considered relevant to Smash.

Tesh

Smash Hero
sonic is a big deal for smash, no other character available can match the amount of fans sonic brings

sonic fans have proven for decades they will buy any piece of crap with sonic in it, so it would make no sense at all to remove sonic

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Bad news people. Let's just hope he was sick of the messages and not the idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom