• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BBR Weekly Character Discussion #11: Lucario

Status
Not open for further replies.

Browny

Smash Hater
Pierce's "I" is merely redundant, yet you act as if it changes the nature of his post. There is nothing wrong with citing experience as evidence, as it is ultimately empirical. A better rebuttal would be to give a counter-example, rather than the blatant ad hominem and pretentiousness that you responded with.
Sigh...

I've been around here enough to know that arguing theorycraft with him is a futile excercise. Nothing me, you, or anyone can ever say will change what he thinks. Tell me, what good would it be doing citing my examples? What would be actual result of me doing so? If I am ever going to spend my time arguing theorycraft, it will be between other Luc mains to discuss new ways to use him more effectively and slowly turn his matchups more to his favour which actually has potential to create a real effect.

There IS an issue with his subjective arguments.

Quotes like
'Lucario is a gimmick'
'but MKs that do know the MU (like me) destroy all instances of this character'

Are bad. They leave apparently no room for doubt (his lack of IMO or something similar) and uses nothing but his experiences to make these calls.

These quotes are better
'I think I'm justified in saying that as the level of play ascends, the number of mistakes opponents make are reduced.'
'Eh, he is slow. All his moves have heavy start up, but he can roll out of pressure. Once inside, apply pressure and read the inevitable roll. Easier said than done, of course.'

At least there is room for people to argue this (in the first example, it would be that high-level Lucarios dont get gimped etc). It normally wouldnt be an issue if the BBR werent so ignorant, almost no one actually debates any of these possibilities with him, they just lazily accept the first 2 quotes as a fact which of course is not true at all. Please remember I dont have a problem with his style, it was simply the fact that in the BBR restricted discussion, the subjective arguments were far more effective than they should have been. It was an issue again vs the Luc mains because as I stated, we all have our own experiences which may say differently, no one can say who is right and it is pointless to debate it. The only thing I am going to counter with evidence will be proven facts, such as his increasing tournament dominance and the increasing safety of his moves as aura increases.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Well, I dunno, I mean, if good players bother to read my strategies on the MU (which have been proven in actual play btw, not just theory) then I could see your character taking a minor drop.

By that definition of gimmick, meaning flashy but of little value, I call out Lucario so hard, because all that walling should not work on players that know how to deal with it properly.

It's not theory-craft if it's the actual strategy I employ in practice bro. My call on the Luc vs. Pika MU is theory craft. Hell, Lucario's maintaining placings is theory-craft. I simply aim to educate people on underused flaws in your character. Insulting the BBR over that just makes you look defensive and silly.

Also, I would say that people are far from having lost their faith in me. I'm pretty good at this game, and often very accurate in the things I say. As I said two posts ago, feel free to inform me of tools your character possesses that I might be overlooking.

Bair is decent, except it's way too slow.

It is amusing that your reaction is, "ZOMG, he thinks Lucario isn't good and stated so in a well thought out and decent paragraph. I'm gonna flame until they leave the boards, how dare they even think of talking of our character like they know something. But darn, he's actually vastly knowledgeable and experienced, so I'll just call it theory-craft and retreat in superiority."

If you honestly feel that is not what you did, then I question your personal views.
That isn't a gimmick.

Honestly all I've seen from your posts is showing problems/flaws with the character, nothing really proved he was a gimmick by nature.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Wha? Is that all?

I thought he meant all of them, not just two...

Steam

Smash Hero
if only peach plucked chocolate with her downB. then praxis would be screwed yet worshiped by all lucs :0

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I two stocked Junebug's Lucario in tournament, he switched to MK to beat me :(

Haven't played Zucco yet.

Two stocked FlameWaveK, iRJ, Junebug, and Shippo. Lulz

I dunno I might've beaten some others too. I fought a lot of Lucarios. XD

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
He 2 stocked me on siege

Tbh he made a mistake and got killed 1st game but a kill is a kill

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Praxis, come back to Houston for another Hobo...we barely even played when you came. :(

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I had close matches with Lee Martin. No two stocks :'( Dangit.

Also, Trela reminded me that I beat him in all of our friendlies at my last HOBO, so imma gonna troll with that too. xD

HAT

Smash Ace
3-0ed praxis, lucario vs peach 5$ mm. all last stock mid-high percent, and he took me to green greens. loool

Praxis is also a furry according to the poll.

-lee martin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom