• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BC plays MELEE - no Brawl allowed - May 15/16, 2010 - Burnaby+Vancouver, BC, Canada

The_Game

Smash Apprentice
if I go I'll mm you cus victra said you were chill when he was in WA, and I was here hosting his tournament for him

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
Have you even played Brawl+ before? It's actually really fun, I'd give it a chance. Its kind of like an aggressive version of Brawl with higher hitstun than melee and lots of character balance (well, more than melee and brawl at least).

You can also play as Captain Obama so.........

Rusty Shacklefurd

Smash Lord
South-east of New Zealand, and no, you'll never fi
All this talk about barlw and censorship is starting to make me think the word "brawl" should be censored.

Anyways, just a thought, seeing as how there's a lot of indecision about when this should be held, would it be possible for you to edit the thread and start up a pole so people could vote for June or May? Just to see where people stand on the issue, you know?

dieslow

Smash Ace
I ACCEPT ALL MM's $5+ YEAYUZ

pls dont bring ka master hes 2g00t
BC > WA lulz
pb&j pls bring lambchops

carl if u choke agian im just gonna assume ur bad =P LOL jkjk

++ new tourney idea:
people who are confident that thye will do good put MORE money into the tourney pot and are then eligible to win that extra monies based on placings.

so say entry is $10, u can double buy for $10 more and are eligible to win that extra money that other confident people contributed to the pot.

that is fully optional, obviously. Thoughts? Meta u like?

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
If you make a poll I would make it Early May, Late May, or Early June as options, not just May or June.
I personally want it any time after Memorial day.

Also I really want to showcase some B+ at this tournament, just give it a chance, it really is a fun mod.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
I would **** bc too hard
except tony
Have you even played Brawl+ before? It's actually really fun, I'd give it a chance. Its kind of like an aggressive version of Brawl with higher hitstun than melee and lots of character balance (well, more than melee and brawl at least).

You can also play as Captain Obama so.........
I lol'd. I wouldn't mind trying out brawl+. But if I wanted to play a good game, why wouldn't I just play melee? Show me the latest (version) brawl+ videos.
Well then $5 it is nyukkah
I'll MM you for any amount under $20, so long as it is recorded.

I'll MM any OOS for $5. As long as we have vids I'm happy =D.

Also, I'm bad, don't worry.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
lots of character balance
Not in the slightest. It hasn't been played even 1/1000th enough to determine if it's balanced. I played a version in July and could exploit the **** out of the littlest things and broke the game that day. Never lost a match afterwards. 2 years after the FINAL version, then start making claims that don't make sense ;D hahaha <3

All this talk about barlw and censorship is starting to make me think the word "brawl" should be censored.
That's genius really. <3

pls dont bring ka master hes 2g00t
BC > WA lulz

++ new tourney idea:
lulz ka and bc <3

That side betting tourney idea is pretty much just like a side bet thing (like the old days of you and manuel? lulz) so you could just work that out on your own basing off who places highest in that pool of people.

A poll for each of the POSSIBLE WEEKENDS is easy enough and more effecient than a general time period >_>

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
I know Brawl+ is more balanced than Brawl because of pure logic. They buffed low tier characters a lot and nerfed high tier characters a bit. Sure, the balance isn't perfect, but it is pretty good.

Also most exploits are due to failure in DI. Any CGs that are found are fixed rather quickly and I can't even think of what else you would be talking about.

Also, for a video of Brawl+ in action (also featuring a mix by Eggz): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZBImJv8HbQ

That's an older version of it too, from way back in July.

Also note that textures do not come with it so if you don't like them you don't have to have them.

And yes some clips feature Roy, although he isn't official in the least.

Brawl+ plays kind of like a hybrid of all three smash games.

If nothing else, it's a fun mod to try out, but I think it has serious potential as a competitive game.

ikool

Smash Apprentice
I know Brawl+ is more balanced than Brawl because of pure logic. They buffed low tier characters a lot and nerfed high tier characters a bit. Sure, the balance isn't perfect, but it is pretty good.

If nothing else, it's a fun mod to try out, but I think it has serious potential as a competitive game.
Snapples, I'm down to playin some brawl+ seeing as I'm goin and not playin melee. It all goes down to what the tourney organizers say.

unityole

Smash Lord
well **** i am bringing japanese smash 64 to this as well as gameshark, hype it

Top Bottom