• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BC: SSBB PR - updated: Dec 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

bundtcake

Smash Ace
Bring everyone you can! :) It kinda sucks that despite being just one province away, the only player that has had the opportunity to play with both communities is Firefly :p

EDIT: eww I keep forgetting to turn smilies off

bundtcake

Smash Ace
Probably around 15ish in the Vancouver area, then there's some in the Okanagan and a few on Vancouver Island, so being generous I'd say maybe 25 altogether?

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
There's NO Brawl in BC because BC plays melee...
BUUUUUT
There WILL be Brawl in BC eventually...like now

Can someone give me a rough idea what a Top 10 would look like right now?

Got this so far

1. Firefly+other 2 from previous page tied but they didn't post on this page so I can't remember them without looking but I'm too lazy to look right now.
2. Firefly+other 2 from previous page tied but they didn't post on this page so I can't remember them without looking but I'm too lazy to look right now.
3. Firefly+other 2 from previous page tied but they didn't post on this page so I can't remember them without looking but I'm too lazy to look right now.

Koski, Fazha, Dotz, Zyfe (when he doesn't go emo and plays more than once a month), me (when I come out of my tempretirement in the new year), some other nubcakes from the Okanagan all go about even (or at least close enough to be considered that way for now even when some positions are quite obvious anyway)

Who else is notable in Van area?

We can put 'generally rough skill brackets of players' in ties for now just to get an idea then start debating/playing for spots/etc.

Until then... #1 :043:
:\

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
IMO, current top 3 looks like this:

1/2. breez / bundtcake
3. me

Kosk would be wierd to place (if he still cares enough to play), since I outperformed him at ADAT 2, but I honestly don't know how he'd do against breez or cake. After that, it gets kinda wierd. Out of Vancouver, I think LFL is most likely 4th after me, with AsaDelta and Ic0nic possibly 5th and 6th, but it's really hard to sort that out now, as results below the top 3 are all over the place. Fazha is probably somewhere between our top 3 and everybody else. I have no clue where the rest of Okanagan would go. =S

More input from Vancouver area would be great, because I honestly don't know what to do beyond sepearating the top 3 from everybody else. =/

:005:

Alphicans

Smash Hero
There was that MK I played at SFU and Dotz was pretty good as well. Oh and that pika, whatever happened to him he looked like he was gonna be legit.

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
I was going even with Fazha last smashfest once I got all settled in; I'm back without my rust now, so no more upsets are gonna be happening against me, like bundtcake or Fazha. ;-)

James, you still gotta call me a nubcake? :(

As for the tournament, it's going to be in abottsford as LFL probably told some of you vancouver guys. I'm trying to get WA, but if anyone in AB wants to spread hype and then come to get *****, please go ahead.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
So I heard your diddy is sex now
And we double diddy sexed up some nubs

But yes I be calling you other nubs
Notice I said OTHER
meaning the OTHERS of the NUBS I already named

AKA they're all nubs
;)

Top 3 I got already
>_>
lol but yeah I know what you mean. Either way, getting a dozen more players or whatever just SOMEWHERE on the list tied would be a good start.

Fazha gets ***** by Ganon and Yoshi and all those characters that people here don't care about or spam, but he does well against Falcos and MKs and sheeeit somehow (with Ike wtf?) so he's somewhere in the middle.

Kosk has legitemous and is consistant with it, Dotz I haven't seen lately but he likes melee now. Still decent at Barwl but I donno how good anymore. Zyfe is the sex when he plays for seriously.

AJ is potentially a sexy beast as well as Dave (Zyfes sexy suit teammate).
That's about it aside from me that I'd even bother considering for PR.

I'd be #1 in Canada if I went all Bowser, fsmash only. But that's hax...

Just sort out your Van guys, we'll sort it out here, then we'll mix at a tourney or whatever. :)

bundtcake

Smash Ace
I was going even with Fazha last smashfest once I got all settled in; I'm back without my rust now, so no more upsets are gonna be happening against me, like bundtcake or Fazha. ;-)

As for the tournament, it's going to be in abottsford as LFL probably told some of you vancouver guys. I'm trying to get WA, but if anyone in AB wants to spread hype and then come to get *****, please go ahead.
Oh? Are you still playing a bunch of random characters, too, or are you settling into a main? (plz say random characters not enough people here play more than 1/2 different ones D:)

And oh, I knew there were plans to start getting monthlies in Abbotsford, didn't realize there was supposed to be a particularly big one though :O (sorry if you told me and I forgot, Jordan D:)

And yeah, I'm not really sure how I'd place people below 3rd, everyone's improving at different rates each time and the rankings have not been very consistant so it's hard to tell XD (ending this with parantheses to keep the pattern going D:)

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Lib is semi-mainaging now
Diddy and **** ionno

I'm ****ing random as **** though
And ****ing **** **** good holy ****

Profanity is in this post

Zyfe

Smash Rookie
So I heard your diddy is sex now
And we double diddy sexed up some nubs
Except your diddy is mega bad and if I recall you two lost all the matches where you double-bad-diddy'd against me. :p

I mean come on teach A.J how to dodge attacks or something he just falls right into oli's up-smash every time.

Ebby56

Smash Cadet

Put money on the table, I will 2-0 you with Fox again. ;) You went even with my third.

I'd put Kosk at # 2-3, Given that He 3-0ed me easily in our MM and I came within a stock of beating Breez.

We need to play each other more often before we can set up any sort of reliable ranking.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Put money on the table, I will 2-0 you with Fox again. ;) You went even with my third.

I'd put Kosk at # 2-3, Given that He 3-0ed me easily in our MM and I came within a stock of beating Breez.

We need to play each other more often before we can set up any sort of reliable ranking.
But I 3-0ed you, and beat Kosk twice in tourney. Breez is 2-1 against me, at least in tourney placings. XD

I definitely agree with the last part. I can't see a definitive ranking involving both Vancouver and Okanagan being properly fleshed out until we get a big tourney where all of our players can compete.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
That and Ike is a cake walk after having faced as many Marths as I have. =P

Really though, we need to play again, just to see how well you figure out the match-up.

Also, Vancouver peoples, list the top 3 in our area. NO MERCY

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
lol, I put the money on the table Alex, I remember someone refusing to MM.

@BundtCake- I'm kinda tossing around a few characters, but I'm still narrowing them down best I can. Wario, GaW, Diddy, and MK. I still like to dabble in friendlies with other top tiers like Snake and Falco, even though they are tres horrible, and had Marth not been one of my subs in melee, I'd dab in him too.

As for the monthlies, the plan is to have the first in Abbostford in Jan, second just arrange a carpool or two to Tourneyplay (anyone who deosn't ahve a passport should start on it NOW), third is our major event that ALL OF AB SHOULD GO TO IN MARCH, and then since Jordan is going somewhere in April (can't exactly remember where) we're gonna have one going down in Okanagan (if I can find a venue. :/)

Edit: Lol zyfe. I remember only losing 2 of the matches, with more than 2 matches of double dids.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
lol I just got zyfe to ragepost after calling him emo and msn nagging him about being a quitter. Don't listen to zyfe, he's nub like Lib.

bundtcake

Smash Ace
That and Ike is a cake walk after having faced as many Marths as I have. =P

Really though, we need to play again, just to see how well you figure out the match-up.

Also, Vancouver peoples, list the top 3 in our area. NO MERCY

I think most of them don't lurk efficiently enough to find this thread 8D;

Zyfe

Smash Rookie
lol I just got zyfe to ragepost after calling him emo and msn nagging him about being a quitter. Don't listen to zyfe, he's nub like Lib.
Oh you. :lick:

Fine lib I will give you 50/50.

Now how about you give me a partner that doesn't take a stock from me when I'm still on my first stock every match? :p

bundtcake

Smash Ace
i dont want my name anywhere near this list
Aww, Kosky's embarrassed by us, how cute <3

To make it more embarrassing we'll have to go around to all of the out of province/country tourneys and say "WE were trained by KOSKINATOR" in a really proud voice

Ebby56

Smash Cadet
AJ you twist words like a politician. You asked me to MM because you were in a line and bored. Next time we play, you'll get no sympathy from me.

@Firefly- I'm really far too lazy to invest in learning the Yoshi matchup. In fact, I'm starting to hate our community because it is forcing me to learn how to beat Ganons and Yoshis instead of Snakes, Marths, and Falcos.

@Max-Brother gotta text me, get back into some Barwls.

@Zyfe-I only take your stocks out of respect. The rivalry between my Ike and your Oli was probably the most interesting thing in OK brawl last year. That and James literally coming up with a new idea (Main smarties, vivid tower) every week. Plus, I can't help it, I teamed with CC for a year and that's just how we would roll.

@James- Wanna teach me melee?

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
@Firefly- I'm really far too lazy to invest in learning the Yoshi matchup. In fact, I'm starting to hate our community because it is forcing me to learn how to beat Ganons and Yoshis instead of Snakes, Marths, and Falcos.
Heh, sorry if my character isn't good enough for you. I suppose I'll have to just 3-0 you again in our next set. <.< And for the recond, everybody else in the Vancouver area uses mid-tier characters or better, including the three you just listed, with some low-tier secondaries every now and again. You're making it sound like we all use trash characters, when it's only actually me.

bundtcake

Smash Ace
:> I need to play you with my Jigglypuff

Ebby56

Smash Cadet
Heh, sorry if my character isn't good enough for you. I suppose I'll have to just 3-0 you again in our next set. <.< And for the recond, everybody else in the Vancouver area uses mid-tier characters or better, including the three you just listed, with some low-tier secondaries every now and again. You're making it sound like we all use trash characters, when it's only actually me.

Yeesh, take it easy, guys. Apparently, I need to use /sarcasm more often. :p

At least your board has a working matchup thread that does more than six characters, Firefly :p. In order for me to learn the Yoshi matchup I have to lurk the Yoshi boards, which I've been doing for a while now.

Cake in the abbotsford tournament i'll MM you my Link vs your Jiggs 5$.

Right now my list for BC goes something like:

1. Breez (Snake, sub MK)
2.Firefly (Yoshi, no sub as far as I know)
3.Cake (ROB, sub Kirby/Jigglypuff)
4.Kosk (Ganon, sub Wolf)
T-5.Fahkman (That's me)(Currently no main, sub Ike/Fox/Kirby/Marth/Link/MK)
T-5. Zyfe (Olimar from the OK, sub Marth)
t-5. LFL (Marth, didn't see any sub)
t-8Lib3r4t3 (No main atm, sub Wario/DK/MK/Diddy/Name a high tier character)
t-8 Marklar (Falco, sub Ike)
Wild Card: TwilightShadow, the TO that didn't play in singles. I only saw a few matches of doubles, so maybe slot him in at 8 ahead of lib and marklar. There are a few ties, since not a lot of us have played each other, and I also don't know the top three that well.

Anyone play online? I have to go up North for Xmas and I'll be lonely.

bundtcake

Smash Ace
Great, beat us at a game we don't play. Amazing.

How about you show us some real skill and go to this?

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=255195

Take our money in Melee and I'll be impressed : P
I was waiting for the pseudo-troll melee post :D Took you guys long enough, jeeze~ But srsly, note how he said "WC" and not "BC", and also "Brawl" and not "Smash" in general, the entire WC Smash scene does not revolve around you folks :p (or at least, not any longer)

Cake in the abbotsford tournament i'll MM you my Link vs your Jiggs 5$.

3.Cake (ROB, sub Kirby/Jigglypuff)

Anyone play online? I have to go up North for Xmas and I'll be lonely.
Haha, sounds like a plan :D

LOL. @ listing Jiggly as a sub, obviously she is my main

And how far north are you heading? :p I'm heading back to Prince George for Christmas.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Quote "the entire WC Smash scene does not revolve around you folks :p (or at least, not any longer)"
Actually it does LOL

Take our money in melee and you're as good or better than Zhu.
LOL

Beat us in Brawl and you're less of a noob than noobs.
GG Bawrl hahaha

But yeah, Fazha list works but I say Koski tie top. Like Dan said, Koski would **** if he used Wolf more (like against Yoshi, that's like auto win match up lol)

Max, where you at these days?

Fazha, you have good smash sense so melee wouldn't be that bad if you used a character like Ganon or Jiggs. Someone you don't much but on stage spacing for and you can't be abused too much aside from recovery with Ganon and low % deaths with Jiggs.
Learn melee by playing more at those smashfesty things at cakehz etc.

Okanagan only has like 3-6 brawlers. Not even close to 10 hahaha
Zyfe, Fazha, Lib, Dotz, Kosk.
That's about it for legit players who are an actual threat at all or take it slightly seriously.
I could count but go with those 5 players if anything.

Ebby56

Smash Cadet
I was waiting for the pseudo-troll melee post :D Took you guys long enough, jeeze~ But srsly, note how he said "WC" and not "BC", and also "Brawl" and not "Smash" in general, the entire WC Smash scene does not revolve around you folks :p (or at least, not any longer)

Haha, sounds like a plan :D

LOL. @ listing Jiggly as a sub, obviously she is my main

And how far north are you heading? :p I'm heading back to Prince George for Christmas.
Kitimat. Is Jiggs your main? you crazy bugger.

bundtcake

Smash Ace
Kitimat. Is Jiggs your main? you crazy bugger.
ohhh my god you poor soul there is nothing in kitimat at allllll D: My grandma lives up there and our family visits every once and a while so I know all about it @_@

And no I just thought it was amusing that you thought Jiggs was even a secondary, she's just someone I play in friendlies for fun. :p ROB/Kirby mains, Pika/ICs/Yoshi/PT secondaries 8D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom