• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BC: SSBB PR - updated: Dec 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Yeesh, take it easy, guys. Apparently, I need to use /sarcasm more often. :p

At least your board has a working matchup thread that does more than six characters, Firefly :p. In order for me to learn the Yoshi matchup I have to lurk the Yoshi boards, which I've been doing for a while now.
Or at least a smilie every once in a while or something... D=

I'm usually pretty okay at detecting internet sarcasm, but you fooled me this time. >.<

Anyway, your list lacks Asa. And bundt clearly mains Random. But you wouldn't have that much info based on only being at one of our tournies, so it's understandable.

lol at bringing up Melee. Like, why?

Hah, Kosk would mop the floor with me if he used Wolf. Wolf owns Yoshi, and Yoshi owns Ganon. It doesn't matter though, since he clearly doesn't want to be involved anyway.

/mostlyuselesspost

:005:

Metà

Smash Master
This is the dumbest post Ive read on these boards so far.
Give it some time, you'll see dumber : P

But really, I know the guy plays Melee, and I know WC mostly sucks at Brawl, cause the scene seems to be virtually non-existent.

Also, everything I say is right. Therefore, if you disagree with me, you are wrong. QED

~Firefly~

Smash Hero

But really, I know the guy plays Melee, and I know WC mostly sucks at Brawl, cause the scene seems to be virtually non-existent.

Also, everything I say is right. Therefore, if you disagree with me, you are wrong. QED
It wasn't so much the post itself, as it was where you posted it. This is clearly a Brawl thread, and nobody had mentioned Melee. =S

brawl pros can't play melee for ****.

m2k jv5-stocked lain in melee. and I'm not even trolling this time lol.
But...M2K is also a Brawl pro. XD

:005:

bundtcake

Smash Ace

Those are some mighty big assumptions you're makin'... And you know what they say about assumptions: they make an *** out of you and mptions. But everyone loves mptions so it mostly just makes an *** out of you.

What does it matter even if the whole "brawl pros can't play melee" wasn't just an obscene generalization? It doesn't prove a thing about anything. That's like saying "melee pros can't play soul calibur". Nobody cares. They are two separate games. I mean, I bet I could beat a bunch of Melee (or Brawl!) pros at Smash 64, simply because they don't play the game, or aren't as talented at it. Does that prove anything? No.

The best way to look superior is to not have a superiority complex, guys. (inb4 "LOL. we have nothing to prove to you 'brawl' players" - of course you don't, but neither do we, so shoo)

Ic0nic

Smash Apprentice

Logic jumps like this are beyond ****ing ********.
That's like saying a Basketball player can't play Tennis.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
Nugguh X after dawn x random player. I beat Kage last night his Ganon vs my 6 month rusty not knowing **** about Melee Falcon. He cried and was mad for breaking his 35 streak win vs people. OH WHAT NOW

edit: he didnt cry or was mad, though he wanted to keep his streak XD!

Ebby56

Smash Cadet
On the topic, Now that we have a list we all more or less agree on, can someone get james to fix the front page?

on the melee topic, let's be honest guys. We can name a handfull of Brawl Pros who have done well at melee, but most Melee players can pick up Brawl almost effortlessly (Re: Tim at MOST3)

IMO, it's harder to be good at Melee, but the challenge in Brawl is that everybody is "pro", so you have to take that extra step and go beyond that. Except in BC. Lol.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
Nugguh X after dawn x random player. I beat Kage last night his Ganon vs my 6 month rusty not knowing **** about Melee Falcon. He cried and was mad for breaking his 35 streak win vs people. OH WHAT NOW

edit: he didnt cry or was mad, though he wanted to keep his streak XD!
nugguh plz I jv5 stock m2k when he's drunk and with my mewtwo.
WHERE YOU AT NOW SON? Where is your god now?

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Hah, Kosk would mop the floor with me if he used Wolf. Wolf owns Yoshi, and Yoshi owns Ganon. It doesn't matter though, since he clearly doesn't want to be involved anyway.
:043:
If Kosk is the best Brawler in BC, no johns, he'll be #1 on the list.
LMAO

I know WC mostly sucks at Brawl, cause the scene seems to be virtually non-existent.
Tru Fax

But...M2K is also a Brawl pro. XD
M2K is a melee pro. He was for a long time before Brawl, he was automatically great at Brawl because of this, and he still straight up says Brawl is a chore for him and he only does it for the money.
I don't mean to be offensive by this post btw, just clearing that up. D= (abbotsford style smilie ftw)

On the topic, Now that we have a list we all more or less agree on, can someone get james to fix the front page?

most Melee players can pick up Brawl almost effortlessly (Re: Tim at MOST3)

the challenge in Brawl is that everybody is "pro", so you have to take that extra step and go beyond that. Except in BC. Lol.
I won't update yet (tyler is making will make a picture btw)

Tim is a prime example of melee picking up brawl for like the first time and nearly winning a tourney (Mango also did this and WON a major tourney LOL)

QFT that last part. It's not very common for actual skill gap to be determined and smash smarts to get wins.
Less of a toll on prediction, precision etc, more on patience and consistency. Like melee Ganon dittos but no big hits or hitstun all really floaty and all different style moves.

It's a fun game, but not comparable to melee.

D: Kage was all warm up. and M2K drunk is one terrible thing to play against, he doesnt know what hes doing so SUCK IT NUGGUH
At TP2, I sat down to play M2K and he left, leaving me to play a bunch of noobs. He appologized later when I told him he was a big jerk after the tourney.
At Genesis, I sat down beside M2K, and he got up and left again. He appologized immeadiately because he remembered me from the first time but he had to go play a Brawl match, leaving me to 2/3 stock noobs AGAIN.

Jason Z is afraid of me.

THAT'S HOW GOOD I AM NYUKAH!!!

GO BACK TO EC THREADS BIZNATCH!!!

;)

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Dynamism, I've heard multiple times from M2K himself that he really likes brawl and does not play it only for the money. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Ebby56

Smash Cadet
No more arguing, guys. Let's all just become better than M2K at Brawl and Melee and certainly 64.

What do you guys think about coming up with a doubles list (Not PR just a list of doubles' teams), as well as low-tier tournaments, and Vancouver vs. Okanagan crew battles?

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Crew battles lol sure, we'd get wrecked if it's more than 5 players per crew
List of doubles teams? They change all the time but it would be fun to keep track of the teams at tourneys if you really want to.
Brawl doubles is the funnest thing in the game competitively by FAR
Super Kitty Dyna Libby Silly Pealy Double Diddys FTW

LMAO I really hope you're joking Luke, either that or he was if you ever did hear that HAHHA

Edit: I'm thinking of maining munchicans in this game.

Is that how you spell munchicans? Like small agile things?

Mario, Diddy, Wario, Pika, Toon Link, Game & Watch, Ness, Metaknight, BOWSERRRR!!!

Pretty much for the sole purpose of being able to jump ALL OVER THE PLACE FOR NO REASON

WWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Just main Random for a while.

Better yet, SMARTIES

Seriously, that whole 'maining smarties' phase of my brawlage was probably the funnest Brawling I ever had and I got really good with every character (never made it to the yellow team LOL)

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I am not kidding. He did an interview with smashboards and I asked him in a thread and he told me the same thing. Don't use outdated examples plz.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
lol
Every time I've talked to him is hardly out dated.
Last time he said it publicly, RoM2
Couple weekends ago.
lol Out dated examples. XD

(It doesn't matter though, this is a BRAWL THREAD)

I'M MAINING SMARTIES AND MUNCHICANS AT THE SAME TIME!!!!

Freakin genius I say!! XD

Alphicans

Smash Hero
What exactly did he say? I have serious doubts that he actually said, "Brawl sucks and I only play it for the money," especially when there has been multiple occasions he's said that brawl is his second favorite game next to melee.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
What exactly did he say? I have serious doubts that he actually said, "Brawl sucks and I only play it for the money," especially when there has been multiple occasions he's said that brawl is his second favorite game next to melee.
actually he used to say exactly that, in fact I could go find the huge rant he posted but it doesn't matter cause his opinion has changed and he likes brawl now

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Brawl is fun, people like it, just not the way/reason people like melee.

He said pretty much this
"Im not gonna lie"
"Brawl is a chore"
"but it's good for money"
"and money is important"

That's essentially exact words 2 weeks ago as I posted it on msn to someone right away then. (from rom2 livestream box)

HOWEVER

not important

WHY is Alberta so active on SWF?!?!?!

I'm leaving lol

bundtcake

Smash Ace
Trolling competitive Brawl is too easy though, the game practically trolls its own players, lmao.

I'm gonna let that one just sink in for a little.
Oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiit you're right, it sunk in and now I realize that Brawl is a completely inferior game! Actually I enjoy all three SSB games almost equally (64 is fun because everyone is overpowered, Melee is fun because ATs are fun to master and utilize, and Brawl is fun because I actually enjoy the slower pace and the focus on spacing), and was hoping to get more into the Melee scene but kind of gave up on that when I saw all of the anti-Brawl attitude here, I enjoy Brawl way too much to pretend I don't play it so I can fit in with the Melee kids.

Also you say that like you're good at trolling. :p After Dawn is way better at it 'cuz he actually comes in with points that are like "oh **** we have to use proper debating techniques to defend our stance" whereas your posts are all "lmao bc brawl sucks" which doesn't even require a reply more complicated than "shut up, that's just your opinion".

BUT MORE ON TOPIC NOW:

Crew battles sound like so much fun :> I've only done one, for Smash 64 (yay for netplay giving me opportunities I'd never come across if I didn't emulate), such a fun experience. :D

And yeah, there's gonna be a low-tier tourney at the January Abbotsford tourney, so that should be fun :D

I dunno how useful listing doubles teams would be, everyone's been switching around so far.

Metà

Smash Master
lmao @ thinking that trolling requires actual debate techniques

by giving me two paragraphs as a response you've basically proven my point

and with that I'll take my leave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom