• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Of Michigan Brawl Tourney 7-17-09

MidnightBlue105

Smash Rookie
Rofa is 7th on the Power rankings. Hateoni the mann anther me bowyer lain panda judge and NOJ can all beat rofa. can you beat all us?
what's with these power rankings? do you all know each other from other tournaments? Is there really that big of a skill difference that you can say some people can definitely always beat other people? hmm

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Yeah, the top 7 on the power rankings all regularly attend tournaments, including ones that are out-of-state and even major ones like Apex. What have you done?

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
There was a singles tourney. lain won it and also won $30 off a MM from some guy.
Wow, who would money match a price that high?!? I won't start a money match that high unless I'm sure I would win. With Smash, you can't be too sure if you win or lose unless you have money to burn. =P

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Wow, who would money match a price that high?!? I won't start a money match that high unless I'm sure I would win. With Smash, you can't be too sure if you win or lose unless you have money to burn. =P
It was more than 1 money match actually. Also, the guy did like $10 a game. He said he wanted to do $10 a stock but lain talked him out of it.

Yeah, I don't think anyone in Flint knew anyone in AA at the time lol.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
And MetaMeeks is accusing Ann Arbor of underestimating Flint?

MidnightBlue105

Smash Rookie
Yeah, the top 7 on the power rankings all regularly attend tournaments, including ones that are out-of-state and even major ones like Apex. What have you done?
I've never played in a tournament before, but i'm not a "kid". I've played smash ever since the 64 version and I've never played someone I haven't been able to beat.

I'm positive I won't win (might not even get close), but I want to see how good tournament level people are, it sounds fun!

You guys all make it sound like people who aren't top 7 shouldn't even bother trying. Is it always this serious?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I've never played in a tournament before, but i'm not a "kid". I've played smash ever since the 64 version and I've never played someone I haven't been able to beat.

I'm positive I won't win (might not even get close), but I want to see how good tournament level people are, it sounds fun!

You guys all make it sound like people who aren't top 7 shouldn't even bother trying. Is it always this serious?
Nah, not at all. Only one of the top 7 are going to this anyway. For the most part I'm just totally confused where people are coming from about Ann Arbor trash talking Flint (first I heard about it) and why Meeks was making such bold statements as "put Bowyer and Omni on my side of the bracket."

*waits for ankoku to shut ori down like he feels the need to do with everyone*

ps. including myself
You suck Hot_ArmS, quit life.

i really think we should stop spamming derk's thread with pointless arguments lol
Not a bad idea. :V

TheWildcard

Smash Champion

you've never played in a tournament and you expect to do well? i hate to brake it to ya but i doubt you will do well seeing its your first tourney. Mostly because of in tourney jitters and whatnot. Experience makes you good, i think in time you could become a really good smasher but no one has done well in their first tourney.

The top 7 is really good in michigan, but people mess up and players have bad days you could beat one of them.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl map of venue

MidnightBlue105

Smash Rookie
oh, haha read carefully.

"I'm positive I won't win (might not even get close)"

I really don't expect to do well at all, I just want to see how good you tourney ppl are and have fun. I really like the game.

See you all there! :)

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
It was more than 1 money match actually. Also, the guy did like $10 a game. He said he wanted to do $10 a stock but lain talked him out of it.
lol, that would be a very weird money match. $10 a match eh, I though he would had quit after one match. O_o

MetaMeeks

Smash Apprentice
Nah, not at all. Only one of the top 7 are going to this anyway. For the most part I'm just totally confused where people are coming from about Ann Arbor trash talking Flint (first I heard about it) and why Meeks was making such bold statements as "put Bowyer and Omni on my side of the bracket."
Not a bad idea. :V
I wasn't trying to call out Omni and Bowyer by saying that. I just wanted to play them and see how I fare against some of the best in MI. Honestly I'm not trying to start anything. If you guys say nothing was said then that's that.

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
I wasn't trying to call out Omni and Bowyer by saying that. I just wanted to play them and see how I fare against some of the best in MI. Honestly I'm not trying to start anything. If you guys say nothing was said then that's that.
I apologize then i misunderstand you :)

oh, haha read carefully.

"I'm positive I won't win (might not even get close)"

I really don't expect to do well at all, I just want to see how good you tourney ppl are and have fun. I really like the game.

See you all there! :)
Same with you i misunderstood you.

AtotheZ

Smash Lord
you've never played in a tournament and you expect to do well? i hate to brake it to ya but i doubt you will do well seeing its your first tourney. Mostly because of in tourney jitters and whatnot. Experience makes you good, i think in time you could become a really good smasher but no one has done well in their first tourney.

The top 7 is really good in michigan, but people mess up and players have bad days you could beat one of them.
And once upon a time at AtotheZs first tourney he placed higher than omni

you never know what can happen

DerkTheJerk

Smash Journeyman
wow all the hostility from Flint and Ann Arbor. This tourney is going to be good!

If you're talking about that random doubles tournament that happened in Flint.... who took top 3? Oh yeah.
1. Anther & NoJ
2. dingdong & Bowyer
3. SamuraiPanda & Omniswell
Hey! me and my partner placed top 5 in that tourney we went 6-2 and that was our first tourney. so MidnightBlue105 you could get far in this tourney.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
Omniswell, are you still comin to TYM 6 the day after this tourney? If so, awesome if not. sad face. You should just bring a couple carloads of people from this tourney to my tourney on saturday.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
So is MI coming to TYM 6 after this? I read that Ankoku is gonna try to make it. 2 tournies 1 weekend > 2 girls 1 cup.

Top Bottom