• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best states for Smash?

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The beginning of this topic was looking a little grim. No one was speaking up for NC - the best state.

Obviously NC is so HIGH in the rank, people just can't see it. Environment. Community. Jokes. Catfish. Stack It Up. I don't think a state can do much better than NC.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
nc has the coolest people by far. wish we were more spread out instead of concentrated in central nc though

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
i love how i check the first 3 pages, and see nothing NC. i go to the last page, and we've taken the thread over.

i approve.

central NC is pretty good; as long as you're in the triangle. we usually get close to 40 for brawl and close to 20 for melee, but thats just cause a lot of us have jobs and such. when we really want to and decide to get together like for HERB, we realize how big our scene really is. as they've said, we are pretty spread out though, but if you live centrally, you'll still see some great players frequently like Dr Peepee and L0zr, and some up and coming players like Twitch, $mike, and bl@ckchris (LOL). peoplewise, we are pretty much the best, i'd imagine.

i don't really know where we are skillwise compared to the other states though, cause even though i've probably met all of the top 15-20 players, there is still a lot of skill out in the state that i've yet to meet.

all in all, we're spread out, but we travel. central NC is a good place to be, and the people here are great.

lord karn

Smash Master
There are a good number of players in Charlotte. Boss Hog (twig), Travis, Daft and Ali (I'veJihadIt) all live in Charlotte. That's melee.

I think there are less for Brawl, but I think Sushiman lives in charlotte. He would be the best in the state if he ever went to tournaments.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Florida has a big community but it's tough to get into if you live on the west coast of it. Four hour drive to Orlando? Three hour drive to Miami? no thanks i'll pass

Florida is just really huge. I moved to NY/NJ and the scene is much larger and much more accessible but people are cliquey because there are so many good players who don't want to waste their time with noobs, not that I can blame them necessarily.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
Hey look someone who consistently loses to someone shadow just beat.

Shadow=2nd or 3rd best MK.

ny/nj has tournaments EVERY week and every other tournament is a big one (50+). We also have APEX coming up. ny/nj is probably the best for smash quality wise as well (Ally, ADHD, shadow, anti when he stays in the bracket, Atomsk, etc). Plus ny/nj is mad chill (see tourney fix). Though tbh, texas seems mad chill as well. I'd go there if I couldn't be here.
Shadow hasn't beaten ADHD by more than any LAST HIT Game in QUITE A WHILE. Many times ADHD faces shadow or any other MK and wins it's often by 2 stock low % to 2 stock high % with some 1 stocks in there, same against me. Shadow counters ADHD and ADHD counters me. Shadow is obviously really good, and I love the kid, but he is not OVERALL on the same level as me/dojo/few others. I have actually 2-3 stocked him in to tourney every single MK ditto we've ever played.

Best state is NJ/NY (NJ 1st though) and then Cali and then like FL/TX or something idk.

Top Bottom