• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bioware Mafia (ovah)

Goomba!

Tom|Gheb_01
Journal Entry 1, August 27th, 3:19 PM. Mushroom Kingdom Time.

Patrol just ended for me. Walking back and forth all day... sometimes I forget why we do this. Sometimes when Lakitu shows up to make sure I'm doing my job, I'm not. You can't blame me. Walking back and forth all day... it gets repetitive. Walking back and forth all day. You get the picture. But now I remember why we do it. I was just minding my business, making my pass by Joe. Joe was a nice guy. Now he's jam. Patrol ended for him, forever. Out of nowhere, the plumber jumped him. Squat. Dead. I wanted to turn around and high-tail it out, but I couldn't. I had to stick to my path. It's only sheer luck that I'm still standing here. I turned around right at the last second, and he just hopped right over me and continued on. But we'll see who has the last laugh. His princess is in another castle.

:goomba:

Soviet Coffee

Adumbrodeus|Shaya
Time for.... drumroll please...

YET ANOTHER HYDRA!

And now there are 7 BBR people in this game, mwahahahahaha my plan is working flawlessly.

I can see these journal entries/in character posts getting annoying.

Unless SwordsRbroken is actually HK-47/one of the other HK droids and it's a post restriction.

Mad scummy is still mad scummy, I mean just look at that avatar.

vote: Mad Scummy

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Soviet Coffee is an officially added hydra, taking the playerslot of Adum. Figure I should make a mod note so everyone knows it's legit

eXpiRed_CheEezCaKe--

S.O.L.I.D.|guus
oh snap shaya's in this game

man these freaking journals man man

overswarm this is no time for friends psh who is this kid

gordito this is mafia get out with this 'basketball' psh

x1 gotta stand up for yourself and vote who you want man live your own life man

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I fully intended to vote for Mad Scummy, due to his mad scumtells, but...

Vote: edressespieces. Still a lakers fan.

Vote: GorditoBoy69

I will change my vote to the next person to write Edrees' name as "Edress" or "Edreese". It's been a pet peeve of mine on the Peach boards for years, and Dark.Pch has still never figured out how to spell it right (he uses Edreese, as shown on the bingo sheet).

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
As much as I appreciate that Praxis, if you do that, you will be changing your vote at least 30 times per Day. Everyone in every mafia game spells my name wrong. In fact, technically, I don't think anyone has ever voted me in a single mafia game, ever in my life, if you were to only count votes that were spelled right. However, considering Gordito spelled my name WRONG, I am less suspicious. Scum are usually real careful with their posts and would try a lot harder to accurately spell the name of someone they vote for. But then again that's extreme wifom.

Those journal entries are pretty entertaining actually. And welcome, Shaya!

Since we're playing Bioware mafia, I suggest we get things started by seeing what Bioware game is the best, and why that makes us more or less likely to be scum. My favorite Bioware game is Mass Effect 2, and so, I am part of the masses, ie, the majority which is town. Oh, and anyone who's favorite bioware game is Sonic Chronicles must be lynched on sight.

As for Gordito's vote on me, I'll make you a deal. If you tell me who your scum buddies are I will change my custom rank to the basketball team of your choice. Just tell me who ur other mafia buddies are and I'll do it.

Goomba!

Tom|Gheb_01
Since we're playing Bioware mafia, I suggest we get things started by seeing what Bioware game is the best, and why that makes us more or less likely to be scum.
You do realize that 5 players in this game are hydras, right? You'll probably end up getting two completely different opinions from one and the same player. With this being likely the case five times [one time for each hydra] it's not only a fruitless way to get "things started" as you put [since flavour and scumhunting are strictly kept apart among dGames players and mods] but it's also more confusing than anything else to start discussion like that.

Soviet Coffee

Adumbrodeus|Shaya
As much as I appreciate that Praxis, if you do that, you will be changing your vote at least 30 times per Day. Everyone in every mafia game spells my name wrong. In fact, technically, I don't think anyone has ever voted me in a single mafia game, ever in my life, if you were to only count votes that were spelled right. However, considering Gordito spelled my name WRONG, I am less suspicious. Scum are usually real careful with their posts and would try a lot harder to accurately spell the name of someone they vote for. But then again that's extreme wifom.

Since we're playing Bioware mafia, I suggest we get things started by seeing what Bioware game is the best, and why that makes us more or less likely to be scum. My favorite Bioware game is Mass Effect 2, and so, I am part of the masses, ie, the majority which is town. Oh, and anyone who's favorite bioware game is Sonic Chronicles must be lynched on sight.

As for Gordito's vote on me, I'll make you a deal. If you tell me who your scum buddies are I will change my custom rank to the basketball team of your choice. Just tell me who ur other mafia buddies are and I'll do it.
That's some pretty extreme wiform there for everything, and what do you hope to gain through this line of discussion? I know this is RVS right now, but since you want everyone involved, that discussion is presumably gonna take a fair amount of time, how does it help us catch scum?

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
No, I don't actually think that you can correlate one's favorite mass effect game to the likelihood they are scum. Yes, I do think that making people post about it can lead to scum slips and expose people's posting styles and behaviors in a time when we have nothing but random voting.

What it does do is increase discussion amongst players (which is a good thing) to start thinking of ways to get things going, whether or not the ideas are actually good or not, discussing the ideas themselves raises discussion and we can get a feel of players in the game. Doing something "convoluted" isn't necessarily a bad thing, it means you can get some extra information/text as soon as we can out of people. I'm just trying to encourage early participation from people. It's just a way to get people to participate more in the RVS.

I can see how it can be a waste of time once we get more people posting and the game going, even if it's still RVS, but for now at the very beginning I don't see how it hurts.

Goomba!

Tom|Gheb_01

Here, you say Gordito is probably town for no reason.

Here, you say Gordito has scum mates.

Don't use WIFOM in situations where it's totally useless information. How people spell your name doesn't mean anything about alignment, and therefore someone couldn't bluff or double bluff based on it. WIFOM is a bluff or double bluff or triple bluff based on information or actions.

Goomba!

Tom|Gheb_01
Yes, I do think that making people post about it can lead to scum slips and expose people's posting styles and behaviors in a time when we have nothing but random voting.
Do you earnestly expect people to slip up based on talk about the flavour? There is no pressure invloved whatsoever [and pressure is the very basis of a scumslip] when discussing nothing but opinions on a computer game.

Exposing posting styles...well, there's a certain somebody that has already exposed an unusual posting style. Is that not worth mentioning to you at all? I mean if exposing people's posting style is your aim at the early stages of the game I'm sure you have formed an opinion on that player's posting style by now. Mind sharing it?

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Grammar =/= spelling... tsk...
I couldn't find a "Spelling Nazi" on Google Images :(

Do you earnestly expect people to slip up based on talk about the flavour?

You spelled flavor with a u. This means you are likely British, and thus have a high chance of being the doctor. Because the doctor is always British.

THE SPELLING COP KNOWS ALL.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Americanised spelling is the centre of the mould that is eating away at the colourful and flavoursome beauty that is the English language

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Wow... I can't believe I didn't tl;dr most of what's been going on...

@Pieces

THAT'S THE ONLY F***ING PART I CAN SPELL RIGHT. So that's what I'm calling you :p.

Oh, and I want you to change ur rank to MIAMI HEAT *****ES!!!

As for my scum buddies, it's the hydras.

Which ones?

ALL OF THEM.

Tandora

Smash Rookie
I couldn't find a "Spelling Nazi" on Google Images :(

You spelled flavor with a u. This means you are likely British, and thus have a high chance of being the doctor. Because the doctor is always British.

THE SPELLING COP KNOWS ALL.
*Using an American accent trying to sound British* Doc-tah? Doc-tah who?

(Sorry, couldn't resist. Back to the game.)

I've never played with OS before. For people who have, what do they think of his IC journal post? Does this show he's town trying to add flavor or scum trying to distract?

What about Goomba copying his journal entry style roughly 11 minutes later? Townie following a neat idea or scum trying to blend in?

Dr. Riddler

macman|Riddle
I think they're just being dumb. Sorta like giving yourself a post restriction. Just something to do when youre bored.

Mad Scummy

Swiss|X1-12
Journal Entry, August 27th, 3:45 PM.

Wasn't quite sure how he died until we found out his blood was still warm.
Sherlock Holmes you ain't mate.

Journal Entry, August 28th, 9:06 AM

Sometimes I feel like nobody understands me. I mean, I want to tell him, but how? We've been such food friends for a long time now. To let him know how I truly feel would destroy our friendship, not only is he a raging homophobe, he is also a nazi.

Signed, X1.

Pretty sure OS making a journal entry is a scum tactic. Fos'ing Goomba for the same reason.

*FOS*

Sword's clearly breadcrumbed HK-47. That guy is totally pimpin'. He is also evil as f*ck. What kinda scum would CLAIM HIS SCUMMINESS? Exactly. No scum would. That's what they want us to think. WHICH IS WHY he HAS to be scum.

Gettin' scum vibes from Soviet Coffee, mainly 'cuz he totally knows I'm scum.

But in all srsnss not likin' Edrespieces Edreesesspieces Edreesespieces Edrees'pieces f*ck it. Unvote Vote Gordito

Bandwagon.

Soviet Coffee

Adumbrodeus|Shaya
Edrees, you can say the same thing about anything said in RVS, but the fact is without a context related to wincon, it's unlikely to produce useful information. And even if it is more useful then RVS, the reality is that its gonna delay exit from RVS, which is already starting to occur.

So since it is gonna have a negative net effect, I see no reason to pursue that course of action, but your answer doesn't seem scummy so no further questions on this topic.

Now then, *chooses pretty randomly*

@sir bedevere: We have limited info atm, but what are your thoughts on anyone in the game that's participated since the day started?

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
Query: The hydra known as mad scummy is made up of whom?

I do not think that Goomba and Overswarm posting journal logs is suspicious.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
OK, I am absolutely not used to playing Hydras >_< I'm going to be horribly confused if people are posting outside of their hydras. PLEASE watch yourself with it.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I've never played with OS before. For people who have, what do they think of his IC journal post? Does this show he's town trying to add flavor or scum trying to distract?
OS likes his flavor. He's also pretty devious, though. I wouldn't read into it either way.

He has a tendency to ship his scumbuddies, so even if he's scum he might be useful to keep around past D1. :chuckle:

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Americanised spelling is the centre of the mould that is eating away at the colourful and flavoursome beauty that is the English language
Unvote
Vote: Mad Scummy

Die die die

I had to suffer reading through a book about "globalisation" from some British writer back in college. *shakes fist*

Mad Scummy

Swiss|X1-12
^ Troll

What happened to EP? (Edreesespieces new acronym) he just vanished as soon as pressure was put on him. Whaiiiii?

@ Tan why u fail huntin'? I mean you coulda done so many things there and instead you decided to ask (scum can trick ya amirite?) about a standard RVS post. What were you b lookin for there? Considering you could have, at best, got a pathetically weak meta read which any sensible townie would shoot down.

Jus' sayin'

Goomba!

Tom|Gheb_01
What happened to EP? (Edreesespieces new acronym) he just vanished as soon as pressure was put on him. Whaiiiii?
FoS Mad Scummy

Not even 12 hours passed since he posted last time and you already try to nudge him so blatantly? Not to mention that there was actually very little concrete pressure on him - more open questions than actual accusations. Trying to act funny [which you are absolutely horrible at] will not change that you're making yourself look stupid.

If you weren't outrageously bad at mafia I would have a much easier time on deciding between the never-ending "dumb" or "scum" issue...

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Now then, *chooses pretty randomly*

@sir bedevere: We have limited info atm, but what are your thoughts on anyone in the game that's participated since the day started?
That wasn't random adum. :p

Pieces inferring that Gordito was town based on him spelling his name wrong was really weird, especially since he basically said "but lol that's silly" in his next sentence. Doesn't necessarily make him scummy, but I didn't say any need for him to include that in his post. I think he might be the type to jump to conclusions too quickly.

Soviet Coffee

Adumbrodeus|Shaya
That wasn't random adum. :p

Pieces inferring that Gordito was town based on him spelling his name wrong was really weird, especially since he basically said "but lol that's silly" in his next sentence. Doesn't necessarily make him scummy, but I didn't say any need for him to include that in his post. I think he might be the type to jump to conclusions too quickly.
Actually it was, I've had extensive contact with pretty much everyone who had yet to post since confirmation phase ended, so I was bound to hit somebody who I knew.

Ok, I saw it as him saying that it was a very minor town-tell, but do you have any useful questions to ask then?

@Swordgard:
You're next on the semi-random list, what do you think about anyone who's been active since confirmation phase?

Mad Scummy

Swiss|X1-12
You know Goomba, if I didn't know better I'd say you were relieving pressure on EP. Course you blatantly weren't so it's all cool. Not gettin' how u pressure the boi then back his *** up like trailer. What u gunnin' 4?

Btw all the unfunny stuff is X1, I'm hilarious.

Mad Scummy

Swiss|X1-12
O btw as for the never ending "Is Swiss dumb or scum" it has been shown time and time again that I am ALWAYS scum. I just want you to think I'm dumb, u gettin' played like a pack of cards.

Top Bottom