• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BitH 5 Nerdy Virgins Unite! Owingsville Kentucky, July 9th 2011!!!

What sort of Side event should be held at Brawl in the Hall 3?

• Low Tiers

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Mid Tiers

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • All Captain Falcon

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Brawl Minus

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Everyone picks a spacey and Phael plays pikachu ^^

Votes: 6 14.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
I don't have a doubles partner as of Joey unconfirming. I might still do doubles. I am not doing doubles with SP.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Digging the Ao no Exorcist avatar Ralph. Good luck to everyone at this tournament, I hope it's a blast.

One day I'll be able to go to IN and KY to hang out with everyone. ... One day.

ZERO...

Smash Apprentice
Pretty fun tournament. Also, there may have been a small mix-up in prize money.

IIrc, I brought in about $41-48. Judo and I had a 60-40 split (he won finals). I think there was a $90 prize, right? Well, I gave ten dollars to Hael to reimburse him for paying for my doubles. In addition, I spent fifteen dollars for the venue and singles. I counted the money I have left, and I counted up to $78. I think I got a bit too much >.<;

Shoutouts in the result thread if there is one.

Anyway, it really was another really well-run tournament, Hael. I can't wait until the next one!

Judo777

Smash Master
Pretty fun tournament. Also, there may have been a small mix-up in prize money.

IIrc, I brought in about $41-48. Judo and I had a 60-40 split (he won finals). I think there was a $90 prize, right? Well, I gave ten dollars to Hael to reimburse him for paying for my doubles. In addition, I spent fifteen dollars for the venue and singles. I counted the money I have left, and I counted up to $78. I think I got a bit too much >.<;

Shoutouts in the result thread if there is one.

Anyway, it really was another really well-run tournament, Hael. I can't wait until the next one!
you should have gotten a total of $36 after the split. Idk if you won any MM or doubles money.

ZERO...

Smash Apprentice
you should have gotten a total of $36 after the split. Idk if you won any MM or doubles money.
I didn't play any MMs, and I didn't win any doubles money. I payed $15 to enter and stuff, and then I payed ten dollars to Hael later to reimburse him. I came in with about $41-47, and I now have $78. That's way too much money considering what I spent as well as what I had gained (I should have only $11 in profit). Maybe I miscounted what I brought in, though.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
I have a friend uploading all of the Imagineers' doubles matches.

And if you didn't get the memo, my team was named The Imagineers.

OldAnthem27

Smash Journeyman
I wish I could've been there, everyone! I will be at the next one! How did you do SP? I look forward to teaming again! Anyway, I come to play fellows!

Hael, please follow through on making this a monthly. You have no idea how grateful I will be. :-)

Judo777

Smash Master
Haha except there was no bracket manipulation and it wasn't brought up until Grand Finals. Not to mention I demanded we still play a legit set (which kero agreed and why shouldn't he the winner got more money). The way I see it I felt that I was more than likely gonna win (since I was in the winners side of GF) but since I had already won doubles why not give kero and extra 6 bucks (which was the difference between the ordinary prize money and the split). Not to mention it took a little edge off for both of us so I don't see an issue.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
^

Unity Ruleset (located in the OP of thread) said:
5.Intentional forfeiting, match fixing, splitting, and any other forms of bracket manipulation are not allowed and punishable by the TO.
Technically there is a problem.

The way I see it I felt that I was more than likely gonna win (since I was in the winners side of GF) but since I had already won doubles why not give kero and extra 6 bucks (which was the difference between the ordinary prize money and the split). Not to mention it took a little edge off for both of us so I don't see an issue.
The only thing that means is that you broke one rule instead of two.

I'm posting this for your future reference.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
If you feel like throwing your friend a few bucks, when are people going to realize that this stuff needs to be quiet. There's no way to determine how legitimate any sets were or anything else that happens when players are so open and up front about making deals like that.

ZERO...

Smash Apprentice
Ehh... if anyone gets a yellow card, let it be me since I brought the split up in the first place. Besides, I pretty much only go to tournies once every six months XD

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Its really not that big of a deal. They're good friends, and its a kentucky local, where everyone is pretty damn alright with eachother, and I'm sure the people that were actually there don't give a **** about this, and they're the ones that actually matter when it comes to this. Juuuust sayin'. Plus the TO can technically choose not to do anything about it as well, since it says "Punishable" meaning you could possibly be punished for it, even if its "not allowed"

Good job Kero and Judo <3

:027:

Judo777

Smash Master
^

Technically there is a problem.

The only thing that means is that you broke one rule instead of two.

I'm posting this for your future reference.
But that rule says splitting and any other form of bracket manipulation. Therefore wouldn't the splitting have to be a form of bracket manipulation? And since the bracket was in no way manipulated...................? Also what do you mean there is no way to determine how legitimate? There was a 30 dollar difference between first and second place? Infact it was almost the exact difference between 1st and 2nd there was a 6 dollar difference. Not to mention no one watched our set so if infact it wasn't a legitimate set, which it was, its not like we deprived people of a set.

This is silly.

Top Bottom