• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Black Knight for Brawl (SPOILERS AHEAD)

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
:laugh: it was only a matter of time before someone made a BK thread, i'm still deciding wether to support him or not....

Cryhion

Smash Rookie
i think it would be cool if this was like a character that had elements from ganon and marth put together. To have a similar fighting method to marth, but the speed of ganon. I dont know so much about FE, if fire is this guy's some kind of recognizable trait then i guess they should use it, but otherwise it'd be cool to see something which isnt a clone of roy :p if they took something like the purple effect of ganon's moves and made it black. that'd be pretty evil looking, which probably would suit this guy well.

Konuk

Smash Journeyman
Man black knight was fun when i beat him * ike overrated mode owned Bk in 3 hits* Why the fire attks. Alondite Wave, Dark Aura, Warp , Alondite Rave replace it with those it might sound way better without the fire attribute

Stryks

Smash Hero
I just realised black knight can't be in brawl because of his armor. If you remember correctly the only thing that could pierce it was the ragnell sword.
Oh cmon, thats no reason why he cant be in brawl, then ur gonna tell me they cant add sonic becaus ehes too fast and no one cant hit him...

Konuk

Smash Journeyman
See...anyway he'd be a great addition to te game I can see it now This GAME WINNER IS The Black Knight!

Benthos

Smash Cadet
Something you are forgetting

The black knight's sword also is able to shoot long range attacks that are just as powerful as his close range, but if they put that in it would be extremely unfair.

Lawrencelot

Smash Lord
I really like the idea of the Black Knight. He has some chance of being in Brawl, because Ike also has much chance. He doesn't have to have slow attacks/movement like Ganondorf, because he has special armour that let's him move very fast. Only his jump should be as low as Ganondorf's. But why all the fire in the moveset? He uses dark magic (or something like that), so let his attacks be like Mewtwo's or something, and a teleport as his up-B.

The black knight's sword also is able to shoot long range attacks that are just as powerful as his close range, but if they put that in it would be extremely unfair.
No it wouldn't. They just have to make the longrange attacks a bit slower, then it could be as powerful as close range.

.kR0

Smash Journeyman
He needs a name.
And according to Path of Radiance, only Ragnell, the counterpart of his sword+armor can damage him, so yeah.

KidSmash

Smash Journeyman
I really like the idea of the Black Knight. He has some chance of being in Brawl, because Ike also has much chance. He doesn't have to have slow attacks/movement like Ganondorf, because he has special armour that let's him move very fast. Only his jump should be as low as Ganondorf's. But why all the fire in the moveset? He uses dark magic (or something like that), so let his attacks be like Mewtwo's or something, and a teleport as his up-B.
so your suggesting changin the fire moves for dark thingy moves?

btw, fast speed and a teleport move on him would be VERY broken

Konuk

Smash Journeyman
He needs a name.
And according to Path of Radiance, only Ragnell, the counterpart of his sword+armor can damage him, so yeah.
Oh cmon, thats no reason why he cant be in brawl, then ur gonna tell me they cant add sonic becaus ehes too fast and no one cant hit him...
Look what Stryks said .Kro and Look what i mention -.- Master Sword Destroys all evil so dont cha think Ganondorf Would be destroyed or any other evil intetioned character <.<

Konuk

Smash Journeyman
Lol whats that supposed to mean , everyone keeps saying that black knights weapon makes him impervious jeez its getting annoying as if that made any difference jeez

KidSmash

Smash Journeyman
Lol whats that supposed to mean , everyone keeps saying that black knights weapon makes him impervious jeez its getting annoying as if that made any difference jeez
i hear ya, its like sayin:
ganondorf is invincible to any weapon except the master sword because twilightprincess says so:dizzy:

stop this please, everyone

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah just because hes invulnarable to a certain type of weapon, doesnt mean that will be incorporated in brawl, if Black knights gets in brawl (hopin he does) that invinsibility wont be added...

Konuk

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm...Wonder how his Smash Special will be ill give it a name.........Black Terror or Black Rain Muahahah i loved his voice it was So ROBOTIC its only becuase he has all that armor on thats why they gave him that voice

FireBomb

Smash Lord
I'd imagine a deep voice with a slight echo due to the armor, but they went another direction. Poor Black Knight has a frog in his throat..

Gale_Ice

Smash Rookie
I like your move set for the Black Knight, I definetly think he should be in SSBB but I don't think he should replace Roy like someone said, Roy is to cool to replace

Pit 42

Smash Lord
Ya, and when The Black Knight is in Brawl, Link could come up and slice all his limbs off so he is a just a little body lol for you Holy Grail fans.

In all seriosness, I don't think the black knight from Path of Radiance would be a good character, because Ike would be a much better character.

Kirye

Smash Ace
Ike "may" be a better character than BK, but something still stands that Ike looks JUST like Marth, but then that's of no concern.

I think he could actually work out well for Brawl. He'll have Ganondorf's speed, and of course slow slashing, though stronger than Roy's. For those complaining about his armor, your points aren't valid for a game like Smash Bros. I don't see Mewtwo using his psychic powers to raise everyone up to midair and debilitate their movements, or Bowser being 50 feet tall like in Sunshine or Yoshi's Island. (Granted that was Baby Bowser, and he grew from Kamek's magic, but still.) He'd have his sword Alundite(Alondite? One of those spellings..), which can use long range blade shots, making him different from Marth and Roy. Incredibly slow slashes, but fairly strong, and weight/defensives around a Metal Mario kind of feel. It seems overpowered, but in the end his jumps aren't gonna be **** to save his life, so he'll have to rely on his defense.

If they do indeed put Ike and BK in Brawl, they don't HAVE to be the same. Ike being light, in between Marth and Roy's speed I suppose, he could have different techniques and stats easy.

And BK had more story to him than Ashnard and almost every character in PoR, only Ike, his dad, possibly Titania and Soren were really the main part of the story, and the rest were just around, Laguz included.

Anyhoo, Black Knight for Brawl!

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah but marth was uber quick at slashing, BKs sword is like 2x-3x times the weight of marth sword if not more, so the long range wont be a problem if he has slow speed, one can easyly dodge it, but yeah a long range...

Komayto

Smash Apprentice
Hmm...

Well, he would be cool, I guess, but I have no idea if he is actually a good choice or not.
Looking at this thread, I see that not many people actually know who he is. They've never played the game, but just saw an image of him and decided that he should be in Brawl based simply on his looks.
The thing is, he isn't all that deserving. You never actually get to know anything about him and he just doesn't do anything special. Sure, he killed Ike's father, but that is the only thing. He is also pretty generic.
I just don't think he has what it takes to get in Smash.

But having said that, I have to admit that he would certainly be an interesting character. Playing as a giant bulky metal-covered guy in Smash would be a very unique experience and I'd like it.

Top Bottom