• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Black Knight for Brawl (SPOILERS AHEAD)

Lawrencelot

Smash Lord
Hmm...

Well, he would be cool, I guess, but I have no idea if he is actually a good choice or not.
Looking at this thread, I see that not many people actually know who he is. They've never played the game, but just saw an image of him and decided that he should be in Brawl based simply on his looks.
The thing is, he isn't all that deserving. You never actually get to know anything about him and he just doesn't do anything special. Sure, he killed Ike's father, but that is the only thing. He is also pretty generic.
I just don't think he has what it takes to get in Smash.

But having said that, I have to admit that he would certainly be an interesting character. Playing as a giant bulky metal-covered guy in Smash would be a very unique experience and I'd like it.
Brawl doesn't have a story line, so what does it matter that the only special thing he did was killing Ike's father? It's a fighting game, so all that matters is how he fights, and if he is well-known enough. If you look at other FE:pOR characters, Titania couldn't be in Brawl because she's on a horse and that would make it difficult, and Nephenee is not well-known enough and is no vilain.

Komayto

Smash Apprentice
Brawl doesn't have a story line, so what does it matter that the only special thing he did was killing Ike's father? It's a fighting game, so all that matters is how he fights, and if he is well-known enough. If you look at other FE:pOR characters, Titania couldn't be in Brawl because she's on a horse and that would make it difficult, and Nephenee is not well-known enough and is no vilain.
Ah, yes, I see what you mean, but that is not what I meant by that. What I meant to say is simply that he lacks significance. And significance, unlike story, does matter.

What has he done that makes him deserving of being a character?* I personally don't think he had any "moments" in PoR. Maybe you do, but I don't. It just depends on how you look at it.

*That was a question, by the way. I'm interested in seeing what you think of the subject.

Lawrencelot

Smash Lord
That's true, but in Melee there are characters that were less significant, at least to me, like Ice Climbers. But I do think the Black Knight has chance of appearing in Brawl, especially if Ike will be in Brawl. There is a lot of chance that at least one FE bad guy will be in Brawl, and then the Black Knight would be a good choice.

Konuk

Smash Journeyman
There gonna give them a story any way guys ROFL....Theres part two to the game coming to the wii <.< u think he's still alive i mean they found no bodies or either didnt bother to look :D

Stryks

Smash Hero
I think he has a good chance, since most of us are familiar with PoR (not me, havent played it yet just hear me out...), they will probably have about 4 FE characters, thanx to the success of the series, so I say they will add to from PoR, adn 2 from the upcoming FE game on the wii, so I say they will ad BK and Ike from PoR, and the white hair girl and the guy with her that appears on some trailers, both of the takin the "FE for wii" game spots... that is what I think...

Dark Shard

Smash Apprentice
This has always been one of my most wanted.

I think his warp powder(with the alchemy cirle warp thingy) should be aplied to rapidly transport around.(down B?)

Also, Alundite(his sword) never had anything to do with fire. You know how he shoots almost wind like jets from his sword when he attacks from a distance? I think that should be incorperated into his attacks as well.

I would love to see him in Brawl.

Konuk

Smash Journeyman
I know thats why i said " there gonna give him a story anyway" plus ganondorf is like sigma never dies but we welcome him with unsheathed master swords

Benthos

Smash Cadet
The black knight sort of has a story but much of it is left untold. Ok, now there will be some spoilers of Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance in the rest of this. Ike's father, Greil, and the black knight know each other from when they both used to be in Daein. Greil taught the black knight how to fight, and perhaps both of them fought in the Daein arena, since some of the winners there are given high military positions (this is just my theory). Greil used to be a military leader for Daein, but he threw that away due to a certain event, but the black knight continued serving Daein. Afterwards, there was the events of the FE: PoR, and in the end, it never really shows if the black knight is killed or not. He might have been able to teleport away, since he does carry a special warping powder with him.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
The black knight would be the shiznit.Id be maining him straight away just on looks alone(or at least trying)The moveset ideas back through the pages had some really good ideas too.But id like to see a different type of swordsman to Marth and Roy and Link.Someone more based on heavy slashes etc like if Ganondorf had a sword.(except maybe a little faster than him)

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986

In my opinion, if he wants to stand out, he needs to have powerfull yet slow attacks. I also don't see him jump very high, but Sakurai could think of something for that.
Can't you just picture this....

"And this games winner is: Black Knight!"

This prophecy will come to pass!

Rety

Smash Rookie
I think that he would have been a good character, and i'm sure he wouldn't be a High- or Top tier, but he would have been fun to controll.
I think he could be a great "dwarf", and his up+B better be warping powder. :)
He better be not all that slow inn his attacks, it's bad enough with PWNS'er (Bowser).
I rather hope for Iké or Soren, (HEHE) Makalov could maybe fun to use. :)

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
I want to make one thing straight no matter if you defeated him or not the black knight is dead. If you defeated him the soldiers destroy the tower which has his body still in it and if Nasir has to come and save you both him and Nasir die when the tower collapses. BTW he couldn't teleport away because he was paralyzed by Nasir.

Stryks

Smash Hero
So what if hes dead? are u saying that lowers his chances? Ganondorf has been killed multiple times, ta-da he was in melee, if thats not what u meant then why u post that anyway?...

KidSmash

Smash Journeyman
OMG, WTF!!!

im writing this from my Wii!
this is awsme!

here to say that thinking about it, BK is, IMO, the only FE Villain worth to put in SSBB

since i dont have the game, i dont know any other Villain , so watever >.>

Majora Vaati

Smash Rookie
i would seriosuly support the majority of peoples ideas for characters for Brawl...if they can make an intelligent and well-thought moveset...

I havent gotten to the part where u fight Black Knight yet...but I think he'd be a good addition if they town him down a bit...to make him less.....invincible...

Wrench

Smash Apprentice
Black Knight would be incredible, but i see someone like Ike or even Ephraim getting put in there before that (Lyn is still my most wanted Fe char.) Black knight would be a pretty awesome character though!
Props for the thread

fleapy

Smash Journeyman
Is there any reason not to have this amazing charcter. Just think of it, smashing your way through countless enemies. Square enix is getting friendlier and friendlier...so it may begin to become possible.

Konuk

Smash Journeyman
OMG, WTF!!!

im writing this from my Wii!
this is awsme!

here to say that thinking about it, BK is, IMO, the only FE enemy worth to put in SSBB

since i dont have the game, i dont know any other enemy, so watever >.>
Villain u mean <.<
and what does square enix have to do with Fire Emblem?

Dark Shard

Smash Apprentice
lol yes, Square Enix has nothing to do with FE.

The Black Knight may be still alive. His body was never found, and he does possess the armor of the goddess (or something along those lines). Furthermore, on the TITLE page shown in FE10:Goddess of Dawn, Ragnel(Ike's sword) and the sister sword Alundite (Black Knight's sword) He may be dead, but he was a too prominent figure, and seeing that his identity is still barely known, I'd say he'd make a return as a prominent enemy in FE10.

Of course, BK only has a chance if Ike is in. So if you think the Black Kinght will be in, you are saying that Ike can be in.

I couldn't see Soren, speaking honestly. I did like his character.

I really want Lyn, and Hecter but their chances are pret-ty **** low.

If Roy is cut, and Marth remains(which seems like what will happen) I'll bet at LEAST ONE fe character will fill the spot. So, I'd guess
Ike
Celice
Leif
BK(if Ike)
and
Lyn, Hecter, Ephraim

in that order. My CHOICE would be Marth, Ike, BK, Lyn, Hecter.

Komayto

Smash Apprentice
I want either marth or roy to be removed( don't care which) and I want Black knight Ike and sothe in.
Taking out Marth would not be a very good decision because while he isn't the most popular Lord, he is the first one and the only Lord to be the main character in two FEs.

And eh, I don't know about those choices. While they could be interesting characters, I don't think having three characters represent only one of the many FE universes is a good idea. It's kind of unfair to the other ones.

Wrench

Smash Apprentice
Taking out marth would be suicide, taking out roy would be suicide, just give him a slightly different moveset though -.-.

T-major

Smash Champion
how important is he to the FE franchise? as far as I know he's only been in FE10. (thats the one with Ike right?) granted, that he's one of the only FE villians that has a chance. now, I havn't played the game with Ike in it, and as far as I know Ike's game isn't that important in terms iof what it did for the franchise (correct me if I'm wrong); so, I'm aginced Ike in Brawl. and seeing as how BK would only get in if Ike gets in, I'm not going to get my hopes up for his inclusion.

Top Bottom