• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bleach

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I say Katekyo Hitman Reborn! and also Eyeshield 21 got better and better.
I would've included Kenshin too but the very last part felt a little weak to me.

But yeah, FMA was probably THE manga that felt the most consistent throughout it's run.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
It sort of depends on the manga genre. To-love Ru was really good all the way through, and Darkness is continuing the trend, but there is no real plot whatsoever (maybe with Darkness?) and the series basically lived on fanservice and character trait jokes. Hayate no Gotoku is great because you get that 4-koma feel in a fleshed-out story. You don't have any real expectations of it, yet it delivers random, funny jokes with great aplomb. Bakuman continues to impress.

If you're talking about pure shounen, then there aren't many examples. Eyeshield 21 got better and better in basically every aspect, no doubt there. Hitman Reborn went from being pure, mediocre humour to a battle manga with great art. I actually look forward to it these days. Kenshin would've been good if Enishi was actually someone from the Shishio arc. Negima is getting good again. Kenichi is sort of floundering, but it just finished a very good arc, so that's to be expected.

Short manga tend to be great. I loved Miman Renai and Welcome to the NHK, Busou Renkin impressed me, and Bamboo Blade (it's not particularly long, like 120 chapters, of which I've read like 110, 5 or so untranslated) was very good.

Code Geass's manga versions were horrible and I could barely even read them. D.Gray-man got awful after about 5 story arcs, and I could barely follow it, though I can see why it is still publishing. Prince of Tennis just pissed me off to no end, and I ended up reading it just to laugh at the absurdity.

There seem to be more good long mangas than bad ones. I can see why people like Bleach, but in my very subjective opinion, it's really fallen off the track. It then continued further off the track and veered off a sheer cliff, at which point it fell onto a submarine, sustaining plenty of injuries. This submarine then submerged, but was attacked by power creep torpedoes, and sunk in despair into a deep, deep trench. They might be able to rescue it if they give Ichigo enough power to evaporate all the water on Earth instantaneously, which at this point would not surprise me in the slightest. Just kidding, the amount of power added to this series is so great it's actually boring.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
lol, To-love Ru

I think the lack of a consistent release period of Vagabond is the only thing turning away potential readers. It's pretty much fantastic in every other way.
It is, perhaps, successful in everything Fairy Tail is not ;)

....................[/fanboy]

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
To-love Ru is the opposite of Bleach?
I'm not hating on it, I'm just remembering how silly it is :3

I used to peer occasionally at some of the episodes. I wouldn't say it's the opposite because they aren't trying to do the same thing and aren't at polar extremes of the same spectrum. They seem just entirely unrelated

asianaussie

Smash Hero
It's a battle manga vs a gag/harem manga. The tone and direction of the stories are completely contrasted (dark and emotion-driven arc-style progression vs lighthearted gags to more gags).

Both are pretty artsy, so perhaps my wording was a little hasty, but they are clearly different. The anime does not really do the manga justice (on either series, I'd say, but I really, really hate filler).

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I thought To-Love-Ru was decent at the beginning. Then it got worse and worse since there was no story development.
I've only read a bit of To-Love-Ru Darkness and I'm liking it since it has more of a plot again.

If only Prince of Tennis's spinoff/sequel manga was good...
I used to love the manga. At least the anime improves on whatever the manga's lacking though.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
yeah, I suppose I can't say much since I never read chapters of it. I just saw it as being as ecchi as can be, so the violence is sort of fleeting to me lol

asianaussie

Smash Hero
I think the violence is basically a gag lol...

Shin Prince of Tennis is better than the original. I still despise the picture it paints of tennis.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
^^^ This.
But hey, even there're some of us that think that way, let's give it some credit, it's not that bad sometimes. :troll:
:p

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
lol
Yes a flange is a silly name for a guard

If Orihime is not able to defend herself I really do hope this kid kills her.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
I have a little doubt about the anime: do anyone of know if it's gonna keep going, or will they end it where it is at now, with Aizen sealed by that Urahara's kidou???

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
Well, it's that i'm only reading Naruto's manga at this time due to not enough free time, which I'm not gonna spend reading bleach right now, bu I'm just curious about that question...

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Lol bleach anime. Sorry, continue.

I LIKE ONE PIECE

In all seriousness, it's doubtful they'll pull Bleech because it's a very valuable show, seeing as Japanese people love the edgy non-action and tomfoolery that is Blech. I mean, would you pull a show that draws countless viewers a week? Even if we find it distasteful, there are probably hundreds of Blergh fanclubs over there analysing the symbolic value of each episode. The fact that I can even make such speculation and not be laughed out of the forum is proof that, despite gaijin distaste, Blurgm is a very successful series in its home country and the Japanese aren't dumb enough to pull it.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
... I'm not sure whether it was me reading it late at night or if it was because of the fact that I was reading it on my iPod, but I had no idea what was ****ing going on.

What exactly did he DO with the flange? I didn't really understand it.

On a side note, why the hell did Kubo use the little flange as Ichigo's weapon? It made me feel cool for knowing what a flange is, but there really wasn't a reason for it.

PeachKiller279

Smash Apprentice
Bleach is awesome. You're all pretentious dbags.

I hope Orihime dies. I hate the **** out of that obnoxious *****.

lol @ Ichigo trying to throw the hilt as a shuriken and being like "oh wait it doesn't work like that. HERP." I giggled. :3

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
When you get your argument right, come back. Most of us agree that post-Soul Society / post-Fake Karakura Town, Bleach has gone downhill.
I agree with PK.

Bleach IS awesome, not "was."

I don't care about YOUR opinion. I care about MINE.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
It's a shame I can't hear the rest of PeachKillers argument or something.

Anyway, I'm still waiting on Ichigo learning Kagebunshin or Orihime dying. Is Uryuu still arm-less?

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Didn't Uryuu's dad sew his arm back on or something? I remember vaguely seeing something like that.

if not, it seems plausible.

Top Bottom